NATION

PASSWORD

European Migrant Crisis Megathread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Benian Republic
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Benian Republic » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:39 pm

No one wants refugees but they're suffering and us as nations and peoples able to help must help them when they are in need.
~~~Support Sinn Féinn I guess~~~

~Like all true Irishmen I have no ancestors. I was birthed from Ireland's soil itself, fully formed, like a potato.~
Pro: United Ireland, IRA, Allan Ryan, Palestine, Malvinas, Ukraine, Hamas-Fatah cooperation, legalized Gay marriage, Tibetan Resistance, Basque Separatists, OPM.
Neutral: Bathroom segregation.

Anti: English Imperialism, Nazism, communism, Israel, Zionism, Margret thatcher, Martin McGuinness, good Friday agreement.
I am an Irish Atheist and Republican, Not a Dissident stop saying I am.
RIP Óglach Alan Ryan

~~Proud Gaelige Speaker~~

Baltenstein
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Baltenstein » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:39 pm

Novus America wrote:
Baltenstein wrote:
Best solution for everyone:

Send ALL the migrants to the U.S., who are clearly much better suited to integrate them then the racist, cowardly Europeans, and generally have much more relaxed, rational feeling about Islam in general.

Yay?

Well, not all of them. We do not want ever Syrian. The Sufis, Yazidis and Christians sure. They should be here already. Some Sunnis is ok, but only the really moderate ones. We do not want a single Salafi.

Oh, you think you get to choose? Nope. You'd have to receive all the tired, poor and huddled masses.
O'er the hills and o'er the main.
Through Flanders, Portugal and Spain.
King George commands and we obey.
Over the hills and far away.

THE NORTH REMEMBERS

Killdash
Minister

Founded: Feb 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Killdash » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:40 pm

New Giliberafta wrote:
Killdash wrote:
But this influx, combined with a low fertility, and the fact that Europe is smaller by country than the U.S. is problematic.

Syria also has seen a low reproduction rate as well.

In general however, the migrant populace of Europe is reproducing twice as much as the natives.

Once again, I have no problem with refugees, on condition that those that are physically able must return to help rebuild their own country. Otherwise, there's no point.
How do you take your tea?: Seriously, very seriously.
Who the hell do you think you are?: I see myself as a mix of Don Quixote, Stephen Fry and 12 year old boy mixed into one very strange mind.
Are you always so modest?: Yes, though it takes a man of some character to pull it off.
Hey, your insensitive remark/insult/racial slur has me in a tizzy: Well, if you wish to cyber insult me, then do your worst.
Auremenas bitch
Roguishly good looking gentleman
Nationstates premier assassin for hire
For a small fee, of course.
5th spouse of Kannap (for 48 hours, but still counts)

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:40 pm

>Hunnia
>complaining about destroying Europe
lol
The Kievan People wrote: United Marxist Nations: A prayer for every soul, a plan for every economy and a waifu for every man. Solid.

Eastern Orthodox Catechumen. Religious communitarian with Sorelian, Marxist, and Traditionalist influences. Sympathies toward Sunni Islam. All flags/avatars are chosen for aesthetic or humor purposes only
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
St. John Chrysostom wrote:A comprehended God is no God.

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2004
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:40 pm

Novus America wrote:
Grave_n_idle wrote:
They haven't in the last 1400 years. But cultures should evolve anyway, so don't fear change.

Not all "evolution" is for the better. I would not call extreme social conservatism "evolution". So we have to make sure immigrants have reasonably moderate views. Most do. But the Salafis must be weeded out.

It doesn't matter what you would call it, and evolution isn't necessarily 'for the better', but that's because you think there's a goal.

Evolution is the survival of what is fittest... and if a culture is fitter to survive, then it will.
I identify as
a problem

Talvezout
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Talvezout » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:41 pm

Crusader occupied mecca wrote:
Grave_n_idle wrote:
They haven't in the last 1400 years. But cultures should evolve anyway, so don't fear change.

That's why they are changing tactics. Failed with brute force, so they try with subtlety and treachery.

So basically, we're treating Muslims like we did with gay people and Jews.

Look, even if the extremely conservative factions do commit some reprehensible things, that doesn't mean we treat all of them like they're some evil boogeyman here to overthrow Europe.

Because, shockingly, they're also people.
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
talveziobiblio.org.tz

Jamzmania
Senator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Jamzmania » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:42 pm

DBJ wrote:
Geilinor wrote:Or Europe adopts policies that work. Immigration is an issue Europe is failing at.

Europe has far more integration projects than the US. Europe isn't failing it's immigrants. The immigrants are failing europe. Also, refugees are very different from your standard immigrant.
Beyond that, it's not immigrants in general, it's specifically muslim immigrants which lack behind. And this isn't just true for europe, but seems to hold true for every western country.

That is because the culture of these Muslim immigrants is not compatible with and, quite frankly, hostile to Western culture.

And let us not kid ourselves by calling these people refugees. They are economic migrants.
The Alexanderians wrote:"Fear no man or woman,
No matter what their size.
Call upon me,
And I will equalize."

-Engraved on the side of my M1911 .45

Crusader occupied mecca
Envoy

Founded: Oct 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Crusader occupied mecca » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:42 pm

Neutraligon wrote:
Crusader occupied mecca wrote:Can you prove they won't?

Prove they will. You have the burden of proof.

Muslims say there is no god but allah and Muhammad is his prophet, but they never prove that. Why do they get to not prove it but I have to? Could it be you are just anti white... Er i mean anti racist.
The Baghdad "battery" was just a jar to store scrolls over-hyped by a self-serving archaeologist.

The crusades were a counter-attack called for by the legitimate government of the relevant lands, the Byzantine Empire.

Killdash
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Killdash » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:43 pm

Grave_n_idle wrote:
Novus America wrote:
Not all "evolution" is for the better. I would not call extreme social conservatism "evolution". So we have to make sure immigrants have reasonably moderate views. Most do. But the Salafis must be weeded out.

It doesn't matter what you would call it, and evolution isn't necessarily 'for the better', but that's because you think there's a goal.

Evolution is the survival of what is fittest... and if a culture is fitter to survive, then it will.

Okay, but human "evolution", at least in society, is not how we choose our societies. See "Social Darwinism" for the reason why.
Who the hell do you think you are?: I see myself as a mix of Don Quixote, Stephen Fry and 12 year old boy mixed into one very strange mind.
Are you always so modest?: Yes, though it takes a man of some character to pull it off.
Hey, your insensitive remark/insult/racial slur has me in a tizzy: Well, if you wish to cyber insult me, then do your worst.
Auremenas bitch

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:44 pm

Neutraligon wrote:

Muslims say there is no god but allah and Muhammad is his prophet, but they never prove that. Why do they get to not prove it but I have to? Could it be you are just anti white... Er i mean anti racist.

The Ten Commandments say that there is no God but God but Christians never prove that.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Jochistan
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Jochistan » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:44 pm

Neutraligon wrote:

Because religious dogma and worldly affairs are two different things...I mean...holy shit.
Last edited by Jochistan on Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your friendly neighborhood Steppe Republic.
I was a wimp before Nationstates, now I'm a jerk and everybody loves me.

Pro: Moral Conservatism, Nationalism, Rationalism, Theocracy, Traditionalism, Golden Age of Islam, Corporal and Capital Punishment, Ethnic Mixing, Integration, Stranka Demokratske Akcije, Kosovo, Tibet, Ichkeria, el Sisi.
Anti: Salafism, Khomeinism, Racial Ultranationalism, Xenophobic Populism, Progressivism, Communism, Hedonism, Pacifism, Multiculturalism, Nihilism, Israel, Hamas, Serbia and friends, China.
Genghis did nothing wrong

New Giliberafta
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Giliberafta » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:44 pm

Neutraligon wrote:

Your arguement doesnt prove the topic at hand..
Active (not really) since April 2014
Gili

Talvezout
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Talvezout » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:44 pm

Sanctum, since I'm not going to even bother quoting that mess.

Maybe the reason why nations are starting to turn away from Israel is, shockingly, the fact that some of Israel's leaders are doing and saying some vile shit.

Also, nice job on calling the fleeing refugees or people "invaders" scum of the Earth.

Because, obviously, that's all what the ebil brown people want to do.
talveziobiblio.org.tz

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:44 pm

Grave_n_idle wrote:

That's why they are changing tactics. Failed with brute force, so they try with subtlety and treachery.

This persecution agenda is so boring.

'They' aren't trying with subtlety and treachery - you're imagining an agenda where there are just people.

I realise it's comforting to think there's a plan - god knows, the world is a scary enough place that even conspiracy theories actually foster kind of feeling of security. It would be awesome if SOMEONE was planning everything, wouldn't it?

But, no - it's just boring. There are people, and they are moving around, as they always have. No agenda. No invasion. You're not a sentinel standing on a hill spotting an oncoming storm.
I identify as
a problem

Prussia-Steinbach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Prussia-Steinbach » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:45 pm

Neutraligon wrote:Prove they will. You have the burden of proof.

...What in the holy fuck are you even talking about.

For the record, I hold Christians and Muslims to the exact same standard. Ask Jochistan if you don't believe me, he's see it firsthand. I wish any religious person could prove their beliefs; obviously, none can, but that's not the fucking point. You can't prove your god exists, or even that Jesus was a real guy. We want you to prove brown people are going to ruin Europe.

Which brings me to: https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/special-pleading
I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do.
The question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. ― William S. Burroughs

Killdash
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Killdash » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:45 pm

Talvezout wrote:
Crusader occupied mecca wrote:That's why they are changing tactics. Failed with brute force, so they try with subtlety and treachery.

So basically, we're treating Muslims like we did with gay people and Jews.

Look, even if the extremely conservative factions do commit some reprehensible things, that doesn't mean we treat all of them like they're some evil boogeyman here to overthrow Europe.

Because, shockingly, they're also people.

I don't think anyone's yet argued against refugees per say. The arguement is the majority want to stay in Europe, which will not help their own country.
Auremenas bitch

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:45 pm

Killdash wrote:
Grave_n_idle wrote:

Okay, but human "evolution", at least in society, is not how we choose our societies. See "Social Darwinism" for the reason why.

Social darwinism is nonsense.
I identify as
a problem

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:45 pm

Jochistan wrote:
Crusader occupied mecca wrote:That's why they are changing tactics. Failed with brute force, so they try with subtlety and treachery.

They as in all Muslims? It's really mostly Wahhabis or Wahhabi-influenced Sunnis. Which is a massive problem and a lot of people, but it's not like all Muslims are out to bring society down.

Exactly. There is middle ground. Not all or even most Muslims have evil intentions. But it is indisputable some Muslims do. Salafis want to destroy all other religions and turn Europe into a theocracy that kills LGBT people.

Most Muslims are not Salafis.

Not all Muslims are bad. But SOME Muslims ARE BAD. So we need to weed out the bad ones.
Last edited by Novus America on Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Crusader occupied mecca
Envoy

Founded: Oct 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Crusader occupied mecca » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:45 pm

Vassenor wrote:
Crusader occupied mecca wrote:Muslims say there is no god but allah and Muhammad is his prophet, but they never prove that. Why do they get to not prove it but I have to? Could it be you are just anti white... Er i mean anti racist.

The Ten Commandments say that there is no God but God but Christians never prove that.

Then maybe they should go crawl back up their virgin mother
The Baghdad "battery" was just a jar to store scrolls over-hyped by a self-serving archaeologist.

The crusades were a counter-attack called for by the legitimate government of the relevant lands, the Byzantine Empire.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:46 pm

New Benian Republic wrote:No one wants refugees but they're suffering and us as nations and peoples able to help must help them when they are in need.

Which is why everyone seems to be adamant about referring to this as a migrant crisis rather than a refugee one. Because if we think of them as migrants then we don't feel an obligtion to help them.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Talvezout
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Talvezout » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:46 pm

Neutraligon wrote:

Christians say there is no god but the lord and Jesus is his son, but they never prove that. Why do they get to not prove it but I have to? Could it be you are just anti religious... Er i mean atheist.

Look how bad that argument is when you switch it around.

Also, being anti-racist is being anti-white now.

I swear, is NSG becoming Reddit now?
talveziobiblio.org.tz

New Giliberafta
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Giliberafta » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:46 pm

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:
Crusader occupied mecca wrote:Muslims say there is no god but allah and Muhammad is his prophet, but they never prove that. Why do they get to not prove it but I have to? Could it be you are just anti white... Er i mean anti racist.

...What in the holy fuck are you even talking about.

For the record, I hold Christians and Muslims to the exact same standard. Ask Jochistan if you don't believe me, he's see it firsthand. I wish any religious person could prove their beliefs; obviously, none can, but that's not the fucking point. You can't prove your god exists, or even that Jesus was a real guy. We want you to prove brown people are going to ruin Europe.

Which brings me to: https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/special-pleading

You are awesome
Active (not really) since April 2014
Gili

Unnamed island state
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Unnamed island state » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:47 pm

DBJ wrote:
Geilinor wrote:Or Europe adopts policies that work. Immigration is an issue Europe is failing at.

Europe has far more integration projects than the US. Europe isn't failing it's immigrants. The immigrants are failing europe. Also, refugees are very different from your standard immigrant.
Beyond that, it's not immigrants in general, it's specifically muslim immigrants which lack behind. And this isn't just true for europe, but seems to hold true for every western country.

Well the first statement isn't very shocking, it's always going to be harder to integrate immigrants into societies comprised of single large ethnic majorities. But your second one doesn't seem correct, many Muslims have integrated into Western society and continue to do so.
Free Bread.

Killdash
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Killdash » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:47 pm

Grave_n_idle wrote:
Killdash wrote:

Social darwinism is nonsense.

Oh, I agree. But it's a direct consequence of thinking that human cultures must somehow fight it out for superiority.
Auremenas bitch

Jumalariik
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Jumalariik » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:47 pm

New Benian Republic wrote:No one wants refugees but they're suffering and us as nations and peoples able to help must help them when they are in need.

I agree. Let's put them all in Ireland. :)
Varemeist tõuseb kättemaks! Eesti on Hiiumaast Petserini!
Pray for a new spiritual crusade against the left!-Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium
For: A Christian West, Tradition, Pepe, Catholicism, St. Thomas Aquinas, the rosary, warm cider, ramen noodles, kbac, Latin, Gavin McInnes, Pro-Life, kebabs, stability, Opus Dei
Against: the left wing, the Englightenment, Black Lives Matter, Islam, homosexual/transgender agenda, cultural marxism

Boycott Coke, drink Fanta

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General