NATION

PASSWORD

The NS Mens Rights Thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 30, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:28 am

The Cobalt Sky wrote:
Dortmundia wrote:Just like feminism this is also bullshit

I've never seen someone derail an entire thread in just 7 words. Nice try, though.

Well, the only reason you are right is that your post was requiredn Sadly for you and the thread's overall quality, this is also what makes you wrong.

Next time, try Hirota's less "point scoring" approach even if it means you don't get to make a condescending and snappy reply because, hey, that is a style of response which won't create the mountain you did. And here I am making said mountain higher in hope that next time the mature methods of Hirota are followed.

Hilariously, bvb here is also not off topic and makes a point that is easily understood and only wrkng in that it equates, without question, an entirely online phenomena with one with irl manifestations. That is, the good things that the MRM might agree with and which some might try to ascribe to it, have nothing to do with the MRM. (I do not exclude the possibility that some members of said irl things identify as MRAs when saying this.)
That it Could be What it Is, Is What it Is

Stop making shit up, though. Links, or it's a God-damn lie and you know it.

The normie life is heteronormie

We won't know until 2053 when it'll be really obvious what he should've done. [...] We have no option but to guess.

MRAs Are Dumb
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby MRAs Are Dumb » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:28 am

Men already have more rights than women. What's wrong with changing that around temporarily, in the name of feminism, to give them a taste of their own medicine? Nonetheless, to taste equality, one must be oppressed first. It's time for men to be.

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 30, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:42 am

MRAs Are Dumb wrote:Men already have more rights than women. What's wrong with changing that around temporarily, in the name of feminism, to give them a taste of their own medicine? Nonetheless, to taste equality, one must be oppressed first. It's time for men to be.

What you have unwittingly stumbled across is the misleading use of the term 'rights' in this broader discussion. That is, only very stupid people think that men and women in the developed world (in countries like the US with more developed abortion laws) have substantively different rights. Such discrimination (i.e. substantive is an operative word) is illegal. The diacussion generally uses rights as a convenient short hand/historical legacy (like an appendix) for broader ideas relating to gender inequality. Good work.

Also, the MRM is more naive than stupid to the extent that it is not acutely aware that baggage is an issue for movements. That is, I would argue most of the issues endemic to feminism that MRAs are generally acutely aware of apply to the MRM to at least the same extent and often moreso but this tends to not be noticed. Somehow, I feel as if this is somewhat to empathetic as a criticism to be appreciated by someone who thinka that "MRAs are stupid" is a clever idea/nation.
That it Could be What it Is, Is What it Is

Stop making shit up, though. Links, or it's a God-damn lie and you know it.

The normie life is heteronormie

We won't know until 2053 when it'll be really obvious what he should've done. [...] We have no option but to guess.

Haktiva
Senator

Founded: Sep 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Haktiva » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:37 am

Any thoughts on Male Mother Need? In simple terms it's more or less how a man's relationship with his mother forms the prototype for all future interactions with women, or at least helps determine what traits a man would find desirable in women in terms of personality. This is discussed fairly often in MGTOW circles, usually pointing out some fallacies in traditionalist arguments in doing so, usually in terms of women begin good for men.

For example, Raging Golden Eagle has discussed that some men view women as good for them because they make them take care of themselves, while at the same time shaming bachelors for being "man children" and immature for not committing to a woman(traditionalism is seen as more detrimental to men than feminism is, it would seem). The irony is quite amusing, calling a single man immature and childish for not marrying, yet the men who do so say they wouldn't be able to take care of themselves if not for their wives(or girlfriends). Who's more mature, the single guy who can take care of himself or the guy that depends on the woman to make sure he does?

There seems to be a lot of guys out there who want another mother in their wife, someone to nurture them rather than be an equal partner. Male ego is a strange thing.
All around disagreeable person.

"Personal freedom is a double edged sword though. On the one end, it grants more power to the individual. However, the vast majority of individuals are fuckin idiots, and if certain restraints are not metered down by more responsible members of society, the society quickly degrades into a hedonistic and psychotic cluster fuck."

Tahar Joblis
Powerbroker

Founded: Antiquity
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tahar Joblis » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:39 am

Forsher wrote:
MRAs Are Dumb wrote:Men already have more rights than women. What's wrong with changing that around temporarily, in the name of feminism, to give them a taste of their own medicine? Nonetheless, to taste equality, one must be oppressed first. It's time for men to be.

What you have unwittingly stumbled across is the misleading use of the term 'rights' in this broader discussion. That is, only very stupid people think that men and women in the developed world (in countries like the US with more developed abortion laws) have substantively different rights. Such discrimination (i.e. substantive is an operative word) is illegal. The diacussion generally uses rights as a convenient short hand/historical legacy (like an appendix) for broader ideas relating to gender inequality. Good work.

Also, the MRM is more naive than stupid to the extent that it is not acutely aware that baggage is an issue for movements. That is, I would argue most of the issues endemic to feminism that MRAs are generally acutely aware of apply to the MRM to at least the same extent and often moreso but this tends to not be noticed. Somehow, I feel as if this is somewhat to empathetic as a criticism to be appreciated by someone who thinka that "MRAs are stupid" is a clever idea/nation.

There is a difference between de facto and de jure rights.

Parental rights, for example, exist explicitly within the legal systems of most developed countries. De jure, men have equal parental rights in many of those countries - according to the most basic legal description of those rights, anyway. However, these "rights" are undermined by a variety of discriminatory policies and practices.

There are also regulations of abortion and pregnancy almost everywhere in the developed world. Feminists see these regulations as ways in which women lack the right to bodily autonomy that men have. (Of course, every single way in which a man is permitted to exercise bodily autonomy, women are also permitted to exercise bodily autonomy; and there are regulations pertaining to medical procedures other than abortion as well.)

Speaking of the right to bodily autonomy, we can see rape also as a crime of violation of bodily autonomy. In that light, it develops that the right of men to have bodily autonomy is not protected against criminal infringement in the same way as women, due to the way in which rape is frequently defined and prosecuted.

Substantive discrimination is, in theory, illegal. This fact, however, does not imply that the legal apparatus itself does not engage in substantive discrimination; simply that it's not supposed to. Or rather, not supposed to without a good reason - the bar on substantive discrimination has a giant loophole in that if you can come up with and defend a rationale for engaging in even explicit discrimination, you can get away with discriminating.

For example, when age of consent laws that overtly discriminated between men and women were challenged in court, they were upheld on the basis of a compelling social interest (preventing teen pregnancy) that differentiated between older women taking advantage of young men and older men taking advantage of young women. A fairly flimsy pretext, IMO, all things considered - but one that courts were willing to defend, and one which said that young women could have legal protections that young men lacked.

I do not think that only very stupid people believe that men and women have different rights in the developed world. There is a perfectly reasonable case to be made on each of the three to five sides of the argument that is, when fully and completely developed, something that takes a person of merely average intelligence a non-trivial amount of effort to thoroughly grasp and compare.

Tahar Joblis
Powerbroker

Founded: Antiquity
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tahar Joblis » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:42 am

Haktiva wrote:Any thoughts on Male Mother Need? In simple terms it's more or less how a man's relationship with his mother forms the prototype for all future interactions with women, or at least helps determine what traits a man would find desirable in women in terms of personality. This is discussed fairly often in MGTOW circles, usually pointing out some fallacies in traditionalist arguments in doing so, usually in terms of women begin good for men.

For example, Raging Golden Eagle has discussed that some men view women as good for them because they make them take care of themselves, while at the same time shaming bachelors for being "man children" and immature for not committing to a woman(traditionalism is seen as more detrimental to men than feminism is, it would seem). The irony is quite amusing, calling a single man immature and childish for not marrying, yet the men who do so say they wouldn't be able to take care of themselves if not for their wives(or girlfriends). Who's more mature, the single guy who can take care of himself or the guy that depends on the woman to make sure he does?

There seems to be a lot of guys out there who want another mother in their wife, someone to nurture them rather than be an equal partner. Male ego is a strange thing.

That sounds like a fresh recycling of Freud.

It is true that transference is a real thing; but it is not so cut and dried as a universal Oedipal template.

Haktiva
Senator

Founded: Sep 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Haktiva » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:45 am

Tahar Joblis wrote:
Haktiva wrote:Any thoughts on Male Mother Need? In simple terms it's more or less how a man's relationship with his mother forms the prototype for all future interactions with women, or at least helps determine what traits a man would find desirable in women in terms of personality. This is discussed fairly often in MGTOW circles, usually pointing out some fallacies in traditionalist arguments in doing so, usually in terms of women begin good for men.

That sounds like a fresh recycling of Freud.

It is true that transference is a real thing; but it is not so cut and dried as a universal Oedipal template.

Indeed
All around disagreeable person.

"Personal freedom is a double edged sword though. On the one end, it grants more power to the individual. However, the vast majority of individuals are fuckin idiots, and if certain restraints are not metered down by more responsible members of society, the society quickly degrades into a hedonistic and psychotic cluster fuck."

Ashkera
Minister

Founded: May 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ashkera » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:25 am

> assuming the men that would bear the brunt of the attack would be the same ones that caused problems

> punishing living people for the actions of dead people against other dead people

> thinking of all men as a homogenous hivemind blob AGAIN

> punishing people for the actions of others that they don't actually control

> thinking that being "oppressed" necessarily builds solidarity with other "oppressed" groups

> assuming men would just take this sitting down and not decide to more permanently put those responsible "in their place", what with gender relations already as bad as they are

The irony of the username is astounding. Not sure if troll.
第五大黒森帝国
Practice. Virtue. Harmony. Prosperity.

A secretive Dominant-Party Technocracy located in the southwest of the Pacific Ocean
Factbook: The Fifth Empire of Ashkera [2018/2030] (updated 18.04.29) / Questions
Roaming squads of state-sponsored body-builders teach nerds to lift. "Fifth generation" cruise ships come equipped with naval reactors. Insurance inspectors are more feared than tax auditors. Turbine-powered "super interceptor" police cruisers patrol high-speed highways.

Hirota
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 22, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Hirota » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:36 am

The account has been banned, so lets not dwell on it's irrelevance any further. If the person that created this puppet account wants to have a sensible discussion then we should be happy to participate, but in the meantime, don't fall for the flamebaity username.

And here I am making said mountain higher in hope that next time the mature methods of Hirota are followed.
If you are calling me mature you clearly don't know me that well ;)
Last edited by Hirota on Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger - Confucius
Known to trigger Grammar Nazis, Spelling Nazis, Actual Nazis, the emotionally stunted and pedants.
Those affected by the views, opinions or general demeanour of this poster should review this puppy picture. Those affected by puppy pictures should consider investing in an isolation tank.

Economic Left/Right: -3.25, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.03
Isn't it curious how people will claim they are against tribalism, then pigeonhole themselves into tribes?

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
I use obviously in italics to emphasise the conveying of sarcasm. If I've put excessive obviously's into a post that means I'm being sarcastic

Kelinfort
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kelinfort » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:46 am

Total bullshit based on antiquated Freudian psychology.

Ashkera
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ashkera » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:49 am

Hirota wrote:The account has been banned, so lets not dwell on it's irrelevance any further. If the person that created this puppet account wants to have a sensible discussion then we should be happy to participate, but in the meantime, don't fall for the flamebaity username.

I just wanted to address it because I've seen that "women should be in charge for revenge" viewpoint before elsewhere, and I bet some people in this forum secretly hold it. I wanted to point the number of ways its implicit assumptions don't make any sense.

I wasn't actually angry, I just figured it was a good time to headshot that recurring dumb argument.
Last edited by Ashkera on Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
第五大黒森帝国

A secretive Dominant-Party Technocracy located in the southwest of the Pacific Ocean
Factbook: The Fifth Empire of Ashkera [2018/2030] (updated 18.04.29) / Questions
Roaming squads of state-sponsored body-builders teach nerds to lift. "Fifth generation" cruise ships come equipped with naval reactors. Insurance inspectors are more feared than tax auditors. Turbine-powered "super interceptor" police cruisers patrol high-speed highways.

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 14, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ostroeuropa » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:03 am

I go away from two days and avoid a shitstorm. It's my lucky week I guess, though I did witness some things that will remain with and horrify me to the grave, so i'm not so sure. Horrors abound when you go drinking with one of Those Friends. Is there anything worth going back through the last 10 pages for, or will it all be shit?

Kelinfort wrote:
Haktiva wrote:
Any thoughts on Male Mother Need? In simple terms it's more or less how a man's relationship with his mother forms the prototype for all future interactions with women, or at least helps determine what traits a man would find desirable in women in terms of personality. This is discussed fairly often in MGTOW circles, usually pointing out some fallacies in traditionalist arguments in doing so, usually in terms of women begin good for men.

Total bullshit based on antiquated Freudian psychology.

Yeh pretty much. It's narratively appealing, like a lot of freuds work. But it's not actually true.

Same as it's narratively appealing that we're the centre of the universe and the sun goes round us.
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:21 am

Oh, and about gays and indoctrination. My Two Cents:

I think everyone is bisexual, and varying degrees of repressed. Sue me.

My reasoning for thinking this is that the whole idea of teh gayness being bad pretty much only comes around into some european cultures with the rise of christianity. In fact the entire notion of a homosexual is kind of a recent thing in historical terms.
Prior to that it was considered normal in some cultures to fuck the same sex, and eventually marry the opposite. (Celts.)

So when these people say "You're indoctrinating people into gayness!"
No. We're undoing the indoctrination that arose due to monotheism that leads to people repressing their sexuality.

"You must not fuck the same sex." <-Indoctrination
"It's actually fine, do whatever you want to do." <-Is not a form of indoctrination. You can't give an open choice to people then claim they're indoctrinated, that's ridiculous. Indoctrinated into what. Not fucking the same sex unless they want to? The horror.

I think the gay identity arose due to repression and oppression of sexuality. I think had the monotheisms left well enough alone we'd lack a real concept of a gay person or a straight person.

People might tend one way or the other, but broadly people would be bisexual. I don't think we'll return to that though. I think now that the gay identity has arisen, it's probably here to stay.

I had an interesting conversation with a religious person about the whole leviticus bit, by the way, that actually segues into mens rights.

In a lot of cultures that had an anti-gay streak (And even in some today, Russia for example.) being the "Bottom" is the gay bit. Being the "top" is not. In some ancient cultures this was a war-rape kind of thing, thralls and slaves too, captured ones especially.
Specifically, note that leviticus says "Lie with another man as he would a woman" or whatever.
It doesn't condemn the bottom gay, but the top instead.

He was of the opinion that the passage is a condemnation of rape of men by other men. I thought it was interesting apologism at least, and some decent gymnastics.
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

Ashkera
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ashkera » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:28 am

Ostroeuropa wrote:I think everyone is bisexual, and varying degrees of repressed. Sue me.

I'm going to guess you're bisexual or pansexual here, since those are the people I've most encountered with this viewpoint.

No. Some people really are just plain ol' straight or gay. They tried that tango and they didn't like it, so "they're just repressed" doesn't make sense. They were already not-repressed enough to give it a shot.

I haven't tried the other side of the fence, but seeing someone of the same sex is about as appealing as a box of rocks. No lust, no disgust, just plain old nothin'. And there was a time in my life when playing for both teams would have made my life a LOT easier.

There are probably secret bisexual men loose in the population right now, but definitely not all of them.
第五大黒森帝国

Autonomous Titoists
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Autonomous Titoists » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:31 am

Ostroeuropa wrote:Oh, and about gays and indoctrination. My Two Cents:

I think everyone is bisexual, and varying degrees of repressed. Sue me.

My reasoning for thinking this is that the whole idea of teh gayness being bad pretty much only comes around into some european cultures with the rise of christianity. In fact the entire notion of a homosexual is kind of a recent thing in historical terms.
Prior to that it was considered normal in some cultures to fuck the same sex, and eventually marry the opposite. (Celts.)

So when these people say "You're indoctrinating people into gayness!"
No. We're undoing the indoctrination that arose due to monotheism that leads to people repressing their sexuality.

"You must not fuck the same sex." <-Indoctrination
"It's actually fine, do whatever you want to do." <-Is not a form of indoctrination. You can't give an open choice to people then claim they're indoctrinated, that's ridiculous. Indoctrinated into what. Not fucking the same sex unless they want to? The horror.

I think the gay identity arose due to repression and oppression of sexuality. I think had the monotheisms left well enough alone we'd lack a real concept of a gay person or a straight person.

People might tend one way or the other, but broadly people would be bisexual. I don't think we'll return to that though. I think now that the gay identity has arisen, it's probably here to stay.

I had an interesting conversation with a religious person about the whole leviticus bit, by the way, that actually segues into mens rights.

In a lot of cultures that had an anti-gay streak (And even in some today, Russia for example.) being the "Bottom" is the gay bit. Being the "top" is not. In some ancient cultures this was a war-rape kind of thing, thralls and slaves too, captured ones especially.
Specifically, note that leviticus says "Lie with another man as he would a woman" or whatever.
It doesn't condemn the bottom gay, but the top instead.

He was of the opinion that the passage is a condemnation of rape of men by other men. I thought it was interesting apologism at least, and some decent gymnastics.

The part about indoctrination made my day.

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:31 am

Ashkera wrote:
Ostroeuropa wrote:I think everyone is bisexual, and varying degrees of repressed. Sue me.

I'm going to guess you're bisexual or pansexual here, since those are the people I've most encountered with this viewpoint.

No. Some people really are just plain ol' straight or gay. They tried that tango and they didn't like it, so "they're just repressed" doesn't make sense. They were already not-repressed enough to give it a shot.

I haven't tried the other side of the fence, but seeing someone of the same sex is about as appealing as a box of rocks. No lust, no disgust, just plain old nothin'. And there was a time in my life when playing for both teams would have made my life a LOT easier.

There are probably secret bisexual men loose in the population right now, but definitely not all of them.

Yeh i'm bisexual. I don't often voice this opinion, because I can see how it would be irritating for people if it was wrong. I don't really know of any solid way to prove it either way conclusively.
Ostro.MOV

Cannabis Islands
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Cannabis Islands » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:34 am

Ostroeuropa wrote:
Ashkera wrote:

I'm gay and I really I'm not attracted to vagina...not even a little..

Yeh i'm bisexual. I don't often voice this opinion, because I can see how it would be irritating for people if it was wrong. I don't really know of any solid way to prove it either way conclusively.
About me: I have a strong dislike of religion and the current social justice narrative. Used to be a SSPX-like Catholic, but not anymore. And no, my nation does not represent my real views...most of the time.
Why I'm no longer a Socialist.
My pronouns: That asshole from /pol/, bigot, misogynist, transphobe, racist
And no, my flag is NOT used for RPing :)
Finally, fuck your trigger warnings.

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:38 am

Cannabis Islands wrote:
Ostroeuropa wrote:I'm gay and I really I'm not attracted to vagina...not even a little..

Fair enough, but how would you explain cultures such as the celts then?

http://www.ivargault.com/kelterne/celts.html (search homosexual.)

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/inde ... 844AA0zULL

(I mean, there's multiple sources for it. Celts + homosexuality.)

I suppose you could put it down to classical historians being shit and homophobic about the enemy perhaps.
Or, that it actually is possible to indoctrinate people into having sex with the same sex.
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ostro.MOV

Cankristia
Attaché

Founded: Jun 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Cankristia » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:42 am

Ostroeuropa wrote:
Cannabis Islands wrote:

I suppose you could put it down to classical historians being shit and homophobic about the enemy perhaps.
Or, that it actually is possible to indoctrinate people into having sex with the same sex.

Even if it is possible it's not some terrible thing.
ENTP 17 year old male. Talk to me.

President: Sean Winters, leader of the Rationalist Party, has ruled for 300 years from a robot body. The day he loses a reelection is the day he will choose to die and join his friends in oblivion.

Pro: Private Property, Technocracy, LGBTQA + rights, racial equality, gender equality, BERNIE SANDERS, JILL STEIN, Universal Healthcare, pro-choice, moderate gun control, Free Trade (But under a system not crafted by large corporations)), and an eventual planetary governance.

Con: The Abolishment of Private Property, hardline ideology, homophobia, gender inequality, racism, tax loopholes, Donald Trump, HRC, Isolationism, and prejudice/bigotry in all of its forms.

I have a lot more opinions but those are a few that come to mind immediately.

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:45 am

Cankristia wrote:
Ostroeuropa wrote:

I agree it's not terrible, even if so, provided the consent is genuine.
Though, at that point, we might be stuck when trying to come up with an argument why trying to indoctrinate people into straight sex is wrong.
Best to just do nothing and say it's all acceptable.
Ostro.MOV

Cannabis Islands
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Cannabis Islands » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:49 am

Ostroeuropa wrote:
Cannabis Islands wrote:

I believe people are born with their sexual orientation. I also grew up in a environment hostile towards male homosexuality.
Last edited by Cannabis Islands on Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
About me: I have a strong dislike of religion and the current social justice narrative. Used to be a SSPX-like Catholic, but not anymore. And no, my nation does not represent my real views...most of the time.

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:53 am

Cannabis Islands wrote:
Ostroeuropa wrote:

I believe people are born with their sexual orientation. I also grew up in a environment hostile towards male homosexuality.

I'm really not convinced of that, but I think we should probably point out that there is no scientific consensus as of yet on any of this.
I'm sorry to hear about your upbringing though, that must have been difficult. Did it impact your identity as a man and your feelings of masculinity at all? Or was it not related to that in terms of how you felt/received the hostility? Just to drag the thread back to the topic.
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ostro.MOV

Cannabis Islands
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Cannabis Islands » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:56 am

Ostroeuropa wrote:
Cannabis Islands wrote:I believe people are born with their sexual orientation. I also grew up in a environment hostile towards male homosexuality.

I'm really not convinced of that, but I think we should probably point out that there is no scientific consensus as of yet on any of this.
I'm sorry to hear about your upbringing though, that must have been difficult. Did it impact your identity as a man and your feelings of masculinity at all? Or was it not related to that in terms of how you felt/received the hostility? Just to drag the thread back to the topic.

I mean there was this idea that a man had to be heterosexual to be a "real man".

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:10 am

Cannabis Islands wrote:
Ostroeuropa wrote:

I mean there was this idea that a man had to be heterosexual to be a "real man".

Did it ever worry you, or did you just think it was bollocks?
Ostro.MOV

Cankristia
Attaché

Founded: Jun 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Cankristia » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:13 am

Ostroeuropa wrote:
Cankristia wrote:

I agree it's not terrible, even if so, provided the consent is genuine.
Though, at that point, we might be stuck when trying to come up with an argument why trying to indoctrinate people into straight sex is wrong.
Best to just do nothing and say it's all acceptable.

Well, I think that the problem here is that when we speak of a subject like "indoctrination' which we all agree is wrong, there's a hidden implication that indoctrination actually happens.

In the Modern Western world, this hidden implication is that homosexual parenting and homosexuality in public is tantamount to "indoctrination", which isn't actually the case.
ENTP 17 year old male. Talk to me.

President: Sean Winters, leader of the Rationalist Party, has ruled for 300 years from a robot body. The day he loses a reelection is the day he will choose to die and join his friends in oblivion.

Pro: Private Property, Technocracy, LGBTQA + rights, racial equality, gender equality, BERNIE SANDERS, JILL STEIN, Universal Healthcare, pro-choice, moderate gun control, Free Trade (But under a system not crafted by large corporations)), and an eventual planetary governance.

Con: The Abolishment of Private Property, hardline ideology, homophobia, gender inequality, racism, tax loopholes, Donald Trump, HRC, Isolationism, and prejudice/bigotry in all of its forms.

I have a lot more opinions but those are a few that come to mind immediately.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General