NATION

PASSWORD

The NS Mens Rights Thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Haktiva
Senator

Founded: Sep 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Haktiva » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:20 pm

The Alexanderians wrote:
Galloism wrote:Well that's a start.

I hope it goes better than the male DV shelter in Canada did.

I give it a few months before people start to complain about it "drawing funds from women's shelters" or something similar given that it's in Sweden. If it works it will restore some of my faith in their government, since it will surpass my expectations.

reminds me of the feminists in Britain protesting at the Suffragette premier because the government there cut funding to DV shelters that wouldn't take in men.

I expect similar results.
All around disagreeable person.

"Personal freedom is a double edged sword though. On the one end, it grants more power to the individual. However, the vast majority of individuals are fuckin idiots, and if certain restraints are not metered down by more responsible members of society, the society quickly degrades into a hedonistic and psychotic cluster fuck."

Geilinor
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Geilinor » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:26 pm

Ostroeuropa wrote:
Racist or feminist?
You decide.

She called the police because a black man opened the door? I say both.
Member of the Free Democratic Party. Not left. Not right. Forward.
Economic Left/Right: -1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41

The Alexanderians
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alexanderians » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:29 pm

Geilinor wrote:
Ostroeuropa wrote:
Racist or feminist?
You decide.

She called the police because a black man opened the door? I say both.

Hopefully she got arrested for it.
Galloism wrote:Or we can go with feminism doesn't exist. We all imagined it. Collectively.
You can't fight the friction
Women belong in the kitchen
Men belong in the kitchen
Everyone belongs in the kitchen
Kitchen has food
I have brought dishonor to my gaming clan
Achesia wrote:Threads like this is why I need to stop coming to NSG....

Marethian Lupanar of Teladre wrote:A bright and cheerful mountain village of chapel-goers~

The Archregimancy wrote:
Hagia Sophia is best church.

Major-Tom wrote:Why am I full of apathy?

I'm just here to be the peanut gallery
уσυ нανєи'т gσт тнє fυℓℓ єffє¢т

Haktiva
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Haktiva » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:43 pm

The Alexanderians wrote:
Geilinor wrote:She called the police because a black man opened the door? I say both.

Hopefully she got arrested for it.

in the sense she was being a bigot or wasting police resources?

"Personal freedom is a double edged sword though. On the one end, it grants more power to the individual. However, the vast majority of individuals are fuckin idiots, and if certain restraints are not metered down by more responsible members of society, the society quickly degrades into a hedonistic and psychotic cluster fuck."

The Alexanderians
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Alexanderians » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:55 pm

Haktiva wrote:
The Alexanderians wrote:Hopefully she got arrested for it.

in the sense she was being a bigot or wasting police resources?

yes
Galloism wrote:Or we can go with feminism doesn't exist. We all imagined it. Collectively.
Kitchen has food

Marethian Lupanar of Teladre wrote:A bright and cheerful mountain village of chapel-goers~

The Archregimancy wrote:

Haktiva
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Haktiva » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:58 pm

The Alexanderians wrote:
Haktiva wrote:in the sense she was being a bigot or wasting police resources?

yes

alrighty then, Fred Fredburger

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:09 pm

Haktiva wrote:
The Alexanderians wrote:yes

Couldn't be racial profiling. Nope, it was because she had a pathological hatred of men obviously.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

The Alexanderians
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Alexanderians » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:10 pm

Haktiva wrote:
The Alexanderians wrote:yes

Police waste would be far more likely but I'm going with both and answered with the mathematician's answer
Kitchen has food

The Archregimancy wrote:

Ashkera
Minister

Founded: May 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ashkera » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:44 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Haktiva wrote:alrighty then, Fred Fredburger

Couldn't be racial profiling. Nope, it was because she had a pathological hatred of men obviously.

Actually, part of the fear of black men is because they're stereotyped as more masculine than other men. Many of the problems men have compared to women (such as longer prison sentences, or being more likely to be thought of as guilty or aggressors) are problems that black men have more of compared to white men.

I should probably put some snark in at the end here, but I can't think of any good ones, so you'll have to think of your own.
第五大黒森帝国
Practice. Virtue. Harmony. Prosperity.

A secretive Dominant-Party Technocracy located in the southwest of the Pacific Ocean
Factbook: The Fifth Empire of Ashkera [2018/2030] (updated 18.04.29) / Questions
Roaming squads of state-sponsored body-builders teach nerds to lift. "Fifth generation" cruise ships come equipped with naval reactors. Insurance inspectors are more feared than tax auditors. Turbine-powered "super interceptor" police cruisers patrol high-speed highways.

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 14, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ostroeuropa » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:47 am

"The only time anyone ever tells a guy to be a man, is when they are trying to convince him to do something that is not in his best interest."

Quote of the year there in the MRM reddit.

That ones from the thread where a guy is scared to report that he was raped because he threw some punches to try and stop it, by the way.
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

Haktiva
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Haktiva » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:03 am

Ostroeuropa wrote:"The only time anyone ever tells a guy to be a man, is when they are trying to convince him to do something that is not in his best interest."

That ones from the thread where a guy is scared to report that he was raped because he threw some punches to try and stop it, by the way.

Good find with that one. It's sad but true, a lot of guys are pretty vulnerable to being shamed, especially if they're used to being proud all the time. They're the kind of guys that don't know how to handle failure, not in that regard anyways.

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:06 am

Haktiva wrote:
Ostroeuropa wrote:"The only time anyone ever tells a guy to be a man, is when they are trying to convince him to do something that is not in his best interest."

Good find with that one. It's sad but true, a lot of guys are pretty vulnerable to being shamed, especially if they're used to being proud all the time. They're the kind of guys that don't know how to handle failure, not in that regard anyways.

It's also worth noting that these types of guys are usually living their lives according to someone elses interests. There's plenty of serfs proud of their pious toil and such.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

May Mays
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby May Mays » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:07 am

Haktiva wrote:

I would say that choosing not to report rape is quite emasculating.
It's just me against the world.

RIP ZYZZ
Husseinarti wrote:yeah fun is shitty and gay

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:09 am

May Mays wrote:
Haktiva wrote:Good find with that one. It's sad but true, a lot of guys are pretty vulnerable to being shamed, especially if they're used to being proud all the time. They're the kind of guys that don't know how to handle failure, not in that regard anyways.

I would say that choosing not to report rape is quite emasculating.

I don't really believe in emasculation as a concept. It might be shaming, give a sense of weakness, etc. I understand men might think they are emasculated, but that's voodoo bullshit. As soon as a man learns to decouple his sense of masculinity from other peoples validation, it doesn't work anymore. But those are separate concepts. In addition, it's worth noting that he seems primarily concerned with the practical effects of reporting the incident, and seems worried he'll be charged an she wont.
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ostro.MOV

Vylenograd
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vylenograd » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:10 am

"Recognition of male victims of rape"
Man the hell up and deal with it. If you're a MAN and not some effeminate gayboi wearing a skirt then you have no reason or right to complain about rape.
That's not to say I don't agree with recognizing the other subjects listed.

May Mays
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby May Mays » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:11 am

Vylenograd wrote:"Recognition of male victims of rape"
Man the hell up and deal with it. If you're a MAN and not some effeminate gayboi wearing a skirt then you have no reason or right to complain about rape.

And you're going to be cursed by gainz goblinz his whole life.
Last edited by May Mays on Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's just me against the world.

RIP ZYZZ
Husseinarti wrote:yeah fun is shitty and gay

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:12 am

I'll bite, just because.

You don't think going through the judicial process and ensuring justice is done is a part of "dealing" with it?
That attempting to ensure your rapist doesn't victimize anybody else is "dealing" with it?
That not hiding from what happened and admitting it frankly and openly is "dealing" with it?

On what basis do you think they have no reason or right to complain?
Ostro.MOV

Haktiva
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Haktiva » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:15 am

Ostroeuropa wrote:
Haktiva wrote:Good find with that one. It's sad but true, a lot of guys are pretty vulnerable to being shamed, especially if they're used to being proud all the time. They're the kind of guys that don't know how to handle failure, not in that regard anyways.

It's also worth noting that these types of guys are usually living their lives according to someone elses interests. There's plenty of serfs proud of their pious toil and such.

it doesn't seem terribly hard to make men do what you want when you tap into their sense of purpose.

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:37 am

Haktiva wrote:
Ostroeuropa wrote:

it doesn't seem terribly hard to make men do what you want when you tap into their sense of purpose.

Well it's how they're raised constantly.
Ostro.MOV

Kelinfort
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kelinfort » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:40 am

I'm going out on a limb here and gonna say you're a man who hasn't been raped.

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:49 am

Kelinfort wrote:

I'm going out on a limb here and gonna say you're a man who hasn't been raped.

You'd be surprised. Externalizing an internal conflict is pretty common. We've seen a lot of it on the reddit.

It's the good old "GAYS ARE SINNERS WHO WANT EVERYONE TO GIVE IN TO THEIR GAY IMPULSES!"
"...What gay impulses?"

Shit.

Here, its more "I'm a bigger man for not saying anything. It's all i've got."

Chances are low, but yeh.
Ostro.MOV

Reploid Productions
Director of Moderation

Founded: Antiquity
Democratic Socialists

Postby Reploid Productions » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:29 pm

*** Vylenograd, DEAT and 2-week ban for flaming/trolling. ***

~Evil Forum Empress Rep Prod the Ninja Mod
~She who wields the Banhammer; master of the mighty moderation no-dachi Kiritateru Teikoku
Forum mod since May 8, 2003 -- Game mod since May 19, 2003 -- Nation turned 20 on March 23, 2023!
Sunset's DoGA FAQ - For those using DoGA to make their NS military and such.
One Stop Rules Shop -- Reppy's Sig Workshop -- Getting Help Page
[violet] wrote:Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.
Char Aznable/Giant Meteor 2024! - Forcing humanity to move into space and progress whether we goddamn want to or not!

Val Halla
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:31 pm

Ostroeuropa wrote:
Kelinfort wrote:I'm going out on a limb here and gonna say you're a man who hasn't been raped.

You'd be surprised. Externalizing an internal conflict is pretty common. We've seen a lot of it on the reddit.

It's the good old "GAYS ARE SINNERS WHO WANT EVERYONE TO GIVE IN TO THEIR GAY IMPULSES!"
"...What gay impulses?"

Shit.

Also, transphobia. Really manly.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN

She/her

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:32 pm

Thankyou Reploid.
(And Luna! I see you there, being invisible now.)

Val Halla wrote:
Ostroeuropa wrote:

"...What gay impulses?"

Shit.

Also, transphobia. Really manly.

Yeh.
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ostro.MOV

Qanchia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Qanchia » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:35 pm

Alyakia wrote:there are obvious problems (like male victims of domestic abuse/rape) in which men get screwed but i'm still not convinced there needs to be an entirely separate movement to address them and am skeptical of most organized attempts to create one because they tend to attract the "the best way to fight rape is to legalize it crowd". while people complain feminists don't care about men or speak out against extremists i haven't seen many "men's rights activists" denounce the extremists in their movements either. admittedly i don't pay much attention to the related threads so maybe you will have something to show me on that front?

You're not convinced there needs to be an entire separate movement to help male victims of domestic abuse/rape? Do you hold the same beliefs about female victims of domestic abuse/rape, or is it only the male victims' that are not important enough to warrant their own movement?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General