NATION

PASSWORD

2018-19 Hockey Megathread: Congrats, Caps!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Remove ads

Who is your pick to win the Stanley Cup?

Vegas Golden Knights
12
48%
Washington Capitals
13
52%
 
Total votes : 25

User avatar
Impaled Nazarene
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5763
Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:35 pm

United City States of Oceania wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Have all the Canadian teams been launched into the Great Lakes yet or are the ropes made from Joe Thorton and Brent Burns' beard hair not holding up to the requirements of the trebuchet?

Winnipeg will win the Cup next year, just you watch

Who the fuck is Winnipeg? They haven't had a team since 96.
Non-binary Aromantic Asexual Asperger's Syndrome
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

User avatar
Camicon
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14338
Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Camicon » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:59 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
United City States of Oceania wrote:Winnipeg will win the Cup next year, just you watch

Who the fuck is Winnipeg? They haven't had a team since 96.

Fuck off with that bullshit bait.
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

User avatar
Tarsonis
Minister
 
Posts: 2552
Founded: Sep 20, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tarsonis » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:03 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
United City States of Oceania wrote:Winnipeg will win the Cup next year, just you watch

Who the fuck is Winnipeg? They haven't had a team since 96.
Camicon wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Who the fuck is Winnipeg? They haven't had a team since 96.

Fuck off with that bullshit bait.
:rofl: :rofl:


I love this
Proud NS Keyboard Warrior since 2005. M.A.R. Yale Divinity School ‘18.
Ecclesiastes 1:18 "For in much wisdom is much vexation, and those who increase knowledge increase sorrow"
Galatians 6:7 " Do not be deceived; God is not mocked, for you reap whatever you sow."
1 Corinthians 5:12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside?
T. Stevens: "I don't hold with equality in all things, but I believe in equality under the Law."
James I of Aragon "Have you ever considered that our position is Idolatry to the Rabbi?"
Debating Christian Theology with Non-Christians pretty much anybody be like

User avatar
United City States of Oceania
Minister
 
Posts: 2823
Founded: Jan 04, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby United City States of Oceania » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:12 am

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
United City States of Oceania wrote:Winnipeg will win the Cup next year, just you watch

Who the fuck is Winnipeg? They haven't had a team since 96.

Just stop.
Main Nation Ministry wrote:
Dentali wrote:
What is this? Captain America: Civil War?


No that had attractive people

This is the realistic version of that movie, then.


Uttland wrote:Why are the Reeds speaking Baguette? Don’t they know that in America we don’t tolerate Muslim languages like Baguette?


Liriena wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:Would you give your kid to the Donald? Why or why not?

I wouldn't give him a f**king cockroach to look after. He'd probably nominate it for SCOTUS.

User avatar
Tarsonis
Minister
 
Posts: 2552
Founded: Sep 20, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tarsonis » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:08 pm

Looks like Barry decided to go out on top.
Proud NS Keyboard Warrior since 2005. M.A.R. Yale Divinity School ‘18.
Ecclesiastes 1:18 "For in much wisdom is much vexation, and those who increase knowledge increase sorrow"
Galatians 6:7 " Do not be deceived; God is not mocked, for you reap whatever you sow."
1 Corinthians 5:12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside?
T. Stevens: "I don't hold with equality in all things, but I believe in equality under the Law."
James I of Aragon "Have you ever considered that our position is Idolatry to the Rabbi?"
Debating Christian Theology with Non-Christians pretty much anybody be like

User avatar
Impaled Nazarene
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5763
Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:12 pm

Tarsonis wrote:Looks like Barry decided to go out on top.

If hockey lifespan for all time greats didn't seem to stretch to the 40s i'd half expect Ovi to retire.
Non-binary Aromantic Asexual Asperger's Syndrome
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

User avatar
Union of Socialist Alpine Republics
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 477
Founded: Dec 23, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Union of Socialist Alpine Republics » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:09 pm

Well the draft is coming soon and I made a 62 picks mock draft which has been shared in "le grand club de RDS". RDS is like TSN's sister station and they has a "grand club" where hockey fans can blog about hockey. So I've posted my mock draft over there. Here's the top 10:

1. Buffalo Sabres - Rasmus Dahlin - D - Frölunda HC
2. Carolina Hurricanes - Andrei Svechnikov – AD – Barrie Colts
3. Montréal Canadiens - Filip Zadina – AD – Halifax Mooseheads
4. Ottawa Senators - Oliver Wahlstrom – AD/C – USA U18
5. Arizona Coyotes - Quinn Hughes – D – Michigan Wolverines
6. Detroit Red Wings - Adam Boqvist – D – Brynas IF
7. Vancouver Canucks - Brady Tkachuk – AG/C – Boston University Terriers
8. Chicago BlackHawks - Jesperi Kotkaniemi – C/AG – Porin Ässät
9. New York Rangers - Evan Bouchard – D – London Knights
10. Edmonton Oilers - Noah Dobson – D – Titan d’Acadie-Bathurst

The rest of my 62 picks (two rounds) mock draft can be viewed here: https://www.rds.ca/grand-club/billet/le ... -1.6151845

Please note that I've translated team names in French and comments are also in French. :D
Ranks:
Hockey: 15th | American Football: 8th | Baseball: 10th | Association Football: 59th | Rugby Union: 23rd

Champions: World Bowl XXXII
Runner Up:
3rd Place:
4th Place: WJHC 12, Independents Cup 4

User avatar
Gim
Post Czar
 
Posts: 30366
Founded: Jul 29, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Gim » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:56 am

Union of Socialist Alpine Republics wrote:Well the draft is coming soon and I made a 62 picks mock draft which has been shared in "le grand club de RDS". RDS is like TSN's sister station and they has a "grand club" where hockey fans can blog about hockey. So I've posted my mock draft over there. Here's the top 10:

1. Buffalo Sabres - Rasmus Dahlin - D - Frölunda HC
2. Carolina Hurricanes - Andrei Svechnikov – AD – Barrie Colts
3. Montréal Canadiens - Filip Zadina – AD – Halifax Mooseheads
4. Ottawa Senators - Oliver Wahlstrom – AD/C – USA U18
5. Arizona Coyotes - Quinn Hughes – D – Michigan Wolverines
6. Detroit Red Wings - Adam Boqvist – D – Brynas IF
7. Vancouver Canucks - Brady Tkachuk – AG/C – Boston University Terriers
8. Chicago BlackHawks - Jesperi Kotkaniemi – C/AG – Porin Ässät
9. New York Rangers - Evan Bouchard – D – London Knights
10. Edmonton Oilers - Noah Dobson – D – Titan d’Acadie-Bathurst

The rest of my 62 picks (two rounds) mock draft can be viewed here: https://www.rds.ca/grand-club/billet/le ... -1.6151845

Please note that I've translated team names in French and comments are also in French. :D


I don't know if Zadina is going to stay at 3rd OA place.
All You Need to Know about Gim
Male, 17, Protestant Christian

User avatar
United City States of Oceania
Minister
 
Posts: 2823
Founded: Jan 04, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby United City States of Oceania » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:27 pm

Union of Socialist Alpine Republics wrote:Well the draft is coming soon and I made a 62 picks mock draft which has been shared in "le grand club de RDS". RDS is like TSN's sister station and they has a "grand club" where hockey fans can blog about hockey. So I've posted my mock draft over there. Here's the top 10:

1. Buffalo Sabres - Rasmus Dahlin - D - Frölunda HC
2. Carolina Hurricanes - Andrei Svechnikov – AD – Barrie Colts
3. Montréal Canadiens - Filip Zadina – AD – Halifax Mooseheads
4. Ottawa Senators - Oliver Wahlstrom – AD/C – USA U18
5. Arizona Coyotes - Quinn Hughes – D – Michigan Wolverines
6. Detroit Red Wings - Adam Boqvist – D – Brynas IF
7. Vancouver Canucks - Brady Tkachuk – AG/C – Boston University Terriers
8. Chicago BlackHawks - Jesperi Kotkaniemi – C/AG – Porin Ässät
9. New York Rangers - Evan Bouchard – D – London Knights
10. Edmonton Oilers - Noah Dobson – D – Titan d’Acadie-Bathurst

The rest of my 62 picks (two rounds) mock draft can be viewed here: https://www.rds.ca/grand-club/billet/le ... -1.6151845

Please note that I've translated team names in French and comments are also in French. :D

I don't see Tkachuk being taken 7th. I personally think that he will go 4th or 5th.
Main Nation Ministry wrote:
Dentali wrote:
What is this? Captain America: Civil War?


No that had attractive people

This is the realistic version of that movie, then.


Uttland wrote:Why are the Reeds speaking Baguette? Don’t they know that in America we don’t tolerate Muslim languages like Baguette?


Liriena wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:Would you give your kid to the Donald? Why or why not?

I wouldn't give him a f**king cockroach to look after. He'd probably nominate it for SCOTUS.

User avatar
Impaled Nazarene
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5763
Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:03 pm

Buffalo could draft Gretzky and Hull and still not make the playoffs. That team is a shit show. They have less dignity than the Habs which is saying something.
Non-binary Aromantic Asexual Asperger's Syndrome
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

User avatar
New Raffica
Envoy
 
Posts: 208
Founded: Nov 15, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Raffica » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:33 pm

I'm glad the Canucks' got Hughes, you could tell Benning was pretty excited about it
Proud member of Icarus
no one cares about your views

User avatar
United Kingdom of Poland
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6548
Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby United Kingdom of Poland » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:19 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:Buffalo could draft Gretzky and Hull and still not make the playoffs. That team is a shit show. They have less dignity than the Habs which is saying something.

what did they do now

User avatar
Impaled Nazarene
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5763
Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:38 pm

United Kingdom of Poland wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Buffalo could draft Gretzky and Hull and still not make the playoffs. That team is a shit show. They have less dignity than the Habs which is saying something.

what did they do now

They exist. Well to be fair their doom is spelled with 6 letters: P e g u l a
Non-binary Aromantic Asexual Asperger's Syndrome
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

User avatar
United Kingdom of Poland
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6548
Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby United Kingdom of Poland » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:47 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
United Kingdom of Poland wrote:what did they do now

They exist. Well to be fair their doom is spelled with 6 letters: P e g u l a

I'd say they have more of at to exist than that money pit that bettman still thinks is a viable market known as the Arizona Coyotes.

User avatar
The Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6940
Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:23 am

First 2 picks did not surprise me. Dahlin and Svechnikov were that good.

TORONRO GETTING SANDIN. WOW.

Also, wtf were Ottawa and Montreal thinking? Montreal not getting a very skilled forward in Zadina will probably lead to another issues with Habs not being able to score. As for Ottawa, Tkachuk's a good forward, a top 6-8 range pick but 4th overall? Gotta be kidding me.
Retired from NSWC. Possibly available for NSCF / WB / WCoH but cannot be guaranteed.

Happy 420 Friends!

User avatar
Shofercia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26537
Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Shofercia » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:46 am

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
United Kingdom of Poland wrote:what did they do now

They exist. Well to be fair their doom is spelled with 6 letters: P e g u l a


To be fair, the Sabres don't have the worst owner: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmz4lQu-vLg
Ukraine - stop bombing innocent people! Pricks who burn other people alive should be punished.
The Roma are Human Beings, just like you and me.
WADA/IPC/IOC are begging Russia to form a strategic alliance with China. Perhaps it's time.
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.

(North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia! DonBass is De Facto Independent! Stand with NovoRossiya!
Tecumseh was a Real American
If you want to be act like a spoiler, remember:
The East Marches II wrote:It would be best to keep the fight over something meaningless rather than meaningful.

User avatar
United Kingdom of Poland
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6548
Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby United Kingdom of Poland » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:48 am

Shofercia wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:They exist. Well to be fair their doom is spelled with 6 letters: P e g u l a


To be fair, the Sabres don't have the worst owner: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmz4lQu-vLg

Honestly Tim Murray was the bigger problem for the sabres, as well as falling for the Eichel trap.

User avatar
Impaled Nazarene
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5763
Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:16 am

Shofercia wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:They exist. Well to be fair their doom is spelled with 6 letters: P e g u l a


To be fair, the Sabres don't have the worst owner: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmz4lQu-vLg

That's not fair. All Canadian teams barring the Leafs have shitty owners and management. That or the Leafs are just really good at spiting your typical Canadian ownership incompetence.
Non-binary Aromantic Asexual Asperger's Syndrome
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

User avatar
United Kingdom of Poland
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6548
Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby United Kingdom of Poland » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:05 am

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Shofercia wrote:
To be fair, the Sabres don't have the worst owner: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmz4lQu-vLg

That's not fair. All Canadian teams barring the Leafs have shitty owners and management. That or the Leafs are just really good at spiting your typical Canadian ownership incompetence.

Their just in a weak division that gift wraps them a playoff spot.

User avatar
United Kingdom of Poland
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6548
Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby United Kingdom of Poland » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:36 pm

So apparently the draft had a deal on swedish defenseman... because we ended up with three. Also apparently the plan this offseason is to run Lehner out of town, can't say I'll miss him.

User avatar
Impaled Nazarene
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5763
Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:52 pm

Really Pittsburgh? You have some of the strongest center play in the history of Hockey and you draft 3 OF THEM WHEN YOUR WINGS SHAT THEMSELVES AND THE DEFENSE JUST DIDN'T GIVE A SHIT? Fucking hell you deserve to become the new Anaheim Ducks.
Non-binary Aromantic Asexual Asperger's Syndrome
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

User avatar
Shofercia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26537
Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Shofercia » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:20 pm

Kings sign Kovalchuk: http://www.latimes.com/sports/kings/la- ... story.html

...needing a finisher following a first-round exit, the Kings agreed to terms Saturday with the 35-year-old Kovalchuk on a three-year contract worth $18.75 million. The $6.25 million annual payout... The Kings cannot sign Kovalchuk until free agency begins July 1. But securing him sets off a chain reaction on the market and represents a bold move by the Kings in beating out reported suitors the San Jose Sharks and Boston Bruins... having won the Kontinental Hockey League’s scoring title for St. Petersburg last season, and claiming most valuable player of the 2018 Winter Olympics, which did not include NHL players... Kovalchuk is not known as a defensive player, which runs in heavy contrast to the Kings’ philosophy of two-way play. But his hands and shot mentality, alongside Kopitar and Jeff Carter, warrant the risk.


Fuck yeah! I should add that Kovalchuk is very motivated to play, as the only major title that's missing from his resume is the Stanley Cup. His other titles:

Gagarin Cup Winner, 2015 & 2017
Olympic Champion, 2018
World Championship Gold Medalist, 2008 & 2009
Euro Hockey Tour Winner, 2017

There's only one thing missing, and he wants it, badly. Did I mention that winning that also gets him into the Triple Gold Club?
Ukraine - stop bombing innocent people! Pricks who burn other people alive should be punished.
The Roma are Human Beings, just like you and me.
WADA/IPC/IOC are begging Russia to form a strategic alliance with China. Perhaps it's time.
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.

(North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia! DonBass is De Facto Independent! Stand with NovoRossiya!
Tecumseh was a Real American
If you want to be act like a spoiler, remember:
The East Marches II wrote:It would be best to keep the fight over something meaningless rather than meaningful.

User avatar
Camicon
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14338
Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Camicon » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:26 pm

Shofercia wrote:Kings sign Kovalchuk: http://www.latimes.com/sports/kings/la- ... story.html

...needing a finisher following a first-round exit, the Kings agreed to terms Saturday with the 35-year-old Kovalchuk on a three-year contract worth $18.75 million. The $6.25 million annual payout... The Kings cannot sign Kovalchuk until free agency begins July 1. But securing him sets off a chain reaction on the market and represents a bold move by the Kings in beating out reported suitors the San Jose Sharks and Boston Bruins... having won the Kontinental Hockey League’s scoring title for St. Petersburg last season, and claiming most valuable player of the 2018 Winter Olympics, which did not include NHL players... Kovalchuk is not known as a defensive player, which runs in heavy contrast to the Kings’ philosophy of two-way play. But his hands and shot mentality, alongside Kopitar and Jeff Carter, warrant the risk.


Fuck yeah! I should add that Kovalchuk is very motivated to play, as the only major title that's missing from his resume is the Stanley Cup. His other titles:

Gagarin Cup Winner, 2015 & 2017
Olympic Champion, 2018
World Championship Gold Medalist, 2008 & 2009
Euro Hockey Tour Winner, 2017

There's only one thing missing, and he wants it, badly. Did I mention that winning that also gets him into the Triple Gold Club?

I think this is a contract the Kings will regret. Kovalchuk hasn't played in the NHL for years, he's older, and the game is younger and faster than ever.
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

User avatar
Shofercia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26537
Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Shofercia » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:16 am

Camicon wrote:
Shofercia wrote:Kings sign Kovalchuk: http://www.latimes.com/sports/kings/la- ... story.html



Fuck yeah! I should add that Kovalchuk is very motivated to play, as the only major title that's missing from his resume is the Stanley Cup. His other titles:

Gagarin Cup Winner, 2015 & 2017
Olympic Champion, 2018
World Championship Gold Medalist, 2008 & 2009
Euro Hockey Tour Winner, 2017

There's only one thing missing, and he wants it, badly. Did I mention that winning that also gets him into the Triple Gold Club?

I think this is a contract the Kings will regret. Kovalchuk hasn't played in the NHL for years, he's older, and the game is younger and faster than ever.


True, but he's a proven goal scorer, who's found a way to score from any position, and to top it off, he's a powerplay specialist. Also, he's only getting $6.25 million, rather than the $10 million he was offered to play for a non-contending team. He can also play 4 on 4, and 4 on 3, just ask Canada :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foiE5l4j6ug (7 mins into it)
Last edited by Shofercia on Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ukraine - stop bombing innocent people! Pricks who burn other people alive should be punished.
The Roma are Human Beings, just like you and me.
WADA/IPC/IOC are begging Russia to form a strategic alliance with China. Perhaps it's time.
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.

(North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia! DonBass is De Facto Independent! Stand with NovoRossiya!
Tecumseh was a Real American
If you want to be act like a spoiler, remember:
The East Marches II wrote:It would be best to keep the fight over something meaningless rather than meaningful.

User avatar
Camicon
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14338
Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Camicon » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:54 pm

Shofercia wrote:
Camicon wrote:I think this is a contract the Kings will regret. Kovalchuk hasn't played in the NHL for years, he's older, and the game is younger and faster than ever.


True, but he's a proven goal scorer, who's found a way to score from any position, and to top it off, he's a powerplay specialist. Also, he's only getting $6.25 million, rather than the $10 million he was offered to play for a non-contending team. He can also play 4 on 4, and 4 on 3, just ask Canada :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foiE5l4j6ug (7 mins into it)

Your dig might actually mean something if it wasn't referencing something from a decade ago.

Whatever Kovalchuk has done in the past, he's not that player anymore. And with so much time spent away from the NHL, I'm not sure anybody really knows what kind of player he'll be once he comes back.
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

PreviousNext

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aellex, Connori Pilgrims, Fahran, Freezic Vast, Frievolk, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Great Confederacy Of Commonwealth States, Greater vakolicci haven, Heloin, Hurdergaryp, Ifreann, Maineiacs, Nanatsu no Tsuki, NeuPolska, New Machnovia, Petrasylvania, Saiwania, The blAAtschApen, The Greater Low Countries, The Huskar Social Union, Thermodolia, Trumptonium1, Vassenor, Zurkerx

Remove ads