NATION

PASSWORD

Debate Teams?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Buffett and Colbert
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 05, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Buffett and Colbert » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:00 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:Everyone develops their own habits in these sorts of clubs. I, for example, seem to pinch the thumb and forefinger of my right hand and move it all over the place whilst, pacing the room. Hey, I know people who've hit themselves when their hands were flinging around too much...

I try to keep my hands about seven inches away from my face at all times, and above my collarbone. When I become particularly involved in a point, my hands go higher, rather than closer to my face. I also avoid eye contact, as it makes me nervous.

I seem to have a subconscious problem with eye contact or something of the sort. I sometimes look down when I debate. I wasn't aware of this until my team's moderator told me that.
If the knowledge isn't useful, you haven't found the lesson yet. ~Iniika
You-Gi-Owe wrote:If someone were to ask me about your online persona as a standard of your "date-ability", I'd rate you as "worth investigating further & passionate about beliefs". But, enough of the idle speculation on why you didn't score with the opposite gender.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:Clever, but your Jedi mind tricks don't work on me.

His Jedi mind tricks are insignificant compared to the power of Buffy's sex appeal.
Keronians wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:My law class took my virginity. And it was 100% consensual.

I accuse your precious law class of statutory rape.

Buffett and Colbert
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Buffett and Colbert » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:01 pm

Sir Ljoy wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:
Sir Ljoy wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:Well, I had gotten to thinking, "Is there anybody on NSG that debates or debated on a team/club/whatever?" Well NSG, how many of you are on a debate team or something of the sort? How many of you were on one? If you are/were on on, could you share your experiences/tips and tricks? Any epic wins/fails you remember?

Also, in a couple of weeks, my Model United Nations team and I are going to DC to take part in the NAIMUN (North American Invitational Model United Nations) conference. Have any of you gone to such conferences? And out of curiosity... is there anyone going to NAIMUN? o.0

Oooh! Oooh! I'm going to NAIMUN XLVII, what committee are you in?

Vete pa' carajo. :p

Tu sabes que yo te amo.

Si pero no tienes que ser un pendejo. lol
You-Gi-Owe wrote:If someone were to ask me about your online persona as a standard of your "date-ability", I'd rate you as "worth investigating further & passionate about beliefs". But, enough of the idle speculation on why you didn't score with the opposite gender.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

His Jedi mind tricks are insignificant compared to the power of Buffy's sex appeal.
Keronians wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:My law class took my virginity. And it was 100% consensual.

Buffett and Colbert
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Buffett and Colbert » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:01 pm

The High Lizzleness wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:Everyone develops their own habits in these sorts of clubs. I, for example, seem to pinch the thumb and forefinger of my right hand and move it all over the place whilst, pacing the room. Hey, I know people who've hit themselves when their hands were flinging around too much...

Since I'm usually sitting in a chair, I try to look as nonchalant and calm as I can. The prosecution always tries to get a rise out of me, but it isn't happening. I try to use hand motions when I can, but most important is looking calm.

I'm not sure how things go in court proceedings because in MUN, you ALWAYS stand when you speak, even if you don't move around.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Keronians wrote:

Sir Ljoy
Secretary

Founded: Oct 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Sir Ljoy » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:02 pm

SD_Film Artists wrote:And on a wider note; what actualy happens at a debate club? Is there a 'winner' or do you just agree to disagree failing a conclusive position?
Both happens in Model UN over here in Puerto Rico. I've gone to a conference where my committee was a G20 simulation with some non-G20 countries such as Iran, my delegation. There were over 30 delegations in the room and the G20 countries decided that those who weren't in the G20 could not vote at all. It ended up in no resolution passing, most of the time a resolution passes to my experience.

The High Lizzleness
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The High Lizzleness » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:04 pm

The High Lizzleness wrote:

Since I'm usually sitting in a chair, I try to look as nonchalant and calm as I can. The prosecution always tries to get a rise out of me, but it isn't happening. I try to use hand motions when I can, but most important is looking calm.

I'm not sure how things go in court proceedings because in MUN, you ALWAYS stand when you speak, even if you don't move around.

I'm a witness, and for the past two years the defendant, so I don't get to stand up, but even walking over to the chair I try to exude confidence and collectivity. Of course, this year I also have to look stupid as part of my defense, but oh well.
Economic Left/Right: -7.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.05

Sir Ljoy
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Sir Ljoy » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:04 pm

Sir Ljoy wrote:
Sir Ljoy wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:Well, I had gotten to thinking, "Is there anybody on NSG that debates or debated on a team/club/whatever?" Well NSG, how many of you are on a debate team or something of the sort? How many of you were on one? If you are/were on on, could you share your experiences/tips and tricks? Any epic wins/fails you remember?

Also, in a couple of weeks, my Model United Nations team and I are going to DC to take part in the NAIMUN (North American Invitational Model United Nations) conference. Have any of you gone to such conferences? And out of curiosity... is there anyone going to NAIMUN? o.0

Tu sabes que yo te amo.

Como usted propone en enseñar como estoy siendo un pendejo aquí solo por decir que yo también voy pa NAIMUN?

Buffett and Colbert
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Buffett and Colbert » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:06 pm

Sir Ljoy wrote:
Sir Ljoy wrote:
Sir Ljoy wrote:

Tu sabes que yo te amo.

Como usted propone en enseñar como estoy siendo un pendejo aquí solo por decir que yo también voy pa NAIMUN?

Por que yo te conozco y para decir que eres un pendejo es mi obligación como amigo.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Keronians wrote:

Sir Ljoy
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Sir Ljoy » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:10 pm

Sir Ljoy wrote:
Sir Ljoy wrote:
Sir Ljoy wrote:

Tu sabes que yo te amo.

Por que yo te conozco y para decir que eres un pendejo es mi obligación como amigo.

A si son los amigos eh? Pues estamos, toma-palo.

Buffett and Colbert
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Buffett and Colbert » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:10 pm

Sir Ljoy wrote:
Sir Ljoy wrote:
Sir Ljoy wrote:
Sir Ljoy wrote:

Tu sabes que yo te amo.

A si son los amigos eh? Pues estamos, toma-palo.

:hug:

Ok, English now. :lol:

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Keronians wrote:

Christmahanikwanzikah
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Christmahanikwanzikah » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:11 pm

I was on one for (technically) 3 years in high school. Most of what I did was Student Congress and Impromptu speaking, although I had a hand at Parliamentary and failed hard.

What made the whole thing great was everyone there when I first started was laid back and easy to talk to. There were douchebags, yeah, but things were way too relaxed for them to actually be too noticeable. My first year there was great... and after that, things fell apart. My second year, I tried to kick things up a notch (whambamthankyouma'am) but ended up "taking the piss" on all things school, which excited my parents so much they wanted me to stay with them more often. My third year was a rehash of the first, and by the last year on campus, there were sophomorish assholes rising through the ranks that only gave a flying fuck about themselves, and the teacher leading the charade became so focused on winning he kicked out people that didn't attend enough tournaments.

First year was a blast, though...

Wallonochia
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 21, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Wallonochia » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:18 pm

I was never on the debate team in high school, but several of my friends were. One year the school wasn't going to be able to afford to send them to more than one meet so they decided to troll their opposition. The topic was something along the lines of "Should US foreign policy towards Russia remain as it is or should a more friendly position be adtoped" (this was in 1998 or so for reference) and they were assigned the "remain as it is" side. The argument they made was that since Russia was in fact a village in Ohio the US should have no foreign policy towards it whatsoever. The judges thought it was kinda funny but the other team were pissed and got even more pissed because my friends refused to break character and acknowledge that they weren't being serious.

Sir Ljoy
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Sir Ljoy » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:23 pm

Wallonochia wrote:I was never on the debate team in high school, but several of my friends were. One year the school wasn't going to be able to afford to send them to more than one meet so they decided to troll their opposition. The topic was something along the lines of "Should US foreign policy towards Russia remain as it is or should a more friendly position be adtoped" (this was in 1998 or so for reference) and they were assigned the "remain as it is" side. The argument they made was that since Russia was in fact a village in Ohio the US should have no foreign policy towards it whatsoever. The judges thought it was kinda funny but the other team were pissed and got even more pissed because my friends refused to break character and acknowledge that they weren't being serious.

Jajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajaja Dude, that is one smart friend. Clever, clever move.

Buffett and Colbert
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Buffett and Colbert » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:25 pm

Wallonochia wrote:I was never on the debate team in high school, but several of my friends were. One year the school wasn't going to be able to afford to send them to more than one meet so they decided to troll their opposition. The topic was something along the lines of "Should US foreign policy towards Russia remain as it is or should a more friendly position be adtoped" (this was in 1998 or so for reference) and they were assigned the "remain as it is" side. The argument they made was that since Russia was in fact a village in Ohio the US should have no foreign policy towards it whatsoever. The judges thought it was kinda funny but the other team were pissed and got even more pissed because my friends refused to break character and acknowledge that they weren't being serious.

:lol2:

That reminds me of one committee where the chair was being a bitch and would scan the room, rest her eyes on me, and then proceed to pick someone else to speak (I'm not being paranoid, my friends asked if I had noticed that when I didn't even mention it to them). So I wasn't being able to speak at all. I was representing Saudi Arabia in a committee about settling ethnic/religious violence in Nigeria (yeah, I know :lol: ). So I just thought, "fuck it" and decided to have some fun with the committee. When it came to resolution time, I got together with Iran, Boko Haram (an Islamic fundamentalist terrorist group) and some other Muslim countries to make Resolution 1.Sharia. The text is as follows:

General Assembly
Resolution 1.Sharia
Sponsors: Boko Haram, Iran
Signatories: Algeria, Saudi Arabia, Mali, Turkey, Belgium, Peru, Venezuela, Namibia, Chile, Uruguay, Azerbaijan
For those who don't know, signatories are just nations willing to see the resolution debated. They don't by any means have to agree with what's in it.
Topic: “Nigeria: Muslims vs. Christians”

The General Assembly,

Observing the grave issue of ethnic and religious violence and the corruption of the current government,
Stressing the importance of Islam and the role it plays in the lives of individuals who practice the faith,
Recognizing the Christian minority when compared to the Muslim majority,
Reminding the General Assembly that the only possible outcomes, given Boko Haram’s refusal to co-operate, are giving in to their demands or enter a full-out jihad,
Guided by the light, knowledge, and strength of Allah,
1. Recommends that Nigeria alter its constitution to implement the Sharia law;
a. Islam will become the official religion,
b. In the period of religious transition of 30 years, ethnic groups and Christians will be allowed to practice their religion,
i. After 30 years, all non-Islamic citizens would have to declare their allegiance to Islam, Mohammed, and Allah,
ii. All citizens who do not declare their allegiance will be sent to SPA (Spiritual Promotion of Allah) camps,
c. The legal system will be binary during the period of these 30 years of religious transition, where there will be both a federal court and a Sharia court,
2. Requests the application of a religiously backed educational system which will focus on the humanities and the vocational skills required for the various edifices which will run Nigeria’s economy;
3. Encourages the OPEC to reconsider its petroleum production policy in Nigeria;
a. The policy should shift from one which favors the international corporations to the government of Nigeria,
i. This can be established by limiting the amount of oil sites foreign corporations can establish and control in Nigeria,
ii. The foreign corporations would have to deal with the Nigerian government as a mediator between the Nigerian companies and the foreign ones
b. These policies will favor the Nigerian nation as a whole, and will produce more income for Nigeria,
4. Calls Upon the nations and organizations of the world to support these causes to move towards peace by funding any operation which will aid the transition to an Islamic Nigeria;
5. Further Reminds the General Assembly that these are just suggestions and are open to amendments.

We were about to put an "ethnic abuse hotline" in it. The number would be 1-666-BIN-LADEN. Sadly, we didn't. :lol2:
Last edited by Buffett and Colbert on Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Keronians wrote:

Sir Ljoy
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Sir Ljoy » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:31 pm

That reminds me of one committee where the chair was being a bitch and would scan the room, rest her eyes on me, and then proceed to pick someone else to speak (I'm not being paranoid, my friends asked if I had noticed that when I didn't even mention it to them). So I wasn't being able to speak at all. I was representing Saudi Arabia in a committee about settling ethnic/religious violence in Nigeria (yeah, I know :lol: ). So I just thought, "fuck it" and decided to have some fun with the committee. When it came to resolution time, I got together with Iran, Boko Haram (an Islamic fundamentalist terrorist group) and some other Muslim countries to make Resolution 1.Sharia. The text is as follows:

General Assembly
Resolution 1.Sharia
Signatories: Algeria, Saudi Arabia, Mali, Turkey, Belgium, Peru, Venezuela, Namibia, Chile, Uruguay, Azerbaijan
For those who don't know, signatories are just nations willing to see the resolution debated. They don't by any means have to agree with what's in it.

The General Assembly,

Observing the grave issue of ethnic and religious violence and the corruption of the current government,
Stressing the importance of Islam and the role it plays in the lives of individuals who practice the faith,
Reminding the General Assembly that the only possible outcomes, given Boko Haram’s refusal to co-operate, are giving in to their demands or enter a full-out jihad,
b. In the period of religious transition of 30 years, ethnic groups and Christians will be allowed to practice their religion,
i. After 30 years, all non-Islamic citizens would have to declare their allegiance to Islam, Mohammed, and Allah,
ii. All citizens who do not declare their allegiance will be sent to SPA (Spiritual Promotion of Allah) camps,
c. The legal system will be binary during the period of these 30 years of religious transition, where there will be both a federal court and a Sharia court,
2. Requests the application of a religiously backed educational system which will focus on the humanities and the vocational skills required for the various edifices which will run Nigeria’s economy;
3. Encourages the OPEC to reconsider its petroleum production policy in Nigeria;
a. The policy should shift from one which favors the international corporations to the government of Nigeria,
i. This can be established by limiting the amount of oil sites foreign corporations can establish and control in Nigeria,
ii. The foreign corporations would have to deal with the Nigerian government as a mediator between the Nigerian companies and the foreign ones
b. These policies will favor the Nigerian nation as a whole, and will produce more income for Nigeria,
4. Calls Upon the nations and organizations of the world to support these causes to move towards peace by funding any operation which will aid the transition to an Islamic Nigeria;
5. Further Reminds the General Assembly that these are just suggestions and are open to amendments.

We were about to put an "ethnic abuse hotline" in it. The number would be 1-666-BIN-LADEN. Sadly, we didn't. :lol2:
You have got to be kidding me, dude... did this pass?

Parina
Envoy

Founded: Dec 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Parina » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:36 pm

Parina wrote:I'm on my school's debate team, but I've never gotten past preliminary rounds. Best record: 4-1, 9th Seed.

Lolwut?

Sorry, I don't participate in a "debate team," but Model United Nations, rather. There aren't any rounds, preliminaries, or anything of that sort. Could you explain this system? :blink:

Preliminary Rounds: Usually 5-6 rounds to determine who gets into the elimination rounds (quarterfinals, semifinals, finals, etc.)

4-1: 4 wins, 1 loss, 5 rounds total

9th Seed: 9th place team, one away from getting into octofinals.

Buffett and Colbert
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Buffett and Colbert » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:38 pm

Parina wrote:
Parina wrote:I'm on my school's debate team, but I've never gotten past preliminary rounds. Best record: 4-1, 9th Seed.

Lolwut?

Sorry, I don't participate in a "debate team," but Model United Nations, rather. There aren't any rounds, preliminaries, or anything of that sort. Could you explain this system? :blink:

Preliminary Rounds: Usually 5-6 rounds to determine who gets into the elimination rounds (quarterfinals, semifinals, finals, etc.)

4-1: 4 wins, 1 loss, 5 rounds total

9th Seed: 9th place team, one away from getting into octofinals.

Neat!

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Keronians wrote:

Buffett and Colbert
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Buffett and Colbert » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:40 pm

Sir Ljoy wrote:

General Assembly
Resolution 1.Sharia

The General Assembly,

Claro que no. :rofl:

We ALMOST got the UK's vote just because she wanted to vote for it for teh lulz ( she was being ignored too) but then decided just to sing her answer. I do have to say the best part was when the chair said "This resolution clearly does not pass" and the thunder sounded. Chris and I then just launched in a whole tirade about how Allah condemned the United Nations...

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Keronians wrote:

Christmahanikwanzikah
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Christmahanikwanzikah » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:43 pm

Sir Ljoy wrote:

General Assembly
Resolution 1.Sharia

The General Assembly,

Claro que no. :rofl:

We ALMOST got the UK's vote just because she wanted to vote for it for teh lulz ( she was being ignored too) but then decided just to sing her answer. I do have to say the best part was when the chair said "This resolution clearly does not pass" and the thunder sounded. Chris and I then just launched in a whole tirade about how Allah condemned the United Nations...

Oh, to be a fly on the wall at that time...

Acadzia
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Acadzia » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:43 pm

I was on one in the 10th grade. Fun stuff.
The Kingdom of Atlantis in A Modern World. Join us, we rock.

SD_Film Artists
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 10, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby SD_Film Artists » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:07 pm

To those who regularly go to debate clubs/groups, how far do you go where notes are concerned? I mean, do you just have cue-cards or do you have a gargantuan dossier?

At my uni Afghanistan debate I found that having about 5 pages of quotes/counter-arguments etc were more than enough for the 20 minute debate, although a significant amount of those 20 minutes were spent by my lecturer (taking the role of the chair/judge) asking the audience's opinion on what we had previously said.

I'd have it in size 14 or 16 font so that it's small enough to keep to a small amount of papers yet large enough so that I wouldn't have to be searching for the specific quote with nervous squinting eyes whilst I should be talking. And to make note scanning even quicker I'd have some critical points in bold text.

Partially because of my Aspergers Syndrome I'm extremely shy in presentations, yet I'm very outspoken and confident when it's a 'panel' situation where the focus isn't 100% on me. So having quick-to-access notes can make things much smoother and avoiding those self-perpetuating nervous moments.
Last edited by SD_Film Artists on Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lurking NSG since 2005
Economic Left/Right: -2.62, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.67

When anybody preaches disunity, tries to pit one of us against each other through class warfare, race hatred, or religious intolerance, you know that person seeks to rob us of our freedom and destroy our very lives.

Mirnect
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mirnect » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:09 pm

Oh yeah, I was once a part of a Model UN. It was insane; it's like, one day the English and French represtatives got up and had a fistfight over the issue of female genital mutilation. And me, being none other than Libya, had the 'Great Socialist Sharia Resolution' passed which basically put a mangled version of socialism and Islam into international practice, so everybody greeted each other with "Saalam, Socialist Comrade" and wore these strange black robes and dishdashas for a month. The only person who refused was America - the only person who took it seriously - whom the world unanimously declared The Great Satan.

Afterwards, America proposed that Russia be condemned for the war with Georgia, and everybody else asked why the U.S. State of Georgia had a military. I then proposed a resolution which saw Somalia made a protectorate of Luxembourg.

Of course we were shut down after a couple of months. But still, good times.
The Stratocracy of Mirnect
A virgin phoenix from her ashes risen.
The Ashes of War: Summit on the Venturer
Permanently unavaible from Thursday 19th August until Tuesday 24th August.
Activity limited until September 1st-3rd.

Wallonochia
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 21, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Wallonochia » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:11 pm

Mirnect wrote:everybody else asked why the U.S. State of Georgia had a military.

Had they never heard of this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_National_Guard

Buffett and Colbert
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Buffett and Colbert » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:13 pm

SD_Film Artists wrote:To those who regularly go to debate clubs/groups, how far do you go where notes are concerned? I mean, do you just have cue-cards or do you have a gargantuan dossier?

I tend to print the majority of my research and highlight it using an extremely intricate system I've developed (people tell me that the level of detail to my system is insane, but hey, it works). I always carry a legal pad and pen to committees to take notes during committee and put down main points for what I'm going to say.
SD_Film Artists wrote:At my uni Afghanistan debate I found that having about 5 pages of quotes/counter-arguments etc were more than enough for the 20 minute debate, although a significant amount of those 20 minutes were spent by my lecturer (taking the role of the chair/judge) asking the audience's opinion on what we said.

For a 20 minute debate I'm sure that's plenty.
SD_Film Artists wrote:I'd have it in size 14 or 16 font so that it's small enough to keep to a small amount of papers yet large enough so that I wouldn't have to be searching for the specific quote with nervous squinting eyes whilst I should be talking. And to make note scanning even quicker I'd have some critical points in bold text.

With my highlighting system, I'm pretty much fine in that area. I use a number of really weird tricks to lessen the amount of paper and ink I use, though. :lol:
SD_Film Artists wrote:Partially because of my Aspergers Syndrome I'm extremely shy in presentations, yet I'm very outspoken and confident when it's a 'panel' situation where the focus isn't 100% on me. So having quick-to-access notes can make things much smoother and avoiding those self-perpetuating nervous moments.

Knowing your shit is the most important thing. If you have confidence that you know what you're talking about, you'll be fine as far as nerves and confidence goes.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Keronians wrote:

Mirnect
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mirnect » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:13 pm

Wallonochia wrote:
Mirnect wrote:everybody else asked why the U.S. State of Georgia had a military.

Had they never heard of this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_National_Guard

It was obviously a joke. That's what America argued, and then we used geography.
Last edited by Mirnect on Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Stratocracy of Mirnect
A virgin phoenix from her ashes risen.
The Ashes of War: Summit on the Venturer
Permanently unavaible from Thursday 19th August until Tuesday 24th August.
Activity limited until September 1st-3rd.

Parina
Envoy

Founded: Dec 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Parina » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:13 pm

SD_Film Artists wrote:To those who regularly go to debate clubs/groups, how far do you go where notes are concerned? I mean, do you just have cue-cards or do you have a gargantuan dossier?

At my uni Afghanistan debate I found that having about 5 pages of quotes/counter-arguments etc were more than enough for the 20 minute debate, although a significant amount of those 20 minutes were spent by my lecturer (taking the role of the chair/judge) asking the audience's opinion on what we had previously said.

Psssh, five pages. REAL debaters have no less then four tubs!

No, seriously, we have tubs of evidence, and we use pretty much all of it at least once.
Last edited by Parina on Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General