NATION

PASSWORD

Flintstones vs Simpsons

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Junkyland
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 23, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Junkyland » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:32 pm

Zeppy wrote:
Maurepas wrote:
Conserative Morality wrote:
Junkyland wrote:Exactly. It's like the Rugrats. I still like them now for some reason..... ;)

Going into your second childhood?

Hey, All the pre-Dill Rugrats are awesome, and Timeless...and I never left the first, :p

All Grown Up. :meh:

Those kind of ruined it though..... :meh:
I just want you to please note that any knowledge I show throughout NS is based off of a 3rd grade education. All this means is that I probably know absolutely nothing about any subject I post about.
Thank God for Wikipedia!

Former President of Forum 7, for some reason . . .

Schwabenreich
Minister

Founded: Nov 24, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Schwabenreich » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:32 pm

I love them both, but I loved the first few seasons of Simpsons a bit more. Though I think the Flintstones would win in a fight.
"The sovereign represents the state; he and his people form but one body, which can only be happy as far as united by concord. The prince is to a nation he governs, what a head is to a man; it is his duty to see, think and act for the whole community, that he may procure it every advantage of which it is capable."-Friedrich der Große

UnhealthyTruthseeker
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby UnhealthyTruthseeker » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:48 pm

Well the Flintstones wins because it is more accurate to history. Remember, dinosaurs and humans clearly coexisted. I mean sure, I have no evidence for this claim, but the bible says...
A little homework for you!

What part of L(f(t)) = Int(exp(-s*t)*f(t),t,0,inf) don't you understand?

Nordicus
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nordicus » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:57 pm

I've never been able to stand the Flintstones, or the Jetsons either for that matter.

Simpsons is good, although it's not my favorite cartoon.
Note: I am an atheist. If I say something supportive of a religion, it's because I try to be fair and even-handed, not because I am a follower of that religion.
H N Fiddlebottoms VIII wrote:Engineers hate biology, because it has very few right angles. Everything is all curves and bumps and the only penis-shaped items are actual penises.

Dregruk wrote:
Kma2 wrote:How else could it be that they are so uneducated regarding what is going on in America.

Same as anyone else; I slaughter gibbons and frolic in their blood. Or just, y'know, disagree with you.

Tsaraine wrote:Somewhere in Philadelphia, one school administrator has just smacked another school administrator upside the head. "Damnit, Jenkins! I told you we should just have gone with chastity belts!"

Biblical Creation

Dinner Theatre Actors
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 26, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Dinner Theatre Actors » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:28 pm

The Flintstones were a direct send up of The Honeymooners TV series starring Jackie Gleason & Art Carnie.
The Simpsons was a subversive anti-cartoon originally in print in arts rags then in short cartoon form on the Tracy Ullman show.
The Simpsons have sent up pretty much everything over the last 20 years. Still, after all thers years, the best way to really upset a 9 year old male Simpson's fan is to point out Bart is voiced by a girl. :twisted:
Those who danced were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination

Junkyland
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 23, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Junkyland » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:30 pm

Dinner Theatre Actors wrote:The Flintstones were a direct send up of The Honeymooners TV series starring Jackie Gleason & Art Carnie.
The Simpsons was a subversive anti-cartoon originally in print in arts rags then in short cartoon form on the Tracy Ullman show.
The Simpsons have sent up pretty much everything over the last 20 years. Still, after all thers years, the best way to really upset a 9 year old male Simpson's fan is to point out Bart is voiced by a girl. :twisted:

What!?!?!?!?!?! :eek:
I just want you to please note that any knowledge I show throughout NS is based off of a 3rd grade education. All this means is that I probably know absolutely nothing about any subject I post about.
Thank God for Wikipedia!

Former President of Forum 7, for some reason . . .

The_pantless_hero
Senator

Founded: Mar 19, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby The_pantless_hero » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:40 pm

Dinner Theatre Actors wrote:The Flintstones were a direct send up of The Honeymooners TV series starring Jackie Gleason & Art Carnie.

Who is now 20 years older than she was when she started. Eventually the Simpsons voice actors are going to die off -_-
Bottle wrote:Equality is a slippery slope, people, and if you give it to the gays you have to give it to the polygamists and if you give it to the polygamists you have to give it to the serial dog molesters and if you give it to the serial dog molesters you have to give it to the machine fetishists and the next thing you know you're being tied up by a trio of polygamist lesbian powerbooks and you can't get out because the safety word is case sensistive!

Doing what we must because we can

Takaram
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Takaram » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:42 pm

Two totally different shows made for totally different audiences.

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:07 pm

In my opinion The Simpsons are the most recognizable to me. However, I must praise the Flintstones for being a classic itself.

Christmahanikwanzikah
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Christmahanikwanzikah » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:10 pm

Why the hell are people saying the Flinstones would beat the Simpsons in a fight?!

How many zombie invasions has Fred Flinstone and his family fought off?

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 12, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:19 pm

The_pantless_hero wrote:Who is now 20 years older than she was when she started. Eventually the Simpsons voice actors are going to die off -_-

And likely be replaced, like the voice actors of Disney characters or the woman who used to do all the female voices on South Park.
American Orthodox: one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

Schwabenreich
Minister

Founded: Nov 24, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Schwabenreich » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:26 pm

Christmahanikwanzikah wrote:Why the hell are people saying the Flinstones would beat the Simpsons in a fight?!

None but he powers cars with his feet and has to wrestle dinosaurs. Also arguebly, those zombie invasions weren't truly canon as they appeared in the Treehouse of Horrors.
Last edited by Schwabenreich on Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The sovereign represents the state; he and his people form but one body, which can only be happy as far as united by concord. The prince is to a nation he governs, what a head is to a man; it is his duty to see, think and act for the whole community, that he may procure it every advantage of which it is capable."-Friedrich der Große

Christmahanikwanzikah
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Christmahanikwanzikah » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:48 pm

Schwabenreich wrote:
Christmahanikwanzikah wrote:Why the hell are people saying the Flinstones would beat the Simpsons in a fight?!

None but he powers cars with his feet and has to wrestle dinosaurs. Also arguebly, those zombie invasions weren't truly canon as they appeared in the Treehouse of Horrors.

Yeah well those Flinstones eps weren't in canon because of... of... your face!

Neener Neener! XP

Christmahanikwanzikah
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Christmahanikwanzikah » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:49 pm

Okay, srs bznz here, The Simpsons to me is far greater than The Flinstones, and I've loved watching each.

Also, I'm getting sick of Family Guy because the jokes in it are about as subtle as a brick to the face.

Unidox
Minister

Founded: Jan 25, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Unidox » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:46 pm

Maurepas wrote:Well, the Flintstones has Dinosaurs, I think they'd win...

But the Simpsons used a subversive witt, often satyrical, and were not spliced together with anti-communist propargranda. Also, last time I checked Hanna Barbera did not sue their own creations over political veiw points.

Oh, and the Flintstones were pretty much a rip off of the Honey Mooners.
Last edited by Unidox on Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caninope wrote:It's NSG. The 20th Circle of LIMBO!

Buffett and Colbert wrote:Always here to ruin the day. 8)

Living Freedom Land wrote:Oh, so now you want gay people to take part in the sacred institution of tax rebates too? You liberals sicken me.

Lacadaemon wrote:I mean, hell, in a properly regulated market, pension stripping schemes like Zynga wouldn't ever have a sniff of an IPO (see Groupon). But it's all wild westy now. Lie down with dogs and so forth.

Blouman Empire
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Blouman Empire » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:50 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:
Maurepas wrote:Hey, All the pre-Dill Rugrats are awesome, and Timeless...and I never left the first, :p

I never liked the rugrats, even as a kid. :unsure:

That's because when you were watching them (which was what 3 years ago?) they had gone to shit, Dill had come out and their was also the travesty Rugrats all grown up show. The ones that were showing while I was a kid were good.
You know you've made it on NSG when you have a whole thread created around what you said.
On the American/United Statesian matter "I'd suggest Americans go to their nation settings and change their nation prefix to something cooler." - The Kangaroo Republic
http://nswiki.net/index.php?title=Blouman_Empire

DBC26-Winner

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General