NATION

PASSWORD

[US Election 2016] Republican Primary Megathread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Which Candidate Do You Support?

Ted Cruz
3%
Marco Rubio
11%
Rand Paul
17%
Ben Carson
9%
Carly Fiorina
3%
Jeb Bush
5%
Chris Christie
2%
John Kasich
7%
Donald Trump
26%
Someone else
16%

Total votes : 579

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:40 pm

Crusader occupied mecca wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:These so called RINO's are really the GOP's best chance of staying relevant. I'm not against certain traditional values, but much of the GOP is pushing further rightward than the USA has ever been before. They aren't conservatives. They're right-wing liberals. Fifty years from now, these guys are going to be viewed in the same light as people who favored slavery. They were ultimately wrong, and simply slowed the USA's progress as a nation. I would argue that these RINO's are the ones who stand for what the Republican party should be about.

Just opposite. Rinos are left liberals who lobve islam. Only the TEA party can save America from beheading and honor killing.

I'm not entirely sure if you are serious or being sarcastic.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:41 pm

Soldati senza confini wrote:
Crusader occupied mecca wrote:Just opposite. Rinos are left liberals who lobve islam. Only the TEA party can save America from beheading and honor killing.

I was assuming something that over the top was sarcasm.
Economic:-8.12 Social:-7.59 Moral Rules:5 Moral Order:-5
Muravyets: Maineiacs, you are brilliant, too! I stand in delighted awe.
Sane Outcasts:When your best case scenario is five kilometers of nuclear contamination, you know someone fucked up.
Geniasis: Christian values are incompatible with Conservative ideals. I cannot both follow the teachings of Christ and be a Republican. Therefore, I choose to not be a Republican.
Galloism: If someone will build a wall around Donald Trump, I'll pay for it.
Bottle tells it like it is
add 6,928 to post count

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:42 pm

Now Lindsey Graham says Obama doesn't know how to be commander in chief, and he'll rebuild the military.

... once again, anyone see Lindsey Graham as a great commander in chief who knows exactly how to run a military?

... I'm starting to think he's deliberately being ironically funny.
Last edited by Galloism on Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:43 pm

Galloism wrote:Now Lindsey Graham says Obama doesn't know how to be commander in chief, and he'll rebuild the military.

... once again, anyone see Lindsey Graham as a great commander in chief who knows exactly how to run a military?

How does he even have a campaign any more?
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:45 pm

Maineiacs wrote:You're not missing much at the kids' table. Graham wants to bomb Arabs, and Santorum wants a trade war with China, because he apparently thinks that will improve the environment.

Calling it a "kids' table" is kinda like saying they are the special ed kids and the main debate is the loony bin.

Seriously, even though I lean Republican, the Republican party sorely disappoints with the choice of candidates this election.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Crusader occupied mecca
Envoy

Founded: Oct 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Crusader occupied mecca » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:45 pm

Crusader occupied mecca wrote:Just opposite. Rinos are left liberals who lobve islam. Only the TEA party can save America from beheading and honor killing.

Liberals and rinos are like stalin fanboys after katyn
The Baghdad "battery" was just a jar to store scrolls over-hyped by a self-serving archaeologist.

The crusades were a counter-attack called for by the legitimate government of the relevant lands, the Byzantine Empire.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:46 pm

Crusader occupied mecca wrote:

Liberals and rinos are like stalin fanboys after katyn

Okay, now I know you're being sarcastic :p

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jun 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:51 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Galloism wrote:Now Lindsey Graham says Obama doesn't know how to be commander in chief, and he'll rebuild the military.

I don't think that he does. I believe that he wandered onto stage under the assumption that it's still going, and no one has the heart to tell him that it's over.

Eol Sha
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Eol Sha » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:51 pm

Sunday shows and morning news shows.
You'd better believe I'm a bitter Bernie Sanders supporter. The Dems fucked up and fucked up hard. Hopefully they'll learn that neoliberalism and maintaining the status quo isn't the way to win this election or any other one. I doubt they will, though.

"What's the number one method of achieving civil rights in America? Don't scare the white folks." ~ Eol Sha

Praise be to C-SPAN - Democrats Should Listen to Sanders - How I Voted on November 8, 2016 - Trump's Foreign Policy: Do Stupid Shit - Trump's Clock is Ticking

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:52 pm

I'm getting a little tired of the answer to every question from the moderators being answered with "Obamacare is bad".
Economic:-8.12 Social:-7.59 Moral Rules:5 Moral Order:-5
Muravyets: Maineiacs, you are brilliant, too! I stand in delighted awe.
Sane Outcasts:When your best case scenario is five kilometers of nuclear contamination, you know someone fucked up.
Geniasis: Christian values are incompatible with Conservative ideals. I cannot both follow the teachings of Christ and be a Republican. Therefore, I choose to not be a Republican.
Galloism: If someone will build a wall around Donald Trump, I'll pay for it.
Bottle tells it like it is
add 6,928 to post count

The Ben Boys
Senator

Founded: Apr 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Ben Boys » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:55 pm

Trump criticized Carson's religion as "extreme". Lordy, I hope this slandering scum isn't elected.

"Both Religion and science require a belief in God. For believers, God is in the beginning, and for physicists He is at the end of all considerations"-Max Planck

Packers Nation

Eol Sha
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Eol Sha » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:56 pm

The Ben Boys wrote:Trump criticized Carson's religion as "extreme". Lordy, I hope this slandering scum isn't elected.

At least he's not Pentecostal. :p
You'd better believe I'm a bitter Bernie Sanders supporter. The Dems fucked up and fucked up hard. Hopefully they'll learn that neoliberalism and maintaining the status quo isn't the way to win this election or any other one. I doubt they will, though.

"What's the number one method of achieving civil rights in America? Don't scare the white folks." ~ Eol Sha

Praise be to C-SPAN - Democrats Should Listen to Sanders - How I Voted on November 8, 2016 - Trump's Foreign Policy: Do Stupid Shit - Trump's Clock is Ticking

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:58 pm

The Ben Boys wrote:Trump criticized Carson's religion as "extreme". Lordy, I hope this slandering scum isn't elected.

Woah, really? I mean, I differ from Seventh-Day Adventists too, but they aren't exactly crazies.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:59 pm

:rofl:

It is quite ironic from the guy who thinks a 1 million dollar loan is such a fucking hardship.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:00 pm

Woah, really? I mean, I differ from Seventh-Day Adventists too, but they aren't exactly crazies.

Adventists are not really that out there, to be honest.

They take a lot of steps in regards of body theology that even I don't, but that doesn't make them crazy or unreasonable compared to even Protestantism. If anything, they are pretty much mainstream protestantism except for the body theology bits they have taken to lengths.
Last edited by Soldati Senza Confini on Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kelinfort
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kelinfort » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:01 pm

Goddie, the loser debate is underway.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:01 pm

Adventists are not really that out there, to be honest.

They take a lot of steps in regards of body theology that even I don't, but that doesn't make them crazy or unreasonable compared to even Protestantism. If anything, they are pretty much mainstream protestantism except for the body theology bits they have taken to lengths.

Of course, this is coming from The "My Bible gave me asthma from its dust" Trump.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:02 pm

I bet the people in the audience have an easier time with this debate than those of us watching at home.

Recreational marijuana is legal in Colorado.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:03 pm

Galloism wrote:I bet the people in the audience have an easier time with this debate than those of us watching at home.

Recreational marijuana is legal in Colorado.

I'm still waiting for those great empty auditorium shots on the wide pan.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:08 pm

You know, they spend an inordinate amount of time talking about Obama.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:09 pm

Maineiacs wrote:I'm getting a little tired of the answer to every question from the moderators being answered with "Obamacare is bad".

Security! Take him to re-programming!
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:09 pm

Galloism wrote:You know, they spend an inordinate amount of time talking about Obama.

Honestly, if I were them I would target Obama plenty. He's an easy target as the incumbent, and contrasting what you would do as President to what he has done is pretty traditional fare, and what people want to hear.

Williamson
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Williamson » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:11 pm

can Santorum not remind people he is from Pittsburgh

Eol Sha
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Eol Sha » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:11 pm

Galloism wrote:You know, they spend an inordinate amount of time talking about Obama.

Maybe because he's THE EPITOME OF EVERYTHING THAT'S WRONG WITH AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:22 pm

Eol Sha wrote:

Maybe because he's THE EPITOME OF EVERYTHING THAT'S WRONG WITH AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure if sarcastic...

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General