NATION

PASSWORD

[US Election 2016] Republican Primary Megathread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Which Candidate Do You Support?

Ted Cruz
3%
Marco Rubio
11%
Rand Paul
17%
Ben Carson
9%
Carly Fiorina
3%
Jeb Bush
5%
Chris Christie
2%
John Kasich
7%
Donald Trump
26%
Someone else
16%

Total votes : 579

MERIZoC
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 05, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby MERIZoC » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:03 pm

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:11 pm

Saiwania wrote:
Marylandonia wrote:The Dem's base is much more of younger, poorer ethnic voters, whom seem to need to be politically highly motivated to find time to come out to the polling places. A presidential election has a high enough level of noise that gets though all the other distracting noises in their lives.

So the root of the problem is the liberal media being in the tank for Hillary like they were for Obama?

It's actually kind of interesting that in this election there are a fair number of left-wingers complaining about the media's biases towards the democratic establishment.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Geilinor
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Geilinor » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:20 pm

I don't blame him. Trying to avoid Trump is the only way to survive in the race.
Member of the Free Democratic Party. Not left. Not right. Forward.
Economic Left/Right: -1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41

Marylandonia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Marylandonia » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:25 pm

Saiwania wrote:
Marylandonia wrote:The Dem's base is much more of younger, poorer ethnic voters, whom seem to need to be politically highly motivated to find time to come out to the polling places. A presidential election has a high enough level of noise that gets though all the other distracting noises in their lives.

So the root of the problem is the liberal media being in the tank for Hillary like they were for Obama?

So, to mathematically paraphrase the above, 1 + 1 = 59.
Last edited by Marylandonia on Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ALT is New Jerzylvania

Marylandonia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Marylandonia » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:31 pm

Diopolis wrote:
Saiwania wrote:

It's actually kind of interesting that in this election there are a fair number of left-wingers complaining about the media's biases towards the democratic establishment.

It's a sad fact that today's "masses" just want to be told what they want to hear, no matter their political persuasion.

Many are used to tuning in the network that comes closest to their viewpoints and somehow expect the other guy's network not to do the same for him. It's all so fucking pathetic with our 24/7 ratings driven news cycle.
ALT is New Jerzylvania

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:33 pm

Marylandonia wrote:It's a sad fact that today's "masses" just want to be told what they want to hear, no matter their political persuasion.

Many are used to tuning in the network that comes closest to their viewpoints and somehow expect the other guy's network not to do the same for him. It's all so fucking pathetic with our 24/7 ratings driven news cycle.

NSG is my network. If I didn't hear it on here, it didn't happen. :p
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

New Jerzylvania
Minister

Founded: Feb 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Jerzylvania » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:36 pm

Marylandonia wrote:
Diopolis wrote:It's actually kind of interesting that in this election there are a fair number of left-wingers complaining about the media's biases towards the democratic establishment.

It's a sad fact that today's "masses" just want to be told what they want to hear, no matter their political persuasion.

CNN has done everything but hype tomorrow night's debate as "Ted & Donald's Excellent Adventure."
DEFCON 1

Clinton/Kaine 2016

It is the solemn and patriotic duty of all true Americans to prevent the election of Donald J. Trump as the next President of the United States by use of the ballot box.
Even if it means you might have to be called for jury duty!

Arlenton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 16, 2012
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Arlenton » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:43 pm

Diopolis wrote:
Saiwania wrote:

It seems like, except for Fox obviously and maybe MSNBC, all are.

The Klishi Islands
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Klishi Islands » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:47 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:
Marylandonia wrote:It's a sad fact that today's "masses" just want to be told what they want to hear, no matter their political persuasion.

NSG is my network. If I didn't hear it on here, it didn't happen. :p

*looks at "Should Romeo and Juliet be required reading?" thread*
*looks at "Logical argument against Islamophobia?" thread*
*looks at "Is the US finally breaking down?" thread*

Uh huh. Only the best news, here :p
Last edited by The Klishi Islands on Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Center-Left, Social Libertarian. Basically an ebul establishment neoliberal.
The political compass is no longer objective, so I've removed it from my sig. TG me for my specific positions.
"Bullshit is everywhere. There is very little that you will encounter in life that has not been, in some ways, infused with bullshit." ~ Jon Stewart

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when open. ~ Unknown

These quotes sum up how I feel about the political climate in America. Let's try to keep the debate healthy, open, and honest

Marylandonia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Marylandonia » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:07 pm

The Klishi Islands wrote:
Conserative Morality wrote:NSG is my network. If I didn't hear it on here, it didn't happen. :p

*looks at "Should Romeo and Juliet be required reading?" thread*

You somehow left out *scratching head*....
Would You Kill God? thread
and
What If Hitler Came Back To Life? thread

Those were particularly newsworthy.... :rofl:
ALT is New Jerzylvania

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:13 pm

The Klishi Islands wrote:*looks at "Should Romeo and Juliet be required reading?" thread*

Sadly not all that worse than most news sites.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

The Princes of the Universe
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Princes of the Universe » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:17 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:
The Klishi Islands wrote:*looks at "Should Romeo and Juliet be required reading?" thread*

Sadly not all that worse than most news sites.

That particular list is better than most cable "news" peddlers. Two of those things are actually legitimate topics for public discussion (one involves what's taught in schools and the other involves a major problem in the West).
Pro dolorosa Eius passione, miserere nobis et totius mundi.

In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti.
Domine Iesu Christe, Fili Dei, miserere mei, peccatoris.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:23 pm

Locked a few pages short of 500.

Take it away, Merizoc!
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General