NATION

PASSWORD

TETx Nationstates: Ideas Worth Chatting

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Jute
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 28, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Jute » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:25 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Jute wrote:What's it about? You mean, a lot of warnings?

A pagan priestess led an invocation to open some ceremony in Iowa and the Christian majority is seething.

What kind of ceremony?
Ava Ire wrote:
Jute wrote:Meanwhile, for the longest time "Does God exist?" was my "Most active thread", making up like 25 % of my post at one point.

I honestly don't see any good coming from those debates.
I was mostly just trying to correct historical and other misunderstandings, inaccuracies or wrong myths. Like how too many people are too quick with finding scapegoats for bad things that happened in the past.
Carl Sagan, astrophysicist and atheist wrote:"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality.
When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages,
when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling,
that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual...
The notion that science and spirituality are somehow mutually exclusive does a disservice to both."
Italios wrote:Jute's probably some sort of Robin Hood-type outlaw
"Boys and girls so happy, young and gay / Don't let false worldly joy carry your hearts away."

See the Jutean language! Talk to me about all. Avian air force flag (via) Is Religion Dangerous?

DesAnges
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 02, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby DesAnges » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:25 pm

Jute wrote:
DesAnges wrote:I'm received phone calls whilst having a shit. So what?

How can you text while in a shower?

Have your phone on a dry but easily reachable surface outside the shower, next to a towel. When it goes off, reach round, dry your hand, reply, put down, back to shower. I've only done this once but in my defence it was a pretty important conversation about travel arrangements.
My name is Kim-Jong Ayatollah, and I'm a big boy. I'm ten and three-quarters. I have high levels of respect for this man. <3<32 NSG, two pages into a debate
@Iseabbv Don't @ me

Jute
Postmaster-General

Postby Jute » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:26 pm

Furry Alairia and Algeria wrote:
Jute wrote:

At least I know I'm doing something inappropriate.

Oh yeah?
Carl Sagan, astrophysicist and atheist wrote:"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality.
When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages,
when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling,
The notion that science and spirituality are somehow mutually exclusive does a disservice to both."
"Boys and girls so happy, young and gay / Don't let false worldly joy carry your hearts away."

See the Jutean language! Talk to me about all. Avian air force flag (via) Is Religion Dangerous?

Jute
Postmaster-General

Postby Jute » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:28 pm

DesAnges wrote:
Jute wrote:How can you text while in a shower?

Have your phone on a dry but easily reachable surface outside the shower, next to a towel. When it goes off, reach round, dry your hand, reply, put down, back to shower. I've only done this once but in my defence it was a pretty important conversation about travel arrangements.

Alright... I usually keep my phone out of the bathroom, so I never had the problem of it getting wet there. I once accidentally left it in the pocket when I put clothes into the washing machine, though. Fortunately, it was a really cheap one.

Allancia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Allancia » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:29 pm

Jute wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
A pagan priestess led an invocation to open some ceremony in Iowa and the Christian majority is seething.

What kind of ceremony?
Ava Ire wrote:I honestly don't see any good coming from those debates.
I was mostly just trying to correct historical and other misunderstandings, inaccuracies or wrong myths. Like how too many people are too quick with finding scapegoats for bad things that happened in the past.

Hopefully not something can could inspire hate crimes.
"One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures."
-George Bush

Jute
Postmaster-General

Postby Jute » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:31 pm

Allancia wrote:
Jute wrote:What kind of ceremony?I was mostly just trying to correct historical and other misunderstandings, inaccuracies or wrong myths. Like how too many people are too quick with finding scapegoats for bad things that happened in the past.

Hopefully not something can could inspire hate crimes.

What?

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:33 pm

Crap, I was hoping I was already on holiday when this hit 500.

You guys talk too much.

I lock.

Let me think of a new title (do not TG me titles, they'll be ignored)
The Blaatschapen should resign

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General