NATION

PASSWORD

** Barack Obama's first year: Reality Bites **

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Are you disappointed in the first year of the Obama presidency?

Yes: I voted for Obama (American)
13%
No: I voted for Obama (American)
16%
Yes: I did NOT vote for Obama (American)
31%
No: I did NOT vote for Obama (American)
8%
Yes: Non-American
16%
No: Non-American
16%

Total votes : 182

Muravyets
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 18, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Muravyets » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:32 pm

Free Soviets wrote:
Muravyets wrote:
Free Soviets wrote:
Wallonochia wrote:
Gauthier wrote:And the only "Democrats" on FOXNews have been Colmes-grade pushover jellies

To be fair that does seem to be an apt description of most Democratic Congressmen.

has there ever been anything that the democratic party hasn't felt the need to capitulate over?

Yes: Demands from their own side to remove Lieberman from his committee chairmanship.

hmm, a good point. i mean, we could turn it around and say that it was still a capitulation but to lieberman instead. but that in turn merely points us at a more general answer - the one thing democrats usually will refuse to capitulate to are the demands of their own base.

you know, its really too bad that letting the republicans ever hold power results in catastrophic collapse at home and torture and murder sprees abroad. because without that sort of threat, there really would be no reason to ever support the dems on anything.

i'm already looking forward to explanations of how they voted for healthcare reform before they voted against it.

Yep, yep, and...yep. Agreed on all points.
Kick back at Cafe Muravyets
And check out my other RP, too. (Don't take others' word for it -- see for yourself. ;) )
I agree with Muravyets because she scares me. -- Verdigroth
However, I am still not the topic of this thread.

Baakir
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 10, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Baakir » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:10 am

I being an African-American am a very proud American and a member of the Armed Forces I can say I'm particularly interested in Obama not just because he's part "black" but the hope he instilled in many americans including myself. I do feel "WE THE PEOPLE" are a bit too impatient. Obama's administration inherited a "Hot Ass Mess" and it's going to take time to fix it but yet people are begining to blame him for something that was already in place. I'm not blaming former President Bush at all, I personally like Bush because he was funny as hell but I do feel some of his policies and decisions weren't the best for our nation but like anything that doesn't work.....you "CHANGE" it. Just like the "Whole" healthcare reform debacle, if it doesn't work......."CHANGE" it. I myself served a tour in Iraq and could possibly soon be heading to the Afghan front pretty soon and personally I feel we shouldn't be in Iraq but that doesn't matter , we can sit here and debate about whats right and wrong but in the end all of that doesn't matter. There are members of all branches of the armed forces sacrifices alot to defend and protect the American way of life and I myself will go in harms way for any American back home no matter what there religious beliefs, political views, etcs because in the end we are not all just Christian, Jewish or Muslim. We are not just Democrats, Republicans of independents...we are all..Americans and we should come together and make our country better not fight and bicker about policies coming into place in Washington. I support my President not because he's black, or a democrat or republican..I support my President because he is an "American". I support him because I support America. We as American's should support each other more and look pass religion, political views and left and right wing, etc. Look at the dreams the founders of this great nation had. Look at the dreams of the late Dr. Martin L. King. USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Previous

Return to General