NATION

PASSWORD

57% Of Republicans Want Christianity As National Religion

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:13 am

Imperialpowersofkorea wrote:
Genivaria wrote:Yeah I find it amusing when some theists actually claim NK is somehow an atheist country.
I didn't realize believing your Dear Leader is a god is atheism now.

Yeah these 57 % of people will take their country down with them

You must've responded to the wrong post because that has nothing to do with NK.

Imperialpowersofkorea
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperialpowersofkorea » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:13 am

Bezkoshtovnya wrote:
Imperialpowersofkorea wrote:Yeah these 57 % of people will take their country down with them

The poll was not of the entire US or even of the Republican party. So that is not an accurate statement.

It would reflect 57% of the poll voters
This is Manisdog

Imperialpowersofkorea
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperialpowersofkorea » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:14 am

Genivaria wrote:
Imperialpowersofkorea wrote:Yeah these 57 % of people will take their country down with them

You must've responded to the wrong post because that has nothing to do with NK.

Yeah, I think I did oops
This is Manisdog

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:14 am

Tarsonis Survivors wrote:1st half of thread: Mostly respectful discussion on the intricacies of Constitutional Law and US politics.
2nd half of thread: "Fuck Republicans, they ebul and stupid."

I don't think all Republicans are evil and stupid.

But I do recognize there are some things I cannot trust America as a whole about. This is one of them.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:14 am

Tarsonis Survivors wrote:
Ifreann wrote:There is a difference between the country and the stated religion of the people of the country. There is more to a culture than the stated religion of the people of the country. How many countries in Europe have Christian majorities as large or larger than the US? And yet they are all different in their cultures both from the US and from each other.

I find it just as hard to believe that having won so great a victory as establishing Christianity as the official religion of the US that they would fail to capitalise upon it, whatever form that victory took.

A. I think you're making the mistake of assuming Christianity is a homogenous concept, it is not. And there are many facets of culture, religion being one of those facets. That facet of American Culture, is largely Christian. I don't get why this is such a hard concept to understand.

B. No, they would capitalize on it, what I'm saying is they wouldn't net any gains off it.

A: Actually, you would be the one making the mistake of assuming that christianity is a homogeneous concept with your declaration that the US is "culturally christian".
B: And you base this assumption on what?
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent...
Freedom from religion is an integral part of Freedom of religion
Married to Koshka
USMC veteran MOS 0331/8152
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Ifreann: Odds are you're secretly a zebra with a very special keyboard.
Ostro: I think women need to be trained
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:15 am

Bezkoshtovnya wrote:The poll was not of the entire US or even of the Republican party. So that is not an accurate statement.

primary voters. Depending on the location, primary voters aren't necessarily required to be affiliated with the party.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:15 am

Genivaria wrote:Yeah I find it amusing when some theists actually claim NK is somehow an atheist country.
I didn't realize believing your Dear Leader is a god is atheism now.

Yeah these 57 % of people will take their country down with them

57% of Republicans, which is a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of people.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Knockturn Alley
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 28, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Knockturn Alley » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:15 am

Gauthier wrote:
Knockturn Alley wrote:
um, no not exactly...it would mean that public schools would have Bible learning compulsory, mandatory minimum attendance in churches and would directly and deliberately promote bias towards Christian groups in any office or position.

And as I pointed out, if the National Religion in question was Islam rather than some denomination of Christianity a whole lot of people would be screaming and running around like Godzilla decided to walk up onto Myrtle Beach.

The Islamic Litmus Test. You can measure the ethics of advancing a religious agenda by reading their reaction if it was Islam in the place of their favorite belief.

Agreed :p
Lelouch Lamperouge wrote:The only one who has the right to kill is he who is willing to die himself

Unknown wrote:There is nothing more powerful than an idea whose time has come

Political Compass [OUTDATED]:
Economic Left/Right: -0.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.74
capitalism, free speech, atheism, nature, gun rights, metal music, technology, anime, stoicism, mgtow
traditionalism, racism, religion, virtue-signalling, celebrities, SJWs, PC Culture

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:15 am

Dyakovo wrote: :rofl:
Sorry to not live up to your stupid stereotype, but I would not be in favor of banning religion.

Just the free exercise part.

Is this the "say stupid things thread"?
Married to Koshka
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

Bezkoshtovnya
Senator

Founded: Sep 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Bezkoshtovnya » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:16 am

Bezkoshtovnya wrote:The poll was not of the entire US or even of the Republican party. So that is not an accurate statement.

Which are not capapble of bringing a country down.
Dante Alighieri wrote:There is no greater sorrow than to recall happiness in times of misery
Charlie Chaplin wrote:Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles.
ΦΣK
------------------

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:16 am

Finium wrote:This poll was of 317 people...

And?
Married to Koshka

Desperate Measures
Postmaster-General

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Desperate Measures » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:17 am

Dyakovo wrote:
Desperate Measures wrote:You didn't see me attempting to flamboyantly launch myself off of it?

So that's why there were shoe prints on my pizza...

:p
"My loathings are simple: stupidity, oppression, crime, cruelty, soft music."
- Vladimir Nabokov US (1899 - 1977)
Also, me.
“Man has such a predilection for systems and abstract deductions that he is ready to distort the truth intentionally, he is ready to deny the evidence of his senses only to justify his logic”
- Fyodor Dostoyevsky Russian Novelist and Writer, 1821-1881
"All Clock Faces Are Wrong." - Gene Ray, Prophet(?) http://www.timecube.com
A simplified maxim on the subject states "An atheist would say, 'I don't believe God exists'; an agnostic would say, 'I don't know whether or not God exists'; and an ignostic would say, 'I don't know what you mean when you say, "God exists" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignosticism

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:18 am

Dyakovo wrote: :rofl:
Sorry to not live up to your stupid stereotype, but I would not be in favor of banning religion.

I'm Christian and I think practices should remain separate and in private or in public as long as it doesn't disrupt other people.

Free exercise doesn't mean "I'll be all up in your face and fuck you if you don't like it".

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:18 am

Dyakovo wrote:
A. I think you're making the mistake of assuming Christianity is a homogenous concept, it is not. And there are many facets of culture, religion being one of those facets. That facet of American Culture, is largely Christian. I don't get why this is such a hard concept to understand.

B. No, they would capitalize on it, what I'm saying is they wouldn't net any gains off it.

A: Actually, you would be the one making the mistake of assuming that christianity is a homogeneous concept with your declaration that the US is "culturally christian".

God its like running in circles with you.

A. Not a mistake, the vast majority of America has always been some form of Christian, granted it's lower now than it's ever been, but even now it's still overwhelmingly Christian about 75%.

B. On the law, as has been reiterated going on double digits now.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:20 am

Western-Ukraine wrote:This is really some good news from Americas. It's great to see so many Republicans are defending the only true religion. A national religion is never troubling in any way. As long as it doesn't end up in lynching of minority religions it is all fine.

"The only true religion"

You should go to Iraq or Pakistan and say the same thing down there.

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:20 am

Dyakovo wrote:

Is this the "say stupid things thread"?

You're certainly helping make it that.

Bezkoshtovnya
Senator

Founded: Sep 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Bezkoshtovnya » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:21 am

Soldati senza confini wrote:
Western-Ukraine wrote:This is really some good news from Americas. It's great to see so many Republicans are defending the only true religion. A national religion is never troubling in any way. As long as it doesn't end up in lynching of minority religions it is all fine.

"The only true religion"

"But they're wrong cuz I'm right!"
Dante Alighieri wrote:There is no greater sorrow than to recall happiness in times of misery
Charlie Chaplin wrote:Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles.
ΦΣK
------------------

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:21 am

"The only true religion"

Just because those who disagree with you will commit great violence against you, doesn't make you wrong.

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:22 am

Dyakovo wrote:A: Actually, you would be the one making the mistake of assuming that christianity is a homogeneous concept with your declaration that the US is "culturally christian".

God its like running in circles with you.

A. Not a mistake, the vast majority of America has always been some form of Christian, granted it's lower now than it's ever been, but even now it's still overwhelmingly Christian about 75%.

B. On the law, as has been reiterated going on double digits now.

A: Yes, a mistake. If christianity is not culturally homogeneous, then you can't really claim that the US is culturally christian.
B: You mean the law that would be changed by said amendment? That law? So, in other words, you're just pulling it out of your ass.
Married to Koshka

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:22 am

"The only true religion"

Just because those who disagree with you will commit great violence against you, doesn't make you wrong.

The point.

Your post.

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:23 am

It's not even a fraction of Republicans, but rather people who voted in a Republican Primary.

What makes me laugh is the idea that wanting things that aren't necessarily constitutional is somehow unique to the Republican Party.

Knockturn Alley
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 28, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Knockturn Alley » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:23 am

"The only true religion"

Sure it doesn't...and just because those people will get punished if they initiate violence, doesn't mean they're wrong either...now you see your stupid argument?
Lelouch Lamperouge wrote:The only one who has the right to kill is he who is willing to die himself

Unknown wrote:There is nothing more powerful than an idea whose time has come

Political Compass [OUTDATED]:
Economic Left/Right: -0.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.74
capitalism, free speech, atheism, nature, gun rights, metal music, technology, anime, stoicism, mgtow
traditionalism, racism, religion, virtue-signalling, celebrities, SJWs, PC Culture

Roski
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:24 am

A light majority of a minority wants something?

Sorry guise, that's not quite how it fucking works.
I'm some 17 year old psuedo-libertarian who leans to the left in social terms, is fiercly right economically, and centrist in foriegn policy. Unapologetically Pro-American, Pro-NATO, even if we do fuck up (a lot). If you can find real sources that disagree with me I will change my opinion. Call me IHOP cause I'm always flipping.

Follow my Vex Robotics team on instagram! @3921a_vex

I am the Federal Republic of Roski. I have a population slightly over 256 million with a GDP of 13.92-14.25 trillion. My gross domestic product increases each year between .4%-.1.4%. I have a military with 4.58 million total people, with 1.58 million of those active. My defense spending is 598.5 billion, or 4.2% of my Gross Domestic Product.

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:24 am

Dyakovo wrote:Is this the "say stupid things thread"?

You're certainly helping make it that.

I bet you think that was pretty clever, as opposed to.just a pathetic attempt to deflect from the fact that your claim was completely false.
Married to Koshka

Desperate Measures
Postmaster-General

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Desperate Measures » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:24 am

It's not even a fraction of Republicans, but rather people who voted in a Republican Primary.

What makes me laugh is the idea that wanting things that aren't necessarily constitutional is somehow unique to the Republican Party.

who said that?
"My loathings are simple: stupidity, oppression, crime, cruelty, soft music."
- Vladimir Nabokov US (1899 - 1977)
Also, me.
“Man has such a predilection for systems and abstract deductions that he is ready to distort the truth intentionally, he is ready to deny the evidence of his senses only to justify his logic”
- Fyodor Dostoyevsky Russian Novelist and Writer, 1821-1881
"All Clock Faces Are Wrong." - Gene Ray, Prophet(?) http://www.timecube.com
A simplified maxim on the subject states "An atheist would say, 'I don't believe God exists'; an agnostic would say, 'I don't know whether or not God exists'; and an ignostic would say, 'I don't know what you mean when you say, "God exists" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignosticism

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General