NATION

PASSWORD

Does Reverse Racism exist?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Godular
Forum Moderator

Founded: Sep 09, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:29 pm

Mucius Scaevola wrote:
Scomagia wrote:That depends very much on the country.

Name one country where blacks are a majority and in power while the white man is oppressed.

I like the fact that this post showed up right behind a post talking about Zimbabwe...
Now the moderation team really IS Godmoding.
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

Mucius Scaevola
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Mucius Scaevola » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:30 pm

The Emerald Dragon wrote:
Mucius Scaevola wrote:Goodness, since when has NSG taken the conservative part of an issue?

Yes, reverse racism cannot exist, but it is because blacks cannot discriminate against whites.

:rofl: :palm:

Tell that to Zimbabwe's White farmers.

It is then justified. As far as I know, Zimbabwe was once ruled by the white minority. Fortunately now, it is no longer that way, but they had to fight for independence and those white farmers were holding them back.

Atlanticatia
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Atlanticatia » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:30 pm

'Reverse racism' by the minority against the majority is impossible.

However, prejudice and discrimination is definitely possible. But racism is not.
Economic Left/Right: -5.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.95

Pros: social democracy, LGBT+ rights, pro-choice, free education and health care, environmentalism, Nordic model, secularism, welfare state, multiculturalism
Cons: social conservatism, neoliberalism, hate speech, racism, sexism, 'right-to-work' laws, religious fundamentalism
i'm a dual american-new zealander previously lived in the northeast US, now living in new zealand. university student.
Social Democrat and Progressive.
Hanna Nilsen, Leader of the SDP. Equality, Prosperity, and Opportunity: The Social Democratic Party

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:30 pm

Mucius Scaevola wrote:

It is then justified. As far as I know, Zimbabwe was once ruled by the white minority. Fortunately now, it is no longer that way, but they had to fight for independence and those white farmers were holding them back.

So you support racial discrimination. You're a racist.
Insert trite farewell here

Communist Volkstrad
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 22, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Communist Volkstrad » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:31 pm

Mucius Scaevola wrote:

Discrimination and racism are never justified, regardless of the circumstance or who is perpetrating them.
I'm not actually a communist.

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:31 pm

Reverse racism=racism

Doesn't matter if it's the majority or the minority, it's still racism.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:31 pm

Mucius Scaevola wrote:

Because those white farmers were clearly very powerful political figures who were single handedly responsible for what happened to the black majority.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Mucius Scaevola
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Mucius Scaevola » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:31 pm

Scomagia wrote:
Mucius Scaevola wrote:It is then justified. As far as I know, Zimbabwe was once ruled by the white minority. Fortunately now, it is no longer that way, but they had to fight for independence and those white farmers were holding them back.

So you support racial discrimination. You're a racist.

I am not racist. I have several African-American friends.

I did not know that you supported "White Power", as they say. Only they seem to support reverse racism.

-Ebola-
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby -Ebola- » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:32 pm

If there is reverse racism, does that also mean you can put it in other gears like park and drive?
There are viruses on the internet! Make sure your computer is protected.
African, asexual, and proud.
Racism is foolish. You're all the same inside. I would know.

Romalae
Minister

Founded: May 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Romalae » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:32 pm

Mucius Scaevola wrote:
Scomagia wrote:So you support racial discrimination. You're a racist.

That is the oldest excuse in the book.
Economic Left/Right: -3.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.79

Ideology: somewhere between left-leaning centrism and social democracy
Other: irreligious, white, male

Mucius Scaevola
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Mucius Scaevola » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:32 pm

Atlanticatia wrote:'Reverse racism' by the minority against the majority is impossible.

However, prejudice and discrimination is definitely possible. But racism is not.

If only more people understood this. Yes, a white man may suffer in a predominantly black neighborhood, but that does not make it racism.

Urran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 22, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:33 pm

It's possible for anyone to be racist against any race. I've been the victim of black on hire racism nod bullying despite the fact that I myself am not a racist.
A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it's accepted by a majority.
Proud Coastie
The Blood Ravens wrote: How wonderful. Its like Japan, and 1950''s America had a baby. All the racism of the 50s, and everything else Japanese.

I <3 James May

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
❤BITTEN BY THE VAMPIRE QUEEN OF COOKIES❤

Napkiraly
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Napkiraly » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:33 pm

Mucius Scaevola wrote:Goodness, since when has NSG taken the conservative part of an issue?

Yes, reverse racism cannot exist, but it is because blacks cannot discriminate against whites.

Of course they can.

Racism is racism. If you think another race is inferior, should be treated differently, etc. you're a racist. It doesn't matter if the racist belongs to a minority and his/her racist views are directed towards the majority or plurality.

Mucius Scaevola
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Mucius Scaevola » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:33 pm

Romalae wrote:
Mucius Scaevola wrote:I am not racist. I have several African-American friends.

That is the oldest excuse in the book.

So is the "victim" card.

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:34 pm

Mucius Scaevola wrote:

You support discrimination based on ones skin color.

So, what does it feel like to be a racist?
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:34 pm

-Ebola- wrote:If there is reverse racism, does that also mean you can put it in other gears like park and drive?

Real racism categorization uses manual transmission gearing.

I predict this thread will make it all the way to 5th gear.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:35 pm

Mucius Scaevola wrote:

I did not know that you supported "White Power", as they say. Only they seem to support reverse racism.

Cliche racist response and a strawman?

I'm not paying you any more attention. Your intent here is clear to me and hopefully to everyone else, as well.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:35 pm

Mucius Scaevola wrote:

Nowhere does he say that he supports reverse racism.
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

The New Sea Territory
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Sea Territory » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:35 pm

No, because there is no "reverse" racism. There's just fucking racism.
| Ⓐ | Anarchist Communist | Heideggerian Marxist | Vegetarian | Bisexual | Stirnerite | Slavic/Germanic Pagan | ᛟ |
Solntsa Roshcha --- Postmodern Poyltheist
"Christianity had brutally planted the poisoned blade in the healthy, quivering flesh of all humanity; it had goaded a cold wave
of darkness with mystically brutal fury to dim the serene and festive exultation of the dionysian spirit of our pagan ancestors."
-Renzo Novatore, Verso il Nulla Creatore

Mucius Scaevola
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Mucius Scaevola » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:35 pm

Napkiraly wrote:

Of course they can.

Racism is racism. If you think another race is inferior, should be treated differently, etc. you're a racist. It doesn't matter if the racist belongs to a minority and his/her racist views are directed towards the majority or plurality.

But black people do not think that whites are inferior. Often, they seek equality and tend to bring reality to racist whites, a reality that they cannot handle. Racism is about perspective, but racism is internal and institutional. Racism is not an action!

Godular
Forum Moderator

Founded: Sep 09, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:35 pm

Mucius Scaevola wrote:

Uh oh guys, he has several 'African-American Friends'! This makes him unassailable!

Just because the situation is reversed does not make one okay while the other is not.
Now the moderation team really IS Godmoding.
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

Napkiraly
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Napkiraly » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:36 pm

Atlanticatia wrote:'Reverse racism' by the minority against the majority is impossible.

Of course it is. A black person thinking white people are inferior is just as racist as a white person thinking black people are inferior.

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:37 pm

Racism by a minority against the majority is definitely possible. It's discrimination that is impossible for minorities to impose, at least in an institutionalized sense.

Valkalan
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 26, 2009
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Valkalan » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:37 pm

I would agree with many posters that reverse racism technically does not exist as it is merely other expression of racism. However, the preferential treatment of one race or ethnicity, with the goal of "equalizing" them with the racial or ethnic majority is real. This is a problem as one group can only one can benefit to the exclusion of all others. Ultimately, the public will have to judge individuals, without regard to their many differences, as opposed to vague groups.
वज्रमात अस्ता रिजथम

The Directorate of Valkalan is a federation of autonomous city-states which operate a joint military and share uniform commercial and civil law and a common foreign policy, and which is characterized by wealth, intrigue, and advanced technology.

Urran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 22, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:37 pm

Racism is the discrimination against, or belief that one race is superior to the other. By that definition, which is is the minority and which is the majority is immaterial.
A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it's accepted by a majority.
Proud Coastie
The Blood Ravens wrote: How wonderful. Its like Japan, and 1950''s America had a baby. All the racism of the 50s, and everything else Japanese.

I <3 James May

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
❤BITTEN BY THE VAMPIRE QUEEN OF COOKIES❤

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General