NATION

PASSWORD

I see TET people

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Trevor Phillip Enterprises
Minister

Founded: Oct 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Trevor Phillip Enterprises » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:42 pm

Stagnant Axon Terminal wrote:Okay well I just had a moment of "fuck what do I do"
so I'm writing this story, but... I have no idea what my end goal should be. With basically all of my other non-continual stories I have had an end goal, but I don't have one for this and it feels very wrong.

Just make it the first thing you can come up with. Now you may be saying "my first idea would probably be terrible and affect the direction of the content" to which I say, do it anyway. When you are near the end of the story, reveal a shamalan-esque twist out of no where that will force the story to fit with your ending.

Vancon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:42 pm

Stagnant Axon Terminal wrote:
Vancon wrote:The journey is more important then the end sometimes. Is this one of those times?

No, I have to know when I reach "the end."

Why though? IF at all else, have your MC end up right where he began, and make some kind of poetic goal out of all of it.

Otherwise, check out this thread. They can probably help you.
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

Imperializt Russia wrote:
The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Well what the fuck do you use for lube?

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Rupudska wrote:I avoid NSG like one would avoid ISIS-occupied Syria.
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Which just so happens to be within the next half-hour

Shyluz wrote:Van, Sci-fi Generallisimo

U18 2nd Cutest NS'er 2015
Best Role Play - Science Fiction 2015: Athena Program

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:43 pm

Vancon wrote:The journey is more important then the end sometimes. Is this one of those times?

No, I have to know when I reach "the end."

You could try and think of it right now before keep writing. Just so you know where to transition to the ending.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Stagnant Axon Terminal
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stagnant Axon Terminal » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:43 pm

Trevor Phillip Enterprises wrote:
Stagnant Axon Terminal wrote:Okay well I just had a moment of "fuck what do I do"
so I'm writing this story, but... I have no idea what my end goal should be. With basically all of my other non-continual stories I have had an end goal, but I don't have one for this and it feels very wrong.

Just make it the first thing you can come up with. Now you may be saying "my first idea would probably be terrible and affect the direction of the content" to which I say, do it anyway. When you are near the end of the story, reveal a shamalan-esque twist out of no where that will force the story to fit with your ending.

okay but here is the problem
I literally cannot think of anything
this is why I have avoided long, one-shot works for so long.
TET's resident state assessment exam
My sworn enemy is the Toyota 4Runner
I scream a lot.
Also, I'm gonna fuck your girlfriend.
Nanatsu No Tsuki wrote:the fetus will never eat cake if you abort it

Cu Math wrote:Axon is like a bear with a PH.D. She debates at first, then eats your face.
The Empire of Pretantia wrote:THE MAN'S PENIS HAS LEFT THE VAGINA. IT'S THE UTERUS'S TURN TO SHINE.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:44 pm

Vancon wrote:
Stagnant Axon Terminal wrote:No, I have to know when I reach "the end."

Why though? IF at all else, have your MC end up right where he began, and make some kind of poetic goal out of all of it.

Otherwise, check out this thread. They can probably help you.

Having an over goal or idea of where your plot is going is good. I'd say necessary. That goal may mutate but to have an overall idea, preferable.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:45 pm

Trevor Phillip Enterprises wrote:Just make it the first thing you can come up with. Now you may be saying "my first idea would probably be terrible and affect the direction of the content" to which I say, do it anyway. When you are near the end of the story, reveal a shamalan-esque twist out of no where that will force the story to fit with your ending.

Just throw words together. Just let your mind flow. Maybe you choose you break the fourth wall? Maybe you think of a pink dinosaur that comes out of no where and eats the mc? I don't know, but let your imagination flow through you.
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:45 pm

Trevor Phillip Enterprises wrote:Just make it the first thing you can come up with. Now you may be saying "my first idea would probably be terrible and affect the direction of the content" to which I say, do it anyway. When you are near the end of the story, reveal a shamalan-esque twist out of no where that will force the story to fit with your ending.

Just read it and do something like carry the story to its most logical conclusion?
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Trevor Phillip Enterprises » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:46 pm

Vancon wrote:
Stagnant Axon Terminal wrote:okay but here is the problem

Just throw words together. Just let your mind flow. Maybe you choose you break the fourth wall? Maybe you think of a pink dinosaur that comes out of no where and eats the mc? I don't know, but let your imagination flow through you.

...is that how Barney the Dinosaur came to be? If so, IGNORE WHAT I SAID. WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER BARNEY THE DINOSAUR!!
Last edited by Trevor Phillip Enterprises on Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stagnant Axon Terminal
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Stagnant Axon Terminal » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:46 pm

Vancon wrote:
Stagnant Axon Terminal wrote:okay but here is the problem

what even
I scream a lot.

Cu Math wrote:Axon is like a bear with a PH.D. She debates at first, then eats your face.
The Empire of Pretantia wrote:THE MAN'S PENIS HAS LEFT THE VAGINA. IT'S THE UTERUS'S TURN TO SHINE.

Mike the Progressive
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mike the Progressive » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:47 pm

Oh shit... I just got the title of this thread haha

Sosi
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Sosi » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:47 pm

My nation, I'll make it hell.
Have you seen my poetry?

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Trevor Phillip Enterprises » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:48 pm

Sosi wrote:My nation, I'll make it hell.

Can I help you with that?

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:48 pm

Mike the Progressive wrote:Oh shit... I just got the title of this thread haha

Don't slack, Mickey! :p
Slava Ukraini
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:48 pm

Vancon wrote:Just throw words together. Just let your mind flow. Maybe you choose you break the fourth wall? Maybe you think of a pink dinosaur that comes out of no where and eats the mc? I don't know, but let your imagination flow through you.

what even

Look at your wall. What's the first word that comes to your mind? Write it down. What word comes from you thinking that word? Write it down.

Rinse, wash and repeat until you get maybe 20 words and think of a way they can go into your plot or describe an action that happens.

Mike the Progressive
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Mike the Progressive » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:49 pm

Vancon wrote:Just throw words together. Just let your mind flow. Maybe you choose you break the fourth wall? Maybe you think of a pink dinosaur that comes out of no where and eats the mc? I don't know, but let your imagination flow through you.

what even

Imagination, bro. Huey Lewis sang about the power of it. Or was it love? Either way. Imagination. Break that fourth wall. Fuck that pink dinosaur. YEAAAH!!!

Mike the Progressive
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Mike the Progressive » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:50 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Mike the Progressive wrote:Oh shit... I just got the title of this thread haha

I know right? haha I think I'm working too much.

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:50 pm

Mike the Progressive wrote:
Stagnant Axon Terminal wrote:what even

Imagination, bro. Huey Lewis sang about the power of it. Or was it love? Either way. Imagination. Break that fourth wall. Fuck that pink dinosaur. YEAAAH!!!

YEAH MOTHERFUCKER YEAH!

See? This guy's got it.

Mike the Progressive
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Mike the Progressive » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:51 pm

Vancon wrote:
Mike the Progressive wrote:Imagination, bro. Huey Lewis sang about the power of it. Or was it love? Either way. Imagination. Break that fourth wall. Fuck that pink dinosaur. YEAAAH!!!

YEAH MOTHERFUCKER YEAH!

See? This guy's got it.

Yea, son. Give me a high five. Up high! Down low, now dick five....wait what?

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:51 pm

Vancon wrote:YEAH MOTHERFUCKER YEAH!

See? This guy's got it.

How about no?

Stagnant Axon Terminal
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Stagnant Axon Terminal » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:52 pm

Vancon wrote:
Stagnant Axon Terminal wrote:what even

Look at your wall. What's the first word that comes to your mind? Write it down. What word comes from you thinking that word? Write it down.

Rinse, wash and repeat until you get maybe 20 words and think of a way they can go into your plot or describe an action that happens.

*looks at wall*
Don't think cockroaches fits well into a romance story...
I scream a lot.

Mike the Progressive
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Mike the Progressive » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:53 pm

Vancon wrote:

How about no?

Bro, don't take this the wrong way. But I don't swing that way. It's not me, obviously. Its you.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Trevor Phillip Enterprises » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:53 pm

Vancon wrote:

How about no?

...I'll do the dick five if that is ok...
Last edited by Trevor Phillip Enterprises on Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:54 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

I know right? haha I think I'm working too much.

That'll do it. Gotta find a way to relax, man.
Slava Ukraini

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:55 pm

Vancon wrote:Look at your wall. What's the first word that comes to your mind? Write it down. What word comes from you thinking that word? Write it down.

*looks at wall*
Don't think cockroaches fits well into a romance story...

I think they do.

They fuck up the mood, can cause the dominante one to save the submissive one, can be used as an adjective for a third person to try and intervene, thus making the dominant one try to defend the submissive one and have some kind of ''nothing is stronger then love'' climax, but then have ninjas come out and fuck it up at the lest second.

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:55 pm

Vancon wrote:How about no?

Bro, don't take this the wrong way. But I don't swing that way. It's not me, obviously. Its you.

We both don't swing that way...yet.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General