NATION

PASSWORD

Chapel Hill shooting: Three Muslims murdered, motive unclear

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:08 am

Creepoc Infinite wrote:
American California wrote:Sounds like he was just some angry nut.

Fedora-wearing atheist heavyweights love to talk the talk about how they wanna kill religious people, but they hardly ever walk the walk.

Never once has any represent ive of the atheist community ever said anything like that.
If they have... CITATION PLEASE

I will say that there are probably regular everyday atheist internet users who say that.
But threats are barely ever serious threats.
And saying they wanna kill religious people sounds more like internet trolling or purely being sarcastic or in jest.

Not only do we not talk that talk but we barely have ever even thought of walking that walk.

I hope you're sarcastic.

There seems to be a double standard. Whenever someone of a specific religion- and particularly Muslim- kills someone every other Muslim in the world is expected to own up to the killing even if they vocally disavow the killer. But the moment someone atheist kills someone there's a scramble for atheists to disavow the killer and not once are they expected to own up to the killing.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Creepoc Infinite
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Creepoc Infinite » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:13 am

Gauthier wrote:
Creepoc Infinite wrote:Never once has any represent ive of the atheist community ever said anything like that.
If they have... CITATION PLEASE

I will say that there are probably regular everyday atheist internet users who say that.
But threats are barely ever serious threats.
And saying they wanna kill religious people sounds more like internet trolling or purely being sarcastic or in jest.

Not only do we not talk that talk but we barely have ever even thought of walking that walk.

I hope you're sarcastic.

There seems to be a double standard. Whenever someone of a specific religion- and particularly Muslim- kills someone every other Muslim in the world is expected to own up to the killing even if they vocally disavow the killer. But the moment someone atheist kills someone there's a scramble for atheists to disavow the killer and not once are they expected to own up to the killing.

In the case of Muslim terrorists, they killed folks because of religious beliefs.
Atheists have no such beliefs nor anything similar.

And we already have evidence that the killings happened clearly for reasons completely separate from the man's atheism
Signed, Creepoc Infinite
Secularism should be implemented everywhere at all times, get god out of politics. Get god away from impressionable children while you're at it.
check out my region, here.
Star Wars:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=328953

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:14 am

Creepoc Infinite wrote:
Gauthier wrote:

In the case of Muslim terrorists, they killed folks because of religious beliefs.

And we already have evidence that the killings happened clearly for reasons completely separate from the man's atheism

So you're saying Muslims only kill for religious reasons and atheists never kill because of contempt for religion? Good to know.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.

Creepoc Infinite
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Creepoc Infinite » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:22 am

Gauthier wrote:
Creepoc Infinite wrote:In the case of Muslim terrorists, they killed folks because of religious beliefs.

So you're saying Muslims only kill for religious reasons and atheists never kill because of contempt for religion? Good to know.

Only a Sith deals in absolutes, I am no Sith.
There is more nuanced involved yes, but in the case of Muslim terrorist? Typically yes.
Signed, Creepoc Infinite
Secularism should be implemented everywhere at all times, get god out of politics. Get god away from impressionable children while you're at it.

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:35 am

Creepoc Infinite wrote:
Gauthier wrote:

Only a Sith deals in absolutes, I am no Sith.
There is more nuanced involved yes, but in the case of Muslim terrorist? Typically yes.

And that is the point I'm making. No matter the reason for a killing, if a Muslim did it the general perception is that it's religious terrorism. If the killer is atheist, no matter the reason it's "Oh no! Atheists have no belief, so they can never kill because they have contempt for religion!"

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:36 am

Gauthier wrote:
Creepoc Infinite wrote:Only a Sith deals in absolutes, I am no Sith.

And that is the point I'm making. No matter the reason for a killing, if a Muslim did it the general perception is that it's religious terrorism. If the killer is atheist, no matter the reason it's "Oh no! Atheists have no belief, so they can never kill because they have contempt for religion!"

Considering atheists do not have contempt for religion that would indeed be a silly statement.
An antitheist otoh can most certainly kill people for that reason.
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

Creepoc Infinite
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Creepoc Infinite » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:37 am

Gauthier wrote:
Creepoc Infinite wrote:Only a Sith deals in absolutes, I am no Sith.

Then he would've killied "in contempt of religion" not because he is an atheist.
And if it was contempt of religion, why wouldn't he kill a Christian? They effect American life waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than Muslims do
Signed, Creepoc Infinite

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General