NATION

PASSWORD

Is it right to sell Tame Foxes?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Lord Tothe
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Lord Tothe » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:09 am

fascinating video, and I see no moral or ethical problem with foxes as pets.
The Empire of Pretantia wrote:[...] TLDR; welcome to the internet. Bicker or GTFO.
"Why is self-control, autonomy, such a threat to authority? Because the person who controls himself, who is his own master, has no need for an authority to be his master. This, then, renders authority unemployed. What is he to do if he cannot control others? To be sure, he could mind his own business. But that is a fatuous answer, for those who are satisfied to mind their own business do not aspire to become authorities." ~ Thomas Szasz

Milks Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Milks Empire » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:10 am

Slaytesics wrote:
Milks Empire wrote:
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:There are no such think as tame foxes. There are only tamer foxes. I suspect that like pet skunks, they're a lot harder to care for than people think and most people won't realize the commitment necessary until it's too late.

^ This. Fuck right or wrong; that it's a terrible idea for all involved is reason enough for banning it.

Why would it be, I don't think you went to the site and watched the video sir, IGNORE CANNON

You presume much and have no way of knowing whether or not I did watch it. As for the answer to the inevitable question of whether or not I watched it, I don't believe that's any of your fucking business. So fire the IGNORE Cannon. That you would do so on such stupid grounds is proof positive that the likes of you are not worth my time. And for the record, I said nothing about morals. They do not belong in this discussion.
Last edited by Milks Empire on Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 12, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:12 am

This is morally wrong.
American Orthodox: one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

Slaytesics
Minister

Founded: Aug 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Slaytesics » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:16 am

Milks Empire wrote:
Slaytesics wrote:
Milks Empire wrote:
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:There are no such think as tame foxes. There are only tamer foxes. I suspect that like pet skunks, they're a lot harder to care for than people think and most people won't realize the commitment necessary until it's too late.

^ This. Fuck right or wrong; that it's a terrible idea for all involved is reason enough for banning it.

Why would it be, I don't think you went to the site and watched the video sir, IGNORE CANNON

You presume much and have no way of knowing whether or not I did watch it. As for the answer to the inevitable question of whether or not I watched it, I don't believe that's any of your fucking business. So fire the IGNORE Cannon. That you would do so on such stupid grounds is proof positive that the likes of you are not worth my time. And for the record, I said nothing about morals. They do not belong in this discussion.

But, Morals do belong, that is what the discussion is about.
My favorite quotes.

Ballotonia wrote:Total BS.
Wanna meet girls? Go play Farmville.
Ballotonia

Timurid Empire wrote:I do not understand people like this. How can you fear any human being or interaction with them? We are all Human, and we all bleed the same. Unless their a Hemophiliac.

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:(Image)

Ranbo wrote:Heey! I'm not perv!

You name it, you claim it. You were the one that thought of it in the first place. :p

Slaytesics
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Slaytesics » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:16 am

The Parkus Empire wrote:This is morally wrong.

See, atleast someone uses morals
My favorite quotes.

Ballotonia

Timurid Empire wrote:I do not understand people like this. How can you fear any human being or interaction with them? We are all Human, and we all bleed the same. Unless their a Hemophiliac.

You name it, you claim it. You were the one that thought of it in the first place. :p

Slaytesics
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Slaytesics » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:17 am

Lord Tothe wrote:fascinating video, and I see no moral or ethical problem with foxes as pets.

:)

See, Morals, you may not agree with his/her morals, but atleast think about morals.
My favorite quotes.

Ballotonia

Slaytesics
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Slaytesics » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:18 am

Milks Empire wrote:
Slaytesics wrote:
Milks Empire wrote:

Look, I want your opinion after watching the video, my morals on this are varied depending on the situation
My favorite quotes.

Ballotonia

Meoton
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 10, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Meoton » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:26 am

They have been bred to be tame. They are probably not as easy to care for as an average dog, but there are breeds of dog that require more care than the average dog.

If they have a good owner or even an average owner, the foxes will definitely be better off as a pet than a fur coat.
Ignorance is curable. Stupidity is for life.
"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"
"Have some Kool-aid" - Jim Jones
An obsession with guns is often a sign of a small penis. - S. Fraud

Blitzkrenia
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Blitzkrenia » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:35 am

Until it's about tame kitsunes, I'm not debating. :p
"Seriousness is the only refuge of the shallow." -Oscar Wilde

Cameroi
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Cameroi » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:48 am

it's not "right" to SELL ANY living organizm.
but to share your house with one you know the needs of,
and love and care for and can and do provide for those needs,
absolutely yes.

limiting comensals to dogs and cats has created an environmental
catastrophy comparable to, and right alone with, and of course because of,
human overpopulation.

a greater diversity of other life form companions is a GOOD thing, a VERY GOOD thing.
capturing them in the wild, to be SOLD to unsuspecting status seekers, ignorant of,
and indifferent to their needs, THAT is a very BAD thing.

you want to stop some poor kid out in the jungle from making a buck
by capturing and raising infant wild creatures, do so by outlawing the SALE of ANY and ALL species,
and not just of foxes,
NOT by banning their responsible friends from sharing their homes with them.
truth isn't what i say. isn't what you say. isn't what anybody says. truth is what is there, when no one is saying anything.

"economic freedom" is "the cake"
=^^=
.../\...

JuNii
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 22, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby JuNii » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:13 am

Riaka wrote:So... what exactly might be considered wrong about selling tame foxes? Besides some rather anti-social sorts I knew in school, who cares?

the only thing wrong would be the legality... just because it's ok in Russia, doesn't mean it's legal everywhere else.

that and the idea that these foxes might go feral due to some stupid owner not being responsible enough... :palm:
on the other hand... I have another set of fingers.

Unscramble these words...1) PNEIS. 2)HTIELR 3) NGGERI 4) BUTTSXE
1) SPINE. 2) LITHER 3)GINGER 4)SUBTEXT

Cameroi
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Cameroi » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:25 am

JuNii wrote:
Riaka wrote:So... what exactly might be considered wrong about selling tame foxes? Besides some rather anti-social sorts I knew in school, who cares?

the only thing wrong would be the legality... just because it's ok in Russia, doesn't mean it's legal everywhere else.

that and the idea that these foxes might go feral due to some stupid owner not being responsible enough... :palm:

laws are made by humans, they are not standards of morality.
there are totally other none the less very good reasons to fallow them.
but when i look at the question, i see it in terms of CHANGING laws, not of breaking them.

feral foxes?
they're everywhere and most people don't even know they're there and never see them.
yes, that means every city already now.

no it's not right to SELL ANY animal.
but to give them a welcome place to live,
if one does the homework to know what that requires,
sorry no, that would not only not be wrong, but very very right,
and i do seriously advocate changing laws to make it legal.

as in my imaginary cameroi it certainly is.
truth isn't what i say. isn't what you say. isn't what anybody says. truth is what is there, when no one is saying anything.

"economic freedom" is "the cake"
=^^=
.../\...

Lord Tothe
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Lord Tothe » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:32 am

Cameroi wrote:
JuNii wrote:

laws are made by humans, they are not standards of morality.
but when i look at the question, i see it in terms of CHANGING laws, not of breaking them.

feral foxes?
they're everywhere and most people don't even know they're there and never see them.

no it's not right to SELL ANY animal.
but to give them a welcome place to live,
if one does the homework to know what that requires,
sorry no, that would not only not be wrong, but very very right,

as in my imaginary cameroi it certainly is.

Why is it not right to sell an animal? The breeder has invested time, money, land, and effort in making these animals tame. There are people who are willing to trade their money for this product of the breeder's efforts. Where is the immorality?
The Empire of Pretantia wrote:[...] TLDR; welcome to the internet. Bicker or GTFO.
"Why is self-control, autonomy, such a threat to authority? Because the person who controls himself, who is his own master, has no need for an authority to be his master. This, then, renders authority unemployed. What is he to do if he cannot control others? To be sure, he could mind his own business. But that is a fatuous answer, for those who are satisfied to mind their own business do not aspire to become authorities." ~ Thomas Szasz

JuNii
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 22, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby JuNii » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:36 am

Cameroi wrote:laws are made by humans, they are not standards of morality.

two points.
1) Riaka did not ask about what is MORALLY wrong, just what is wrong
2) many of those laws that restrict 'exotic' pets are not for people, but to protect the animals.

Cameroi wrote:feral foxes?
the difference being, those 'Wild' not feral foxes have their fear of humans. these won't have that fear.

Cameroi wrote:no it's not right to SELL ANY animal.
and this is the excuse that most irrisponsible people would use. why?
Cameroi wrote:but to give them a welcome place to live,
can't buy or sell animals, yet you will pump them with drugs (medicines), mutilate their sexual reproductive organs(Spayed or Neutering) and change their behavior (feeding them) and generally removing their healthy respect of humans... yet you can't buy or sell them? people who tend to believe that one cannot and should not 'own' animals, won't care for their health, nor will they take the precautions that other pet owners take.
Cameroi wrote:if one does the homework to know what that requires,
mighty big IF.
Cameroi wrote:sorry no, that would not only not be wrong, but very very right,
and for the US, it's on a state by state basis. and you can blame those that don't do research or those that don't take care of their 'Pets' that is the cause for such laws. 8)

due to some careless individuals, crayfish cannot be brought into Hawaii as pets. that sucks. :(
on the other hand... I have another set of fingers.

Unscramble these words...1) PNEIS. 2)HTIELR 3) NGGERI 4) BUTTSXE
1) SPINE. 2) LITHER 3)GINGER 4)SUBTEXT

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General