NATION

PASSWORD

Life of a Commoner in an anarchist society

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:08 pm

Sibirsky wrote:
Genivaria wrote:And why should they care about those precedents? Are they not competitors?

Because that's what makes it profitable.

Bullshit laws would not exist, for the most part. As it would not be profitable to enforce them.

Oh, it's very profitable to enforce bullshit laws.

"Every time you criticize the PMC, that's a fine of five golden pieces (All Hail The Mighty Gold Standard)."
Last edited by Conserative Morality on Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Liberty and Linguistics
Senator

Founded: Jan 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Liberty and Linguistics » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:08 pm

Ripoll wrote:We need a central authority to have true freedom

While a central government does need to exist, what is true freedom? I feel that's a vague term that can be interpreted in many ways? Is it a society where people are free to do what they choose, or is it your ideal society?
I am: Cynic, Depressive, Junior in HS, Arizonan, Sarcastic, Wannabe Psychologist, Lover of Cinema and Rum.

Ziggy played guitar....
For ISIS | On Israel and its settlements | Flat Taxes are beneficial for all | OOC, Baby | Probably Accurate.

Sibirsky
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 22, 2009
Anarchy

Postby Sibirsky » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:09 pm

Democratic Koyro wrote:
Sibirsky wrote:Depends on the society. There could be private courts with different brands of law.

There would be no courts or laws. Just psychopathic mass killers roaming the streets as people huddle around fires in the ruins of what used to be civilization.

:palm:
Free market capitalism, path to prosperity
Свободный рынок капитализма, путь к процветанию
IBC 7 Finalists
8 Gold, 9 Silver, 2 Bronze medals IV Summer Olympics
2 Silver, 4 Bronze medals V Winter Olympics
Golfinator Classic Champion
Scott Cup I Champions
World Bowl 11 4th Place

Edgy Opinions
Senator

Founded: Dec 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Edgy Opinions » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:09 pm

Anyway, as I said, I find this discussion to be unfruitful. We don't have how to predict life here in 1000 years.

I particularly think that if communism's final stage is best described as actually minarchist, it'd be enough for my own ideological views.
Kotturheim's contagious despair.
100% self-impressed 20-year-old cadoneutrois-pangender imprigender genderblur fluidflux bi-pan/gray-ace/gray-aro Brazilian.
Into: your gender, anarchism/communism, obliteration of kyriarchy, environment, other obvious '-10.00, -9.13 in political compass' stuff
Anti: your gender (undo it interacting with me), Born This Way (also medicalism/pathologization/eugenics), outer space, abuse/predation, owners, power, hierarchy, internalization/privilege goggles (essential to the continuity of identity with power/hierarchy systems), essentialism/determinism, nihilism/defeatism

Liberty and Linguistics
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Liberty and Linguistics » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:09 pm

Sibirsky wrote:
Democratic Koyro wrote:
There would be no courts or laws. Just psychopathic mass killers roaming the streets as people huddle around fires in the ruins of what used to be civilization.

:palm:

Alright, for one, a facepalm isn't an argument. While I disagree with Koyro's points, and the concept of anarchism, I do feel that the self proclaimed silver medal debate winner could actually debate.
Last edited by Liberty and Linguistics on Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am: Cynic, Depressive, Junior in HS, Arizonan, Sarcastic, Wannabe Psychologist, Lover of Cinema and Rum.

Ziggy played guitar....
For ISIS | On Israel and its settlements | Flat Taxes are beneficial for all | OOC, Baby | Probably Accurate.

Murkwood
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Murkwood » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:10 pm

Anarchists: How would your anarchy be any different from Somalia? People are making and enforcing their own laws. Now, these laws usually involve beheadings, but isn't no state what you want?
Degenerate Heart of HetRio wrote:Murkwood, I'm surprised you're not an anti-Semite and don't mind most LGBT rights because boy, aren't you a constellation of the worst opinions to have about everything? o_o

Benuty wrote:I suppose Ken Ham, and the league of Republican-Neocolonialist-Zionist Catholics will not be pleased.

Soldati senza confini wrote:Did I just try to rationalize Murkwood's logic? Please shoot me.

Catholicism has the fullness of the splendor of truth: The Bible and the Church Fathers agree!

Geilinor
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Geilinor » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:10 pm

Sibirsky wrote:
Wolfmanne wrote:But what if a number of shareholders had invested into my PMC to the point that I had monopoly power (defined as having a market share of more than 25% - let's say in this instance, I'd have 75% market share). There really isn't much stopping me from saying 'right, you're now paying the Wolfmanne tax. I'm not gonna lie and say this is protection money or a revolutionary tax etc, this is a tax on your life. If you don't pay, you die. Our Board of Directors and shareholders at Wolfmanne's PMC ltd have endorsed this as company policy, kthxbai'.

You won't have monopoly power. No one has the wealth necessary for that to happen.

In an anarchist society, a company with 75% can organize groups to drive the remaining 25% out.
Member of the Free Democratic Party. Not left. Not right. Forward.
Economic Left/Right: -1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:10 pm

The Liberated Territories wrote:Well unless you managed to find yourself on a place with a lot of uranium, you'll probably have to purchase it. The court can merely ask whoever sold it to you, or drove it, or perhaps a third party who knows about it and isn't under contract.

You're already assuming people in the area know about my plans to build a nuke, or that I'm ordering fissile material.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.

Sibirsky
Post Czar

Anarchy

Postby Sibirsky » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:10 pm

Murkwood wrote:
Sibirsky wrote:There would be no government, no taxes and fewer laws. Prices would be lower, incomes higher. But out of pocket expenses for certain things would increase, as they would no longer be provided by the government and paid for with taxes.

Also, your chances of getting shot or stabbed shoot through the roof.

So you claim. With no evidence to back up your claim, whatsoever.
IBC 7 Finalists
Scott Cup I Champions
World Bowl 11 4th Place

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:11 pm

Murkwood wrote:Anarchists: How would your anarchy be any different from Somalia? People are making and enforcing their own laws. Now, these laws usually involve beheadings, but isn't no state what you want?

Somalia has one half of a functioning, if unrepresentative, interim government, and one half of warring clans and rival Islamist groups enforcing their only little microstates on the region.

Anarchy wouldn't have the former.

Edgy Opinions
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Edgy Opinions » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:11 pm

Ripoll wrote:We need a central authority to have true freedom

Being threatened with prison sentences and wage slavery while you contribute to the community and isn't actually harming others is the opposite of obtaining purer forms of freedom. (I can't actually conceive a full form of freedom, and so can't you, exactly because we were socially immersed in societies/cultures where arbitrariness is the rule.)
100% self-impressed 20-year-old cadoneutrois-pangender imprigender genderblur fluidflux bi-pan/gray-ace/gray-aro Brazilian.
Into: your gender, anarchism/communism, obliteration of kyriarchy, environment, other obvious '-10.00, -9.13 in political compass' stuff
Anti: your gender (undo it interacting with me), Born This Way (also medicalism/pathologization/eugenics), outer space, abuse/predation, owners, power, hierarchy, internalization/privilege goggles (essential to the continuity of identity with power/hierarchy systems), essentialism/determinism, nihilism/defeatism

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:11 pm

Sibirsky wrote:You won't have monopoly power. No one has the wealth necessary for that to happen.

Regional monopolies are very easy to achieve.

Geilinor
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Geilinor » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:12 pm

Liberty and Linguistics wrote:
Sibirsky wrote: :palm:

I do feel that the self proclaimed silver medal debate winner could actually debate.

That was way back when he was better known around here.

Liberty and Linguistics
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Liberty and Linguistics » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:12 pm

Murkwood wrote:Anarchists: How would your anarchy be any different from Somalia? People are making and enforcing their own laws. Now, these laws usually involve beheadings, but isn't no state what you want?

Murkwood, the anarchy=Somalia argument is a hackneyed argument that makes us statists look bad. Saying that Somalia is a model anarchy ignores the historical background and civil war in Somalia. Somalia lacks a central government because of the sheer lawlessness they've seen in the last few decades. The lack of a central government didn't cause lawlessness, it was vice versa.

A anarchist society would have tons of problems, but to say that a anarchist country would have people running around slaughtering each other implies that humans aren't usually rational, good people.

Ziggy played guitar....

Murkwood
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Murkwood » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:12 pm

Sibirsky wrote:
Murkwood wrote:Also, your chances of getting shot or stabbed shoot through the roof.

So you claim. With no evidence to back up your claim, whatsoever.

It's common sense. If you will not be sought after by a central authority, you are more likely to commit a crime.
Degenerate Heart of HetRio wrote:Murkwood, I'm surprised you're not an anti-Semite and don't mind most LGBT rights because boy, aren't you a constellation of the worst opinions to have about everything? o_o

Benuty wrote:I suppose Ken Ham, and the league of Republican-Neocolonialist-Zionist Catholics will not be pleased.

Soldati senza confini wrote:Did I just try to rationalize Murkwood's logic? Please shoot me.

Catholicism has the fullness of the splendor of truth: The Bible and the Church Fathers agree!

Sibirsky
Post Czar

Anarchy

Postby Sibirsky » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:12 pm

Geilinor wrote:
Sibirsky wrote:There would be no government, no taxes and fewer laws. Prices would be lower, incomes higher. But out of pocket expenses for certain things would increase, as they would no longer be provided by the government and paid for with taxes.

So nothing will change. If it balances out in the end, why should we adopt anarchy?

There would be plenty of change. You would have more choice, in terms of what you spend money on, and how much you spend.
IBC 7 Finalists
Scott Cup I Champions
World Bowl 11 4th Place

Edgy Opinions
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Edgy Opinions » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:12 pm

Somalia has parallel institutions of power with more capability than the more legitimized central structure, rather than ABOLITION of institutions of power.

Sibirsky
Post Czar

Anarchy

Postby Sibirsky » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:13 pm

Democratic Koyro wrote:

Pure nonsense.

Said the person that does not even know what anarchy means.
IBC 7 Finalists
Scott Cup I Champions
World Bowl 11 4th Place

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:13 pm

Sibirsky wrote:There would be plenty of change. You would have more choice, in terms of what you spend money on, and how much you spend.

Sibirsky wrote:So you claim. With no evidence to back up your claim, whatsoever.

Murkwood
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Murkwood » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:13 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:

Somalia has one half of a functioning, if unrepresentative, interim government, and one half of warring clans and rival Islamist groups enforcing their only little microstates on the region.

Anarchy wouldn't have the former.

No, Anarchy would have the former. Who is going stop someone from establishing their own state?

Geilinor
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Geilinor » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:13 pm

Liberty and Linguistics wrote:

Murkwood, the anarchy=Somalia argument is a hackneyed argument that makes us statists look bad. Saying that Somalia is a model anarchy ignores the historical background and civil war in Somalia. Somalia lacks a central government because of the sheer lawlessness they've seen in the last few decades. The lack of a central government didn't cause lawlessness, it was vice versa.

A anarchist society would have tons of problems, but to say that a anarchist country would have people running around slaughtering each other implies that humans aren't usually rational, good people.

The only way a central government will be abolished is civil war and lawlessness.

Sibirsky
Post Czar

Anarchy

Postby Sibirsky » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:14 pm

Murkwood wrote:
Sibirsky wrote:The government farms the land and transports the food all over the world, obviously.

Why would the government do that?

It's called sarcasm.
IBC 7 Finalists
Scott Cup I Champions
World Bowl 11 4th Place

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:14 pm

Murkwood wrote:No, Anarchy would have the former. Who is going stop someone from establishing their own state?

You ever seen efforts to establish a state?

Shit's hard. It'd take a few weeks, at least.

Wolfmanne
Senator

Founded: Mar 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Wolfmanne » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:14 pm

Sibirsky wrote:
Wolfmanne wrote:But what if a number of shareholders had invested into my PMC to the point that I had monopoly power (defined as having a market share of more than 25% - let's say in this instance, I'd have 75% market share). There really isn't much stopping me from saying 'right, you're now paying the Wolfmanne tax. I'm not gonna lie and say this is protection money or a revolutionary tax etc, this is a tax on your life. If you don't pay, you die. Our Board of Directors and shareholders at Wolfmanne's PMC ltd have endorsed this as company policy, kthxbai'.

You won't have monopoly power. No one has the wealth necessary for that to happen.

The last sentence means nothing. If more than 25% of transactions within my industry are towards my PMC, I have monopoly power. Simple. Total wealth means nothing. But having a high market shares generally correlates to higher revenue and more revenue = higher economies of scale, meaning that I can produce a large number of the tanks, helicopters and firearms I need for everyone to pay the Wolfmanne tax.
Cicero thinks I'm Rome's Helen of Troy and Octavian thinks he'll get his money, the stupid fools.

The Liberated Territories
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 03, 2013
Capitalizt

Postby The Liberated Territories » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:14 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:
The Liberated Territories wrote:Well unless you managed to find yourself on a place with a lot of uranium, you'll probably have to purchase it. The court can merely ask whoever sold it to you, or drove it, or perhaps a third party who knows about it and isn't under contract.

You're already assuming people in the area know about my plans to build a nuke, or that I'm ordering fissile material.

You think people are merely ordering uranium to power their kitchen?

"Hurr durr hey I'd like to buy five tons of uranium please. Oh no, I just need it to power my nuclear microwave."
Left Wing Market Anarchism

Yes, I am back(ish)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General