NATION

PASSWORD

Would they ban God on NSG?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

HC Eredivisie
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby HC Eredivisie » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:44 am

Kryozerkia wrote:
Karsol wrote:
Kryozerkia wrote:If he violated the rules, which is entirely possible. If and when that would happen, I'd be first in line with my finger on the DEAT button.

I always wondered. What does DEAT stand for?

DEAT = deleted

It is a term from a long way's back. It started out as a typo. Someone who had been banned, instead of typing "death" wound up typing "deat", and for some reason it stuck. It is now the site's slang for a nation that's been deleted.

Wasn't that Neutered Sputniks making a typo when deleting someone? :unsure:
Hail Richard, Chief Warlock of the Brothers of Darkness, Lord of the Thirteen Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead and the mayor of a little village up the coast.
+7656 posts, Joined 16 april 2003

Het Vijfde Nederlandse Topic met 1461 stemmen, 8070 posts en 144.700 views.
25-01-2005 - 08-06-2009

Karsol
Senator

Founded: Jan 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Karsol » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:46 am

As a potential Dualist I could say that god fucked off once he created the universe and started the evolutionary process and left an idiot in charge, the deputy manager.

Jesus was an envoy of the original god, but was killed by the deputy manager for job security.
Last edited by Karsol on Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
01010000 01100101 01101110 01101001 01110011 00100001 00100001 00100001
Ronald Reagan: "Well, what do you believe in? Do you want to abolish the rich?"
Olof Palme, the Prime Minister of Sweden: "No, I want to abolish the poor."

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -7.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.54

Czardas
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 25, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Czardas » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:54 am

HC Eredivisie wrote:
Kryozerkia wrote:
Karsol wrote:
Kryozerkia wrote:If he violated the rules, which is entirely possible. If and when that would happen, I'd be first in line with my finger on the DEAT button.

I always wondered. What does DEAT stand for?

DEAT = deleted

It is a term from a long way's back. It started out as a typo. Someone who had been banned, instead of typing "death" wound up typing "deat", and for some reason it stuck. It is now the site's slang for a nation that's been deleted.

Wasn't that Neutered Sputniks making a typo when deleting someone? :unsure:

No. Neut was quoting it, I think.

The NS quotes thread on Jolt attributes it to someone called Islamic Ummah (IIRC), but that may not be the original either.
30 | she/her | USA | ✡︎ | ☭ | ♫

I have devised a truly marvelous signature, which this textblock is too small to contain

Jordanda
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Jordanda » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:54 am

says it all and i dont care wheather it makes sence or not

AB Again
Attaché

Founded: Feb 14, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby AB Again » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:58 pm

But would you be able to do it?

God, remember, is omnipotent - that includes the ability to persuade you not to apply a DEAT.

Buffett and Colbert
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 05, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Buffett and Colbert » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:59 pm

God is such a troll.
If the knowledge isn't useful, you haven't found the lesson yet. ~Iniika
You-Gi-Owe wrote:If someone were to ask me about your online persona as a standard of your "date-ability", I'd rate you as "worth investigating further & passionate about beliefs". But, enough of the idle speculation on why you didn't score with the opposite gender.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:Clever, but your Jedi mind tricks don't work on me.

His Jedi mind tricks are insignificant compared to the power of Buffy's sex appeal.
Keronians wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:My law class took my virginity. And it was 100% consensual.

I accuse your precious law class of statutory rape.

Maurepas
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:00 pm

Karsol wrote:Yes.

God has no place on NSG.
Even the great usurper Loki agrees and would take up arms immediately. :)

But, Loki is a God, God is banned on NSG...Ergo, Loki is banned! :eek:
Last edited by Maurepas on Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gauntleted Fist
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 17, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauntleted Fist » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:02 pm

Maurepas wrote:

God has no place on NSG.

Loki is a god.

Not God.

*nod*

EvilDarkMagicians
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby EvilDarkMagicians » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:02 pm

Following the theory that God can do anything: No?

United Dependencies
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 22, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby United Dependencies » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:02 pm

American Wang Car wrote:Imagine that he would post and reply, using The Holy Bible as his foundation and source.
You all know what God is thinking about gays, slaves, the role of the woman, abortion, etc. I don't have to quote them.

We know what God is thinking? :eyebrow:
Alien Space Bats wrote:2012: The Year We Lost Contact (with Reality).

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Obamacult wrote:Maybe there is an economically sound and rational reason why there are no longer high paying jobs for qualified accountants, assembly line workers, glass blowers, blacksmiths, tanners, etc.

Maybe dragons took their jobs. Maybe unicorns only hid their jobs because unicorns are dicks. Maybe 'jobs' is only an illusion created by a drug addled infant pachyderm. Fuck dude, if we're in 'maybe' land, don't hold back.

This is Nationstates we're here to help

Are you a native or resident of North Carolina?

Maurepas
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:04 pm

Gauntleted Fist wrote:
Maurepas wrote:

God has no place on NSG.

Loki is a god.

Not God.

*nod*

I think that would depend on which religion you follow, who's to say Loki doesnt have a monotheistic cult to him, ;)

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:05 pm

God wouldn't come to NSG. He is to busy playing skee ball....
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

AB Again
Attaché

Founded: Feb 14, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby AB Again » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:05 pm

Gauntleted Fist wrote:
Maurepas wrote:

God has no place on NSG.

Loki is a god.

Not God.

*nod*

But is that what Loki thinks, or what you think?

Given his reputed ego, I am sure that he would consider himself as God, and not merely a god. Thus, by his own self identification he would be banned.

WWII History Geeks
Minister

Founded: Mar 12, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby WWII History Geeks » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:07 pm

American Wang Car wrote:Assume that the Christian God would arrive at NationStates, that He would create a nation and enter the forum.
Imagine that he would post and reply, using The Holy Bible as his foundation and source.
You all know what God is thinking about gays, slaves, the role of the woman, abortion, etc. I don't have to quote them.

Would the mods ban God?
Would this suggest that the mods are bigger as God?
Would God punish the mods?
What would be the punishment?

Yep.
Nope.
Perhaps...did they repent?
If they did not... :twisted:
The goldfish crackers will win. Do you know why they smile? Because when they get inside you they start eating you from the inside out.

Grandtaria: "I would rather live my life each day thinking there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than to live my thinking that there isn't and die to find out there is."
Conservative Morality: "When in Rome, do as the Romans. When out of Rome, do as the Romans anyway, it's not like anyone is ballsy enough to piss off Rome."

Finally fixed: The thread may be gone, but I'm still a "To Hell with This'er!," damnit! :D

Boob sisters with Celestial Divinities!

Tkdkidsx2
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 15, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tkdkidsx2 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:14 pm

I dunno... If god is omnipotent, then he surely would kill the mods...
Riaka wrote:Son, you've just entered the exciting and frightening world of religious debate. It's much like a roller coaster, in the sense that in the next few minutes there are going to many twists and turns, potential vertical inversion, a lot of crying children and someone's probably going to throw up at the end.

Wilgrove wrote:
Rambhutan wrote:Texas school book repositories are dangerous places.

JFK can attest to that! *nods*

Kryozerkia
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kryozerkia » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:18 pm

AB Again wrote:

God, remember, is omnipotent - that includes the ability to persuade you not to apply a DEAT.

Which god are you talking about? Besides, I'm a Mod; I have more power than any god here. :p
Problem to Report?
Game-side: Getting Help
Forum-side: Moderation
Technical issue/suggestion: Technical
A-well-a, don't you know about the bird
♦ Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word ♦
♦ A-well-a, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

Get the cheese to Sickbay

"Ok folks, show's over... Nothing to see here... Show's OH MY GOD! A horrible plane crash! Hey everybody, get a load of this flaming wreckage! Come on, crowd around, crowd around, don't be shy, crowd around!" -- Chief Wiggum

Maurepas
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:20 pm

Kryozerkia wrote:
AB Again wrote:

Which god are you talking about? Besides, I'm a Mod; I have more power than any god here. :p

Idk, I've seen the Church of Reppy, :p

Buffett and Colbert
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 05, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Buffett and Colbert » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:21 pm

Maurepas wrote:
Kryozerkia wrote:
AB Again wrote:

Idk, I've seen the Church of Reppy, :p

Thy Modess shall smite thee.
If the knowledge isn't useful, you haven't found the lesson yet. ~Iniika
You-Gi-Owe wrote:If someone were to ask me about your online persona as a standard of your "date-ability", I'd rate you as "worth investigating further & passionate about beliefs". But, enough of the idle speculation on why you didn't score with the opposite gender.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:Clever, but your Jedi mind tricks don't work on me.

His Jedi mind tricks are insignificant compared to the power of Buffy's sex appeal.
Keronians wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:My law class took my virginity. And it was 100% consensual.

I accuse your precious law class of statutory rape.

Livedevil
Attaché

Founded: Dec 10, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Livedevil » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:23 pm

American Wang Car wrote:Assume that the Christian God would arrive at NationStates, that He would create a nation and enter the forum.
Imagine that he would post and reply, using The Holy Bible as his foundation and source.

Would the mods ban God?

I can't speak for the mods, so maybe each mod should give their opinion about the subject.

My answer would be that he/she wouldn't be banned until they broke one of the rules.
I have as much respect for your opinions as you do my facts.

I will rarely respond to replies to my posts, if you wish to address me send a telegram.

Vonnerz
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Vonnerz » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:27 pm

Kryozerkia wrote:
AB Again wrote:

not good...esp re computer systems given O'Toole's Corollary of Finagle's Law...LOL
ex nations - Vonners & Rubiconic Crossings

"At the time, we believed that we would be attacked many more times that day and in the days that followed. Without really thinking, based on just emotion, spontaneous, I grabbed the arm of then Police Commissioner Bernard Kerik, and I said to him, "Bernie, thank God George Bush is our president."" - Rudy Guiliani, 2004 Republican National Convention

“We had no domestic terror attacks under Bush. We’ve had one under Obama.” - Rudy Guilani, on Good Morning America 01/08/2010

Takaram
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Takaram » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:32 pm

Probably. The Christian God would probably flame someone (maybe literally) at the drop of a hat. However, I doubt he could do anything to the mods or NS. They are both under Reppy's great protection.

WWII History Geeks
Minister

Founded: Mar 12, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby WWII History Geeks » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:36 pm

You all really believe that Reppy could take on God?
The goldfish crackers will win. Do you know why they smile? Because when they get inside you they start eating you from the inside out.

Grandtaria: "I would rather live my life each day thinking there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than to live my thinking that there isn't and die to find out there is."
Conservative Morality: "When in Rome, do as the Romans. When out of Rome, do as the Romans anyway, it's not like anyone is ballsy enough to piss off Rome."

Finally fixed: The thread may be gone, but I'm still a "To Hell with This'er!," damnit! :D

Boob sisters with Celestial Divinities!

Takaram
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Takaram » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:38 pm

WWII History Geeks wrote:You all really believe that Reppy could take on God?

Of course. You are allowed your beliefs, why can we not have ours?

Maurepas
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:38 pm

I dont see why not, Reppy has shown herself to be a lot more in the material realm, for example, ;)

F1-Insanity
Minister

Founded: Jul 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby F1-Insanity » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:38 pm

Would the mods ban God?

It would have to create this account first, and something that doesn't exist isn't gonna create an account :p

The Flying Spaghetti Monster told me to post this. I am innocent. :blush:

One hit with teh BANhammer would do it 8)

all hail Reppy the moddess of light :bow:
Last edited by F1-Insanity on Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
F1-Insanity Factbook
World Bowl XII: Winner
Why yes, I am a progressive and social human being, thanks for asking!
Think about the numbers in terms that we can relate to. Remove eight zeros from the numbers and pretend it is the household budget for the fictitious Jones family:
-Total annual income for the Jones family: $21,700
-Amount of money the Jones family spent: $38,200
-Amount of new debt added to the credit card: $16,500
-Outstanding balance on the credit card: $142,710

-Amount cut from the budget: $385
Help us Obi Ben Bernanki, printing more money is our only hope... for a big bonus! - Wall Street
Bush's 'faith' was the same political tool as Obama's 'hope'.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General