NATION

PASSWORD

Strangest Meat You've Eaten

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nazi Flower Power
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 24, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nazi Flower Power » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:09 pm

The Alexanderians wrote:
Nazi Flower Power wrote:
Dude, I like their food, but this is bullshit. They charge higher prices than Market Basket, Stop & Shop, Shaw's, Walmart, Hannaford, or any of the little Cambodian/Vietnamese markets in my neighborhood. I'm sure you have a different selection of alternatives than I do since you are not in New England, but if all of the stores in your area are charging Whole Foods prices, then all of them are overpriced.

If that's your selection of stores it's no wonder you think whole foods is over priced, I've never heard of market basket and I can't speak of your "little Cambodian/Vietnamese" stores but those other ones are crap store especially Hannaford and Walmart. Though I can't judge Shaw's as I've never been into one. Stop $ Shop though, I get that "sub-par" feeling from them. During a school assignment (It was for an LD school don't ask) I had to compare prices from the same foods from different stores. Whole foods and Wegman's was $5 more than Walmart, Bottom Dollar, and Stop & Shop. The difference in price seems worth it to me when you consider quality. The food was for a party of 25+ people where we needed to make the food (as opposed to snack foods and pre-packaged foods) in case you were wondering.

If you consider Stop & Shop "sub-par," then you NEVER EVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE want to go within 100 feet of a Market Basket. Not that you can't make a decent meal with food from Market Basket, but you can also find some really shitty food, depending on what you buy there. It's definitely a poor people's supermarket, and it took some getting used to when I moved here and got stuck with them as my neighborhood supermarket. They don't even have popcorn shrimp. :(

TBH, you're just making yourself look spoiled and snobby rather than proving any point about the availability of buffalo or the reasonability of Whole Foods prices. The difference between you and Mushet, which originally started this tangent, is socio-economic status, not geography.

A difference in price that seems small when you first look at it can add up very quickly when you consider how often you need to buy groceries. If you spend $5 more every time you go shopping, that could add up to hundreds of dollars by the end of a year. Fresh vegetables are the same regardless of where you buy them, and Stop & Shop has perfectly decent meats, so there is only a limited range of items where there is a meaningful difference in the food you are getting. And TBH, on the items where there is a difference, there are some where I prefer Whole Foods and others where I prefer Stop & Shop. The main thing that Whole Foods does better -- aside from their delicious cheese -- is setting up their store to make it look classy. You said yourself that your problem with Stop & Shop was the feeling you get from them -- not the actual taste of the food, not finding expired food on the shelves, not getting sick after eating food you bought there. So I'm not seeing how it's a question of quality. Just having junk food available in the same store does not lower the nutritional content or change the flavor of anything in the produce or meat department.
The Serene and Glorious Reich of Nazi Flower Power has existed for longer than Nazi Germany! Thank you to all the brave men and women of the Allied forces who made this possible!

The Alexanderians
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alexanderians » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:10 am

Nazi Flower Power wrote:
The Alexanderians wrote:If that's your selection of stores it's no wonder you think whole foods is over priced, I've never heard of market basket and I can't speak of your "little Cambodian/Vietnamese" stores but those other ones are crap store especially Hannaford and Walmart. Though I can't judge Shaw's as I've never been into one. Stop $ Shop though, I get that "sub-par" feeling from them. During a school assignment (It was for an LD school don't ask) I had to compare prices from the same foods from different stores. Whole foods and Wegman's was $5 more than Walmart, Bottom Dollar, and Stop & Shop. The difference in price seems worth it to me when you consider quality. The food was for a party of 25+ people where we needed to make the food (as opposed to snack foods and pre-packaged foods) in case you were wondering.

If you consider Stop & Shop "sub-par," then you NEVER EVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE want to go within 100 feet of a Market Basket. Not that you can't make a decent meal with food from Market Basket, but you can also find some really shitty food, depending on what you buy there. It's definitely a poor people's supermarket, and it took some getting used to when I moved here and got stuck with them as my neighborhood supermarket. They don't even have popcorn shrimp. :(

TBH, you're just making yourself look spoiled and snobby rather than proving any point about the availability of buffalo or the reasonability of Whole Foods prices. The difference between you and Mushet, which originally started this tangent, is socio-economic status, not geography.

A difference in price that seems small when you first look at it can add up very quickly when you consider how often you need to buy groceries. If you spend $5 more every time you go shopping, that could add up to hundreds of dollars by the end of a year. Fresh vegetables are the same regardless of where you buy them, and Stop & Shop has perfectly decent meats, so there is only a limited range of items where there is a meaningful difference in the food you are getting. And TBH, on the items where there is a difference, there are some where I prefer Whole Foods and others where I prefer Stop & Shop. The main thing that Whole Foods does better -- aside from their delicious cheese -- is setting up their store to make it look classy. You said yourself that your problem with Stop & Shop was the feeling you get from them -- not the actual taste of the food, not finding expired food on the shelves, not getting sick after eating food you bought there. So I'm not seeing how it's a question of quality. Just having junk food available in the same store does not lower the nutritional content or change the flavor of anything in the produce or meat department.

I apologize about that, I didn't mention everything about it for the purpose of brevity. Yes, I've seen expired food on their shelves. I also do not like their meat it didn't taste good to me when I cooked it (it may have been the packaging being terrible causing it to spoil). I would also like to point out to you that, like you I like certain things from Whole Foods, but it's not my only store. I also go to Wegmans and sometimes Shop Rite. I also heard a John Tesh special comparing the price relative to quality and Whole Foods came out on top. There are also citations for it's quality which I find (Keep in mind that this based on what I value) worth the extra 5 bucks.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whole_Foods_Market#Product_quality
http://fortune.com/2012/11/27/whole-foods-quality-crop/
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/features/the-list/os-top-supermarkets-consumer-reports-pictures-photogallery.html (based on this I should give Hannahford another chance)
I would also like to point out that I am doubtful that it is socioeconomic (I'm lower-middle) status that brought Bison to my table, it's culture (my father has Iroquois tribal membership - born and partially raised on a reservation) but still it's not at all uncommon in the US, I have friends that have enjoyed buffalo burgers and they have no ties to Montana or the Reservations.
Last edited by The Alexanderians on Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Galloism wrote:Or we can go with feminism doesn't exist. We all imagined it. Collectively.
You can't fight the friction
Women belong in the kitchen
Men belong in the kitchen
Everyone belongs in the kitchen
Kitchen has food
I have brought dishonor to my gaming clan
Achesia wrote:Threads like this is why I need to stop coming to NSG....

Marethian Lupanar of Teladre wrote:A bright and cheerful mountain village of chapel-goers~

The Archregimancy wrote:
Hagia Sophia is best church.

Major-Tom wrote:Why am I full of apathy?

I'm just here to be the peanut gallery
уσυ нανєи'т gσт тнє fυℓℓ єffє¢т

Nazi Flower Power
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 24, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nazi Flower Power » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:07 am

The Alexanderians wrote:
Nazi Flower Power wrote:

I apologize about that, I didn't mention everything about it for the purpose of brevity. Yes, I've seen expired food on their shelves. I also do not like their meat it didn't taste good to me when I cooked it (it may have been the packaging being terrible causing it to spoil). I would also like to point out to you that, like you I like certain things from Whole Foods, but it's not my only store. I also go to Wegmans and sometimes Shop Rite. I also heard a John Tesh special comparing the price relative to quality and Whole Foods came out on top. There are also citations for it's quality which I find (Keep in mind that this based on what I value) worth the extra 5 bucks.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/features/the-list/os-top-supermarkets-consumer-reports-pictures-photogallery.html (based on this I should give Hannahford another chance)
I would also like to point out that I am doubtful that it is socioeconomic (I'm lower-middle) status that brought Bison to my table, it's culture (my father has Iroquois tribal membership - born and partially raised on a reservation) but still it's not at all uncommon in the US, I have friends that have enjoyed buffalo burgers and they have no ties to Montana or the Reservations.

Mushet is also Amerindian, so no, it's not a cultural thing. It's socioeconomic. Part of why you're so sheltered may be from being young rather than extremely rich, but you're still very oblivious to the economic realities that a lot of people have to live with.

EDIT: I just clicked your sources. Don't see a lot of actual data... Blind taste tests have shown people can't tell the difference between organic and conventional, so a lot of these claims of superior quality -- including your alleged experience with "spoiled" meat from Stop & Shop -- may be complete bullshit.

And one of your sources ranks Market Basket above Whole Foods... Real quality connoisseurs there.
Last edited by Nazi Flower Power on Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Serene and Glorious Reich of Nazi Flower Power has existed for longer than Nazi Germany! Thank you to all the brave men and women of the Allied forces who made this possible!

The Alexanderians
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Alexanderians » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:30 am

Nazi Flower Power wrote:
The Alexanderians wrote:I apologize about that, I didn't mention everything about it for the purpose of brevity. Yes, I've seen expired food on their shelves. I also do not like their meat it didn't taste good to me when I cooked it (it may have been the packaging being terrible causing it to spoil). I would also like to point out to you that, like you I like certain things from Whole Foods, but it's not my only store. I also go to Wegmans and sometimes Shop Rite. I also heard a John Tesh special comparing the price relative to quality and Whole Foods came out on top. There are also citations for it's quality which I find (Keep in mind that this based on what I value) worth the extra 5 bucks.

Mushet is also Amerindian, so no, it's not a cultural thing. It's socioeconomic. Part of why you're so sheltered may be from being young rather than extremely rich, but you're still very oblivious to the economic realities that a lot of people have to live with.

EDIT: I just clicked your sources. Don't see a lot of actual data... Blind taste tests have shown people can't tell the difference between organic and conventional, so a lot of these claims of superior quality -- including your alleged experience with "spoiled" meat from Stop & Shop -- may be complete bullshit.

And one of your sources ranks Market Basket above Whole Foods... Real quality connoisseurs there.

21 year old college student living on campus, I have to actually buy some of my food. Yes it is a cultural thing my father grew up on a reservation in Montana -which if you don't know raise American Bison-he carried that to me and my sisters. I can't speak of market basket as I've never been to one. "Sheltered?" you know little of me so you couldn't possibly speak to that. I also said that the stop & shop may have been spoiled for all I know that could have been shitty meat, either way I don't like shopping with them anymore. But all of this pales in comparison to fact that this is now wildly off topic. Please bring it in before this gets further out of hand.
Galloism wrote:Or we can go with feminism doesn't exist. We all imagined it. Collectively.
Kitchen has food

Marethian Lupanar of Teladre wrote:A bright and cheerful mountain village of chapel-goers~

The Archregimancy wrote:

Edgy Opinions
Senator

Founded: Dec 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Edgy Opinions » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:33 am

Nazi Flower Power wrote:If you consider Stop & Shop "sub-par," then you NEVER EVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE want to go within 100 feet of a Market Basket. Not that you can't make a decent meal with food from Market Basket, but you can also find some really shitty food, depending on what you buy there. It's definitely a poor people's supermarket, and it took some getting used to when I moved here and got stuck with them as my neighborhood supermarket. They don't even have popcorn shrimp. :(

I don't care a lot about fast food, I actually love avoiding it (I'd probably have a healthy food-addicted disorder where I seek in detail my correct amounts of vitamins, minerals, proteins, oils and antioxidants if I had the money and the time)...

The closest ones to me don't have mushrooms besides preserved champignon, processed poultry options for breakfast (besides turkey sausage), "soy" anything (besides "milks" I don't trust at all), nuts besides cashew ones, decent soft drinks, decent tomato sauce (poor people's tomato sauce is blegh, you always need to correct acidity through table sugar, and it still doesn't taste right), whole grain flour, whole grain anything besides bread, and their cow's meat is TER-RI-BLE (people here start to complain if they eat only chicken, and would tell me to go eat grass and weed if I suggested vegetarianism). There are also always less than 10 vegetables that fits both in mine and my mom's taste. (Frozen fava beans, never again!)

Also soya oil, 2 reais, corn oil, 7 reais, sunflower oil, 10 reais. I wonder why the government doesn't want to make sure people buy the correct cooking oils (I'm not even going to talk about start eating adequate oil-rich seeds and grains) if our main death causes have to do with cardiovascular disease. Sometimes I actually hate soy as it is a monoculture landlordism crop here and want to boycott it. :(
Kotturheim's contagious despair.
100% self-impressed 20-year-old cadoneutrois-pangender imprigender genderblur fluidflux bi-pan/gray-ace/gray-aro Brazilian.
Into: your gender, anarchism/communism, obliteration of kyriarchy, environment, other obvious '-10.00, -9.13 in political compass' stuff
Anti: your gender (undo it interacting with me), Born This Way (also medicalism/pathologization/eugenics), outer space, abuse/predation, owners, power, hierarchy, internalization/privilege goggles (essential to the continuity of identity with power/hierarchy systems), essentialism/determinism, nihilism/defeatism

Keltsvia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 23, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Keltsvia » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:38 am

Wild boar and octopus, both delicious. But in some countries, like in Spain, octopus is not strange to eat.

Edgy Opinions
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Edgy Opinions » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:39 am

Keltsvia wrote:Wild boar and octopus, both delicious. But in some countries, like in Spain, octopus is not strange to eat.

People definitely should adopt it here.

It just needs people who know how to cook it, though.
100% self-impressed 20-year-old cadoneutrois-pangender imprigender genderblur fluidflux bi-pan/gray-ace/gray-aro Brazilian.
Into: your gender, anarchism/communism, obliteration of kyriarchy, environment, other obvious '-10.00, -9.13 in political compass' stuff
Anti: your gender (undo it interacting with me), Born This Way (also medicalism/pathologization/eugenics), outer space, abuse/predation, owners, power, hierarchy, internalization/privilege goggles (essential to the continuity of identity with power/hierarchy systems), essentialism/determinism, nihilism/defeatism

The Alexanderians
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Alexanderians » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:40 am

Edgy Opinions wrote:
Keltsvia wrote:Wild boar and octopus, both delicious. But in some countries, like in Spain, octopus is not strange to eat.

People definitely should adopt it here.

You mean adopt the willingness to try it or adopt it as a staple?
Kitchen has food

The Archregimancy wrote:

The Conez Imperium
Minister

Founded: Nov 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Conez Imperium » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:41 am

I'm surprised how many people haven't eaten octopus. Do they not eat octopus in the US that much?
Salut tout le monde, c'est moi !

The Alexanderians
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Alexanderians » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:44 am

The Conez Imperium wrote:I'm surprised how many people haven't eaten octopus. Do they not eat octopus in the US that much?

Anyone who's been to a sushi place or frequents seafood places is bound to at least be presented with the opportunity for it, I doubt that it's that rare in the US
Kitchen has food

The Archregimancy wrote:

Edgy Opinions
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Edgy Opinions » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:03 am

The Alexanderians wrote:
Edgy Opinions wrote:People definitely should adopt it here.

You mean adopt the willingness to try it or adopt it as a staple?

Staple. I'd have seafood over vertebrates any day.
The Alexanderians wrote:
The Conez Imperium wrote:I'm surprised how many people haven't eaten octopus. Do they not eat octopus in the US that much?

Anyone who's been to a sushi place or frequents seafood places is bound to at least be presented with the opportunity for it, I doubt that it's that rare in the US

I've never had sushi octopus. :blink:

The Alexanderians
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Alexanderians » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:17 am

Edgy Opinions wrote:
The Alexanderians wrote:You mean adopt the willingness to try it or adopt it as a staple?

Staple. I'd have seafood over vertebrates any day.
The Alexanderians wrote:Anyone who's been to a sushi place or frequents seafood places is bound to at least be presented with the opportunity for it, I doubt that it's that rare in the US

I've never had sushi octopus. :blink:

Quite good, and commonly see, as tempura, squid is also common at sushi places but it's more likely to be in sashimi or sushi (but I've never seen it in maki though that doesn't mean it doesn't exist)
Kitchen has food

The Archregimancy wrote:

Mushet
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Mushet » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:46 pm

The Alexanderians wrote:
Nazi Flower Power wrote:

21 year old college student living on campus, I have to actually buy some of my food. Yes it is a cultural thing my father grew up on a reservation in Montana -which if you don't know raise American Bison-he carried that to me and my sisters. I can't speak of market basket as I've never been to one. "Sheltered?" you know little of me so you couldn't possibly speak to that. I also said that the stop & shop may have been spoiled for all I know that could have been shitty meat, either way I don't like shopping with them anymore. But all of this pales in comparison to fact that this is now wildly off topic. Please bring it in before this gets further out of hand.

Iroquois on a Montana rez? :blink:

And "have to actually buy some of my food"?
"what I believe is like a box, and we’re taking the energy of our thinking and putting into a box of beliefs, pretending that we’re thinking...I’ve gone through most of my life not believing anything. Either I know or I don’t know, or I think." - John Trudell

Gun control is, and always has been, a tool of white supremacy.

Puppet: E-City ranked #1 in the world for Highest Drug Use on 5/25/2015
Puppet Sacred Heart Church ranked #2 in the world for Nudest 2/25/2010
OP of a 5 page archived thread The Forum Seven Tit Museum
Previous Official King of Forum 7 (2010-2012/13), relinquished own title
First person to get AQ'd Quote was funnier in 2011, you had to have been there
Celebrating over a decade on Nationstates!

The Alexanderians
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Alexanderians » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:44 pm

Mushet wrote:
The Alexanderians wrote:21 year old college student living on campus, I have to actually buy some of my food. Yes it is a cultural thing my father grew up on a reservation in Montana -which if you don't know raise American Bison-he carried that to me and my sisters. I can't speak of market basket as I've never been to one. "Sheltered?" you know little of me so you couldn't possibly speak to that. I also said that the stop & shop may have been spoiled for all I know that could have been shitty meat, either way I don't like shopping with them anymore. But all of this pales in comparison to fact that this is now wildly off topic. Please bring it in before this gets further out of hand.

Iroquois on a Montana rez? :blink:

And "have to actually buy some of my food"?

Yes I was waiting for someone to ask about the odd location, long story but the reservation wasn't an Iroquois one it has Kootenai and Flathead tribes on it. It's located near Ronan south of Flathead lake. For other landmarks look up Ninepipes, the Cheff Dude Ranch, and Cheff Lane (Places related to my family and the only landmarks I can tell you for sure).

As for the second part I have a partial meal plan that comes with tuition but it doesn't cover three meals a day or at all on the weekends I have to buy my own for that.
Kitchen has food

The Archregimancy wrote:

Lenciland
Minister

Founded: Jun 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lenciland » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:04 pm

I've had raw octopus tentacles, the kind that move around on your plate, snails, guinea pig, and this little bird filled with bourbon, I don't remember what it's called, it couldn't have been humane, but it was tasty.
Quotes:
The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace wrote:
Lenciland wrote:No there is no Messiah only the Misoiah and that is the Greta One. Bombadil and I am his prophet.

Misoyah Heathens, there is only the one true Ass.
Lo, for his prophet Andy Kaufman came down from on high, to show the ways of the troll.

Karlsreich wrote:And on the fourth day, God created Saturn. And he liked it. So he put a ring on it.

C is for colonies. Rightly we boast. That of all the great nations. Great Britain has the most.
Lenciland & Saint Kitten, neighbors in Hell.
Cthulu be praised!!

Galmarch
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Galmarch » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:01 am

I once had raw shark meat cut in 2x2 centimetre cubes at school in 3rd grade.
Why our teachers served it to us raw I do not understand.
Occupation: Student at University of Gothenburg, studying Russian.
Age and Nationality: 23, Swedish
Political Views: Centre right
Interests: Politics, Culture, Hockey, Rock Music, Outdoors, Gaming

Likes: Democracy, NATO, Swedish membership in NATO, Secularism, Crimean Ukraine, Freedom of Speech and Religion
Neutral: EU as a economical union
Dislikes: EU as a political union/federation, Crimean Russia, Novorossiya,Theocracy, ISIS

Calimera II
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 03, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Calimera II » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:41 am

Crocodile and Snake.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:03 am

The Conez Imperium wrote:I've had Kangaroo, it was slightly more chewy than normal beef but not enough that will affect your dining experience. Other than that it tastes like beef. Eating my national animal is strange is it? Do other cultures empahise eating national animals?

No, but people have been eating kangas for thousaands of years and shouldn't stop now because some random decided to draw a few pictures of it for the government
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Dakini Femina
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dakini Femina » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:37 am

Dog.

It felt warm and strangely itchy going down. Flavor-wise it tasted pretty bad (then again, the dish itself was botched). Took a full bottle of beer to wash the taste out.

Kainesia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kainesia » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:07 am

Baby Octopus. Because it was a baby. MUHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
A radical centrist. Atheist, English, enjoys roast babies with chips.

PRO: Science,capitalism,and all that stuff

ANTI:Religion, socialism and all that jazz

Zarthroxia
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zarthroxia » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:13 am

Probably rattlesnake or alligator for me. Some of the Asian stores by my house sell balut; I will have to try it sometime.

Mertesacker
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Mertesacker » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:50 pm

I've ate both octopus and squid, and to be honest, I enjoyed both. I'll get calamari for an appetizer usually if its on the menu.

I've also had alligator, which to me was just horrible.

Rebellious Fishermen
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rebellious Fishermen » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:53 pm

Escargot is decent. Sea Urchin was not very good. I've had a lot of the other basic things like gator tail and calamari. I think sea urchin was the strangest because you hardly ever hear about people eating that.

Meryuma
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Meryuma » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:54 pm

I eat bison a lot; don't really consider that weird though. Other than that my meat choice is pretty standard.

Nazi Flower Power wrote:Dude, I like their food, but this is bullshit. They charge higher prices than Market Basket, Stop & Shop, Shaw's, Walmart, Hannaford, or any of the little Cambodian/Vietnamese markets in my neighborhood. I'm sure you have a different selection of alternatives than I do since you are not in New England, but if all of the stores in your area are charging Whole Foods prices, then all of them are overpriced.

Plus they're oppressive af. I still eat stuff from there though.

Edgy Opinions wrote:Sometimes I actually hate soy as it is a monoculture landlordism crop here and want to boycott it. :(

I'm boycotting it involuntarily (dietary restrictions).
ᛋᛃᚢ - Social Justice Úlfheðinn
Potarius wrote:
Neo Arcad wrote:Gravity is a natural phenomenon by which physical bodies attract with a force proportional to their mass.

In layman's terms, orgy time.

Niur wrote: my soul has no soul.

Saint Clair Island wrote:The English language sucks. From now on, I will refer to the second definition of sexual as "fucktacular."

Trotskylvania wrote:Alternatively, we could go on an epic quest to Plato's Cave to find the legendary artifact, Ockham's Razor.

Norstal wrote:Gunpowder Plot: America.

Meryuma: "Well, I just hope these hyperboles don't...

*puts on sunglasses*

blow out of proportions."

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

...so here's your future

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:58 pm

I was visiting East Malaysia with my family. You know, we go and visit the largest mountain there: Kota Kinabalu. So it's like pretty huge, I don't really know the exact dimensions but, but, they had the weirdest food up there. And I tried some, oooh jeez it was bad.

Fried Turkey Liver stuffed with breast meat and seasoned with this sauce that tasted like the worst Chinese herbs you could have.

Typical East Malaysia. Typical.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General