NATION

PASSWORD

Health Care Bill Penatly On Marriage?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Marriage Double Tax? Yea or Nay?

Yea
29%
Nay
57%
I don't know.
14%

Total votes : 7

Namabia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 25, 2007
Ex-Nation

Health Care Bill Penatly On Marriage?

Postby Namabia » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:00 am

Here it is. I am a little ticked at this point.

http://finance.yahoo.com/insurance/article/108540/married-couples-pay-more-than-unmarried-under-health-bill

Double health care taxes for married? Unmarried get lower?

This is gettin messed up.

So what is your opinion?
Last edited by Namabia on Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
I am politically someone who is near the center of the scale.

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:'Hate' is such a strong word. I just want to see him suffer. Is that so awful? :)

Strykyh wrote:I wasn't trying to be intelligent.

Big Jim P wrote:I have the right to personal self-defense, whether that necessitates a gun, a knife, my bare hands or a nuclear weapon.

Namabia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Namabia » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:08 am

Bump

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:'Hate' is such a strong word. I just want to see him suffer. Is that so awful? :)

Big Jim P wrote:I have the right to personal self-defense, whether that necessitates a gun, a knife, my bare hands or a nuclear weapon.

Avenio
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Avenio » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:51 am

Why would you be 'ticked'? It's fairly logical, if you think about it. Many married couples combine their income and property together for financial ease. In many cases, the couple will have two seperate incomes, both of which are pooled into one household account. Therefore, it is logical, instead of counting the couple as one person, meaning that one partner's taxes are nonexistent, the government charges them higher to avoid a loss of revenue or tax evasion.

Namabia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Namabia » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:11 am

Avenio wrote:Why would you be 'ticked'? It's fairly logical, if you think about it. Many married couples combine their income and property together for financial ease. In many cases, the couple will have two seperate incomes, both of which are pooled into one household account. Therefore, it is logical, instead of counting the couple as one person, meaning that one partner's taxes are nonexistent, the government charges them higher to avoid a loss of revenue or tax evasion.

I already know that. However not every American can afford that.

Avenio
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Avenio » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:54 am

Namabia wrote:
Avenio wrote:Why would you be 'ticked'? It's fairly logical, if you think about it. Many married couples combine their income and property together for financial ease. In many cases, the couple will have two seperate incomes, both of which are pooled into one household account. Therefore, it is logical, instead of counting the couple as one person, meaning that one partner's taxes are nonexistent, the government charges them higher to avoid a loss of revenue or tax evasion.

I already know that. However not every American can afford that.

So how do you suggest that the government remedy that? If you exempt one of the partners from tax, tax evasion would go up as people get married to pay less taxes.

Return to General