NATION

PASSWORD

Would you support a Gay Intervention?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Would you advise the President to Invade North Korea s to protect North Korean homosexuals?

Yes
18%
No
57%
I was just here because I searched for the Radio Play, I don't read the rest of your overdone self-indulgent bullshit threads, and I only like the Radio Play because me or someone I know is in it. Please finish the Radio Play and post it. Also, I don't think Tim Gunn is even really gay, he's like asexual or something.
25%

Total votes : 76

Greater-London
Senator

Founded: Nov 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater-London » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:13 am

Skinia wrote:North Korea is far right.

The left and right spectrum doesn't really work at the best of times. North Korea is especially difficult to place its best just understood as "North Korea". If your going to call North Korea right it just panders to the idea that right = nasty which isn't nesesairly true.
Born in Cambridge in 1993, just graduated with a 2.1 in Politics and International Relations from the University of Manchester - WHICH IS SICK

PRO: British Unionism, Commonwealth, Liberalism, Federalism, Palestine, NHS, Decriminalizing Drugs, West Ham UTD , Garage Music &, Lager
ANTI: EU, Smoking Ban, Tuition Fees, Conservatism, Crypto-Fascist lefties, Hypocrisy, Religious Fanaticism, Religion Bashing & Armchair activists

Economic Left/Right: 0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.87

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 14, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ostroeuropa » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:15 am

Greater-London wrote:
Skinia wrote:North Korea is far right.

The left and right spectrum doesn't really work at the best of times. North Korea is especially difficult to place its best just understood as "North Korea". If your going to call North Korea right it just panders to the idea that right = nasty which isn't nesesairly true.

They use the propoganda of both extreme right and extreme left, which is common in totalitarian regimes so as to appeal to all their citizenry.

Naturally tending right wingers like the regime because of korean nationalism, korean racism, keeping the korean culture pure, and imperial ambitions.
Naturally tending left wingers like it because it's supposedly radically egalitarian, anti-capitalist, and anti-american.

This has the problem of causing people in other countries to view those propoganda pieces and then fit it into their narratives about how the other side are all evil fucks, when really, it's about sociopathic opportunists saying whatever they need to in order to obtain power.
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

Previous

Return to General