NATION

PASSWORD

Atheism vs. Christianity

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Benuty
Post Czar
 
Posts: 35725
Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Benuty » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:09 pm

Immoren wrote:
Bataviria wrote:
Unfortinatly imm-correctness is not the objective truth


Nothing is True.
Everything is Permitted.
*nods*

Except for circle jerking.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity.
Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

User avatar
Immoren
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 62933
Founded: Mar 20, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Immoren » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:16 pm

Benuty wrote:
Immoren wrote:
Nothing is True.
Everything is Permitted.
*nods*

Except for circle jerking.


Details details. *wacky flailing arms*
IC Flag Is a Pope Principia
I ᴛʜɪɴᴋ I'ᴠᴇ ᴊᴜsᴛ ʜᴀᴅ ᴀ ɴᴇᴀʀ Aʀᴀʀᴀɢɪ ᴇxᴘᴇʀɪᴇɴᴄᴇ.
— Death. Probably.

User avatar
The Union of Tentacles and Grapes
Diplomat
 
Posts: 787
Founded: Sep 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Union of Tentacles and Grapes » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:18 pm

Immoren wrote:
Benuty wrote:Except for circle jerking.


Details details. *wacky flailing arms*

Image

User avatar
Pragia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7190
Founded: May 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Pragia » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:30 pm

Vox populi est autem Vox de Humus wrote:1. Care to have a source other than saying "lol bible." Maybe give a link/verse.
2. Please tell me how a rank and title makes someone not equal to one another? In catholic/Christian views, everyone is judged evenly in the eyes of God, pope or pauper, everyone is equal
3. The incest point means what or proves what? Genesis is a creation story, not factual.
4. Thou shalt not kill. Kain killed Abel, and was punished with exile. It enforces the idea of Thou shalt not kill, not contradicts it
5. Please, start quoting all these contradictions you claim to have, I'd need to brush up on my theology. But I believe New overrides Old Testament, rendering most contradictions moot.
6. A little grammar and structure wouldn't kill you would it?


1. Did you not see the words "I'll admit I know little" it only just up there, Are you not Christian enough to enlighten me?, In what it states and rectify what i have heard, right the wrongs? It may or may not state word for word but this is how i hear it, through other Christians / Born again Christians as they interpret it. Do you really expect detailed references from a non Christian?, would'nt god say that it is your job to rectify my thinking not to judge my knowledge and ability :eyebrow:
2. Please tell me how it does? can you ride the popes cart? will you be able to view holy documents and objects under the vatican at anytime because you are equal :rofl: No, why? because you are seen as a peseant below them as all people they look upon and/or are scared the truths will be reveled ;) Did you see the arch bishop give any campers shelter no "get off my lawn" equal lol
3a.errr "thou shall not" Oh come on :eyebrow: sheeesh 3b. Are you sure you read what i wrote Not factual i know, Hence story :bow: :rofl: Is this really a story that should be told, AND IS ALSO preached as TRUTH by some Christians this may or may not be your views.
4. "And was punished" is after the fact :) so a contradiction. but I am understanding the mass control need for enforcement with the scary exile.
5.Please Enlighten me as to where I state I claim I have these contradictions :unsure: "I could have quoted" is not I have contradictions, do you need glasses? I think google may have the contradictions as mentioned link to follow ;) http://www.answering-christianity.com/1 ... ctions.htm
"But I believe New overrides Old Testament, rendering most contradictions moot" maybe some/most people are stuck in transition eh?
6.Can I say the same? Yes maybe I have the same sort of case to argue for Grammar and Proof Reading or is it a Glasses thing.
Or can I argue maybe you should be educated enough to make sense of any text? I know im not but i can;)

I hope this little extra Grammar and Structure is too your needs, Oh yes it nearly killed me :rofl:[/quote]
Well, if you really wanted to meet some sort of standards, drop the smileys, caps, and errrs.

1. If you don't know much about Christianity, why are you here? I'm not doubting that it is the idea people get from it, but it I can't remember Jesus saying all are equal in a context outside of final judgement. You are trying to assert something, so you should back up said assertion with sources.
2. I can't ride in the Pope's car because it is not mine. Same for documents and all the holy garb. You are allowed to look at most/all in the Vatican however. People don't get to have it because it's not theirs. Also source of Archbishops throwing people off of a lawn?
3. It is a story advocating against fraternitcide, jealousy, and murder why should it not be said? Also, news flash, people are allowed to believe what they want to believe.
4. So do you even know what thalt shall not kill refer to? The point is that murder sepeartes you from god. Saying thalt shall not kill is not contradictory to someone killing someone getting punished.
5. So people misread and misinterpret a book? Please explain to me why this matters.
6. I'm not punctuating with smilies and making multiple blatant grammatical errors.

User avatar
Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15693
Founded: Feb 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:06 pm

Pragia wrote:-snip-



Actually the most prevalent reason one can't simply walk into the Vatican and view historical artifacts is the same reason you can't do it in a museum. These artifacts are thousands of years old, and even just being exposed to air or light can irreparably damage them.
Last edited by Tarsonis Survivors on Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ecclesiastes 1:18 "For in much wisdom is much vexation, and those who increase knowledge increase sorrow"
Galatians 6:7 " Do not be deceived; God is not mocked, for you reap whatever you sow."
1 Corinthians 5:12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside?
T. Stevens: "I don't hold with equality in all things, but I believe in equality under the Law."
James I of Aragon "Have you ever considered that our position is Idolatry to the Rabbi?"
A. Lincoln: "My concern is not whether God is on our side, My greatest concern is to be on God's side."
Debating Christian Theology with Non-Christians pretty much anybody be like

User avatar
Vox populi est autem Vox de Humus
Secretary
 
Posts: 28
Founded: Dec 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vox populi est autem Vox de Humus » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:03 pm

Pragia wrote:
Vox populi est autem Vox de Humus wrote:1. Care to have a source other than saying "lol bible." Maybe give a link/verse.
2. Please tell me how a rank and title makes someone not equal to one another? In catholic/Christian views, everyone is judged evenly in the eyes of God, pope or pauper, everyone is equal
3. The incest point means what or proves what? Genesis is a creation story, not factual.
4. Thou shalt not kill. Kain killed Abel, and was punished with exile. It enforces the idea of Thou shalt not kill, not contradicts it
5. Please, start quoting all these contradictions you claim to have, I'd need to brush up on my theology. But I believe New overrides Old Testament, rendering most contradictions moot.
6. A little grammar and structure wouldn't kill you would it?


1. Did you not see the words "I'll admit I know little" it only just up there, Are you not Christian enough to enlighten me?, In what it states and rectify what i have heard, right the wrongs? It may or may not state word for word but this is how i hear it, through other Christians / Born again Christians as they interpret it. Do you really expect detailed references from a non Christian?, would'nt god say that it is your job to rectify my thinking not to judge my knowledge and ability :eyebrow:
2. Please tell me how it does? can you ride the popes cart? will you be able to view holy documents and objects under the vatican at anytime because you are equal :rofl: No, why? because you are seen as a peseant below them as all people they look upon and/or are scared the truths will be reveled ;) Did you see the arch bishop give any campers shelter no "get off my lawn" equal lol
3a.errr "thou shall not" Oh come on :eyebrow: sheeesh 3b. Are you sure you read what i wrote Not factual i know, Hence story :bow: :rofl: Is this really a story that should be told, AND IS ALSO preached as TRUTH by some Christians this may or may not be your views.
4. "And was punished" is after the fact :) so a contradiction. but I am understanding the mass control need for enforcement with the scary exile.
5.Please Enlighten me as to where I state I claim I have these contradictions :unsure: "I could have quoted" is not I have contradictions, do you need glasses? I think google may have the contradictions as mentioned link to follow ;) http://www.answering-christianity.com/1 ... ctions.htm
"But I believe New overrides Old Testament, rendering most contradictions moot" maybe some/most people are stuck in transition eh?
6.Can I say the same? Yes maybe I have the same sort of case to argue for Grammar and Proof Reading or is it a Glasses thing.
Or can I argue maybe you should be educated enough to make sense of any text? I know im not but i can;)

I hope this little extra Grammar and Structure is too your needs, Oh yes it nearly killed me :rofl:

Well, if you really wanted to meet some sort of standards, drop the smileys, caps, and errrs.

Pragia wrote:
Vox populi est autem Vox de Humus wrote:1. Care to have a source other than saying "lol bible." Maybe give a link/verse.
2. Please tell me how a rank and title makes someone not equal to one another? In catholic/Christian views, everyone is judged evenly in the eyes of God, pope or pauper, everyone is equal
3. The incest point means what or proves what? Genesis is a creation story, not factual.
4. Thou shalt not kill. Kain killed Abel, and was punished with exile. It enforces the idea of Thou shalt not kill, not contradicts it
5. Please, start quoting all these contradictions you claim to have, I'd need to brush up on my theology. But I believe New overrides Old Testament, rendering most contradictions moot.
6. A little grammar and structure wouldn't kill you would it?


1. Did you not see the words "I'll admit I know little" it only just up there, Are you not Christian enough to enlighten me?, In what it states and rectify what i have heard, right the wrongs? It may or may not state word for word but this is how i hear it, through other Christians / Born again Christians as they interpret it. Do you really expect detailed references from a non Christian?, would'nt god say that it is your job to rectify my thinking not to judge my knowledge and ability :eyebrow:
2. Please tell me how it does? can you ride the popes cart? will you be able to view holy documents and objects under the vatican at anytime because you are equal :rofl: No, why? because you are seen as a peseant below them as all people they look upon and/or are scared the truths will be reveled ;) Did you see the arch bishop give any campers shelter no "get off my lawn" equal lol
3a.errr "thou shall not" Oh come on :eyebrow: sheeesh 3b. Are you sure you read what i wrote Not factual i know, Hence story :bow: :rofl: Is this really a story that should be told, AND IS ALSO preached as TRUTH by some Christians this may or may not be your views.
4. "And was punished" is after the fact :) so a contradiction. but I am understanding the mass control need for enforcement with the scary exile.
5.Please Enlighten me as to where I state I claim I have these contradictions :unsure: "I could have quoted" is not I have contradictions, do you need glasses? I think google may have the contradictions as mentioned link to follow ;) http://www.answering-christianity.com/1 ... ctions.htm
"But I believe New overrides Old Testament, rendering most contradictions moot" maybe some/most people are stuck in transition eh?
6.Can I say the same? Yes maybe I have the same sort of case to argue for Grammar and Proof Reading or is it a Glasses thing.
Or can I argue maybe you should be educated enough to make sense of any text? I know im not but i can;)

I hope this little extra Grammar and Structure is too your needs, Oh yes it nearly killed me :rofl:

Well, if you really wanted to meet some sort of standards, drop the smileys, caps, and errrs.

1. If you don't know much about Christianity, why are you here? I'm not doubting that it is the idea people get from it, but it I can't remember Jesus saying all are equal in a context outside of final judgement. You are trying to assert something, so you should back up said assertion with sources.
2. I can't ride in the Pope's car because it is not mine. Same for documents and all the holy garb. You are allowed to look at most/all in the Vatican however. People don't get to have it because it's not theirs. Also source of Archbishops throwing people off of a lawn?
3. It is a story advocating against fraternitcide, jealousy, and murder why should it not be said? Also, news flash, people are allowed to believe what they want to believe.
4. So do you even know what thalt shall not kill refer to? The point is that murder sepeartes you from god. Saying thalt shall not kill is not contradictory to someone killing someone getting punished.
5. So people misread and misinterpret a book? Please explain to me why this matters.
6. I'm not punctuating with smilies and making multiple blatant grammatical errors.[/quote]

1.I am here to find more out maybe im here to rant on with my uneducted grammar and punctuation.
Oh maybe I needed to add from the crazy Christian down the road, for source thats the only source people, It is not me that needs to state facts Im not the believer. I only relate what i hear from your fellow believers (The source), So no it is not my place to provide such, I feel any reference pesented to you, you'd argue anyway, maybe because you dont actually know/remember yourself :lol: in which case you've wasted your time in replying to that question where as i have not, because you have not proven this to me otherwise. Maybe you assume assertion becuase of no documented reference the fact of the matter is why would i waste time telling you what these things are that I have been relayed from your fellow Christians maybe this is also why alot of you argue between yourselves.
2.I cant drive my neighbours car but that does not stop me from asking because i am his equal and friend he may let me drive it i dont expect you to get this either as you dont get that ranks are not equal, and that having ranks in a religion of all created equals is not being equal this is plain and simple ranking. ill put it like this then, line up ranks of religion and ask a kid who they think is the boss is your answer will be fact as they will choose the most flamboyant garmented indiviual of higher ranking depicting not equal hows that ;) . where is it i state people get to have it, I STATED View VIEW all documents at anytime which is why misreading is a problem It seems you also need to research the vatican pasted below may help you which i understand are the property of the pope he is your equal you should go see these documents oh shi* no you cant only scholars ah tuff luck you cant see these until they have been edited for digital publication and even then not all. my understanding of the church accumilating documents leads to theift and pillaging of these items, in bloody wars on the innocent but in the name of god eh.
3.No it should not be said as there are still those of you depicting TRUTH in this story wake up i said this.NEWS FLASH TAKE NOTE OF YOUR NEWS FLASH brings me back to my orignal statement Full of Contradictions wakey wakey,this is my belief derived from your fellow Christians hello if you believe in what you state people are allowed to believe what thay want to believe then OMG why you even bother typing.
4."Saying thalt shall not kill is not contradictory to someone killing someone getting punished".no it isnt but the its is a contradiction to writings in the bible for just the murder of which was stated in the first place with out the punishment involved the punishment came later which remains a contradiction until stated do you not see my point, as i didnt not mention said punishement till twas mentioned by yourselve, having said that i still feell the same on this. the magic round about eh
5&6 wow so let me get this right it is ok for you to misread misinterpret text but yet i have to sort out my Grammar for you,
well educated thinking pmsl this is just the same nice maybe youd ask for the smiley faces to be removed from the forum the thread is not a serious thread for me to dedicate my grammer pronounciation too alike your reading it seems.
oh nearly forgot St Pauls Cathedral London 2011 oct 31st and also 2014 seperate matter which saw disabled people protesting shame
Source Wikipedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Seal of the Vatican Secret Archives

The Vatican Secret Archives (Latin: Archivum Secretum Apostolicum Vaticanum), located in Vatican City, is the central repository for all of the acts promulgated by the Holy See. The Pope, having primal incumbency until death or resignation, owns the archives until the next appointed Papal successor. The archives also contain the state papers, correspondence, papal account books,[1] and many other documents which the church has accumulated over the centuries. In the 17th century, under the orders of Pope Paul V, the Secret Archives were separated from the Vatican Library, where scholars had some very limited access to them, and remained absolutely closed to outsiders until 1881, when Pope Leo XIII opened them to researchers, more than a thousand of whom now examine its documents each year.[2]

The use of the word "secret" in the title "Vatican Secret Archives" does not denote the modern meaning of confidentiality. Its meaning is closer to that of the word "private", indicating that the archives are the Pope's personal property, not belonging to those of any particular department of the Roman Curia or the Holy See. The word "secret" was generally used in this sense as also reflected in phrases such as "secret servants", "secret cupbearer", "secret carver", or "secretary", much like an esteemed position of honor and regard comparable to a VIP.[3]

Access[edit]

The entrance to the Archives, adjacent to the Vatican Library, is approached through the Porta di S. Anna in via di Porta Angelica (rione of Borgo). New underground storage space was added in 1980.[8]

Qualified scholars from institutions of higher education pursuing scientific researches, with an adequate knowledge of archival research, could apply for an entry card. Scholars need an introductory letter by either a recognized institute of research or by a suitably qualified person in the field of historical research. Applicants need to specify their personal data (name, address etc.) as well as the purpose of their research. Undergraduate students are not admitted.

Recent Archivists were Cardinals Raffaele Farina, Jorge María Mejía and Luigi Poggi.
this little copy and paste says to me no you can not see all, text also states

User avatar
Marxist-Leninist Germany
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 45
Founded: Dec 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Marxist-Leninist Germany » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:11 pm

Why Christianity? Wouldent the sensible comparison be atheism vs theism?
DeutscheDemokratischeRepublik
Economic Left/Right: -7.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.23
Until I can get around to making a factbook, this nations is very much just the DDR but in modern day, and encompasses all of present day Germany. NS Stats are to be considered canon until further notice.
Tears for Fears wrote:Everybody wants to rule the world

User avatar
Marxist-Leninist Germany
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 45
Founded: Dec 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Marxist-Leninist Germany » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:20 pm

Bataviria wrote:
Immoren wrote:
You believe in Great Green Arkleseizure?


I believe in God, the objective truth.

It is not an objective truth by any stretch of the definition.
DeutscheDemokratischeRepublik
Economic Left/Right: -7.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.23
Until I can get around to making a factbook, this nations is very much just the DDR but in modern day, and encompasses all of present day Germany. NS Stats are to be considered canon until further notice.
Tears for Fears wrote:Everybody wants to rule the world

User avatar
Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15693
Founded: Feb 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:01 pm

Vox populi est autem Vox de Humus wrote: -snip-



1. Claimant has the onus to provide sources for their claims, no matter how well known they may be. Recipient does not. While you may not be a believer, you are making claims about the belief system that require citation, therefor you must back your claim with evidence. Also : anecdotal evidence is not data or fact. And also, grammar is a legitimate criticism, in order to understand your argument one must be able to comprehend it.

2. (Your anarchist sympathies are showing) No one is stopping you from "asking" to borrow the Popes car. But they don't have to give it to you, and they won't but that is their choice. Has nothing to do with equality. Also Christianity says God judges each equally Romans 3:23, not that each man is equal to all others. And lastly, maybe you missed what I said earlier, but the reason only certified archivists are granted access, is because these objects are thousands of years old and will literally fall apart if you handle them incorrectly. Only certified archivists are trusted with handling such fragile objects.

3.yes some do. However you seem to ascribe a universality of blame to all Christians, when it is only a small minority. Catholicism, the largest sect of Christianity promotes evolution and an allegorical understanding of the creation story. Also it is important to note that your antics in this section, only do yourself a disservice. You make your "opponent" appear much more level headed and respectable than yourself. Do with this what you will.

4.Um... What? That was truly an incomprehensible statement. Please restate properly.

5/6. Do you want us to do the same butchering of interpretation to your words that we do to scripture? No? Then state your points succinctly and clearly. Apparently, this thread is serious enough if you are posting here. The "I'm so above this thread" bullshit is clearly that. You can't use intentionally shitty grammar and then blame us for not understanding you. The onus is not on us to understand but is on you to be understood.
Last edited by Tarsonis Survivors on Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ecclesiastes 1:18 "For in much wisdom is much vexation, and those who increase knowledge increase sorrow"
Galatians 6:7 " Do not be deceived; God is not mocked, for you reap whatever you sow."
1 Corinthians 5:12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside?
T. Stevens: "I don't hold with equality in all things, but I believe in equality under the Law."
James I of Aragon "Have you ever considered that our position is Idolatry to the Rabbi?"
A. Lincoln: "My concern is not whether God is on our side, My greatest concern is to be on God's side."
Debating Christian Theology with Non-Christians pretty much anybody be like

User avatar
Vox populi est autem Vox de Humus
Secretary
 
Posts: 28
Founded: Dec 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vox populi est autem Vox de Humus » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:25 am

Tarsonis Survivors wrote:
Vox populi est autem Vox de Humus wrote: -snip-



1. Claimant has the onus to provide sources for their claims, no matter how well known they may be. Recipient does not. While you may not be a believer, you are making claims about the belief system that require citation, therefor you must back your claim with evidence. Also : anecdotal evidence is not data or fact. And also, grammar is a legitimate criticism, in order to understand your argument one must be able to comprehend it.

2. (Your anarchist sympathies are showing) No one is stopping you from "asking" to borrow the Popes car. But they don't have to give it to you, and they won't but that is their choice. Has nothing to do with equality. Also Christianity says God judges each equally Romans 3:23, not that each man is equal to all others. And lastly, maybe you missed what I said earlier, but the reason only certified archivists are granted access, is because these objects are thousands of years old and will literally fall apart if you handle them incorrectly. Only certified archivists are trusted with handling such fragile objects.

3.yes some do. However you seem to ascribe a universality of blame to all Christians, when it is only a small minority. Catholicism, the largest sect of Christianity promotes evolution and an allegorical understanding of the creation story. Also it is important to note that your antics in this section, only do yourself a disservice. You make your "opponent" appear much more level headed and respectable than yourself. Do with this what you will.

4.Um... What? That was truly an incomprehensible statement. Please restate properly.

5/6. Do you want us to do the same butchering of interpretation to your words that we do to scripture? No? Then state your points succinctly and clearly. Apparently, this thread is serious enough if you are posting here. The "I'm so above this thread" bullshit is clearly that. You can't use intentionally shitty grammar and then blame us for not understanding you. The onus is not on us to understand but is on you to be understood.

1. Claimant has the onus to provide sources for their claims, no matter how well known they may be. Recipient does not. While you may not be a believer, you are making claims about the belief system that require citation, therefor you must back your claim with evidence. Also : anecdotal evidence is not data or fact. And also, grammar is a legitimate criticism, in order to understand your argument one must be able to comprehend it.

2. (Your anarchist sympathies are showing) No one is stopping you from "asking" to borrow the Popes car. But they don't have to give it to you, and they won't but that is their choice. Has nothing to do with equality. Also Christianity says God judges each equally Romans 3:23, not that each man is equal to all others. And lastly, maybe you missed what I said earlier, but the reason only certified archivists are granted access, is because these objects are thousands of years old and will literally fall apart if you handle them incorrectly. Only certified archivists are trusted with handling such fragile objects.

3.yes some do. However you seem to ascribe a universality of blame to all Christians, when it is only a small minority. Catholicism, the largest sect of Christianity promotes evolution and an allegorical understanding of the creation story. Also it is important to note that your antics in this section, only do yourself a disservice. You make your "opponent" appear much more level headed and respectable than yourself. Do with this what you will.

4.Um... What? That was truly an incomprehensible statement. Please restate properly.

5/6. Do you want us to do the same butchering of interpretation to your words that we do to scripture? No? Then state your points succinctly and clearly. Apparently, this thread is serious enough if you are posting here. The "I'm so above this thread" bullshit is clearly that. You can't use intentionally shitty grammar and then blame us for not understanding you. The onus is not on us to understand but is on you to be understood.[/quote]

If i had respect for my religion (if i had one) as some Christians believe they do, then id be more inclined to show him/her the way rather than listern to hersey half arsed quotations wouldnt you? obviously not. to be hit with the corrrect facts is more productive no?
1.anecdotal evidence is not data or fact which was quoted by said Christians is to be taken as fact by a hearing non Christian as youd have thought said Christians to be Correct untill otherwise shown the correct way by other Christians No?
grammar is not legitimate critisim when its seen to have one person struggle with so more discrimation. i feel discrimination as a lack of education was shown so therefore jumped upon to insight hatred speech perhaps not that im too bothered with this in mind to understand and comprehend my argument one must read it as it is in simple terms.
lol anarchist views dont jump the gun merely relaying what other christians have said is no form of this also no belief in or promises of.
Full Definition of ANARCHIST. 1 : a person who rebels against any authority, established order, or ruling power. 2 : a person who believes in, advocates, or promotes anarchism or anarchy; especially : one who uses violent means to overthrow the established order.
2.is it all people who have trouble reading and quoting show me the point where i want to borrow the popes car. i stated neighbour for the senario i gave myself i asked another Christian if he can ride the popes cart? (his equal) is that to hard to read it must be its been skipped and alterd as a come back involving choice obviously we all have a choice but because pope would looking down upon subject this would suggest he feels he is above his equal "My brethren, do not hold the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with partiality. For if there should come into your assembly a man with gold rings, in fine apparel, and there should also come in a poor man in filthy clothes, and you pay attention to the one wearing the fine clothes and say to him, "You sit here in a good place," and say to the poor man, "You stand there," or, "Sit here at my footstool," have you not shown partiality among yourselves, and become judges with evil thoughts? Listen, my beloved brethren: Has God not chosen the poor of this world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which He promised to those who love Him? But you have dishonored the poor man. Do not the rich oppress you and drag you into the courts? Do they not blaspheme that noble name by which you are called? If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself," you do well; but if you show partiality, you commit sin, and are convicted by the law as transgressors" (James 2:1-9) suggests all are equal....................bundge up pope ima get a ride " noo crettin begone" do you get it now. No i didnt miss it i skipped it i know this does not stop them from being sealed in glass cabinets for all to see alike our 1215 magna carta you also underestimate the strenght of the hemp parchment these are wrote on.
3.woooo yes some do thats all that is needed for this answer please how do you decide it is small minority do you all know them all ;) i know not of any catholic to hear such things from i think i did state christians / born again christians so this Catholic statement has no relivance here.
"Also Christianity says God judges each equally Romans 3:23" sorry i cannot find these words of reference you quote, is this the same Romans 3:23
Romans 3:23
For all haue sinned, and come short of the glory of God,
- 1611 King James Bible
Other Translations of Romans 3:23
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
- King James Version (Cambridge Edition)
for all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God;
- American Standard Version (1901)
For all have done wrong and are far from the glory of God;
- Basic English Bible
For all have done wrong and are far from the glory of God;
- Darby Bible
Romans 3:23 For all have sinned. This has been already shown. And come short of the glory of God. Wycliffe says, "Have need of the glory of God". I believe this suggests the idea. Man was made originally in the image of God. He was then sinless. No sinner is in the Divine image. All have sinned, and to have the divine likeness restored, need to have their sins blotted out. Until this is done they come short of the glory of God.
- People's Bible
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
- Webster's Bible
for all alike have sinned, and all consciously come short of the glory of God,
- Weymouth Bible
for all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God;
- World English Bible
For alle men synneden, and han nede to the glorie of God;
- Wycliffe Bible
for all did sin, and are come short of the glory of God --
- Youngs Literal Bible
http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Rom ... -1611-KJV/

"Also it is important to note that your antics in this section, only do yourself a disservice". antics antics this is self defence to defend statements which seem to be added with context not even asked by me this is justice, i was happy leaving my original statement as it was till asked."You make your "opponent" appear much more level headed and respectable than yourself. Do with this what you will.i dont see that all i see is by adding context misquoting misreading misinterpeting only shows a disservice to those who done this. i have merely corrected these if it shows more respectable then myself then good on ya but it does not this is just your opinion a more level headed person would tell you that,are you level headed if you can not grasp basic ranking as not equal. are you sure respect did not go out the window when focusing on someones grammar and not the reasoning or understanding of and not the subect at matter, Is'nt assuming someone to have anachist beliefs dissrespectful? good on ya
you quote
"The "I'm so above this thread"" yet i said "the thread is not a serious thread for me to dedicate my grammer pronounciation too alike your reading it seems" that does not say im so above this thread you sound like my misses like you say yes bullshi* but as respectfull as i am im not actually swearing without*** would suggest your respect to be flying out the window, if i feel above the thread id not state anything and as this is half arsed grammar proper grammar gets spell and grammar check i cant do that here for me to do id take awhile to reply like it is now maybe i should be a scribe to enter posts here or any where but i see alot that make less sence then mine is a person with a disability really expected to write like geoffrey chaucer in every post it is not " intentionally shitty grammar " SO F***ING WHAT IM NOT THAT GOOD AT IT which suggests that i have simple mind in turn simple writing of which an educated moron would be able to see what is simply infront of them simple is it not, but i cant be that simple as i seem to be able to understand most writing, so are you even simpler as you can not understand a simple mind.
i cant teach you how to read any given text i cant help the fact that i have mentioned just about the same thing 2-3-4 times with simple senarios to help you yet still its not grasped but twisted via replies so i stand by discriminate statement you should find yourself lucky with the medioca grammar here normally id be filling with profanity since that is spoken evey other word from me i doubt you understand that too just for simple arguments sake.

User avatar
New DeCapito
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1215
Founded: Dec 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New DeCapito » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:29 am

I'm really sorry, but tl;dr.
If you want to make a point, make it short or nobody will read it.
Liberal, egalitarian. Correct me if I become too outspoken.

User avatar
Vox populi est autem Vox de Humus
Secretary
 
Posts: 28
Founded: Dec 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vox populi est autem Vox de Humus » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:00 am

New DeCapito wrote:I'm really sorry, but tl;dr.
If you want to make a point, make it short or nobody will read it.


oh it was very short

Vox populi est autem Vox de Humus wrote:If christianity wasnt full contridictions then they would have an arguement otherwise Atheism wins

User avatar
Creepoc Infinite
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1573
Founded: Jan 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Creepoc Infinite » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:50 am

Just bought a new book.
God Is Not Great
Signed, Creepoc Infinite
Secularism should be implemented everywhere at all times, get god out of politics. Get god away from impressionable children while you're at it.
check out my region, here.
Star Wars:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=328953

User avatar
Pragia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7190
Founded: May 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Pragia » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:23 am

1. I cannot read this first paragraph, at all. Grammar is a completely legitimate criticism. If you just splurge a wall of illegible/incomprehensible text, then you will not be understood or argued. It's a shame you feel discriminated against, welcome to the Nationstates.
2. So if someone doesn't give you their car, they're above you? It's the Vatican's property, not yours. Also, your (excessively long) bible quote refers to the congregation, not the clergy. Unnessecary hemp reference is unnessecary, as is unnessecary Magna Carta reference.
3. Catholics are Christians. The Pope is Catholic. If you're referring to the Papacy in any capacity, you're referring to the Catholic Church, therefore relevant.

"21 But now apart from the law the righteousness of God has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. 22 This righteousness is given through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile, 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus."

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans+3

You made a baseless claim in a debate thread and didn't think you'd be called out on it? Seriously? Also ranking criticism is still baseless. Please either stop arguing for all of our eyes' sakes, or actually back your claims and use real grammar.

Your grammar is your responsibility. If you don't want to be misinterpreted, make your damn argument legible.
In OOC call me Tom.
The Empire of Pretantia wrote:
Pragia wrote:And, let it be known that pretentias 2000th post was begging for mercy... From me.

What?! You asshole!

User avatar
CTALNH
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9596
Founded: Jul 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby CTALNH » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:56 am

Bunkeranlage wrote:This argument's been going on for 2,000 years. Neither side has been able to fully convince the other.

Convince from what? Change someones belief? That ain't happening except if they want it.
"This guy is a State socialist, which doesn't so much mean mass murder and totalitarianism as it means trying to have a strong state to lead the way out of poverty and towards a bright future. Strict state control of the economy is necessary to make the great leap forward into that brighter future, and all elements of society must be sure to contribute or else."
Economic Left/Right: -9.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.64
Lawful Neutral/Lawful Evil half and half.
Authoritarian Extreme Leftist because fuck pre-existing Ideologies.
"Epicus Doomicus Metallicus"
Radical Anti-Radical Feminist Feminist
S.W.I.F: Sex Worker Inclusionary Feminist.
T.I.F: Trans Inclusionary Feminist

User avatar
Ripoll
Minister
 
Posts: 2452
Founded: Nov 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ripoll » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:01 am

Education, public investment, and SCIENTIFIC advancement will all mold religious people to be productive and utilize their religion as a force of maximizing living standards. Targetting religious communities will do they opposite of what we all want and will always end in radical backlash.
- Moderate Right Winger
- New Englander Liberal
-Profoundly Patriotic
-Objective and Pragmatic

I align myself with the democratic party, but I respect various moderate conservatives such as John Huntsman, John McCain, etc.

Political Compass | Economic 1.88 Social 0.77

Pro - Capitalism, Adam Smith, Mixed Economies, Radical Centrism, Moderates, Free and Fair trade, Affordable Care Act, Globalisation, Democracy.

Con - Socialism, Communism, Anarchism, Political Extremism, Self Righteous Atheists, Central Planning, libertarians, gold standard, and Ron Paul

User avatar
Menassa
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33354
Founded: Aug 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Menassa » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:08 am

Creepoc Infinite wrote:Just bought a new book.
God Is Not Great

I'm proud of you... and Ringo's proud of you too.
-NS's one and only Tanna!
Radical Monotheist
Their hollow inheritance.
This is my god and I shall exalt him
The NS Steam Thread
Jewish Discussion Thread בְּ
"A missionary uses the Bible like a drunk uses a lamppost, not so much for illumination, but for support"
"Imagine of a bunch of Zulu tribesmen told Congress how to read the Constitution, that's how it feels to a Jew when you tell us how to read our bible"
"God said: you must teach, as I taught, without a fee."
"Against your will you are formed, against your will you are born, against your will you live, against your will you die, and against your will you are destined to give a judgement and accounting before the king, king of all kings..."

User avatar
New DeCapito
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1215
Founded: Dec 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New DeCapito » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:11 am

Vox populi est autem Vox de Humus wrote:
New DeCapito wrote:I'm really sorry, but tl;dr.
If you want to make a point, make it short or nobody will read it.


oh it was very short

Vox populi est autem Vox de Humus wrote:If christianity wasnt full contridictions then they would have an arguement otherwise Atheism wins

I meant the post you made right above my post. That really long one. It was so long, I don't even know which side you take.
Last edited by New DeCapito on Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Liberal, egalitarian. Correct me if I become too outspoken.

User avatar
Ripoll
Minister
 
Posts: 2452
Founded: Nov 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ripoll » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:12 am

Radical secularlists and atheistic internet culture as a whole is not helping the goal they wish to attain.

Most modern relgiously influenced schools do not teach religion as a replacement for scientific advancement, rather they suggest the notion that scientific advancement is our duty as human beings. It is our obligation to develop higher living standards, and this religious interpretation does far more good than harm.

It's time to end the athetistic internet culture and start to aid scientific advancement and call for religion to be the why and science to be what and how.
- Moderate Right Winger
- New Englander Liberal
-Profoundly Patriotic
-Objective and Pragmatic

I align myself with the democratic party, but I respect various moderate conservatives such as John Huntsman, John McCain, etc.

Political Compass | Economic 1.88 Social 0.77

Pro - Capitalism, Adam Smith, Mixed Economies, Radical Centrism, Moderates, Free and Fair trade, Affordable Care Act, Globalisation, Democracy.

Con - Socialism, Communism, Anarchism, Political Extremism, Self Righteous Atheists, Central Planning, libertarians, gold standard, and Ron Paul

User avatar
New DeCapito
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1215
Founded: Dec 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New DeCapito » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:17 am

Ripoll wrote:Radical secularlists and atheistic internet culture as a whole is not helping the goal they wish to attain.

Most modern relgiously influenced schools do not teach religion as a replacement for scientific advancement, rather they suggest the notion that scientific advancement is our duty as human beings. It is our obligation to develop higher living standards, and this religious interpretation does far more good than harm.

It's time to end the athetistic internet culture and start to aid scientific advancement and call for religion to be the why and science to be what and how.

Why can't science be the why too? E.g, Why does love happen? Because different chemicals are released into your bloodstream.
Liberal, egalitarian. Correct me if I become too outspoken.

User avatar
Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15693
Founded: Feb 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:55 am

New DeCapito wrote:
Ripoll wrote:Radical secularlists and atheistic internet culture as a whole is not helping the goal they wish to attain.

Most modern relgiously influenced schools do not teach religion as a replacement for scientific advancement, rather they suggest the notion that scientific advancement is our duty as human beings. It is our obligation to develop higher living standards, and this religious interpretation does far more good than harm.

It's time to end the athetistic internet culture and start to aid scientific advancement and call for religion to be the why and science to be what and how.

Why can't science be the why too? E.g, Why does love happen? Because different chemicals are released into your bloodstream.


Yeah that it explains the how of love, but it doesn't explain the why. Why this or that, or why love is even a thing. Love is the most counter intuitive part of the human psyche.
Ecclesiastes 1:18 "For in much wisdom is much vexation, and those who increase knowledge increase sorrow"
Galatians 6:7 " Do not be deceived; God is not mocked, for you reap whatever you sow."
1 Corinthians 5:12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside?
T. Stevens: "I don't hold with equality in all things, but I believe in equality under the Law."
James I of Aragon "Have you ever considered that our position is Idolatry to the Rabbi?"
A. Lincoln: "My concern is not whether God is on our side, My greatest concern is to be on God's side."
Debating Christian Theology with Non-Christians pretty much anybody be like

User avatar
Creepoc Infinite
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1573
Founded: Jan 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Creepoc Infinite » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:34 am

Tarsonis Survivors wrote:
New DeCapito wrote:Why can't science be the why too? E.g, Why does love happen? Because different chemicals are released into your bloodstream.


Yeah that it explains the how of love, but it doesn't explain the why. Why this or that, or why love is even a thing. Love is the most counter intuitive part of the human psyche.

Love doesn't have any deeper inherent meaning.
Cocaine produces the same high as being in love.
We assign a meaning to love.
Love means what it means because we say it does. Love is not a thing and does not exist outside the human psyche.
And why does there have to be a why?
Signed, Creepoc Infinite
Secularism should be implemented everywhere at all times, get god out of politics. Get god away from impressionable children while you're at it.
check out my region, here.
Star Wars:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=328953

User avatar
The Union of Tentacles and Grapes
Diplomat
 
Posts: 787
Founded: Sep 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Union of Tentacles and Grapes » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:36 am

Tarsonis Survivors wrote:
New DeCapito wrote:Why can't science be the why too? E.g, Why does love happen? Because different chemicals are released into your bloodstream.


Yeah that it explains the how of love, but it doesn't explain the why. Why this or that, or why love is even a thing. Love is the most counter intuitive part of the human psyche.

No, science is the ONLY thing that has provided evidenced answers to either of those questions.

How: a complicated array of neurological processes as well as neuroendocrine and subsequent endocrine responses.
Why: love, like other emotions, provides some advantage to the survival as a species. Some examples: increasing parental care, giving children better survival rates; fomenting familial bonds, increasing naive altruism reactions to be even more effective, as well as providing further child-rearing support outside of parentage; attenuating arousal responses towards better mates, thus improving sex selection pressure; maintaining mating bonds after copulation, resulting in distributed childcare burdens and long-term mating bonds with better chances of successful offspring, especially once offspring inter-dependability begins to kick in.

Religion, on the other hand, provides the non-explanation of "[insert supernatural reason here] did it"
Last edited by The Union of Tentacles and Grapes on Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Herskerstad
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10259
Founded: Dec 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Herskerstad » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:26 am

Creepoc Infinite wrote:
Tarsonis Survivors wrote:
Yeah that it explains the how of love, but it doesn't explain the why. Why this or that, or why love is even a thing. Love is the most counter intuitive part of the human psyche.

Love doesn't have any deeper inherent meaning.
Cocaine produces the same high as being in love.
We assign a meaning to love.
Love means what it means because we say it does. Love is not a thing and does not exist outside the human psyche.
And why does there have to be a why?


The two worst things in the world is an early philosopher, and one that starts late.
Although the stars do not speak, even in being silent they cry out. - John Calvin

User avatar
Yuketobaniac
Diplomat
 
Posts: 649
Founded: May 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Yuketobaniac » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:29 am

your destroying NS with these threads
Reblian civil war -Won
The Great War of geneviena 2014-Won
Eleventh Gilean war 2014-Won
The Bosakian Invasion of Daritii 2014-Withdrawl
World War I-Lost
Operation southern comfort 2015-Won
War On Ravon-Won
World war II-Lost
nope T-14 it'll prove to be a piece of junk, stick with the T-90 and T-72 and upgrade those to be better hellfire targets XDXDXD

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Agarntrop, Al Mumtahanah, Auzkhia, Berhakonia, Camarder, Cannot think of a name, Diovstan, Duvniask, EastKekistan, ECKU, Fartsniffage, Geneviev, Ghost Land, Google [Bot], Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States, Ifreann, Inkopolitia, Kragholm Free States, Kubra, Leopurra, Loben The 2nd, Majestic-12 [Bot], Minimark, Necroghastia, Niwe Myrce, Nova Cyberia, Paleoconservative Citizens, Petrolheadia, Saralonia, Scomagia, Shrillland, Silver Commonwealth, South Odreria, The Blaatschapen, The Caleshan Valkyrie, The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp, The Holy Therns, The neo glactic empire, The Supreme Magnificent High Swaglord, The V O I D, Trollzyn the Infinite, Vysnia, Zurkerx

Advertisement

Remove ads