NATION

PASSWORD

Why do people hate republicans?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Scyobayrynn
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Scyobayrynn » Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:57 pm

The Cold Place wrote:1.Because I know people who still think that Obama was born in Kenya...in 2014.
2.Because I have never meet a republican who thinks global warming is real.
3.Because of Glenn Beck.
4.Because of the extended coverage of the 2012 Benghazi attacks in congress and on Fox.
5.Because of the lack of coverage of all the other embassy attacks after that one.
6.Because of Fox and Friends. Seriously.
7.Because of how much of a shill Strossel became.
8.Because of Fox News.
9.Because of the endless conspiracy theories.
10.Because of home schooling
11.Because of rolling coal
12.Because of failed economic policies.
13.Because of the hatred of any environmental policy.
14.Because of the hatred of government organizations
15.Because of the AstroTurfed tea party.
16.Because of state level republican politics
17.Because of local level republican politics
18.Because of their ability to turn religious leaders into coal apologists
19.Because of their willingness to cut welfare programs to build overpriced fighter aircraft.
20.And the list continues.

1.So because you know stupid people you hate all republicans...yeah thats not completely irrational.
2. Kerry Emanuel one of the foremost scientists on Climate Change(yes professor of Meteorology at MIT), and a Registered Republican. Youre welcome. but Ill do you one better, in 2012 the Christian Coalition of America flew Kerry to the GOP Presidential candidates to try to impress upon them that SOMETHING must done about Climate Change. Republicans and Christians with one stone...youre double welcome.
3. Yeah Im with you there, he's a dick
4. To be entirely fair, American died, and the events leading up to that event were mishandled. I would never defend Faux News, but in this regards their bias was a needed evil. This is my opinion as a hater of both parties.
5. Thats not the fault of the Republicans, thats the fault of mass media. Which is decidedly not in the pocket of the republicans OR of the State Department of the White House all of whom could have been more vocal. But which attacks specifically and which attacks that were as organized and resulted in a loss of life? Keep in mind, an incomparable event, shouldnt get comparable coverage.
6. YOu cover that with Fox News-- redundant
7. Do you mean John Stossel -- this is Fox News Again redundant
8. Okay-- so you realize that out of 19 statements you made 3(15%) of them were about a single Cable News Network, you claim to hate millions of people and the LARGEST single reason is because of a Cable News Network.
9. Not a phenomenon of the Republicans alone--unless you either are forgetting the Harassment given to victims and families of victims of 9/11 by the "Inside Job" crowd, you know the ones who said NeoCons did 9/11. The ones who harassed people mourning the deaths of loved ones...so youll forgive me if fucking with a public figure about his birth certificate-- a claim easily refuted doesnt rank nearly as high on my list of Dickheadery.
10. Thats just ignorant.
11. Rolling Coal, I actually agree with. Diesel(which is how you throw smoke) is a far better method for saving the environment than Hybrids, and the phenomenon is again not "Republicans" so much as people who hate Prius drivers. Which I dont hate prius drivers, but I hate people dont grasp that Diesel will serve the environment better than electric cars(diesel electric hybrids being the best, plug ins being the worst), I do however love reading about rolling coal Liberal writers call it "conspicuous consumption" when Diesel is highly efficient.
12. LOL are you fucking joking. Look man, the Republicans do not have a monopoly on shitting on our economy. Get real.
13. Sierra Club, Nixon, SEE 1., the Green Hornet, You will in fact be hard pressed to find any long standing environmental protection policy that is not republican AUTHORED, and assuredly republican supported. This trend today is exceedingly recent, the Republicans by sheer volume of work done are the Party of the Environment.
14. IM sorry wut, Nonsense.
15. Tea Party, yeah much like Beck they is nothing to say about them but -WOW. Of course hating REPUBLICANS for TEA PARTY is kind of like MUSLIMS for ALQEADA.
16. Specifics or its nonsense
17. SEE 16
18. Coal doesnt need apologizing for
19. Yes because no Deomcrat in the History of the American Military Industrial Complex hasnt spent billions on Military technology...grow up. Welfare isnt cut because of Defense spending and no reasonable person has ever suggested such. Welfare spending when ever it is cut is cut for political motives alone.
20. No it doesnt.
The Gay
Atheist or Agnostic
Muath al-Kaseasbeh Jordanian hero, Muslim martyr.

The Cold Place
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cold Place » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:51 pm

Scyobayrynn wrote:
The Cold Place wrote:1.Because I know people who still think that Obama was born in Kenya...in 2014.
2.Because I have never meet a republican who thinks global warming is real.
3.Because of Glenn Beck.
4.Because of the extended coverage of the 2012 Benghazi attacks in congress and on Fox.
5.Because of the lack of coverage of all the other embassy attacks after that one.
6.Because of Fox and Friends. Seriously.
7.Because of how much of a shill Strossel became.
8.Because of Fox News.
9.Because of the endless conspiracy theories.
10.Because of home schooling
11.Because of rolling coal
12.Because of failed economic policies.
13.Because of the hatred of any environmental policy.
14.Because of the hatred of government organizations
15.Because of the AstroTurfed tea party.
16.Because of state level republican politics
17.Because of local level republican politics
18.Because of their ability to turn religious leaders into coal apologists
19.Because of their willingness to cut welfare programs to build overpriced fighter aircraft.
20.And the list continues.

1.So because you know stupid people you hate all republicans...yeah thats not completely irrational.
2. Kerry Emanuel one of the foremost scientists on Climate Change(yes professor of Meteorology at MIT), and a Registered Republican. Youre welcome. but Ill do you one better, in 2012 the Christian Coalition of America flew Kerry to the GOP Presidential candidates to try to impress upon them that SOMETHING must done about Climate Change. Republicans and Christians with one stone...youre double welcome.
4. To be entirely fair, American died, and the events leading up to that event were mishandled. I would never defend Faux News, but in this regards their bias was a needed evil. This is my opinion as a hater of both parties.
5. Thats not the fault of the Republicans, thats the fault of mass media. Which is decidedly not in the pocket of the republicans OR of the State Department of the White House all of whom could have been more vocal. But which attacks specifically and which attacks that were as organized and resulted in a loss of life? Keep in mind, an incomparable event, shouldnt get comparable coverage.
6. YOu cover that with Fox News-- redundant
7. Do you mean John Stossel -- this is Fox News Again redundant
8. Okay-- so you realize that out of 19 statements you made 3(15%) of them were about a single Cable News Network, you claim to hate millions of people and the LARGEST single reason is because of a Cable News Network.
9. Not a phenomenon of the Republicans alone--unless you either are forgetting the Harassment given to victims and families of victims of 9/11 by the "Inside Job" crowd, you know the ones who said NeoCons did 9/11. The ones who harassed people mourning the deaths of loved ones...so youll forgive me if fucking with a public figure about his birth certificate-- a claim easily refuted doesnt rank nearly as high on my list of Dickheadery.
10. Thats just ignorant.
11. Rolling Coal, I actually agree with. Diesel(which is how you throw smoke) is a far better method for saving the environment than Hybrids, and the phenomenon is again not "Republicans" so much as people who hate Prius drivers. Which I dont hate prius drivers, but I hate people dont grasp that Diesel will serve the environment better than electric cars(diesel electric hybrids being the best, plug ins being the worst), I do however love reading about rolling coal Liberal writers call it "conspicuous consumption" when Diesel is highly efficient.
12. LOL are you fucking joking. Look man, the Republicans do not have a monopoly on shitting on our economy. Get real.
13. Sierra Club, Nixon, SEE 1., the Green Hornet, You will in fact be hard pressed to find any long standing environmental protection policy that is not republican AUTHORED, and assuredly republican supported. This trend today is exceedingly recent, the Republicans by sheer volume of work done are the Party of the Environment.
14. IM sorry wut, Nonsense.
15. Tea Party, yeah much like Beck they is nothing to say about them but -WOW. Of course hating REPUBLICANS for TEA PARTY is kind of like MUSLIMS for ALQEADA.
16. Specifics or its nonsense
17. SEE 16

19. Yes because no Deomcrat in the History of the American Military Industrial Complex hasnt spent billions on Military technology...grow up. Welfare isnt cut because of Defense spending and no reasonable person has ever suggested such. Welfare spending when ever it is cut is cut for political motives alone.
20. No it doesnt.

First off, since this was a generalization, I used examples which I thought were representative of most republicans I have meet.

You have just proved my point,at least twice in your response with these two lines.
Thank you for at least partly conforming to part of the stereotype you were trying to debunk.

I do think that fox news is an accurate depiction of most republicans at local, state of Idaho, and federal level.

To put this into context, if Islam was a major political party, and if they had a vocal al qaeda member running for the secondary position of public power?

1. Conservationism does not equal environmentalism.
In Nixon's time air particles had recently been declared pollutants which could create a legal liability.
It was also possible to buy industrial properties with extensive hazardous waste problems, as dumping laws were coming into play
2. If you want to go the route of "old school conservative politicians were sane" argument, than I am surprised how you did not bring up Bismark implementing social security and public health insurance in Germany. Teddy and Otto von Bismark were contemporaries, in 1900.

This trend today is exceedingly recent, the Republicans by sheer volume of work done are the Party of the Environment.

I will agree that progressive republicans did a great number of things which were good and sane.
There have been 4 republican presidents since Nixon. The era which started with Reagan taking the solar panels of the white house is not exceedingly recent.

The Cold Place
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cold Place » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:54 pm

greed and death wrote:
Timsvill wrote:I'm a republican, most people here on nation states don't like my kind. I'm from Texas, that sets off a signal for democrats here on NS too start too hate me. I don't know why.

So the question is simple. Why do you democrats hate republicans. I want too see it from a democrats point of view. Why do you hate republicans? What do you not like about them. I just want too know. Tell me in a civilized way. I don't want too see this "BECAUSE YOU REPUBLICANS ARE STUPID, DUMB ASS PEOPLE WHO HATE THE NATURE!". Nothing like that. So in a civilized way, democrats of nation states! Tell me why you hate the republicans! Or dislike us republicans!

The democrats hate the republicans because the democrats prefer direct democracy over representative democracy.

Both that statement and your flag are awesome.

Scyobayrynn
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Scyobayrynn » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:32 pm

The Cold Place wrote:...snip

Sure buddy, http://endangeredspecies.about.com/od/e ... ection.htm

And sorry, but Reagan was recent, maybe if Iwas twelve it would seem like ancient history. Carter was recent, but Im sure he would be your example of bad democrat too.

Also you seem to have a clear inability to divorce the notions of political leanings Conservative/Liberal from the Parties Republican/Democrat... they are not synonyms.
But yeah, sure youre Right smokey.

Im all for hating the parties as ideological manifestations, but the problem we have today is the inability of uninformed young half involved people of all ages who lack the mental ability to separate political affiliation from persons.
People like you are the reason this country is so polarized.
Last edited by Scyobayrynn on Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
The Gay
Atheist or Agnostic
Muath al-Kaseasbeh Jordanian hero, Muslim martyr.

Previous

Return to General