NATION

PASSWORD

The morality of homosexuality

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Errinundera
Diplomat

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Errinundera » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:42 pm

Judge Death wrote:"The crime is life, the sentence is death!"

Life is a congenital disease.
The world is not cyclical, not eternal or immutable, but endlessly transforms itself, and never goes back, and we can assist in that transformation.

Live on, survive, for the earth gives forth wonders. It may swallow your heart, but the wonders keep on coming. You stand before them bareheaded, shriven. What is expected of you is attention.

(Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet)

Niur
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Niur » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:43 pm

UnhealthyTruthseeker wrote:
Niur wrote:Nope.

So why don't they count?

Because when you do everything in your power to destroy something, intentional or not, without doing everything in your power to destroy your self, you are no longer considered part of that thing you are tryng to destroy, but an enemy of it.
"In cahuitontli ca otopan, yehuantzitzin yollochipahuac tonaz, yeceh yehuantzitzin tica imanimanmeh tlahueliloc telchihualozque. In cahuitontli ca teuctlatolli ic otopan, auh yehuan quitzacua, in neltiliztli, onyezque huetztoc!"

JJ Place
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby JJ Place » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:43 pm

Niur wrote:
Takaram wrote:
Niur wrote:
Takaram wrote:
Niur wrote:
Niur wrote:Humanity no longer occurs in nature, it occurs against nature.

Bullshit. Everything. In. Existence. Is. Natural.

I consider nature to be everything except humanity.

What if I'm not human? Can I then assist in said purge and enjoy the world all to myself?

I would need proof your not human. DNA, and explosives.

Can I take the word of Fred Phelps? He says gays aren't human.

Just another person trying to save the homosexuals from the purge.

How is humanity, which desended, evolved from, and ultimatly is intertwined with, nature, apart from nature?
The price of cheese is eternal Vignotte.

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2004
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:43 pm

Grave_n_idle wrote:You could, perhaps, argue - that things that are artifacts constructed by mankind might not be 'natural' in the strictest sense, since they don't occur in 'nature', except in as much as we make them do so.

Of course, byt the same logic, a beaver's dam isn't 'natural' either... so, it looks like a losing argument.

Humans, on the other hand? We are natural, almost by definition

Since the things that happen in the brain are the product of natural forces, I fail to see how the products of human thought are any less natural than anything else.

Like I said, it's an argument, but a losing one.

It suggests a quibbe over 'natural' that ultimately isn't sustainable.

Now - if we could just prove the existence of aliens, ghosts and ghouls, or gods... we might have some kind of alternative that we could, maybe, argue as not 'natural'.
I identify as
a problem

Blouman Empire
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Blouman Empire » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:43 pm

Niur wrote:
Blouman Empire wrote:

Fail, it was an attack on people who say because homosexuality happens in nature it is perfectly alright.

What? I was responding to a comment that said that becuase sex happend in nature it was okay for the virus that is humanity to do it, but human sex does not occur in nature, only in humanity.

Yeah well I wanted a new tangent.
You know you've made it on NSG when you have a whole thread created around what you said.
On the American/United Statesian matter "I'd suggest Americans go to their nation settings and change their nation prefix to something cooler." - The Kangaroo Republic
http://nswiki.net/index.php?title=Blouman_Empire

DBC26-Winner

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:44 pm

Errinundera wrote:

And love is a social disease.

Yeah. I went there.

*shame spiral*
I identify as
a problem

Niur
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Niur » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:44 pm

Errinundera wrote:

Human life.
"In cahuitontli ca otopan, yehuantzitzin yollochipahuac tonaz, yeceh yehuantzitzin tica imanimanmeh tlahueliloc telchihualozque. In cahuitontli ca teuctlatolli ic otopan, auh yehuan quitzacua, in neltiliztli, onyezque huetztoc!"

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:45 pm

JJ Place wrote:
Niur wrote:
Takaram wrote:
Niur wrote:
Takaram wrote:
Niur wrote:

What if I'm not human? Can I then assist in said purge and enjoy the world all to myself?

How is humanity, which desended, evolved from, and ultimatly is intertwined with, nature, apart from nature?

Arbitrary desire.
I identify as
a problem

Niur
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Niur » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:45 pm

Grave_n_idle wrote:
Errinundera wrote:

Yeah. I went there.

*shame spiral*

Human love.

UnhealthyTruthseeker
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby UnhealthyTruthseeker » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:45 pm

Niur wrote:Because when you do everything in your power to destroy something, intentional or not, without doing everything in your power to destroy your self, you are no longer considered part of that thing you are tryng to destroy, but an enemy of it.

How does this make black holes unnatural? Besides, we could do FAR more than we are now to fuck up the environment. Also, your logic is extremely convoluted and it's quite hard for me to believe you're actually being serious. Are you sure you're not just trolling?
A little homework for you!

What part of L(f(t)) = Int(exp(-s*t)*f(t),t,0,inf) don't you understand?

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:46 pm

Niur wrote:
Grave_n_idle wrote:
Errinundera wrote:

Yeah. I went there.

*shame spiral*

Human love.

If I respond to this by calling it a load of shit... can I expect your response to be "human shit"?
I identify as
a problem

Niur
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Niur » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:46 pm

Niur wrote:Because when you do everything in your power to destroy something, intentional or not, without doing everything in your power to destroy your self, you are no longer considered part of that thing you are tryng to destroy, but an enemy of it.

How does this make black holes unnatural? Besides, we could do FAR more than we are now to fuck up the environment. Also, your logic is extremely convoluted and it's quite hard for me to believe you're actually being serious. Are you sure you're not just trolling?

No, just exeggrating my point of view. If I was actually trolling, my spelling would be much better than it is now.

Niur
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Niur » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:47 pm

Grave_n_idle wrote:
Niur wrote:
Grave_n_idle wrote:
Errinundera wrote:

Yeah. I went there.

*shame spiral*

Human love.

If I respond to this by calling it a load of non-human shit... can I expect your response to be "human shit"?

No.

Allbeama
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Allbeama » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:53 pm

Allbeama wrote:I would say he is better than most people who hold positions unsupported by facts and evidence, in that he admits this is the case.

But I don't get how one can be okay with holding nonsense positions. It's like admitting that they don't care if what they think is actually true. How is that even possible?

Truly it is a mystery of life. I think he just wants to be contrary and obstinate.
Agonarthis Terra, My Homeworld.
The Internet loves you. mah Factbook

Hope lies in the smouldering rubble of Empires.

JJ Place
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby JJ Place » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:58 pm

Niur wrote:

No, just exeggrating my point of view. If I was actually trolling, my spelling would be much better than it is now.

Humanity, when you look at all the problems that have ever faced this Planet, is a relitivly lesser problem to the planet. We accually make atempts to clean up our mess, something no other problem on Earth has ever done for this planet. Also, humanity has atempted to destroy itself many-a-times, in many-a-places, in may-a-ways. You're completly sure you wanted humanity, and yourself, destroyed?

Allbeama
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Allbeama » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:02 pm

Niur wrote:
Niur wrote:Nope.

So why don't they count?

Because when you do everything in your power to destroy something, intentional or not, without doing everything in your power to destroy your self, you are no longer considered part of that thing you are tryng to destroy, but an enemy of it.

It shows much arrogance to assume humans can feasibly destroy all of nature, especially considering that science suggests that if/when we destroy ourselves and most current life today on Earth, nature itself will still only have taken a barely perceivable scratch from what we have done. I mean to destroy all of nature would require a significant amount of influence. Unless we possess a technology capable of destroying the entire universe, that I am not aware of.
Last edited by Allbeama on Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UnhealthyTruthseeker
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby UnhealthyTruthseeker » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:04 pm

Allbeama wrote:It shows much arrogance to assume humans can feasibly destroy all of nature, especially considering that science suggest that when we destroy ourselves and most current life today, nature itself will still exist. I mean to destroy all of nature would require a significant amount of influence. Unless we possess a technology capable of destroying the entire universe, that I am not aware of.

Well according to his intentionally awkward definition of nature, nothing outside of Earth counts as natural.
A little homework for you!

What part of L(f(t)) = Int(exp(-s*t)*f(t),t,0,inf) don't you understand?

Allbeama
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Allbeama » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:05 pm

Allbeama wrote:It shows much arrogance to assume humans can feasibly destroy all of nature, especially considering that science suggest that when we destroy ourselves and most current life today, nature itself will still exist. I mean to destroy all of nature would require a significant amount of influence. Unless we possess a technology capable of destroying the entire universe, that I am not aware of.

Well according to his intentionally awkward definition of nature, nothing outside of Earth counts as natural.

That is simply retarded. :palm:
Last edited by Allbeama on Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Niur
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Niur » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Allbeama wrote:

That is simply insane. :palm:

I don't deny it.

Allbeama
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Allbeama » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:08 pm

Niur wrote:
Allbeama wrote:

That is simply insane. :palm:

I don't deny it.

I suppose you are like Flameswroth then. ;)

Riaka
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Riaka » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:31 pm

Niur wrote:
Grave_n_idle wrote:
Niur wrote:
Grave_n_idle wrote:
Errinundera wrote:

Yeah. I went there.

*shame spiral*

Human love.

If I respond to this by calling it a load of non-human shit... can I expect your response to be "human shit"?

No.

I'm pretty sure that means, yes, he can.
Andaluciae wrote:That's pretty much what we're doing in Afghanistan, only the target is China, and the message is don't fuck with our superpower status. If you do, we'll kill you in a variety of different ways. All of them totally fucking insane. We'll probably use bats--how would you like that China? Bats. Scary, don't you think?

JJ Place
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby JJ Place » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:07 pm

Niur wrote:
Takaram wrote:
Niur wrote:
Takaram wrote:
Niur wrote:

:palm: Phelps has no goodness in his body, or his soul.

Flameswroth
Senator

Founded: Sep 05, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Flameswroth » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:54 am

Flameswroth wrote:I think he's talking about it in terms of the actual belief, not the manner in which it is conveyed. That is to say, being 'pro-gay marriage' is the PC thing right now -- anyone openly against gay marriage is considered a bigot and a fiend who comes home crazier than usual and cuts up Heath Ledger's face.

Bigotry is essentially condemnation without rational justification. As we've seen on this thread, even with me giving them an open and honest chance, they still can't manage to form even a single logical reason that homosexuality and homosexual activities are wrong, and yet they still have a problem with gays. This fits my definition of bigotry. If they could rationally justify it, it wouldn't be bigotry. Thus condemnation of serial killers isn't bigotry.

That wasn't really my point. You did not see how your pro-SSM view is PC, since the manner in which you declare it is not PC (blunt, etc). I was simply responding that in today's society, pro-SSM in and of itself is the PC side of an argument, which may have been what he was driving at.

As for the other post, I'm not sure how "PC" can be used as a dismissive tactic for a given topic. Political correctness (adjectivally, politically correct; both forms commonly abbreviated to PC) is a term denoting language, ideas, policies, and behavior seen as seeking to minimize social offense in gender, racial, cultural, sexual orientation, handicap, and age-related contexts. (link). Surely it becomes obvious though that being pro-SSM is far more "PC" than anti-SSM, doesn't it? It's not a matter of whether "PC" is a good or bad thing, though I will concede that there are some that use "PC" in a derogatory manner.
Czardas wrote:Why should we bail out climate change with billions of dollars, when lesbians are starving in the streets because they can't afford an abortion?

Reagan Clone wrote:What you are proposing is glorifying God by loving, respecting, or at least tolerating, his other creations.

That is the gayest fucking shit I've ever heard, and I had Barry Manilow perform at the White House in '82.

Whole Conviction
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 10, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Whole Conviction » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:44 pm

Flameswroth wrote:That wasn't really my point. You did not see how your pro-SSM view is PC, since the manner in which you declare it is not PC (blunt, etc). I was simply responding that in today's society, pro-SSM in and of itself is the PC side of an argument, which may have been what he was driving at.

As for the other post, I'm not sure how "PC" can be used as a dismissive tactic for a given topic. Political correctness (adjectivally, politically correct; both forms commonly abbreviated to PC) is a term denoting language, ideas, policies, and behavior seen as seeking to minimize social offense in gender, racial, cultural, sexual orientation, handicap, and age-related contexts. (link). Surely it becomes obvious though that being pro-SSM is far more "PC" than anti-SSM, doesn't it? It's not a matter of whether "PC" is a good or bad thing, though I will concede that there are some that use "PC" in a derogatory manner.

In the context you were using it, it sure looked like a dismissive if not derogatory thing. I fail to see what your point was if it wasn't 'meh, it's all just PC.'
I got told to get a blog. So I did.

Betapeg
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Betapeg » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:56 pm

The Glorious Prince wrote:In my opinion, homosexuality is like smoking or drinking excessively, not so much a moral issue but a lifestyle issue. Homoseuality is an unhealthy lifestyle, they are more than 60 percent likely to contract aids and many other disease.

And where did you get these ridiculous stats? Your susceptibility to sexually transmitted diseases corresponds to your level of promiscuity and use of protection. Not sexual preference... :palm:
Last edited by Betapeg on Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General