NATION

PASSWORD

A True Communist Society

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Angleter
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 27, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Angleter » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:05 pm

Jello Biafra wrote:
Angleter wrote:but what 'egalitarian' society could avoid a dominant figure?

Uh, all of them, given that domination and egalitarianism are mutually exclusive.

That's why I said 'egalitarian', not egalitarian. With the establishment of a Marxist utopia governed by Direct Democracy, there would almost immediately be greed and people would flout the rules. Supposing that the other people are meant to move against the greedy one, the greedy one will do two things:

1. Get other people on his side by promising them a cut;
2. Using their cut to get weapons and money to defend against the majority.

Then, when the depleted majority comes, the minority are better armed and richer and able to take control. This happens in every council like a chain reaction, and suddenly you've got (if you're lucky) a despotic government in power or (if you're unlucky) a horrible and bloody civil war of the Somalia ilk. Each outcome has dominant figures.

Therefore, the only way to have a true or near-true Communist society is to have a (preferably small) ruling government with a strong police system to enforce egalitarianism for the masses, otherwise it simply would not work. That is a) a dreadful situation that I'd hate to be a part of, and b) quite similar in nature to the Angkar Loeu of Khmer Rouge Cambodia.
[align=center]"I gotta tell you, this is just crazy, huh! This is just nuts, OK! Jeezo man."

Previous

Return to General