NATION

PASSWORD

What if we were all christian

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Do you agree with Ann Coulter's statement?

Yes
23%
No
71%
Other (state below)
6%

Total votes : 470

Greater-London
Senator

Founded: Nov 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater-London » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:11 pm

Well it depends if we were all the same denomination of Christianity then yes it would be fine. We would all be in agreement about how the world should be and accept the consequences of that. Even those groups which Conservative Christians are hostiles too such as gay people would be fine as they would not be "practicing homosexuals" or believe that they would stop being gay through being closer to god; I admit thats a gross oversimplification of the relationship between homosexuality and Christianity but you get the picture.

If we were all Christians but divided into different sects (and considering there would now be 7 Billion thats quite likely) then we may be in trouble...
Born in Cambridge in 1993, just graduated with a 2.1 in Politics and International Relations from the University of Manchester - WHICH IS SICK

PRO: British Unionism, Commonwealth, Liberalism, Federalism, Palestine, NHS, Decriminalizing Drugs, West Ham UTD , Garage Music &, Lager
ANTI: EU, Smoking Ban, Tuition Fees, Conservatism, Crypto-Fascist lefties, Hypocrisy, Religious Fanaticism, Religion Bashing & Armchair activists

Economic Left/Right: 0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.87

Land and Freedom
Envoy

Founded: Aug 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Land and Freedom » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:11 pm

Christianity is a very broad religion, encompassing all sorts of attitudes.

Rocopurr
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Rocopurr » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:39 pm

Land and Freedom wrote:Christianity is a very broad religion, encompassing all sorts of attitudes.

This. So much this.

If everyone was Christian, there would still be intolerance and a lot of hate (same goes with any religious beliefs). Christians disagree with each other on religious matters all the time. Catholics vs Protestants, anyone? There's also the intolerance that can spawn from Christianity (I am aware that there are loving Christians, btw. Not trying to generalize). Then there are also types of hate and conflict where religious beliefs are irrelevant.

So, basically, unless everyone had the exact same religious beliefs there would be still be a lot of conflict. Even then people would still find reasons to discriminate against one another.
speed weed ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )ᕗ

Lumeau
Envoy

Founded: Nov 22, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Lumeau » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:25 pm

Why is there even a thread asking people's opinions on something Ann Coulter said? The woman is a professional troll and I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't actually believe half the crap she says. This is like a thread about whether you were pissed off that Anakin Skywalker killed younglings.

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:27 pm

Lumeau wrote:Why is there even a thread asking people's opinions on something Ann Coulter said? The woman is a professional troll and I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't actually believe half the crap she says. This is like a thread about whether you were pissed off that Anakin Skywalker killed younglings.

Well? Were you?
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent...
Freedom from religion is an integral part of Freedom of religion
Married to Koshka
USMC veteran MOS 0331/8152
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Ifreann: Odds are you're secretly a zebra with a very special keyboard.
Ostro: I think women need to be trained
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

Lumeau
Envoy

Founded: Nov 22, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Lumeau » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:30 pm

Dyakovo wrote:
Lumeau wrote:Why is there even a thread asking people's opinions on something Ann Coulter said? The woman is a professional troll and I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't actually believe half the crap she says. This is like a thread about whether you were pissed off that Anakin Skywalker killed younglings.

Well? Were you?

I was too busy being pissed off at the horrendous screenwriting.
Last edited by Lumeau on Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:31 pm

Lumeau wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:Well? Were you?

I was too busy being pissed off at the horrendous screenwriting.

That is the correct answer. You win a cookie.
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent...
Freedom from religion is an integral part of Freedom of religion
Married to Koshka
USMC veteran MOS 0331/8152
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Ifreann: Odds are you're secretly a zebra with a very special keyboard.
Ostro: I think women need to be trained
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:50 am

Dyakovo wrote:

Well? Were you?

Those kids clearly had it coming. A really biblical thing too, butchering children like so many unwanted puppies.
CVT Temp wrote:I mean, we can actually create a mathematical definition for evolution in terms of the evolutionary algorithm and then write code to deal with abstract instances of evolution, which basically equates to mathematical proof that evolution works. All that remains is to show that biological systems replicate in such a way as to satisfy the minimal criteria required for evolution to apply to them, something which has already been adequately shown time and again. At this point, we've pretty much proven that not only can evolution happen, it pretty much must happen since it's basically impossible to prevent it from happening.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General