NATION

PASSWORD

TÊTe de la Course

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Gallade
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Gallade » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:58 am

The united states of Saints wrote:
The Holy Therns wrote:Oh right, some funny Christians knocked on the door today. They wanted to tell me about some guy. Jee-sooze, I think.

He loves me, apparently. Fancy that.

-_-

Jesus loves me this I know, because YouTube ads won't shut the fuck up about it....so
|| Miss me with that factional BS || RIP Dyakovo. You were a true friend, you will be forever missed. ||

Français, en guerriers magnanimes, portez ou retenez vos coups! Épargnez ces tristes victimes à regret s'armant contre nous
My TG box is for friends, not food
Feel like making a direct change rather than just bickering over crises?
Help give orphaned children a safe environment to grow
Combat Homelessness

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:59 am

The Holy Therns wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:Did you ask for a date?

Nah, I just told them the World Mother loves them too.

Oppertunity, maybe at least get dinner and a movie out of the deal.

The united states of Saints
Minister

Founded: Feb 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The united states of Saints » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:59 am

The Holy Therns wrote:
The united states of Saints wrote:-_-

It's not a jab at Christianity, dear. It's a jab at people who knock on my door in a Protestant nation thinking I've never heard of Jesus before.

Oh thank you for clearing that up
I'm 17, male, a Charismatic Christian, a good powerlifter, junior in high school, and a very very new competitive Pokemon trainer (rookie basically in competitive battles). Friend code is 1736-1854-7919. Send me a Telegram if you want to battle.
Introduced to NS Sports in World Bowl XXIX
Achievements
World Bowl XXIX: 3rd

"Show me your friends and I'll show you your future."

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The united states of Saints » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:00 am

Gallade wrote:

Jesus loves me this I know, because YouTube ads won't shut the fuck up about it....so

I never see any ads about that
I'm 17, male, a Charismatic Christian, a good powerlifter, junior in high school, and a very very new competitive Pokemon trainer (rookie basically in competitive battles). Friend code is 1736-1854-7919. Send me a Telegram if you want to battle.
Achievements

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:01 am

Gallade wrote:

I've never seen an ad with that sort of content.

However, YouTube's got almost everything.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

The Holy Therns
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 09, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Holy Therns » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:02 am

Ethel mermania wrote:
The Holy Therns wrote:
Nah, I just told them the World Mother loves them too.

Oppertunity, maybe at least get dinner and a movie out of the deal.

I would, but I need to know it's the World Mother's will.

Hey, mom, can I date a Christian prophet?
Platitude with attitude
Your new favorite.
MTF transperson. She/her. Lives in Sweden.
Also, N A N A ! ! !
Gallade wrote:Love, cake, wine and banter. No greater meaning to life (〜^∇^)〜

Ethel mermania wrote:to therns is to transend the pettiness of the field of play into the field of dreams.

Gallade
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gallade » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:02 am

Soldati senza confini wrote:
Gallade wrote:Jesus loves me this I know, because YouTube ads won't shut the fuck up about it....so

I'm getting the same one constantly. We're broken plates or something. Maybe it's region specific.
|| Miss me with that factional BS || RIP Dyakovo. You were a true friend, you will be forever missed. ||

Français, en guerriers magnanimes, portez ou retenez vos coups! Épargnez ces tristes victimes à regret s'armant contre nous
Combat Homelessness

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The united states of Saints » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:03 am

The Holy Therns wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:Oppertunity, maybe at least get dinner and a movie out of the deal.

Im pretty sure she would say date whoever you want
Achievements

Gallade
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gallade » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:04 am

The Holy Therns wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:Oppertunity, maybe at least get dinner and a movie out of the deal.

Is he Protestant? Because I don't want any Catholic-Protestant mule grandchildren running about the place.

Combat Homelessness

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The united states of Saints » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:05 am

Gallade wrote:
The Holy Therns wrote:

Is he Protestant? Because I don't want any Catholic-Protestant mule grandchildren running about the place.

I think I stand corrected
Achievements

DesAnges
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 02, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby DesAnges » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:13 am

Gallade wrote:
The Holy Therns wrote:

Ah. Glad we didn't have kids then.
My name is Kim-Jong Ayatollah, and I'm a big boy. I'm ten and three-quarters. I have high levels of respect for this man. <3<32 NSG, two pages into a debate
@Iseabbv Don't @ me

Gallade
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gallade » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:13 am

Gallade wrote:Jesus loves me this I know, because YouTube ads won't shut the fuck up about it....so

This, if you're curious.

Combat Homelessness

Gallade
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gallade » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:15 am

DesAnges wrote:
Gallade wrote:Is he Protestant? Because I don't want any Catholic-Protestant mule grandchildren running about the place.

Ah. Glad we didn't have kids then.

So are my innards.

Though we would have probably raised them Jewish for Dad's sake.

Combat Homelessness

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:19 am

Last edited by Esternial on Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

DesAnges
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby DesAnges » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:21 am

Gallade wrote:
DesAnges wrote:Ah. Glad we didn't have kids then.

So are my innards.

Surely Buddhist. Or Hindu.
My name is Kim-Jong Ayatollah, and I'm a big boy. I'm ten and three-quarters. I have high levels of respect for this man. <3<32 NSG, two pages into a debate
@Iseabbv Don't @ me

Gallade
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gallade » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:22 am

DesAnges wrote:
Gallade wrote:So are my innards.

Surely Buddhist. Or Hindu.

Ooh, deciding my children's spouses, that could be fun.

Combat Homelessness

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:25 am

Gallade wrote:

This, if you're curious.

I got the message. We should fight genocidal religious wars until only the pure are left. Purity is all that matters, for only the pure are worthy of God's love. Dear universe, they let children watch this?
CVT Temp wrote:I mean, we can actually create a mathematical definition for evolution in terms of the evolutionary algorithm and then write code to deal with abstract instances of evolution, which basically equates to mathematical proof that evolution works. All that remains is to show that biological systems replicate in such a way as to satisfy the minimal criteria required for evolution to apply to them, something which has already been adequately shown time and again. At this point, we've pretty much proven that not only can evolution happen, it pretty much must happen since it's basically impossible to prevent it from happening.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:26 am

Gallade wrote:

This, if you're curious.

I've never seen that ad before.

It's a nice ad, but needless to say the "Jesus loves you" message is severely overused to the point of meaninglessness.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

DesAnges
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby DesAnges » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:26 am

Gallade wrote:
DesAnges wrote:Surely Buddhist. Or Hindu.

Ooh, deciding my children's spouses, that could be fun.

See, I had your meddlesome personality in mind.
@Iseabbv Don't @ me

Gallade
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gallade » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:27 am

Hurdegaryp wrote:

I got the message. We should fight genocidal religious wars until only the pure are left. Purity is all that matters, for only the pure are worthy of God's love. Dear universe, they let children watch this?

I thought the message is drop ceramic plates from tall buildings onto crowded streets, poison the water supply and burn things, all in God's name. Whoops.

Combat Homelessness

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:28 am

I've never seen that ad before.

It's a nice ad, but needless to say the "Jesus loves you" message is severely overused to the point of meaninglessness.

A common problem for all propaganda departments everywhere. If you want the masses to absorb the message by means of overexposure, often they get immune to the message.
CVT Temp wrote:I mean, we can actually create a mathematical definition for evolution in terms of the evolutionary algorithm and then write code to deal with abstract instances of evolution, which basically equates to mathematical proof that evolution works. All that remains is to show that biological systems replicate in such a way as to satisfy the minimal criteria required for evolution to apply to them, something which has already been adequately shown time and again. At this point, we've pretty much proven that not only can evolution happen, it pretty much must happen since it's basically impossible to prevent it from happening.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:28 am

Gallade wrote:
DesAnges wrote:Ah. Glad we didn't have kids then.

So are my innards.

And that's why the dress comes before the bathroom. :hug:

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:28 am

Gallade wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:I got the message. We should fight genocidal religious wars until only the pure are left. Purity is all that matters, for only the pure are worthy of God's love. Dear universe, they let children watch this?

I thought the message is drop ceramic plates from tall buildings onto crowded streets, poison the water supply and burn things, all in God's name. Whoops.

Well, you have to start somewhere.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The united states of Saints » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:35 am

Gallade wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:I got the message. We should fight genocidal religious wars until only the pure are left. Purity is all that matters, for only the pure are worthy of God's love. Dear universe, they let children watch this?

...... To you and hurde I won't even try..... Just ... Really? Congrats I'm actually annoyed now :clap:
Last edited by The united states of Saints on Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Achievements

Tagmatium
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 17, 2004
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Tagmatium » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:37 am

I learned something unfortunate today.

Near where I work, an industrial estate is being built. Where they want to put a car park, there's a 17th/18th Century (I forget precisely which) farm house. On Thursday, the county archaeologist recommended to English Heritage that it be become a listed building, as it's one of the three oldest buildings in the area, and of a unique architectural style.

"Mysteriously", it burned down that very evening.

The people building the industrial estate are rumoured to be very dodgey, up to including having members of the local council in their pockets, but this does just take the biscuit.
The above post may or may not be serious.
"For too long, we have been a passive, tolerant society, saying to our citizens: as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone."
North Calaveras wrote:Tagmatium, it was never about pie...

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General