NATION

PASSWORD

9/11

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Verzia
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Verzia » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:51 pm

SF Penguins wrote:I'm not saying the people inside the building were part of the Goverment I'm saying that the Goverment was responsible for the attacks.
http://www.evtv1.com/player.aspx?itemnum=11648
Watch the video and then tell me what you see.

watched the vid, doesn't change my mind, what happened to the plane then?

Barringtonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Barringtonia » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:51 pm

SF Penguins wrote:You just contridicted yourself.
You said planes don't start fires.
Then you said that the planes that crashed into the towers started a fire hot enough to melt steel.
So which is it, do they start fires or do they not start fires.
What he was saying is that the planes that crashed into the towers started a fire so then why didn't the supposed flight 93 not start a fire and thats not the point of the video so just finish watching it and then deny it.

There's nothing to burn crashing into dirt.
I hear babies cry, I watch them grow
They'll learn much more than I'll ever know
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world

SF Penguins
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby SF Penguins » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:53 pm

Actually it is believed that Hitler had the building set on fire so that he could assume absolute power. And yeah I think of stuff to say like this so I can get attention cause I wasn't loved as a child. Ok Dr. Phil. And if Alex Jones is such a nut then why does the Goverment fear him so much. Why do they attack him and call him a nut. Its because he's a threat.

Verzia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Verzia » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:53 pm

Arkinesia wrote:
SF Penguins wrote:How did the two towers collapse, why is there no real video footage of the Pentagon attack that actually shows the plane hitting the building.

There is footage, it was taken by a C-130 transport plane, and there is mention of it in the 9/11 Commission Report. The video, with enhanced detail so that you can see that it is in fact an airliner, is here.

If you really believe in a 9/11 conspiracy involving the attacks themselves, well, I can't say much other than you're a damn fool.

If you want to believe there's a conspiracy behind consistent failures to prevent terror attacks, well, I believe you there. Either American law enforcement is full of fucking idiots or someone doesn't want to prevent terrorism.

um, not real, or they would have shown the exploshion, you just got tricked! :p

Barringtonia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Barringtonia » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:53 pm

SF Penguins wrote:Actually it is believed that Hitler had the building set on fire so that he could assume absolute power. And yeah I think of stuff to say like this so I can get attention cause I wasn't loved as a child. Ok Dr. Phil. And if Alex Jones is such a nut then why does the Goverment fear him so much. Why do they attack him and call him a nut. Its because he's a threat.

..or because he's a nut?

SF Penguins
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby SF Penguins » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:54 pm

Steel doesn't burn either genius but some how there was a fire. Its called fuel is spread on the ground and it burns. Try it some time you'll be amazed.

Soratsin
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Soratsin » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:55 pm

SF Penguins wrote:Actually it is believed that Hitler had the building set on fire so that he could assume absolute power. And yeah I think of stuff to say like this so I can get attention cause I wasn't loved as a child. Ok Dr. Phil. And if Alex Jones is such a nut then why does the Goverment fear him so much. Why do they attack him and call him a nut. Its because he's a threat.

They don't?
Earth saw clmate chnge4 ions;will cont 2 c chnges.R duty2responsbly devlop resorces4humankind/not pollute&destroy;but cant alter naturl chng
-Sarah Palin

North West Australia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby North West Australia » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:55 pm

Hey you americans started it during your little pissing wars with the russians.
 Lang lewende Rhodesië!
Queen: Elizabeth II
Prime Minister: Sir Elshaw VII
Declared Independence: 30th of October, 2009
Capital: Darwin
Regions: North West Free State and Northern Territory
Drives on: Left
Oficial languages: English and Afrikaans
Military: None, was abolished 1 month ago after a attempted coup d'etat. Now only the Royal Guard, Royal Coast Guard, and the National Police exist.
Main Religion: De facto, The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

Map of North West Australia

Born into an uperclass Afrikaaner family in 1963. I lived the early part of my life in Rhodesia. In the late 70's, with what was left of the family I moved to Perth, Australia. I returned to Rhodesia once, but I shall never return again.

I have my deamons.

Panzerjaeger
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Panzerjaeger » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:55 pm

Except that is incorrect Hitler didn't set it where that claim comes from is because Goering made an off color joke one time to an associate about burning down the Reichstag which would have been impossible since Goering was nowhere near Berlin at the time. Thus History fail even then the Dutchmen caught in the act admitted to setting the fire in protest to the NSDAP gaining power within the Weimer Republic. The government doesn't give two shits about Alex Jones this is the bizarre batshit behavior that I hate. If Fatty Ass Jones was a real threat to the government he would be floating in the Hudson as would the rest of the 9/11 Nutters.
Friendly Neighborhood Fascist™
ФАШИЗМ БЕЗГРАНИЧНЫЙ И КРАСНЫЙ
Caninope wrote:Toyota: Keep moving forward, even when you don't want to!

Christmahanikwanzikah wrote:Timothy McVeigh casts... Pyrotechnics!

Greater Americania wrote:lol "No Comrade Ivan! Don't stick your head in there! That's the wood chi...!"

New Kereptica wrote:Fascism: because people are too smart nowadays.

New Ziedrich
Minister

Founded: Jan 24, 2006
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby New Ziedrich » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:55 pm

Dammit, do we have any structural engineers on this forum?
Science makes everything better!
“Humanity has the stars in its future, and that future is too important to be lost under the burden of juvenile folly and ignorant superstition.”
"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

Verzia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Verzia » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:55 pm

SF Penguins wrote:What do people have to gain to make up this stuff. Do you think it makes us feel good to think our goverment may have been responsible. Hell no it doesn't. And notice since 9/11 the goverment has granted itself more power than ever before. For instance the Patriot Act. Man thats a nice bill to have if you want control over the people. Legal Wire tappings, no search warrants required if they really want. Man Looks like the Goverment has a little more to gain than the so called Conspirators.

Of course they have something to gain! If they are the ones who exposes the gov. who gets the credit? Think of that, also think of the fact that the conspiracy theorists have little evidence to suggest that it was a conspiracy, some weren't even old enogh to understand what actually happened.

Drachmar
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 10, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Drachmar » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:56 pm

SF Penguins wrote:What do people have to gain to make up this stuff. Do you think it makes us feel good to think our goverment may have been responsible. Hell no it doesn't. And notice since 9/11 the goverment has granted itself more power than ever before. For instance the Patriot Act. Man thats a nice bill to have if you want control over the people. Legal Wire tappings, no search warrants required if they really want. Man Looks like the Goverment has a little more to gain than the so called Conspirators.

People generally don't believe that the security of their government would fail in such an epic manner. They'll look for scapegoats, and conspiracy where there is none.

And honestly, those wiretaps were approved under the Carter administration under FISA in 1978. The legal argument was whether or not the justice department/homeland security is able to bypass FISA to conduct intelligence gathering. FISA allows wire tapping requires a warrant to be issued within 5 days after surveillance has begun. It's that bypassing the legal obligation which is in constitutional question, not the fact that the law has been in place for 30 years.
Favorite quotes:

Grave_n_idle wrote:
United Marktoria wrote:Your unconscious mind is gold. my friend.

...which explains why people keep sticking shovels in your head.

Katganistan wrote:
North Wiedna wrote:I'm a monster in bed.

Women run screaming from you? ;)

Sel Appa
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 21, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sel Appa » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:56 pm

Barringtonia wrote:The only theory I'd accept is that after the '93 bombings, realising that a collapse of the towers could have greater consequences than just the towers themselves, as in falling sideways, that they placed controlled explosions in event of serious likelihood of collapse, to ensure damage was minimised to the towers only.

Alas, this annoys conspiracy theorists because they want to believe the government works for evil MUAH-HA-HA purposes only and this both accepts that the planes were nothing to do with the government, nor was the event of the collapse itself, but purely a measure to protect citizens.

It hurts them, so while I don't believe it, whenever I find myself in one of these useless conversations I bring it up because it's a bit more logical than anything they care to propose.

No, the buildings were designed to collapse straight down.
Remembering 21c: A real-life nation simulation!
NationStates General: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
The Turtle Times
Hockey modifier: -5 (in case I forget to post a roster in the future)

Soratsin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Soratsin » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:56 pm

SF Penguins wrote:Steel doesn't burn either genius but some how there was a fire. Its called fuel is spread on the ground and it burns. Try it some time you'll be amazed.

Wow.

Have you never been inside an office building before? Ever?
Earth saw clmate chnge4 ions;will cont 2 c chnges.R duty2responsbly devlop resorces4humankind/not pollute&destroy;but cant alter naturl chng
-Sarah Palin

Barringtonia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Barringtonia » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:56 pm

New Ziedrich wrote:Dammit, do we have any structural engineers on this forum?

God himself could come down and explain, wouldn't make any f**cking difference.

New Nassrau
Senator

Founded: Nov 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Nassrau » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:57 pm

SF Penguins wrote:No the reason why you didn't keep on watching is because your afraid that you might see something that might be different then what the goverment tells you.

Are you really meaning this? Penguin
Last edited by New Nassrau on Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Wombat Character
-Martina Del Sol looks like this
Sexy Nass Looks like this
I try my best RP-ing now a different character, like… this woman
-Nass adoptive parent of Aidannadia
-Friends are mostly everyone in Wombat
-Torrocca and I are not dating
-RIP, I WILL MISS THIS

I'm Jewish, AKA I killed Jesus
Lanos... where are you

SF Penguins
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby SF Penguins » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:57 pm

Exactly where is the plane thats the whole point of the arguement. No plane where they said there was a plane crash. So maybe it was a frikin missle but not a plane. There was no plane in that crash sight there is no arguing that am I correct. There was a trench there clear back in 1994 all they added was the crator.

Barringtonia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Barringtonia » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:58 pm

SF Penguins wrote:Exactly where is the plane thats the whole point of the arguement. No plane where they said there was a plane crash. So maybe it was a frikin missle but not a plane. There was no plane in that crash sight there is no arguing that am I correct. There was a trench there clear back in 1994 all they added was the crator.

Where are all the people, did the government give them money and ask them to keep quiet?

Tiger Woods tried that, worked a treat.

JarVik
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 28, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby JarVik » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:59 pm

SF Penguins wrote:Steel doesn't burn either genius but some how there was a fire. Its called fuel is spread on the ground and it burns. Try it some time you'll be amazed.

To be a nitpick steel wool burns pretty good. Good fire starter.

Relavent here no, but I just couldn't help myself.
I like pancakes!
In search of SpellCheck
Swims with Leaches!

Verzia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Verzia » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:59 pm

Buffett and Colbert wrote:
New Nassrau wrote:
New Nassrau wrote:Why, why do you think bush would ram 2 planes with people on board in to 2 towers which probably costed millions of dollars and killed TONS of people(some comitting suicide) that, a president would never do (also a plane with passengers crashed on the pentagon too)

The President would never purposely kill THOUSANDS of Americans.

Fixed

he may not be smart, but than again, neither is the lovable family dog, who would never try to hurt a cat, it just, happened...

Verzia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Verzia » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:00 pm

anyone making accusations is a threat, if I called you a child molester, I would be a threat (and that doesn't mean you are)

Allbeama
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Allbeama » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:01 pm

No. :palm:
Agonarthis Terra, My Homeworld.
The Internet loves you. mah Factbook

Hope lies in the smouldering rubble of Empires.

Verzia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Verzia » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:01 pm

North West Australia wrote:Hey you americans started it during your little pissing wars with the russians.

started what? and pissing wars? You mean the threat of being wiped off the map by nukes? At least we could keep up though :p

SF Penguins
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby SF Penguins » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:02 pm

Answer this was there a plane at that crash sight.

Soratsin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Soratsin » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:02 pm

SF Penguins wrote:Exactly where is the plane thats the whole point of the arguement. No plane where they said there was a plane crash. So maybe it was a frikin missle but not a plane. There was no plane in that crash sight there is no arguing that am I correct. There was a trench there clear back in 1994 all they added was the crator.

Because a hunk of aluminum flying at 500 mile an hour would've just bounced off that top soil and shattered all over the place, amirite? Maybe the plane bits are underground?
-Sarah Palin

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General