NATION

PASSWORD

9/11

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

SF Penguins
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby SF Penguins » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:34 pm

I'm not saying the people inside the building were part of the Goverment I'm saying that the Goverment was responsible for the attacks.
http://www.evtv1.com/player.aspx?itemnum=11648
Watch the video and then tell me what you see.

Suckeryou
Envoy

Founded: Oct 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Suckeryou » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:34 pm

Penguins is an idiot then.

Popular Science/Mechanics has had article(s) about the towers, PBS had episodes about the Towers.

Of you haven't at least heard or read about some Sane, Level Headed explanation that wasn't based on fiction you must be intentionally avoiding them.
Capitalism is just Darwinism with money.

New Nassrau
Senator

Founded: Nov 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Nassrau » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:36 pm

Why, why do you think bush would ram 2 planes with people on board in to 2 towers which probably costed millions of dollars and killed TONS of people(some comitting suicide) that, a president would never do (also a plane with passengers crashed on the pentagon too)
Last edited by New Nassrau on Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Wombat Character
-Martina Del Sol looks like this
Sexy Nass Looks like this
I try my best RP-ing now a different character, like… this woman
-Nass adoptive parent of Aidannadia
-Friends are mostly everyone in Wombat
-Torrocca and I are not dating
-RIP, I WILL MISS THIS

I'm Jewish, AKA I killed Jesus
Lanos... where are you

New Ziedrich
Minister

Founded: Jan 24, 2006
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby New Ziedrich » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:36 pm

SF Penguins wrote:How did the two towers collapse, why is there no real video footage of the Pentagon attack that actually shows the plane hitting the building.

I'll take this one.

The towers collapsed because steel begins losing its strength at temperatures well below its melting point. The fires from the fuel burned hot enough and long enough for the structure to lose the strength needed to support the floors above. Once they started falling, the floors beneath them were unable to withstand the kinetic energy of the structure, causing the towers to collapse the way they did.

As for the Pentagon, well, you ever consider the possibility that nobody happened to have a camera on them at the time? It is the Pentagon, after all; I don't think they'd be happy with random people carting cameras around.
Science makes everything better!
“Humanity has the stars in its future, and that future is too important to be lost under the burden of juvenile folly and ignorant superstition.”
"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

Arkinesia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkinesia » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:36 pm

SF Penguins wrote:How did the two towers collapse, why is there no real video footage of the Pentagon attack that actually shows the plane hitting the building.

There is footage, it was taken by a C-130 transport plane, and there is mention of it in the 9/11 Commission Report. The video, with enhanced detail so that you can see that it is in fact an airliner, is here.

If you really believe in a 9/11 conspiracy involving the attacks themselves, well, I can't say much other than you're a damn fool.

If you want to believe there's a conspiracy behind consistent failures to prevent terror attacks, well, I believe you there. Either American law enforcement is full of fucking idiots or someone doesn't want to prevent terrorism.
Bisexual, atheist, Southerner. Not much older but made much wiser.

Disappointment Panda wrote:Don't hope for a life without problems. There's no such thing. Instead, hope for a life full of good problems.

Buffett and Colbert
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 05, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Buffett and Colbert » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:37 pm

SF Penguins wrote:I'm not saying the people inside the building were part of the Goverment I'm saying that the Goverment was responsible for the attacks.

I see a moron who made a video demonstrating he knows nothing of thermology.
If the knowledge isn't useful, you haven't found the lesson yet. ~Iniika
You-Gi-Owe wrote:If someone were to ask me about your online persona as a standard of your "date-ability", I'd rate you as "worth investigating further & passionate about beliefs". But, enough of the idle speculation on why you didn't score with the opposite gender.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:Clever, but your Jedi mind tricks don't work on me.

His Jedi mind tricks are insignificant compared to the power of Buffy's sex appeal.
Keronians wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:My law class took my virginity. And it was 100% consensual.

I accuse your precious law class of statutory rape.

Soratsin
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Soratsin » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:38 pm

SF Penguins wrote:I'm not saying the people inside the building were part of the Goverment I'm saying that the Goverment was responsible for the attacks.

I couldn't keep watching after that guy argued that plane crashes don't usually result in fires.
Earth saw clmate chnge4 ions;will cont 2 c chnges.R duty2responsbly devlop resorces4humankind/not pollute&destroy;but cant alter naturl chng
-Sarah Palin

Drachmar
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 10, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Drachmar » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:38 pm

Sel Appa wrote:There is absolutely no evidence to suggest the government played a direct role in 9/11 attacks.

What is uncertain is whether the Bush Administration willfully or negligently ignored the warnings in August.

Depraved indifference is a prosecutable offense.
Favorite quotes:

Grave_n_idle wrote:
United Marktoria wrote:Your unconscious mind is gold. my friend.

...which explains why people keep sticking shovels in your head.

Katganistan wrote:
North Wiedna wrote:I'm a monster in bed.

Women run screaming from you? ;)

SF Penguins
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby SF Penguins » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:39 pm

What do people have to gain to make up this stuff. Do you think it makes us feel good to think our goverment may have been responsible. Hell no it doesn't. And notice since 9/11 the goverment has granted itself more power than ever before. For instance the Patriot Act. Man thats a nice bill to have if you want control over the people. Legal Wire tappings, no search warrants required if they really want. Man Looks like the Goverment has a little more to gain than the so called Conspirators.

Verzia
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Verzia » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:39 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kqWqBkN ... re=channel

Now, you tell me the government killed all those people, and got a Al Queda to take the credit, you tell me that Bush or Cheney lived with that for almost 9 years now? Bush has been called stupid, but I doubt he is a killer.

SF Penguins
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby SF Penguins » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:41 pm

No the reason why you didn't keep on watching is because your afraid that you might see something that might be different then what the goverment tells you and he didn't say that planes don't start fires he said planes don't start fires that are hot enough to melt steel buildings.

Verlorenen
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Verlorenen » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:41 pm

After reading this OP, I set down my tea, sat back in my leather armchair, straightened my velvet smoking jacket, twisted the end of my moustache as I contemplated a response, and finally removed my monocle to reply with a snarky upper-crust English accent:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:No one cares about this dribble, you know.

Stumbling into yet another "zOMG 9/11 wuz a conspiracy by teh ebil Government!" thread is a bit like stepping in dog waste - you look at it for a moment, understand what just occured, then proceed to swear and try to wipe it off your shoes.

Soratsin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Soratsin » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:42 pm

SF Penguins wrote:What do people have to gain to make up this stuff. Do you think it makes us feel good to think our goverment may have been responsible. Hell no it doesn't.

Yea it does, and if that isn't enough incentive you've also got all the loose change t-shirts, coffee mugs, bumper stickers, and the massive ratings spike Alex Jones has gotten for his radio show by spouting batshit lunacy.

And notice since 9/11 the goverment has granted itself more power than ever before. For instance the Patriot Act. Man thats a nice bill to have if you want control over the people. Legal Wire tappings, no search warrants required if they really want. Man Looks like the Goverment has a little more to gain than the so called Conspirators.

Name one tragedy that politicians have not exploited to get what they want.
Earth saw clmate chnge4 ions;will cont 2 c chnges.R duty2responsbly devlop resorces4humankind/not pollute&destroy;but cant alter naturl chng
-Sarah Palin

Arkinesia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Arkinesia » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:42 pm

SF Penguins wrote:What do people have to gain to make up this stuff.

Attention.

That took a whole 0.58 seconds for me to figure out.

Why not try asking why Boxxybabee made her videos? Same reason. Attention. The people who continue to perpetuate the 9/11 conspiracy via videos are attention whores, the end.

Disappointment Panda wrote:Don't hope for a life without problems. There's no such thing. Instead, hope for a life full of good problems.

Buffett and Colbert
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Buffett and Colbert » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:42 pm

SF Penguins wrote:What do people have to gain to make up this stuff.

You obviously aren't familiar with the internet.
SF Penguins wrote: Do you think it makes us feel good to think our goverment may have been responsible. Hell no it doesn't.

Attention whoring is all this conspiracy theory is.
You-Gi-Owe wrote:If someone were to ask me about your online persona as a standard of your "date-ability", I'd rate you as "worth investigating further & passionate about beliefs". But, enough of the idle speculation on why you didn't score with the opposite gender.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

His Jedi mind tricks are insignificant compared to the power of Buffy's sex appeal.
Keronians wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:My law class took my virginity. And it was 100% consensual.

New Nassrau
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Nassrau » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:42 pm

New Nassrau wrote:Why, why do you think bush would ram 2 planes with people on board in to 2 towers which probably costed millions of dollars and killed TONS of people(some comitting suicide) that, a president would never do (also a plane with passengers crashed on the pentagon too)

The President would never kill THOUSANDS.
-Wombat Character
-RIP, I WILL MISS THIS

Lanos... where are you

New Ziedrich
Minister

Postby New Ziedrich » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:43 pm

SF Penguins wrote:No the reason why you didn't keep on watching is because your afraid that you might see something that might be different then what the goverment tells you and he didn't say that planes don't start fires he said planes don't start fires that are hot enough to melt steel buildings.

Please read the first paragraph of my earlier post.
“Humanity has the stars in its future, and that future is too important to be lost under the burden of juvenile folly and ignorant superstition.”
"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

Buffett and Colbert
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Buffett and Colbert » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:43 pm

New Nassrau wrote:
New Nassrau wrote:Why, why do you think bush would ram 2 planes with people on board in to 2 towers which probably costed millions of dollars and killed TONS of people(some comitting suicide) that, a president would never do (also a plane with passengers crashed on the pentagon too)

The President would never kill THOUSANDS of Americans.

Fixed

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Keronians wrote:

Soratsin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Soratsin » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:44 pm

SF Penguins wrote:No the reason why you didn't keep on watching is because your afraid that you might see something that might be different then what the goverment tells you and he didn't say that planes don't start fires he said planes don't start fires that are hot enough to melt steel buildings.

No he pointed at the flight 93 crash sight and said "Look! No fire, that's because planes don't start fires!!"

Also, you don't need to turn steel into a liquid to compromise it's ability to bare weight.
-Sarah Palin

New Ziedrich
Minister

Postby New Ziedrich » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:44 pm

Arkinesia wrote:

There is footage, it was taken by a C-130 transport plane, and there is mention of it in the 9/11 Commission Report. The video, with enhanced detail so that you can see that it is in fact an airliner, is here.

If you really believe in a 9/11 conspiracy involving the attacks themselves, well, I can't say much other than you're a damn fool.

If you want to believe there's a conspiracy behind consistent failures to prevent terror attacks, well, I believe you there. Either American law enforcement is full of fucking idiots or someone doesn't want to prevent terrorism.

How do I manage to hear about all of these "theories", but not this? Thanks.
-Niccolo Machiavelli

Arkinesia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Arkinesia » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:46 pm

New Ziedrich wrote:
Arkinesia wrote:

How do I manage to hear about all of these "theories", but not this? Thanks.

It's more tantalizing to consider fantasies about sex than sex with whoever.

It's more tantalizing to consider theories about terrorism involving the government blowing shit up than it is to consider something that has been in the news every time a terror attack happens.

Panzerjaeger
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Panzerjaeger » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:49 pm

SF Penguins wrote:What do people have to gain to make up this stuff. Do you think it makes us feel good to think our goverment may have been responsible. Hell no it doesn't. And notice since 9/11 the goverment has granted itself more power than ever before. For instance the Patriot Act. Man thats a nice bill to have if you want control over the people. Legal Wire tappings, no search warrants required if they really want. Man Looks like the Goverment has a little more to gain than the so called Conspirators.

Not familiar with the Reichstag fire are we? Set by a Dutch Anarchist it gave the NSDAP the clout it needed to force President von Hindenburg to sign Hitler's legislation into law.
Friendly Neighborhood Fascist™
ФАШИЗМ БЕЗГРАНИЧНЫЙ И КРАСНЫЙ
Caninope wrote:Toyota: Keep moving forward, even when you don't want to!

Christmahanikwanzikah wrote:Timothy McVeigh casts... Pyrotechnics!

Greater Americania wrote:lol "No Comrade Ivan! Don't stick your head in there! That's the wood chi...!"

New Kereptica wrote:Fascism: because people are too smart nowadays.

SF Penguins
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby SF Penguins » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:50 pm

You just contridicted yourself.
You said planes don't start fires.
Then you said that the planes that crashed into the towers started a fire hot enough to melt steel.
So which is it, do they start fires or do they not start fires.
What he was saying is that the planes that crashed into the towers started a fire so then why didn't the supposed flight 93 not start a fire and thats not the point of the video so just finish watching it and then deny it.

New Nassrau
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Nassrau » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:50 pm

The terrorists blew up 2 towers(which then collapsed) and destroyed a chunk of the Pentagon i hate those al-Qaida scum that did that, no one should forgive them >:(
Last edited by New Nassrau on Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Wombat Character
-RIP, I WILL MISS THIS

Lanos... where are you

Panzerjaeger
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Panzerjaeger » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:51 pm

SF Penguins wrote:You just contridicted yourself.
You said planes don't start fires.
Then you said that the planes that crashed into the towers started a fire hot enough to melt steel.
So which is it, do they start fires or do they not start fires.
What he was saying is that the planes that crashed into the towers started a fire so then why didn't the supposed flight 93 not start a fire and thats not the point of the video so just finish watching it and then deny it.

Planes do start fires thats what he was saying...did you take a blow to the head recently or were you always this way?
Friendly Neighborhood Fascist™
ФАШИЗМ БЕЗГРАНИЧНЫЙ И КРАСНЫЙ
Caninope wrote:Toyota: Keep moving forward, even when you don't want to!

Christmahanikwanzikah wrote:Timothy McVeigh casts... Pyrotechnics!

Greater Americania wrote:lol "No Comrade Ivan! Don't stick your head in there! That's the wood chi...!"

New Kereptica wrote:Fascism: because people are too smart nowadays.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General