NATION

PASSWORD

Which Religion is more harmful? Islam or Christianity?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Anglo-California
Minister

Founded: May 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Anglo-California » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:08 pm

Both are poisonous for both similar and different reasons. However, Islam's harm is much more evident and obvious, while the harm of Christianity is more of a "behind the scenes" kind of thing.
American nationalist. Secular Traditionalist.
On the American Revolution.

3rd Place for Sexiest Male under 18.
Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce

Aeternabilis
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Aeternabilis » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:09 pm

Anglo-California wrote:Both are poisonous for both similar and different reasons. However, Islam's harm is much more evident and obvious, while the harm of Christianity is more of a "behind the scenes" kind of thing.

Pope Benedict did look a lot like Emperor Palpatine...
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one?

Aydean
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Aydean » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:15 pm

Okay I'm a Christian and don't belive either of them harmful actually I think this is a bigoted forum question however if I'm going to say which is more harmful it's definintly the one I follow. I admit I find comfort and beauty in Christianity but just the stuff we did in the past like the dark ages and the crusades. And I dislike it's view towards homosexuality god hates no one he is only dissapointed. We forget that the most important thing in Christianity is to accept and belive in Jesse Christ but we still have a long way to go. But like I said I view no religion to be harmful

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:15 pm

Coccygia wrote:
Hm. Wasn't that after Muslim militias massacred Christians? Just sayin'. :eyebrow:

It was in response to a predominantly Muslim (Though not overtly religious) militia turned to brigandry. Not religiously motivated ethnic cleansing.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

MrShlongalonga
Lobbyist

Founded: May 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby MrShlongalonga » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:16 pm

Cult Of Luna.
Self inflicted damage to ears and neck mandatory from day one

Pandeeria
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Pandeeria » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:17 pm

Throughout history or just in our modern day?
Lavochkin wrote:Never got why educated people support communism.

In capitalism, you pretty much have a 50/50 chance of being rich or poor. In communism, it's 1/99. What makes people think they have the luck/skill to become the 1% if they can't even succeed in a 50/50 society???

Conkerials
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Conkerials » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:18 pm

Creepoc Infinite wrote:
Valerion wrote:All religions are pretty crappy, except for maybe Buddhism, considering the pacifism and all, but still. Religion is a private thing, and should stay that way, if someone believes in a supernatural power of any kind, and they feel like a better person for it, that's good for them, but to have it as an organized entity can only make things worse.

I mostly agree.
But Buddhism is technically not a religion.
Because you are not required to believe in some god to be one. Buddhists can be atheists, and technically, Buddhism is an atheistic religion.

As for religious beliefs, people can believe what they want so long as it does not influence money, politics, society, foreign policy, and social media, or legislation.

Religion =/= Belief in a deity
I'm just me
Compass
Economic Left
/Right: -7.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.69

Conkerials
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Conkerials » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:19 pm

Pandeeria wrote:Throughout history or just in our modern day?

I assume collectively throughout history.
I'm just me
Compass
Economic Left
/Right: -7.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.69

Coccygia
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Coccygia » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:19 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:
Coccygia wrote:
Hm. Wasn't that after Muslim militias massacred Christians? Just sayin'. :eyebrow:

It was in response to a predominantly Muslim (Though not overtly religious) militia turned to brigandry. Not religiously motivated ethnic cleansing.

Oh well that makes it OK then. :eyebrow:
"Nobody deserves anything. You get what you get." - House
"Hope is for sissies." - House
“Qokedy qokedy dal qokedy qokedy." - The Voynich Manuscript
"We're not ordinary people - we're morons!" - Jerome Horwitz
"A book, any book, is a sacred object." - Jorge Luis Borges
"I am a survivor. I am like a cockroach, you just can't get rid of me." - Madonna

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:26 pm

Coccygia wrote:

No, it's just reflective of sectarian mistrust and poor living conditions throughout the CAR.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.

Latidonia
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Latidonia » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:32 pm

-
Last edited by Latidonia on Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
⚖ The Republic of Latidonia ⚖

Jute
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 28, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Jute » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:34 pm

Aydean wrote:Okay I'm a Christian and don't belive either of them harmful actually I think this is a bigoted forum question however if I'm going to say which is more harmful it's definintly the one I follow. I admit I find comfort and beauty in Christianity but just the stuff we did in the past like the dark ages and the crusades. And I dislike it's view towards homosexuality god hates no one he is only dissapointed. We forget that the most important thing in Christianity is to accept and belive in Jesse Christ but we still have a long way to go. But like I said I view no religion to be harmful
The Christianity didn't cause the dark ages, they were actually the light in the dark age.
Carl Sagan, astrophysicist and atheist wrote:"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality.
When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages,
when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling,
that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual...
The notion that science and spirituality are somehow mutually exclusive does a disservice to both."
Italios wrote:Jute's probably some sort of Robin Hood-type outlaw
"Boys and girls so happy, young and gay / Don't let false worldly joy carry your hearts away."

See the Jutean language! Talk to me about all. Avian air force flag (via) Is Religion Dangerous?

Salandriagado
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 03, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Salandriagado » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:35 pm

Meh. In both cases you're averaging over such broad and varied categories that it's meaningless. Hell, there are branches of Christianity and Islam that have more in common with each other than they do with other branches of their religion.
Cosara wrote:
Anachronous Rex wrote:Good thing most a majority of people aren't so small-minded, and frightened of other's sexuality.

Over 40% (including me), are, so I fixed the post for accuracy.

Vilatania wrote:
Salandriagado wrote:
Notice that the link is to the notes from a university course on probability. You clearly have nothing beyond the most absurdly simplistic understanding of the subject.
By choosing 1, you no longer have 0 probability of choosing 1. End of subject.

(read up the quote stack)

Deal. £3000 do?[/quote]

Of course.[/quote]

Jute
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 28, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Jute » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:36 pm

Latidonia wrote:The so called dark ages were caused by the fall of the roman empire, and I'd go as far as to say that christian monasteries were the main source of scientific advancement during the middle ages. In addition, I find it bizarre how people still throw around the crusade card, when we all know that Islamic conquest of the world has been far more deadly, or are we all forgetting the Muslim conquest of India? Furthermore, Christian conquest goes completely against the word of the Christian God, while Jihads certainly don't go against Muslim doctrine.

Jihad means struggle, and that includes the struggle to be a good muslim and build a good society.
They have strict restrictions as to when war is allowed, too.
Carl Sagan, astrophysicist and atheist wrote:"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality.
When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages,
when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling,
that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual...
The notion that science and spirituality are somehow mutually exclusive does a disservice to both."
Italios wrote:Jute's probably some sort of Robin Hood-type outlaw
"Boys and girls so happy, young and gay / Don't let false worldly joy carry your hearts away."

See the Jutean language! Talk to me about all. Avian air force flag (via) Is Religion Dangerous?

Fanosolia
Senator

Founded: Apr 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Fanosolia » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:38 pm

Aeternabilis wrote:
Anglo-California wrote:Both are poisonous for both similar and different reasons. However, Islam's harm is much more evident and obvious, while the harm of Christianity is more of a "behind the scenes" kind of thing.

Pope Benedict did look a lot like Emperor Palpatine...

I would love to hear the imperial march on a church organ XD
This user is a Canadian who identifies as Social Market Liberal with shades of Civil Libertarianism.

Devright
Envoy

Founded: May 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Devright » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:52 pm

You're all looking at the past. Look at today. Currently, Islam is harming things. Christianity is just being the normal hated religion.
I'm a female
Economic Left/Right: -7.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.12
Henry Hue-Dictator of Devright
Danielle Hue-Co-Dictator of Devright
To Come
Defcon Level: 5

Gothmogs
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gothmogs » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:57 pm

I can't see how this thread could be anything other than offensive.
I started NS on Nov 6, 2011. I accidentally let my original nation die.
Auurentinaaa
Auurentinaaa
Auurentinaaa

Unlucky 13th Aurentine Senator, and Former member of the first NSG senate party, the Left Alliance.
Also, bonobos.

Coccygia
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Coccygia » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:09 pm

Coccygia wrote:

No, it's just reflective of sectarian mistrust and poor living conditions throughout the CAR.

Oh, good, I'm glad it's nothing to do with the hatred of "unbelievers" including Jews and Christians that is so evident throughout the Quran.
"Nobody deserves anything. You get what you get." - House
"Hope is for sissies." - House
“Qokedy qokedy dal qokedy qokedy." - The Voynich Manuscript
"We're not ordinary people - we're morons!" - Jerome Horwitz
"A book, any book, is a sacred object." - Jorge Luis Borges
"I am a survivor. I am like a cockroach, you just can't get rid of me." - Madonna

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:23 pm

Coccygia wrote:
Oh, good, I'm glad it's nothing to do with the hatred of "unbelievers" including Jews and Christians that is so evident throughout the Quran.

Leviticus wrote:24:11 And the Israelitish woman's son blasphemed the name of the Lord, and cursed. And they brought him unto Moses: (and his mother's name was Shelomith, the daughter of Dibri, of the tribe of Dan:)
24:12 And they put him in ward, that the mind of the LORD might be shewed them.
24:13 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
24:14 Bring forth him that hath cursed without the camp; and let all that heard him lay their hands upon his head, and let all the congregation stone him.
24:15 And thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel, saying, Whosoever curseth his God shall bear his sin.
24:16 And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him: as well the stranger, as he that is born in the land, when he blasphemeth the name of the Lord, shall be put to death.

25:44 Both thy bondmen, and thy bondmaids, which thou shalt have, shall be of the heathen that are round about you; of them shall ye buy bondmen and bondmaids.
25:45 Moreover of the children of the strangers that do sojourn among you, of them shall ye buy, and of their families that are with you, which they begat in your land: and they shall be your possession.
25:46 And ye shall take them as an inheritance for your children after you, to inherit them for a possession; they shall be your bondmen for ever: but over your brethren the children of Israel, ye shall not rule one over another with rigour.

Deuteronomy wrote:13:6 If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers;
13:7 Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth;
13:8 Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him:
13:9 But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.

17:2 If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant,
17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded;
17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel:
17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

2:190 Fight in the way of Allah against those who fight against you, but begin not hostilities. Lo! Allah loveth not aggressors.

2:256 There is no compulsion in religion. The right direction is henceforth distinct from error. And he who rejecteth false deities and believeth in Allah hath grasped a firm handhold which will never break. Allah is Hearer, Knower.

5:8 O ye who believe! Be steadfast witnesses for Allah in equity, and let not hatred of any people seduce you that ye deal not justly. Deal justly, that is nearer to your duty. Observe your duty to Allah. Lo! Allah is Informed of what ye do.

42:42 The way (of blame) is only against those who oppress mankind, and wrongfully rebel in the earth. For such there is a painful doom.43:86 And those unto whom they cry instead of Him possess no power of intercession, saving him who beareth witness unto the Truth knowingly.

43:87 And if thou ask them who created them, they will surely say: Allah. How then are they turned away ?
43:88 And he saith: O my Lord! Lo! these are a folk who believe not.
43:89 Then bear with them (O Muhammad) and say: Peace. But they will come to know.

Latidonia
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Latidonia » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:25 pm

-
Last edited by Latidonia on Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
⚖ The Republic of Latidonia ⚖

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:35 pm

Coccygia wrote:

Leviticus wrote:24:11 And the Israelitish woman's son blasphemed the name of the Lord, and cursed. And they brought him unto Moses: (and his mother's name was Shelomith, the daughter of Dibri, of the tribe of Dan:)
24:12 And they put him in ward, that the mind of the LORD might be shewed them.
24:13 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
24:14 Bring forth him that hath cursed without the camp; and let all that heard him lay their hands upon his head, and let all the congregation stone him.
24:15 And thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel, saying, Whosoever curseth his God shall bear his sin.
24:16 And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him: as well the stranger, as he that is born in the land, when he blasphemeth the name of the Lord, shall be put to death.

25:44 Both thy bondmen, and thy bondmaids, which thou shalt have, shall be of the heathen that are round about you; of them shall ye buy bondmen and bondmaids.
25:45 Moreover of the children of the strangers that do sojourn among you, of them shall ye buy, and of their families that are with you, which they begat in your land: and they shall be your possession.
25:46 And ye shall take them as an inheritance for your children after you, to inherit them for a possession; they shall be your bondmen for ever: but over your brethren the children of Israel, ye shall not rule one over another with rigour.

Deuteronomy wrote:13:6 If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers;
13:7 Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth;
13:8 Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him:
13:9 But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.

17:2 If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant,
17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded;
17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel:
17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

2:190 Fight in the way of Allah against those who fight against you, but begin not hostilities. Lo! Allah loveth not aggressors.

2:256 There is no compulsion in religion. The right direction is henceforth distinct from error. And he who rejecteth false deities and believeth in Allah hath grasped a firm handhold which will never break. Allah is Hearer, Knower.

5:8 O ye who believe! Be steadfast witnesses for Allah in equity, and let not hatred of any people seduce you that ye deal not justly. Deal justly, that is nearer to your duty. Observe your duty to Allah. Lo! Allah is Informed of what ye do.

42:42 The way (of blame) is only against those who oppress mankind, and wrongfully rebel in the earth. For such there is a painful doom.43:86 And those unto whom they cry instead of Him possess no power of intercession, saving him who beareth witness unto the Truth knowingly.

43:87 And if thou ask them who created them, they will surely say: Allah. How then are they turned away ?
43:88 And he saith: O my Lord! Lo! these are a folk who believe not.
43:89 Then bear with them (O Muhammad) and say: Peace. But they will come to know.

Hate to be that person, but could you put that in layman's English so the peasants can read it.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Greater Weselton
Senator

Founded: Aug 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Weselton » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:35 pm

Islam is more harmful.
I am not a Nazi in real life.
_[' ]_
(-_Q)
If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature!
Proud Member of theConfederation of Sovereign Nations

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:36 pm

Greater Weselton wrote:Islam is more harmful.

The Sufi's are on the phone Mr. Weselton shall I tell them to call you back?
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Fanosolia
Senator

Founded: Apr 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Fanosolia » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:36 pm

explain the reasoning, when people under Christianity has gone down similar root of extremism?
This user is a Canadian who identifies as Social Market Liberal with shades of Civil Libertarianism.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:37 pm

Fanosolia wrote:

explain the reasoning, when people under Christianity has gone down similar root of extremism?

Funny thing is they left after posting that.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General