NATION

PASSWORD

A shooting at Walmart - Oh, noes!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Maurepas
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:48 pm

Sort of thing happens here all the time, at Malls, Walmarts, etc...

Milks Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Milks Empire » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:48 pm

Gun Manufacturers wrote:I used to work at Walmart, store 2170 (Norwich, CT).

My condolences.

Gun Manufacturers
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 23, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Gun Manufacturers » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:52 pm

Milks Empire wrote:

My condolences.

You can say that again.

It gets worse, though. For a while during my Walmart employment, I was a department manager at Walmart store 2299 in Cromwell, CT.
Gun control is like trying to solve drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to own cars.

Any accident you can walk away from is one I can laugh at.

DOJ's interpretation of the 2nd Amendment: http://www.justice.gov/sites/default/fi ... -p0126.pdf

Natapoc wrote:...You should post more in here so I don't seem like the extremist...

Auraelius wrote:If you take the the TITANIC, and remove the letters T, T, and one of the I's, and add the letters C,O,S,P,R, and Y you get CONSPIRACY. oOooOooooOOOooooOOOOOOoooooooo

Maineiacs wrote:Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll sit in a boat and get drunk all day.

Luw wrote:Politics is like having two handfuls of shit - one that smells bad and one that looks bad - and having to decide which one to put in your mouth.

Milks Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Milks Empire » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:09 pm

Gun Manufacturers wrote:
Milks Empire wrote:

My condolences.

You can say that again.
It gets worse, though. For a while during my Walmart employment, I was a department manager at Walmart store 2299 in Cromwell, CT.

I refuse to work there, and, honestly, I'd prefer seppuku if it was Walmart or being permanently unemployed.

Zeppy
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Zeppy » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:12 pm

Milks Empire wrote:I refuse to work there, and, honestly, I'd prefer seppuku if it was Walmart or being permanently unemployed.

Your choice. Just don't get unemployment benefits. :p

Verzia
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Verzia » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:19 pm

greed and death wrote:
Exilia and Colonies wrote:Obviously we need to ban Walmarts ;)

If we ban walmarts only the criminals will have them.
then millions will have to buy their groceries from criminals.

No, thats not why its bad, than only the government will have Walmarts! How will we protect ourselves!?

AlexBuchanan
Civilian

Founded: Jan 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby AlexBuchanan » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:19 pm

wal-mart is gay!!!!

Pope Joan
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Pope Joan » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:20 pm

If you steal things for personal use, like food or clothing, because you need them, i am ok with that.

Because basically if you want any of my stuff like that, you can just walk right in and take it.

It's like hunting; kill for food, fine. Kill for ego, glory, whatever but not food, not fine.
"Life is difficult".

-M. Scott Peck

Verzia
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Verzia » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:22 pm

AlexBuchanan wrote:wal-mart is gay!!!!

Boy, you must be TROLL'N! OH FUCK, NO HE DIDN'T :lol:

Imsogone
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 18, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Imsogone » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:25 pm

Pope Joan wrote:If you steal things for personal use, like food or clothing, because you need them, i am ok with that.

Because basically if you want any of my stuff like that, you can just walk right in and take it.

It's like hunting; kill for food, fine. Kill for ego, glory, whatever but not food, not fine.

I'm not ok with stealing or killing for any reason. Jeez, if I have something you need, ask. Unless it's the only one I have and I need it, too, I'll give it to you. And even if I do need it, I figure I'm smart enough to figure out a way that we can share it.
"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly" - Morticia Adams.

Pope Joan
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Pope Joan » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:27 pm

Imsogone wrote:
Pope Joan wrote:If you steal things for personal use, like food or clothing, because you need them, i am ok with that.

I'm not ok with stealing or killing for any reason. Jeez, if I have something you need, ask. Unless it's the only one I have and I need it, too, I'll give it to you. And even if I do need it, I figure I'm smart enough to figure out a way that we can share it.

Well, we seem to be reasonably close on that.

This was no killing, it was a shot fired into the ceiling when the mall cops decided to be Paul Blart.
Last edited by Pope Joan on Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Life is difficult".

-M. Scott Peck

Gun Manufacturers
Postmaster-General

Postby Gun Manufacturers » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:29 pm

Milks Empire wrote:
Gun Manufacturers wrote:
Milks Empire wrote:

My condolences.

You can say that again.

I refuse to work there, and, honestly, I'd prefer seppuku if it was Walmart or being permanently unemployed.

I was young, and needed the work.

On the other hand, Walmart's sporting goods department is where I first handled firearms, and got experience with the form 4473 and NICS.
Gun control is like trying to solve drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to own cars.

DOJ's interpretation of the 2nd Amendment: http://www.justice.gov/sites/default/fi ... -p0126.pdf

Natapoc wrote:...You should post more in here so I don't seem like the extremist...

Auraelius wrote:If you take the the TITANIC, and remove the letters T, T, and one of the I's, and add the letters C,O,S,P,R, and Y you get CONSPIRACY. oOooOooooOOOooooOOOOOOoooooooo

Maineiacs wrote:Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll sit in a boat and get drunk all day.

Luw wrote:Politics is like having two handfuls of shit - one that smells bad and one that looks bad - and having to decide which one to put in your mouth.

Panzerjaeger
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Panzerjaeger » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:29 pm

Agreed, I once knew a guy who killed a whole village with a Walmart.
Friendly Neighborhood Fascist™
ФАШИЗМ БЕЗГРАНИЧНЫЙ И КРАСНЫЙ
Caninope wrote:Toyota: Keep moving forward, even when you don't want to!

Christmahanikwanzikah wrote:Timothy McVeigh casts... Pyrotechnics!

Greater Americania wrote:lol "No Comrade Ivan! Don't stick your head in there! That's the wood chi...!"

New Kereptica wrote:Fascism: because people are too smart nowadays.

New Ziedrich
Minister

Founded: Jan 24, 2006
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby New Ziedrich » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:30 pm

Gun Manufacturers wrote:I was young, and needed the work.

On the other hand, Walmart's sporting goods department is where I first handled firearms, and got experience with the form 4473 and NICS.

See? Every cloud does have a silver lining.
Science makes everything better!
“Humanity has the stars in its future, and that future is too important to be lost under the burden of juvenile folly and ignorant superstition.”
"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

Milks Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Milks Empire » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:31 pm

Panzerjaeger wrote:

Agreed, I once knew a guy who killed a whole village with a Walmart.

That would be mildly amusing if it didn't happen all the time.

Fredrikshamn
Envoy

Founded: Oct 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Fredrikshamn » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:32 pm

I hate Wal-Mart in fact I DO NOT shop there... but exacly how can you ban Walmart... we live in a capitalist free market society... if we ban Walmart then we have to ban every business and thus crippling the economy and sending us back into the stone age...

New Ziedrich
Minister

Postby New Ziedrich » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:35 pm

Fredrikshamn wrote:

I hate Wal-Mart in fact I DO NOT shop there... but exacly how can you ban Walmart... we live in a capitalist free market society... if we ban Walmart then we have to ban every business and thus crippling the economy and sending us back into the stone age...

'Tis a joking reference to the annoyingly omnipresent gun debates that threaten to consume us all.
“Humanity has the stars in its future, and that future is too important to be lost under the burden of juvenile folly and ignorant superstition.”
"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

Fredrikshamn
Envoy

Founded: Oct 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Fredrikshamn » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:37 pm

New Ziedrich wrote:
Fredrikshamn wrote:

'Tis a joking reference to the annoyingly omnipresent gun debates that threaten to consume us all.

Gotcha ya... it is I who feels like the idiot now... Don't get me wrong me it'd be nice to get rid of Walmarts but we cant so I was just wondering... haha...

Gun Manufacturers
Postmaster-General

Postby Gun Manufacturers » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:44 pm

New Ziedrich wrote:

It was a mixed blessing. I had to deal with (read: turn away) some real winners that wanted to buy firearms, and the monthly firearms inventory wasn't real fun either, especially since my assistant manager decided he knew better than me what we needed (he special ordered unpopular caliber rifles that we ended up getting stuck with, ordered too many rifles/shotguns we didn't sell a lot of, cut orders on rifles/shotguns we sold a lot of, and always left the gun storage room a mess no matter how we organized it).

New Texoma Land
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 20, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby New Texoma Land » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:04 pm

Maurepas wrote:Sort of thing happens here all the time, at Malls, Walmarts, etc...

Indeed. We had a shooting at a near by wal*mart about 2 weeks ago. It's not at all uncommon.

http://www.komu.com/satellite/Satellite ... 9b2f8c5e01

About 15 years ago I worked for one in a small city in Texas. They hired off duty policemen to patrol the store because of all the crap that goes in the store.
Last edited by New Texoma Land on Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

New Ziedrich
Minister

Postby New Ziedrich » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:16 pm

Gun Manufacturers wrote:
New Ziedrich wrote:

It was a mixed blessing. I had to deal with (read: turn away) some real winners that wanted to buy firearms, and the monthly firearms inventory wasn't real fun either, especially since my assistant manager decided he knew better than me what we needed (he special ordered unpopular caliber rifles that we ended up getting stuck with, ordered too many rifles/shotguns we didn't sell a lot of, cut orders on rifles/shotguns we sold a lot of, and always left the gun storage room a mess no matter how we organized it).

Ugh, bad management can make anything suck. I'm not going to put up with any of that crap when I start my business, and begin hiring managers.
-Niccolo Machiavelli

Grant Park
Spokesperson

Founded: Antiquity
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Grant Park » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:56 pm

Colorado Springs is mostly evangelical christian right wing NRA sillies correct? Shouldn't we encourage them to shoot themselves and each other? They will all go to heaven faster, and then everyone will be happy!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Milks Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Milks Empire » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:23 pm

Grant Park wrote:Colorado Springs is mostly evangelical christian right wing NRA sillies correct? Shouldn't we encourage them to shoot themselves and each other? They will all go to heaven faster, and then everyone will be happy!

:rofl: :rofl:
No.

Blouman Empire
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Blouman Empire » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:57 pm

Namabia wrote:

No Walmart started in my state....

Shame it didn't end there too.
You know you've made it on NSG when you have a whole thread created around what you said.
On the American/United Statesian matter "I'd suggest Americans go to their nation settings and change their nation prefix to something cooler." - The Kangaroo Republic
http://nswiki.net/index.php?title=Blouman_Empire

DBC26-Winner

Jingoist Hippostan
Ambassador

Founded: May 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Jingoist Hippostan » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:59 pm

"A fight started"

Ten bucks says the security guards are the ones who started it.
I am a communist and a Nazi.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General