NATION

PASSWORD

Copenhagen Treaty

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Newsaintsland
Attaché

Founded: Nov 23, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Newsaintsland » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:25 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Newsaintsland wrote:
The Final Rome wrote:Its not really going to kill our Constitution. Besides, NO treaty eventually reached would do that, all it would do is require our government to try and reduce our dependence on foreign oil and other fossil fuels, reduce fuel costs in the long run, and preserve the ecosystem in which we live. Is that too much to ask?

Well, I have indeed read the draft for myself, and if a world government(those words are in the draft by the way) is formed, it will indeed makethe constitution null and void if the draft isn't changed. Also, it would require bigger nations such as the U.S. and the U.K. to give money to 3rd world nations to help them with climate control. This is wrong because I work hard for my money, and I don't want some government in B.F.E. getting a hold of it. If they want my they cn set up a charity and ask. Also, this whole climate change crap is just that, crap. This has been proven time and time again that the Earth fluctuates in temperature and there is nothing we can do about it. CO2 levels rise because temperature rises, and temperature fluctuates. Also, it's snowing where I live, which is in South Texas, so I don't think the Earth is going to melt anytime soon.

Well, since this is your thread, how's about you post a link to the draft so we can read it for ourselves?

As for "your tax money," too bad. Once the US government takes your taxes, it isn't your money any longer, it's the government's money. You're entitled to complain about what they do with it and you even have ways to change what they do with it, but you ought to get the idea out of your head that it's still yours. It isn't.

I am in the process of looking for it again, my father pulled up the treaty and showed it to me. And for you argument that the government owns our tax money. The government in the United States of America is a government elected by the people. It is our government. We own the government, not the other way around. It is truly saddening to see some people think that the government controls them like this. It is our money and no one else s. What would we have done before that income tax was made constitutional, and the government had tried to take our money? We would have fought tooth and nail. But now, custom had made it an easy practice for the government to do so, and people not question it.

The Final Rome
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Final Rome » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:47 pm

Seriously, where are you getting this idea of a draft for a treaty? In addition, tax money is only partly your money. Once it becomes taxes, it becomes the money of every citizen of the USA. Then as for negating the Constitution ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!! I'll bet that you haven't even read the thing! His arguments are entirely based on the Supremacy Clause, which also happens to state that the Constitution is the law of the land. The Constitution contains a process for amendments if you've never read it. In order to nullify said constitution, two-thirds of congress must vote for it (something currently impossible considering the way Republicans are stonewalling) then THREE QUARTERS of the state legislatures must approve it. Do you see the president involved anywhere in that process? Do you see three quarters of the states being willing to work together on virtually anything? Then as for "the natural cycles of temperature and CO2, please look up a little thing called the "scientific consensus" in which a vast majority of climate scientists who actually study these things, instead of reading about them from such stellar minds as Sean "Dropped out of college" Hannity, Rush "flunked every college class" Limbaugh, Sarah "It took me seven years at five colleges to get a degree in Sports Journalism", Palin, and George W. "Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream.'" Bush actually come to a conclusion that man made CO2 is rapidly accelerating the Earth's climate past acceptable margins that could bring an end to the human species's chance at existence on the planet Earth, that's just ridiculous. If you think that global warming would be no big deal, please look up something called the PETM. Please actually answer the these questions instead of making vague, emotional statements.

'I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family.'
'They misunderestimated me.'
'Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?'
George W. Bush
Last edited by The Final Rome on Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Utie Logicam Semper

Economic Left/Right: -4.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian-3.23

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:40 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:This is absolute bullshit since the only text from this "treaty" that's been released is one written by NGOs that they would like to see passed. :palm:

Great, thanks, Buffy. Now I have this song going around and around in my head:

There was a farmer who had a dog,
And Bingo was his name-o.
B-I-NGO
B-I-NGO
B-I-NGO
And Bingo was his name-o.

I also think technically an accord because it is non binding.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

SF Penguins
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby SF Penguins » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:41 pm

Actually the income is unconstitutional no matter what you think. Global Warming is a myth and has been for the most part debunked. The only reason why so many politicians have pushed for it is for more control. The reason why our climate has been effected latley is due to solar flares. That is what causes the so called Global Warming. And as far as the consensus of the scientific community. I hate to burst your bubble but Al Gore and all of is other buddies are not scientists. They're politicians and hollywood actors.

Buffett and Colbert
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 05, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Buffett and Colbert » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:14 pm

SF Penguins wrote:Actually the income is unconstitutional no matter what you think.

So America is inherently Communist?
SF Penguins wrote:Global Warming is a myth and has been for the most part debunked.

Except by people who know what they're talking about, right?
SF Penguins wrote: The only reason why so many politicians have pushed for it is for more control.

zOMG fascism!
SF Penguins wrote: The reason why our climate has been effected latley is due to solar flares.

Which haven't been reported?
SF Penguins wrote: That is what causes the so called Global Warming.

KMA scanned his diploma. You would do well to do the same since you're obviously an expert on the matter.
SF Penguins wrote: And as far as the consensus of the scientific community. I hate to burst your bubble but Al Gore and all of is other buddies are not scientists. They're politicians and hollywood actors.

So what about the "real" scientists, then?
If the knowledge isn't useful, you haven't found the lesson yet. ~Iniika
You-Gi-Owe wrote:If someone were to ask me about your online persona as a standard of your "date-ability", I'd rate you as "worth investigating further & passionate about beliefs". But, enough of the idle speculation on why you didn't score with the opposite gender.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:Clever, but your Jedi mind tricks don't work on me.

His Jedi mind tricks are insignificant compared to the power of Buffy's sex appeal.
Keronians wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:My law class took my virginity. And it was 100% consensual.

I accuse your precious law class of statutory rape.

SF Penguins
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby SF Penguins » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:41 pm

How in the hell does not supporting the income tax make America Communist.

Buffett and Colbert
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Buffett and Colbert » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:42 pm

SF Penguins wrote:How in the hell does not supporting the income tax make America Communist.

You said income.
You-Gi-Owe wrote:If someone were to ask me about your online persona as a standard of your "date-ability", I'd rate you as "worth investigating further & passionate about beliefs". But, enough of the idle speculation on why you didn't score with the opposite gender.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

His Jedi mind tricks are insignificant compared to the power of Buffy's sex appeal.
Keronians wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:My law class took my virginity. And it was 100% consensual.

SF Penguins
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby SF Penguins » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:43 pm

No if you would of read the contex of the discussion you would know that I was talking about income tax and who are all these scientists that say Global Warming is in fact real.

Maurepas
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:46 pm

It was fuckin hot before they started talkin about that thing...now its fucking cold!

Bastards, Image

Buffett and Colbert
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Buffett and Colbert » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:47 pm

SF Penguins wrote:No if you would of read the contex of the discussion you would know that I was talking about income tax

I had the vague idea that you were talking about income tax but smartassery is much more entertaining than complacency.
SF Penguins wrote:and who are all these scientists that say Global Warming is in fact real.

http://lwf.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/globalwarming.html
http://www.hup.harvard.edu/catalog/WEADIS.html
http://www.stopglobalwarming.org/sgw_re ... 8334172006
http://www.nasa.gov/worldbook/global_wa ... dbook.html

Not that hard to find.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Keronians wrote:

Drachmar
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 10, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Drachmar » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:53 pm

Newsaintsland wrote:
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:Wait, there was a treaty? :?

It hasn't been signed yet, but basically it would cede the U.S. sovereignty(Our constitution) to make a world government. Which I love my country and constitution, and if this gets signed by the United States, I would be obligated as a U.S. citizen(As every citizen would be) to fight against the federal government and install a new one.

So the WTO, the IMF, and NAFTA totally escaped your radar?

So really you believe that loss of sovereignty is good if it's good for business, and bad if it's good for the environment?
Favorite quotes:

Grave_n_idle wrote:
United Marktoria wrote:Your unconscious mind is gold. my friend.

...which explains why people keep sticking shovels in your head.

Katganistan wrote:
North Wiedna wrote:I'm a monster in bed.

Women run screaming from you? ;)

SF Penguins
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby SF Penguins » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:56 pm

You know what there is no point in arguing with you because you are obviously a die hard beileiver in Global Warming and thats your choice but I will tell you this. Its not humans who are responsible for the large admission of Green House Gases its animals. Look that up.

Maurepas
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:57 pm

SF Penguins wrote:You know what there is no point in arguing with you because you are obviously a die hard beileiver in Global Warming and thats your choice but I will tell you this. Its not humans who are responsible for the large admission of Green House Gases its animals. Look that up.

....not that we breed the animals or anything, :?

SF Penguins
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby SF Penguins » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:00 pm

I'm just trying to make a point that Animals admit more of your 'green house gases' then do humans.

British Prussia
Minister

Founded: Jul 05, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby British Prussia » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:04 pm

SF Penguins wrote:I'm just trying to make a point that Animals admit more of your 'green house gases' then do humans.

What about a human with a Ford GT and several household appliances running?
Last edited by British Prussia on Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
British Prussia - Britisches Preußen
Content provided by: Foreign & Trade Office | Ministry of War
Embassy | Factbook | C.W.Sentinel | Regional Map
WARCON: | Critical | Severe | Substanial | Low
Response: | Execptional | Heightened | Normal
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: 2.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.69

Conservative Cosmopolitan
Cosmopolitan 18%
Secular 17%
Reactionary 4%
Authoritarian 14%
Capitalistic 12%
Pro-Military 9%
Anthropocentric 43%
Monarchy, Centre-Right, Military, Economic Interventionism, Trade, Wealth, Living Wage, Social Conservatism, Capitalism, Pro-Choice, Lesbians/Gays/Bisexuals, Roman Catholicism, Hong Kong, Commonwealth of Nations, Anglosphere, Conservative Party (UK), National Party (NZ)

Buffett and Colbert
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Buffett and Colbert » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:06 pm

SF Penguins wrote:You know what there is no point in arguing with you because you are obviously a die hard beileiver in Global Warming and thats your choice but I will tell you this. Its not humans who are responsible for the large admission of Green House Gases its animals. Look that up.

Because sources are beneath you, correct?

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Keronians wrote:

Linux and the X
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 29, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Linux and the X » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:23 pm

SF Penguins wrote:The reason why our climate has been effected latley [sic] is due to solar flares.

Solar flares primarily form around sunspots.
There were very few sunspots in 2009.
∴ There were few solar flares in 2009.
If you see I've made a mistake in my wording or a factual detail, telegram me and I'll fix it. I'll even give you credit for pointing it out, if you'd like.
BLUE LIVES MURDER

[violet]: Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.
Me, responding to a request to vote for a liberation: But... but that would blemish my near-perfect history of spitefully voting against anything the SC does!
Farnhamia: That is not to be taken as license to start calling people "buttmunch."

GPG key ID: A8960638 fingerprint: 2239 2687 0B50 2CEC 28F7 D950 CCD0 26FC A896 0638

they/them pronouns

Drachmar
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Drachmar » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:32 pm

SF Penguins wrote:I'm just trying to make a point that Animals admit more of your 'green house gases' then do humans.

I think that 6 billion people farting is a lot of methane.
Favorite quotes:

Grave_n_idle wrote:

Katganistan wrote:

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:12 pm

Drachmar wrote:

http://www.heptune.com/farts.html

Only 1/3 produce methane.
so 2 billion.
Hence the royal order of the blue flame claiming leet status.

http://royalorderoftheblueflame.com/
Last edited by Greed and Death on Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Drachmar
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Drachmar » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:26 pm

greed and death wrote:
Drachmar wrote:

so 2 billion.

Damn you!

:p
Favorite quotes:

Grave_n_idle wrote:

Katganistan wrote:

British Prussia
Minister

Postby British Prussia » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:38 pm

greed and death wrote:
Drachmar wrote:

so 2 billion.

as i said before:

That would be more greenhouse gases than 6 billion people farting wouldnt it?
Political Compass

Cosmopolitan 18%
Secular 17%
Reactionary 4%
Authoritarian 14%
Capitalistic 12%
Pro-Military 9%
Anthropocentric 43%
Monarchy, Centre-Right, Military, Economic Interventionism, Trade, Wealth, Living Wage, Social Conservatism, Capitalism, Pro-Choice, Lesbians/Gays/Bisexuals, Roman Catholicism, Hong Kong, Commonwealth of Nations, Anglosphere, Conservative Party (UK), National Party (NZ)

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:39 pm

British Prussia wrote:
greed and death wrote:
Drachmar wrote:

so 2 billion.

as i said before:

That would be more greenhouse gases than 6 billion people farting wouldnt it?

I was jsut trying to point the thread to the more interesting topic of lighting ones farts on fire.
Barack Obama

British Prussia
Minister

Postby British Prussia » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:45 pm

actually, couldnt you run a car on methane? cause methane is a gas which can produce energy... that means... you can have free petrol after collecting your own methane! I have made a breakthrough in science! All over the world environmentalists will worship me! (not that I care about them or environmentalism, but nvm!)
Last edited by British Prussia on Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Political Compass

Cosmopolitan 18%
Secular 17%
Reactionary 4%
Authoritarian 14%
Capitalistic 12%
Pro-Military 9%
Anthropocentric 43%

Maurepas
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:47 pm

British Prussia wrote:actually, couldnt you run a car on methane? cause methane is a gas which can produce energy... that means... you can have free petrol after collecting your own methane! I have made a breakthrough in science! All over the world environmentalists will worship me!

...But no industrialist in his right mind would buy a product him and his cronies dont make money on, so the environmentalists may be the only ones...

Why do you think GM didnt release the Electric Car 14 years ago?

British Prussia
Minister

Postby British Prussia » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:52 pm

Maurepas wrote:
British Prussia wrote:actually, couldnt you run a car on methane? cause methane is a gas which can produce energy... that means... you can have free petrol after collecting your own methane! I have made a breakthrough in science! All over the world environmentalists will worship me!

...But no industrialist in his right mind would buy a product him and his cronies dont make money on, so the environmentalists may be the only ones...

Why do you think GM didnt release the Electric Car 14 years ago?

Yes, but all hybrids/electric cars are... well lets say, disappointing. And the Prius is just ugly. I'm sure human-methane powered vehicles would be the solution for real petrolheads. And the performance lost wont be that bad... I think...
Political Compass

Cosmopolitan 18%
Secular 17%
Reactionary 4%
Authoritarian 14%
Capitalistic 12%
Pro-Military 9%
Anthropocentric 43%

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General