NATION

PASSWORD

Rockefeller Republicans

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Robustian
Ambassador

Founded: May 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Robustian » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:34 pm

Rolamec wrote:
It just depends. Personally I am not a Republican, I am a Democrat. I hope they [the Republicans] take my advice, say 'fuck it,' and continue with what they are doing.

I can tell. You're wrong about almost everything.

Rolamec
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 15, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Rolamec » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:12 am

Robustian wrote:
Rolamec wrote:
It just depends. Personally I am not a Republican, I am a Democrat. I hope they [the Republicans] take my advice, say 'fuck it,' and continue with what they are doing.

I can tell. You're wrong about almost everything.

Really? Hows that, Mr. Robitussin?
Rolamec of New Earth
A Proud and Progressive Republican.
"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." -John Wayne

Economic Left/Right: 4.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.05

NotnotgnimmiJymmiJ
Minister

Founded: Apr 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby NotnotgnimmiJymmiJ » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:20 am

Robustian wrote:
Neo Kervoskia wrote:I don't usually make political topics, mostly because I don't care, but this one got me thinking. That's a lie -- I'm just curious:

Do you think the moderate/Rockefeller Republicans will ever make a comeback in the North?

I feel so dirty now. I'm going to make a thread about sex or beer just to even this out...

No.

They have nothing to offer voters.

And what do the other Republicans have to offer voters?
You-Gi-Owe wrote:I hate all "spin doctoring". I don't mind honest disagreement and it's possible that people are expressing honest opinions, but spin doctoring is so pervasive, I gotta ask if I suspect it.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:22 am

NotnotgnimmiJymmiJ wrote:
Robustian wrote:
Neo Kervoskia wrote:I don't usually make political topics, mostly because I don't care, but this one got me thinking. That's a lie -- I'm just curious:

Do you think the moderate/Rockefeller Republicans will ever make a comeback in the North?

I feel so dirty now. I'm going to make a thread about sex or beer just to even this out...

No.

They have nothing to offer voters.

And what do the other Republicans have to offer voters?

The chance to be an entrepreneur! *nod*
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Lacadaemon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 26, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Lacadaemon » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:29 am

The Black Forrest wrote:The chance to be an entrepreneur! *nod*

There is no french word for that you know.
The kind of middle-class mentality which actuates both those responsible for strategy and government has little knowledge of the new psychology and organizing ability of the totalitarian States. The forces we are fighting are governed neither by the old strategy nor follow the old tactics.

Previous

Return to General