NATION

PASSWORD

Who was the USA's last good president?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cameroi
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Cameroi » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:06 pm

doesn't "source" just mean quoting someone else who doesn't know what they're talking about either?

at any rate, i humbly submit that no national sovereignty has ever had a "good" leader.
it's just not in the game.
truth isn't what i say. isn't what you say. isn't what anybody says. truth is what is there, when no one is saying anything.

"economic freedom" is "the cake"
=^^=
.../\...

Inertina
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Inertina » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:09 pm

United Russian State wrote:
It is not for us to bring out sources on generally accepted history. If you're going to challenge it, you need to back up your claims or we have no reason to take you seriously. That's the duty of the challenger. If you can't back up your own claims with unbiased sources, we have no reason to take you seriously.

Whata foolish post this is. It shows that you knowlittle about Serbia-Kosovo. I am speaking about accpeted history [unless your Albanian]. Serbs were in Kosovo since the 7th centerury, Kosovo was Serbia before Ottoman Empire and only became part of it after it was invaded by them, than Serbia took it back. You didn.t even list your outlooks on history or say which part of mine you want sources for. Serb population in Kosovo?

I am not here to fucking teach you an entire history of the entire region, this should been done inyour schools.

So let me get this straight: you come on here, insult everyone who disagrees with you, cite wildly disparate history from what is generally accepted to have been the case by most of us in the US (and judging from the lack of anyone on here even giving an inkling of support for you and the number of doubters, you are going against the accepted grain of history), refuse to back your sources, and then get petulant when we ask for them?

You're acting as a troll. Stop insulting everyone's education and start citing your sources if you want to be taken seriously.

United Russian State
Minister

Founded: Jul 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby United Russian State » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:18 pm

Again you failed, to tell me what part of history goes against yours. You askfor a source but you do not state for what. I will go with population, since I assume thats what you want. Other struff basic till youget to 80s and 90s. You want more thantry to state what you want. Just be safe, I will use wiki, otherwise you might scream basied Serb history/facts. Wiki isd "good enough"

Notice how after the world wars how Serb population drops largely. Did they all magcily dissapper?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Kosovo
Last edited by United Russian State on Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Defcon: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5)
State of War: Chernobyl-Pripyat
Establish Embassy in URS
URS Economy Information
Join Pan-Slavic Union State!
My long term plan is to contribute to globally warming as much as possible so my grandchildren can live in a world that is a few degrees warmer and where there is new coast land being created every day.- The Scandinvans

The U.S. did not controle the corrupt regiems it set up against the Soviet Union, it just sugested things and changed leaders if they weer not takeing enough sugestions-Omnicracy

NO ONE is poor and suffering in the US- they're pretending that while rollicking in welfare money-Pythria

Flameswroth
Senator

Founded: Sep 05, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Flameswroth » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:18 pm

Inertina wrote:So let me get this straight: you come on here, insult everyone who disagrees with you, cite wildly disparate history from what is generally accepted to have been the case by most of us in the US

While I agree that he is rather brusque in his argument, I'm not sure you can say his history is 'wildly disparate' without citing a source yourself, can you? I mean, I understand that introducing a contrasting view to commonly held sentiments requires some substantiation through sources, but in the NSG environment, can you even say there is a 'generally accepted' view on the events there?

I don't think it's fair, in an information neutral environment, to assume any given viewpoint as 'commonly held', even if some region in the outside world feels as much. I think if either side is going to make an assertion in a forum like Nationstates, whether that be "so and so did this" or "no they didn't" they should either back it up with sources or acknowledge that it is rooted in personal conception that was engendered outside the realm of discussion.
Czardas wrote:Why should we bail out climate change with billions of dollars, when lesbians are starving in the streets because they can't afford an abortion?

Reagan Clone wrote:What you are proposing is glorifying God by loving, respecting, or at least tolerating, his other creations.

That is the gayest fucking shit I've ever heard, and I had Barry Manilow perform at the White House in '82.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:24 pm

United Russian State wrote:supported ethnic cleasing of Serbs, supported terrorist groups like the KLA,

Eh?

You have evidence for those two claims?
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Inertina
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Inertina » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:30 pm

Flameswroth wrote:
I don't think it's fair, in an information neutral environment, to assume any given viewpoint as 'commonly held', even if some region in the outside world feels as much. I think if either side is going to make an assertion in a forum like Nationstates, whether that be "so and so did this" or "no they didn't" they should either back it up with sources or acknowledge that it is rooted in personal conception that was engendered outside the realm of discussion.

You're correct, I was in the wrong there. I don't think I'm wrong in challenging his view of history, but I was going about it the wrong way.

Former Principalities
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Former Principalities » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:31 pm

King George III. Don't know why they didn't stick with him. :lol2:

United Russian State
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United Russian State » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:34 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
United Russian State wrote:supported ethnic cleasing of Serbs, supported terrorist groups like the KLA,

Eh?

I always found hsitory books to be helpful for gettinin formation, but here we go. I trustyou are aware fo the ethnic conflict goingon in the region for quite some tiem [picks up during world war two] and what the KLA is? It used to be listed as a terrosit organzation by the USA until 1998, who removed it, Bill Clinton, shortly before the attack on Serbia. This group played a key role in massive killings of Serbs in Kosovo before this issue. NATO entered an ethnic conflict [mostly Albanians against Serbs inside Kosovo, which was largely almost over] on an one sided attack against Serbia [see NATO bombings]. They sided with Albanians who for hundreds of yearsd moved into Kosovo [Serbian name, Kosovo is also heart of Serbia] who were forceing Serbs out. Over 150 chruchs were burnt as well.
Establish Embassy in URS
URS Economy Information
My long term plan is to contribute to globally warming as much as possible so my grandchildren can live in a world that is a few degrees warmer and where there is new coast land being created every day.- The Scandinvans

The U.S. did not controle the corrupt regiems it set up against the Soviet Union, it just sugested things and changed leaders if they weer not takeing enough sugestions-Omnicracy

NO ONE is poor and suffering in the US- they're pretending that while rollicking in welfare money-Pythria

United Russian State
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United Russian State » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:35 pm

Establish Embassy in URS
URS Economy Information

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:36 pm

United Russian State wrote:I always found hsitory books to be helpful for gettinin formation, but here we go. I trustyou are aware fo the ethnic conflict goingon in the region for quite some tiem [picks up during world war two] and what the KLA is? It used to be listed as a terrosit organzation by the USA until 1998, who removed it, Bill Clinton, shortly before the attack on Serbia. This group played a key role in massive killings of Serbs in Kosovo before this issue. NATO entered an ethnic conflict [mostly Albanians against Serbs inside Kosovo, which was largely almost over] on an one sided attack against Serbia [see NATO bombings]. They sided with Albanians who for hundreds of yearsd moved into Kosovo [Serbian name, Kosovo is also heart of Serbia] who were forceing Serbs out. Over 150 chruchs were burnt as well.

I don't believe you understand the definition of 'source'. :meh:
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

United Russian State
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United Russian State » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:37 pm

Look above.
Establish Embassy in URS
URS Economy Information

Saaturia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Saaturia » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:39 pm

The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:
Saaturia wrote:
Amystris wrote::twisted:
Saaturia wrote:
James_xenoland wrote:
Tergnitz wrote:
Chrobalta wrote:
The Naked Ape wrote:I thought this board had a left-wing bias but Reagan is probably winning. Would like to see a poll where him and FDR go head to head.

There is usually an influx of little kids and people with little understanding of politics during holidays breaks.

Typical left-wing elitist, just belittle everyone who does not agree with you.

QFT! :|

LMAO! ROFLCOPTER! OMG!

Anymore acronyms you'd like to use to show your distaste of the "left-wing elite"?

Conservatives FTW

ROFLMAO!
You get it?! Mao!

:blink: :blink: :blink: Wow, that was not even remotely funny.

Like your...
FACE?! OH SNAP!!!
Economic Left/Right: -0.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.41

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:40 pm

United Russian State wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

Eh?

I always found hsitory books to be helpful for gettinin formation, but here we go. I trustyou are aware fo the ethnic conflict goingon in the region for quite some tiem [picks up during world war two] and what the KLA is? It used to be listed as a terrosit organzation by the USA until 1998, who removed it, Bill Clinton, shortly before the attack on Serbia. This group played a key role in massive killings of Serbs in Kosovo before this issue. NATO entered an ethnic conflict [mostly Albanians against Serbs inside Kosovo, which was largely almost over] on an one sided attack against Serbia [see NATO bombings]. They sided with Albanians who for hundreds of yearsd moved into Kosovo [Serbian name, Kosovo is also heart of Serbia] who were forceing Serbs out. Over 150 chruchs were burnt as well.

History books are read when you have an interest in that country and what not.

Can you discuss the history of the state of Arizona?

Maybe I am missing the link here. How does Clinton removing them from a terror list endorse the massacres and mass rape that went on? The way I read your statement is suggesting that Clinton funded them and told them to go get 'em!

The terror list (IIRC) is mainly for groups that export their activities. Does the KLA operate in other countries?
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

United Russian State
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United Russian State » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:45 pm

Maybe I am missing the link here. How does Clinton removing them from a terror list endorse the massacres and mass rape that went on? The way I read your statement is suggesting that Clinton funded them and told them to go get 'em!

During the war NATO supported the KLA inside Kosovo. Bill here, couldn't get away with supporting a terrorist group [I doubt most Americans would] so what does he do? Takes it off the damn list, so we could get away with supporting them.

The terror list (IIRC) is mainly for groups that export their activities. Does the KLA operate in other countries?

Inside the region, yes. Not sure aboutoutside. Hell, drug traffic with other terrorists should be enough reason to keep it on. Watch nations like Greece very carefuly, history is starting to repeat again.
Establish Embassy in URS
URS Economy Information

United Russian State
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United Russian State » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:49 pm

Mistake-deleted
Last edited by United Russian State on Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Establish Embassy in URS
URS Economy Information

United Russian State
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United Russian State » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:49 pm

Oh look! I found a video of one of the ~150 churches that were burnt down, largely went on when NATO supported Albanains.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn5SkGpIKDs

Shorter viedo- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SFomVQ5oA8
Last edited by United Russian State on Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Establish Embassy in URS
URS Economy Information

Narflezarpville
Civilian

Founded: Sep 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

van Buren

Postby Narflezarpville » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:53 pm

Martin van Buren was our last good president. A classical liberal who now has his own street gang, according to Cosmo Kramer.

Tergnitz
Senator

Founded: Nov 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tergnitz » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:55 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La%C5%A1va_Valley_ethnic_cleansing

Evidence that there was ethnic cleansing on all sides of the Bosnian War, yet a vast majority of US / NATO airstrikes and combat missions were flown against Serbian para-military forces within Bosnia.

Muskeegan
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Muskeegan » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:57 pm

General Andrew Jackson
Norwegian Alliance
Prime Minister: Muskeegan
See others postions in our factbook!!!!
Open to new Members!

Sports
Dep. Comm. of IBA: Len Hamman Team: MRL
NSSCRA: 89 JJ Hoya Jr. and 6 Cal Sebring
Curling WC: Chairman

Buisness:
Workhorse AG Equipment
Muskoka Int'l Airport
Fiorentina Dumas Int'l Airprt

Norwegian World Domination

United Russian State
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United Russian State » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:57 pm

Found something I didn't even know off, apperently some Albanians tried to attack America! How Ironic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq_DrUuHyhE
Establish Embassy in URS
URS Economy Information

Milks Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Milks Empire » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:21 pm

Narflezarpville wrote:Martin van Buren was our last good president.

You mean the guy that helped Genocidal Jackson engineer the Trail of Tears? He's on my shit list.

Muskeegan wrote:General Andrew Jackson

Genocidal Jackson? Worst. President. Ever.

United Russian State wrote:Found something I didn't even know off, apperently some Albanians tried to attack America! How Ironic!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq_DrUuHyhE

:palm:
That has little to do with their ethnic background and much to do with their religious fanaticism. Get a fucking clue.
Last edited by Milks Empire on Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dododecapod
Minister

Founded: Nov 02, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Dododecapod » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:00 pm

Milks Empire wrote:Genocidal Jackson? Worst. President. Ever.

Oh, hardly. He may have made decisions you disagreed with (come to that, that I disagree with) but can you honestly say he was as bad a President as Grant, Harding or (goodness preserve us) Buchanen?
GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2004
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:01 pm

United Russian State wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kosovo_Liberation_Army

An organisation that formed to resist the genocides being perpetrated by nationalist Serbs?

That MIGHT (according to Serbs) have killed as many as a thousand people?

While Slobodan Milošević can be held accountable for a quarter million.

Your history isn't just revisionist, it's ridiculously partisan.
I identify as
a problem

Maurepas
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:37 pm

Grave_n_idle wrote:

An organisation that formed to resist the genocides being perpetrated by nationalist Serbs?

Im not sure how many pages ago it was...but, I think its alot, lol, I said that already, :p

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2004
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:01 pm

Maurepas wrote:
Grave_n_idle wrote:

Im not sure how many pages ago it was...but, I think its alot, lol, I said that already, :p

Once again, I turn up two hours late, and twenty dollars short. :(
I identify as
a problem

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General