NATION

PASSWORD

GUN TALK (Favorite guns discussion thread)

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:04 pm

Koalatopolis wrote:I love the M1911 pistol for practical usage, and a MP5 is fun to fire as well.

When it comes to "fun" guns that I'll probably never be able to touch, the Kel-Tec KSG-12 tactical shotgun is probably my favorite.

I’ve only shot a 1911- derived gun a few times, eh it was ok. For what it was I prefer my M&P or stepdads Glock. Of course an actual .45 one might be different, and I still want one tbh.
Most of the time I have no idea what the hell I'm doing or talking about.

”Many forms of government have been tried and will be tried in this world of sin and woe.
No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is
the worst form of government, except for all the others that have been tried from time to time." -
Winston Churchill, 1947.

"Rifles, muskets, long-bows and hand-grenades are inherently democratic weapons. A complex weapon makes the strong stronger, while a simple weapon – so long as there is no answer to it – gives claws to the weak.” - George Orwell

Mujahidah
Minister

Founded: Mar 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Mujahidah » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:10 pm

Caseless Ammo sucks.

/thread
Your friendly, quirky neighborhood muslim girl
The Parkus Empire wrote:To paraphrase my hero, Richard Nixon: she's pink right down to her hijab.
The Parkus Empire wrote:I misjudged you, you are much more smarter than I gave you credit for.
Northern Davincia wrote:Can we engrave this in a plaque?
The Parkus Empire wrote:I am not sure I'm entirely comfortable with a woman being this well informed, but I'll try not to judge.
The Parkus Empire wrote:Ah, m'lady, if I were a heathen I'd wed thee four times

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:14 pm

Mujahidah wrote:Caseless Ammo sucks.

/thread

How dare you talk done to the Kraut Space Wizard overlords!/s

But yah having a heat sink built into your ammo is pretty nice.

”Many forms of government have been tried and will be tried in this world of sin and woe.
No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is
the worst form of government, except for all the others that have been tried from time to time." -
Winston Churchill, 1947.

"Rifles, muskets, long-bows and hand-grenades are inherently democratic weapons. A complex weapon makes the strong stronger, while a simple weapon – so long as there is no answer to it – gives claws to the weak.” - George Orwell

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:43 pm

Sovaal wrote:

/thread

How dare you talk done to the Kraut Space Wizard overlords!/s

But yah having a heat sink built into your ammo is pretty nice.

Caseless polymer ammunition.

FUUUUUTTUUUURRRRREEEEE!
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Democratic Exodian Territories
Minister

Founded: Aug 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Exodian Territories » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:54 pm

/thread

Definitely agreed.
An early-PMT island-archipelago nation in the Gulf of Mexico with right-libertarian and neoconservative tendencies. Born on memes and guns by the British and Spanish but built for something deeper.
_[ ]_
(-_Q)
Only NS official Policy, Government, Economy stats used
FACTBOOKS ARE NOT CANON. Most forum posts are.
Angel's Alliance Founder.
#comeandtakeit
RBC News Channel, brought to you by Sapphire Systems Ltd:
| US President MacArthur doubles down on internal corruption | Aid sent to Nicaragua after Tropical Storm Marta | Stocks down 2 points |

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Exodian Territories » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:01 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:i thought the M249 was one of the best SAWs in the world. Also will the US military not be satisfied until they've replaced every gun with an M16 or M4 look alike?

First off, I would prefer the KAC Stoner 99 LMG over the M249. I don’t particularly like the IAR, nor do I see its usage as a SAW.

Second, the M16 and M4 are national treasures. Don’t you dare tarnish them- (although the IAR, and the gun it was based off of, the HK416, are glorified German knockoffs of the AR-18. They don’t even have the classic M16 direct impingement.)
An early-PMT island-archipelago nation in the Gulf of Mexico with right-libertarian and neoconservative tendencies. Born on memes and guns by the British and Spanish but built for something deeper.
_[ ]_
(-_Q)
#comeandtakeit
| US President MacArthur doubles down on internal corruption | Aid sent to Nicaragua after Tropical Storm Marta | Stocks down 2 points |

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:23 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:i thought the M249 was one of the best SAWs in the world. Also will the US military not be satisfied until they've replaced every gun with an M16 or M4 look alike?

Apparently so. Fun fact: as of the '90s, I believe the SEALS were still using a variant of the M60.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Exodian Territories » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:11 pm

Pax Nerdvana wrote:

Apparently so. Fun fact: as of the '90s, I believe the SEALS were still using a variant of the M60.

*Rambo theme starts playing*

Good for the SEALs!- I always loved that thing just like I love the AR-15/M16 platform. It’s also just so iconic, especially in the Vietnam War alongside the M16A1, and I believe Desert Storm as well.
_[ ]_
(-_Q)
#comeandtakeit

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:23 pm

Democratic Exodian Territories wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:Apparently so. Fun fact: as of the '90s, I believe the SEALS were still using a variant of the M60.

*Rambo theme starts playing*

Good for the SEALs!- I always loved that thing just like I love the AR-15/M16 platform. It’s also just so iconic, especially in the Vietnam War alongside the M16A1, and I believe Desert Storm as well.

The M240 was much better and was ready to go around the same time the M60. Besides there's only 3 good things about Vietnam.
1. First mass use of the AK-47 platform
2. Vietnam won
3. The introduction of BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT
Last edited by Impaled Nazarene on Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

Hurtful Thoughts
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 09, 2005
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Hurtful Thoughts » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:40 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Democratic Exodian Territories wrote:*Rambo theme starts playing*

The M240 was much better and was ready to go around the same time the M60. Besides there's only 3 good things about Vietnam.

M240 is a bit more front-heavy, and the M60 was originally meant to be given to the "Automatic Rifleman" to replace the mag-fed M1918A2 and M14A1 rifles of smae caliber.

when the 5.56mm was being intro'd, the 7.62 was still "standard" in the 60's and the M60 was an AR up until the 90's rolled-up and told everyone the cold war was over and nobody had to worry about decimating human-wave attacks draped in soviet power-armor fueled by vodka-induced rage.

In short, the M60 was originally meant to be "one-manned" in a pucker-moment. Something the early FN-MAGs weren't looking up to the task for
Last edited by Hurtful Thoughts on Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Factbook and general referance thread.
HOI <- Storefront (WiP)
Due to population-cuts, military-size currently being revised

The People's Republic of Hurtful Thoughts is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and smutty television.
Mokostana wrote:See, Hurty cared not if the mission succeeded or not, as long as it was spectacular trainwreck. Sometimes that was the host Nation firing a SCUD into a hospital to destroy a foreign infection and accidentally sparking a rebellion... or accidentally starting the Mokan Drug War

Blackhelm Confederacy wrote:If there was only a "like" button for NS posts....

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:51 pm

Hurtful Thoughts wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:The M240 was much better and was ready to go around the same time the M60. Besides there's only 3 good things about Vietnam.

M240 is a bit more front-heavy, and the M60 was originally meant to be given to the "Automatic Rifleman" to replace the mag-fed M1918A2 and M14A1 rifles of smae caliber.

when the 5.56mm was being intro'd, the 7.62 was still "standard" in the 60's and the M60 was an AR up until the 90's rolled-up and told everyone the cold war was over and nobody had to worry about decimating human-wave attacks draped in soviet power-armor fueled by vodka-induced rage.

In short, the M60 was originally meant to be "one-manned" in a pucker-moment.

But as we saw with the mounted M60s they under-performed when mounted on anything heavier than a sandbag. Especially on helicopters. The rate of fire was just too low and while the M240 only shoots 200rpm faster at max its seen as the better mounted weapon.
Anarchist

Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:57 am

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Hurtful Thoughts wrote:M240 is a bit more front-heavy, and the M60 was originally meant to be given to the "Automatic Rifleman" to replace the mag-fed M1918A2 and M14A1 rifles of smae caliber.

In short, the M60 was originally meant to be "one-manned" in a pucker-moment.

But as we saw with the mounted M60s they under-performed when mounted on anything heavier than a sandbag. Especially on helicopters. The rate of fire was just too low and while the M240 only shoots 200rpm faster at max its seen as the better mounted weapon.

The M60 fires a heavier round, iIrc.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:02 am

Impaled Nazarene wrote:

2. Vietnam won
3. The introduction of BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT

The wrong Vietnam.

Winston Churchill, 1947.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Exodian Territories » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:29 am

Impaled Nazarene wrote:

2. Vietnam won
3. The introduction of BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT[/quote

0. The invention, and right after, first mass deployment of the handheld freedom sprayer AR-15/M16 platform

(But yeah, the AC130 is also great. And why is Vietnam winning a good thing?)
_[ ]_
(-_Q)
#comeandtakeit

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:31 am

Impaled Nazarene wrote:

2. Vietnam won
3. The introduction of BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT[/quote

0. The invention, and right after, first mass deployment of the handheld freedom sprayer AR-15/M16 platform

I have no clue. Vietnam also saw the F4 Phantom.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Exodian Territories » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:41 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:
Democratic Exodian Territories wrote:The M240 was much better and was ready to go around the same time the M60. Besides there's only 3 good things about Vietnam.
2. Vietnam won

I have no clue. Vietnam also saw the F4 Phantom.

Yeah, the F4 Phantom was really the American air champion during that time. We always have one notable aircraft during a conflict, starting from WWII.

WWII- P-51 Mustang (really, it’s the most notable Allied plane besides the Spitfire)
Korean War- F-86 Sabre
Vietnam War- F-4 Phantom
Falklands War- Harrier
Desert Storm (and rest of the Cold War)- F-14 Tomcat
Iraq War- F-16 Fighting Falcon
Any future conflicts- either F-22 Raptor or F-35 Lightning
Last edited by Democratic Exodian Territories on Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
_[ ]_
(-_Q)
#comeandtakeit

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:47 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:I have no clue. Vietnam also saw the F4 Phantom.

Yeah, the F4 Phantom was really the American air champion during that time. We always have one notable aircraft during a conflict, starting from WWII.

WWII- P-51 Mustang (really, it’s the most notable Allied plane besides the Spitfire)
Korean War- F-86 Sabre
Vietnam War- F-4 Phantom
Falklands War- Harrier
Desert Storm (and rest of the Cold War)- F-14 Tomcat
Iraq War- F-16 Fighting Falcon
Any future conflicts- either F-22 Raptor or F-35 Lightning

Yeah. I love airplanes. I know! We mount a railgun in an F14 Tomcat.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:14 am

Sovaal wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:The M240 was much better and was ready to go around the same time the M60. Besides there's only 3 good things about Vietnam.
2. Vietnam won

The wrong Vietnam.

The correct Vietnam. Ya know. The one with a legitimate government.

Democratic Exodian Territories wrote:And why is Vietnam winning a good thing?)

Because fuck imperialism, and fuck the puppet government known as South Vietnam.
Last edited by Impaled Nazarene on Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anarchist

The Empire of Pretantia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Empire of Pretantia » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:15 am

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Sovaal wrote:The wrong Vietnam.

The correct Vietnam. Ya know. The one with a legitimate government.

A socialist government is never legitimate.

And the M240 was just a knockoff of some Belgian crap. We should have developed an indigenous machine gun instead of adopting a weapon made by a country who spent the last two big wars occupied.
Last edited by The Empire of Pretantia on Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
ywn be as good as this video
Gacha
Trashing other people's waifus
Anti-NN
EA
Douche flutes
Zimbabwe
Putting the toilet paper roll the wrong way
Every single square inch of Asia
Lewding Earth-chan
Pollution
4Chan in all its glory and all its horror
Playing the little Switch controller handheld thing in public
Treading on me
Socialism, Communism, Anarchism, and all their cousins and sisters and brothers and wife's sons
Alternate Universe 40K
Nightcore
Comcast
Zimbabwe
Believing the Ottomans were the third Roman Empire
Parodies of the Gadsden flag
The Fate Series
US politics

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:20 am

The Empire of Pretantia wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:The correct Vietnam. Ya know. The one with a legitimate government.

And the M240 was just a knockoff of some Belgian crap. We should have developed an indigenous machine gun instead of adopting a weapon made by a country who spent the last two big wars occupied.

Horseshit. Next you'll be saying the US has been an invalid nation since 1776.

Also the M240 is not a knock off of Belgian "crap" its the US military designation of the FNMAG and Belgian weapons are hardly crap. They consistently make weapons on par if not better than the Germans do.
"by a country who spent the last two big wars occupied."
The Germans made some of the best weapons in history while occupied during the Cold War. US equipment wasn't always top notch either. Take a look at the Krag and the early WWII tanks the US fielded. You have such an awkwardly skewed idea of what good is.
Last edited by Impaled Nazarene on Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anarchist

The Empire of Pretantia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Empire of Pretantia » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:25 am

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
The Empire of Pretantia wrote:A socialist government is never legitimate.

Horseshit. Next you'll be saying the US has been an invalid nation since 1776.

Also the M240 is not a knock off of Belgian "crap" its the US military designation of the FNMAG and Belgian weapons are hardly crap. They consistently make weapons on par if not better than the Germans do.

European scrap metal from the world capital of doormats.

America doesn't need it. America needs American arms.
Gacha
Anti-NN
EA
Douche flutes
Zimbabwe
Lewding Earth-chan
Pollution
Treading on me
Socialism, Communism, Anarchism, and all their cousins and sisters and brothers and wife's sons
Alternate Universe 40K
Nightcore
Comcast
Zimbabwe
The Fate Series
US politics

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:28 am

Impaled Nazarene wrote:Horseshit. Next you'll be saying the US has been an invalid nation since 1776.

European scrap metal from the world capital of doormats.

:rofl:
Anarchist

The Empire of Pretantia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Empire of Pretantia » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:29 am

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
The Empire of Pretantia wrote:European scrap metal from the world capital of doormats.

:rofl:

Arms for the love of America.
Gacha
Anti-NN
EA
Douche flutes
Zimbabwe
Lewding Earth-chan
Pollution
Treading on me
Alternate Universe 40K
Nightcore
Comcast
Zimbabwe
The Fate Series
US politics

The Empire of Pretantia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Empire of Pretantia » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:32 am

Impaled Nazarene wrote:"by a country who spent the last two big wars occupied."
The Germans made some of the best weapons in history while occupied during the Cold War.

Only East Germany, and I don't recall them being renowned for firearms.
US equipment wasn't always top notch either. Take a look at the Krag and the early WWII tanks the US fielded. You have such an awkwardly skewed idea of what good is.

Krag was made by Norwegians (who aren't known for their arms industry), and the Americans had excellent tanks in the early war. It's just the Sherman was even better.
Gacha
Anti-NN
EA
Douche flutes
Zimbabwe
Lewding Earth-chan
Pollution
Treading on me
Alternate Universe 40K
Nightcore
Comcast
Zimbabwe
The Fate Series
US politics

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:40 am

Impaled Nazarene wrote:The correct Vietnam. Ya know. The one with a legitimate government.

^this tbh

Quality post

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General