NATION

PASSWORD

It's 2010 - where's my jetpack and my apartment on the moon?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
JuNii
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13517
Founded: Aug 22, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby JuNii » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:22 pm

Mad hatters in jeans wrote:Y2K bug a myth, a paperless office hmmm too ambitious. Worldwide socialism? what are you some kind of tree-hugger?

Y2K wasn't a myth. the reason why it never happened is because people DID something about it.
on the other hand... I have another set of fingers.

Unscramble these words...1) PNEIS. 2)HTIELR 3) NGGERI 4) BUTTSXE
1) SPINE. 2) LITHER 3)GINGER 4)SUBTEXT

User avatar
Maurepas
Post Czar
 
Posts: 36403
Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:23 pm

JuNii wrote:
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:I'm tired of disappointment. I think we aim too high, so I'm going to aim a little lower. I predict that by 2020, GM will come out with a car people actually want.


...or is that still aiming too high?


nope... Toyota will buy GM out. :lol2:

Idk, Im quite happy with my new Aveo, :)

User avatar
United Marktoria
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1205
Founded: Oct 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby United Marktoria » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:34 pm

No Hover boards
No hover conversions for cars
No Cafe 80's.
Back to the Future 2 really let me down. If ALL of these things are invented by 2015, I will be very happy. :)
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -3.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.03
Conserative Morality wrote:He stares into your soul and says 'If you oppose Freedom, I will rip out your heart and fertilize my fields with your blood, afterwords, I will construct architectural marvels with your bones and write entire books on your cured skin.'
You can tell a lot about a man's intentions from his stare.

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:
Tungookska wrote:you mean like the 12 guys and the prostitute that he hung out with?

That's not a commune. That's a rugby team. ;)

Ifreann wrote:I'm an atheist because God spoke to me through a burning pile of evidence bush and said unto me "Go forth, and piss my people off!".

User avatar
Wallonochia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 981
Founded: Jul 21, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Wallonochia » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:36 pm

United Marktoria wrote:No hover conversions for cars


I hope it stays that way, people have enough trouble driving in 2 dimensions.

User avatar
Maurepas
Post Czar
 
Posts: 36403
Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:38 pm

United Marktoria wrote:No Hover boards
No hover conversions for cars
No Cafe 80's.
Back to the Future 2 really let me down. If ALL of these things are invented by 2015, I will be very happy. :)

Hmmm...I could start wearing my clothes inside out, if that helps, :lol:

User avatar
Karakoran
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 3
Founded: Dec 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Karakoran » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:50 pm

Meh, I don't really care what they make in the next hundred years as long as I get to portal from LA to Paris in a few milisecounds for under 1k a person.

User avatar
Big Jim P
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 53580
Founded: Antiquity
Father Knows Best State

Postby Big Jim P » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:53 pm

Vorvina wrote:We should have nations on the moon.
That would be fun considering the nuclear bombs I wield.


Give me a nation on the moon and 5 nuclear devices and I would own the world. 8)
Last edited by Big Jim P on Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Buffett and Colbert
Post Czar
 
Posts: 32382
Founded: Oct 05, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Buffett and Colbert » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:55 pm

I'm greatly disappointed that I cannot floss my teeth with glow in the dark thread that plays music with every stroke.
If the knowledge isn't useful, you haven't found the lesson yet. ~Iniika
You-Gi-Owe wrote:If someone were to ask me about your online persona as a standard of your "date-ability", I'd rate you as "worth investigating further & passionate about beliefs". But, enough of the idle speculation on why you didn't score with the opposite gender.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:Clever, but your Jedi mind tricks don't work on me.

His Jedi mind tricks are insignificant compared to the power of Buffy's sex appeal.
Keronians wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:My law class took my virginity. And it was 100% consensual.

I accuse your precious law class of statutory rape.

User avatar
United Marktoria
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1205
Founded: Oct 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby United Marktoria » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:57 pm

Buffett and Colbert wrote:I'm greatly disappointed that I cannot floss my teeth with glow in the dark thread that plays music with every stroke.

Sigged... :D
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -3.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.03
Conserative Morality wrote:He stares into your soul and says 'If you oppose Freedom, I will rip out your heart and fertilize my fields with your blood, afterwords, I will construct architectural marvels with your bones and write entire books on your cured skin.'
You can tell a lot about a man's intentions from his stare.

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:
Tungookska wrote:you mean like the 12 guys and the prostitute that he hung out with?

That's not a commune. That's a rugby team. ;)

Ifreann wrote:I'm an atheist because God spoke to me through a burning pile of evidence bush and said unto me "Go forth, and piss my people off!".

User avatar
Buffett and Colbert
Post Czar
 
Posts: 32382
Founded: Oct 05, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Buffett and Colbert » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:58 pm

United Marktoria wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:I'm greatly disappointed that I cannot floss my teeth with glow in the dark thread that plays music with every stroke.

Sigged... :D

The things my mind produces when I'm out of sorts... :?
If the knowledge isn't useful, you haven't found the lesson yet. ~Iniika
You-Gi-Owe wrote:If someone were to ask me about your online persona as a standard of your "date-ability", I'd rate you as "worth investigating further & passionate about beliefs". But, enough of the idle speculation on why you didn't score with the opposite gender.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:Clever, but your Jedi mind tricks don't work on me.

His Jedi mind tricks are insignificant compared to the power of Buffy's sex appeal.
Keronians wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:My law class took my virginity. And it was 100% consensual.

I accuse your precious law class of statutory rape.

User avatar
United Marktoria
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1205
Founded: Oct 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby United Marktoria » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:02 am

Buffett and Colbert wrote:
United Marktoria wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:I'm greatly disappointed that I cannot floss my teeth with glow in the dark thread that plays music with every stroke.

Sigged... :D

The things my mind produces when I'm out of sorts... :?

Your unconscious mind is gold. my friend.
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -3.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.03
Conserative Morality wrote:He stares into your soul and says 'If you oppose Freedom, I will rip out your heart and fertilize my fields with your blood, afterwords, I will construct architectural marvels with your bones and write entire books on your cured skin.'
You can tell a lot about a man's intentions from his stare.

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:
Tungookska wrote:you mean like the 12 guys and the prostitute that he hung out with?

That's not a commune. That's a rugby team. ;)

Ifreann wrote:I'm an atheist because God spoke to me through a burning pile of evidence bush and said unto me "Go forth, and piss my people off!".

User avatar
Tunizcha
Senator
 
Posts: 4174
Founded: Mar 23, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tunizcha » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:07 am

Buffett and Colbert wrote:
United Marktoria wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:I'm greatly disappointed that I cannot floss my teeth with glow in the dark thread that plays music with every stroke.

Sigged... :D

The things my mind produces when I'm out of sorts... :?


Bad Buffy. :hug:
Barzan wrote: I'll stick with rape, thank you.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:It's Rape night on NSG.
*/l、
゙(゚、 。 7
l、゙ ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ

This is Koji. Copy and paste Koji to your sig so he can acheive world domination.

User avatar
Buffett and Colbert
Post Czar
 
Posts: 32382
Founded: Oct 05, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Buffett and Colbert » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:07 am

United Marktoria wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:
United Marktoria wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:I'm greatly disappointed that I cannot floss my teeth with glow in the dark thread that plays music with every stroke.

Sigged... :D

The things my mind produces when I'm out of sorts... :?

Your unconscious mind is gold. my friend.

:?
If the knowledge isn't useful, you haven't found the lesson yet. ~Iniika
You-Gi-Owe wrote:If someone were to ask me about your online persona as a standard of your "date-ability", I'd rate you as "worth investigating further & passionate about beliefs". But, enough of the idle speculation on why you didn't score with the opposite gender.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:Clever, but your Jedi mind tricks don't work on me.

His Jedi mind tricks are insignificant compared to the power of Buffy's sex appeal.
Keronians wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:My law class took my virginity. And it was 100% consensual.

I accuse your precious law class of statutory rape.

User avatar
Grave_n_idle
Post Czar
 
Posts: 43029
Founded: Feb 11, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Grave_n_idle » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:23 am

United Marktoria wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:
United Marktoria wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:I'm greatly disappointed that I cannot floss my teeth with glow in the dark thread that plays music with every stroke.

Sigged... :D

The things my mind produces when I'm out of sorts... :?

Your unconscious mind is gold. my friend.


...which explains why people keep sticking shovels in your head.
WASSER IST LEBEN

User avatar
United Marktoria
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1205
Founded: Oct 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby United Marktoria » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:30 am

Grave_n_idle wrote:
United Marktoria wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:
United Marktoria wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:I'm greatly disappointed that I cannot floss my teeth with glow in the dark thread that plays music with every stroke.

Sigged... :D

The things my mind produces when I'm out of sorts... :?

Your unconscious mind is gold. my friend.


...which explains why people keep sticking shovels in your head.

:rofl:
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -3.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.03
Conserative Morality wrote:He stares into your soul and says 'If you oppose Freedom, I will rip out your heart and fertilize my fields with your blood, afterwords, I will construct architectural marvels with your bones and write entire books on your cured skin.'
You can tell a lot about a man's intentions from his stare.

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:
Tungookska wrote:you mean like the 12 guys and the prostitute that he hung out with?

That's not a commune. That's a rugby team. ;)

Ifreann wrote:I'm an atheist because God spoke to me through a burning pile of evidence bush and said unto me "Go forth, and piss my people off!".

User avatar
Drachmar
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1126
Founded: Sep 10, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Drachmar » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:35 am

Grave_n_idle wrote:
United Marktoria wrote:Your unconscious mind is gold. my friend.


...which explains why people keep sticking shovels in your head.


Sigged... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Favorite quotes:

Grave_n_idle wrote:
United Marktoria wrote:Your unconscious mind is gold. my friend.

...which explains why people keep sticking shovels in your head.


Katganistan wrote:
North Wiedna wrote:I'm a monster in bed.

Women run screaming from you? ;)

User avatar
United Marktoria
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1205
Founded: Oct 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby United Marktoria » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:36 am

Drachmar wrote:
Grave_n_idle wrote:
United Marktoria wrote:Your unconscious mind is gold. my friend.


...which explains why people keep sticking shovels in your head.


Sigged... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yay! I'm in someones sig!
:hug:
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -3.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.03
Conserative Morality wrote:He stares into your soul and says 'If you oppose Freedom, I will rip out your heart and fertilize my fields with your blood, afterwords, I will construct architectural marvels with your bones and write entire books on your cured skin.'
You can tell a lot about a man's intentions from his stare.

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:
Tungookska wrote:you mean like the 12 guys and the prostitute that he hung out with?

That's not a commune. That's a rugby team. ;)

Ifreann wrote:I'm an atheist because God spoke to me through a burning pile of evidence bush and said unto me "Go forth, and piss my people off!".

User avatar
Cameroi
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15463
Founded: Dec 24, 2005
Democratic Socialists

Postby Cameroi » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:44 am

jetpacks have a weight-range problem, unless you want to carry matter and anti-matter on your back.
as for extraterrestrial emmigration, thank the anti-science attitudes of pseudo-conservatism, largely, although you can also thank the militance of the roman empire for the resulting religious fanatacism that made the dark ages dark.

monorails, are however, a practical reality in japan, and high-speed rail, in every developed country not in the western hemisphere.
truth isn't what i say. isn't what you say. isn't what anybody says. truth is what is there, when no one is saying anything.

"economic freedom" is "the cake"
=^^=
.../\...

User avatar
The Plutonian Empire
Diplomat
 
Posts: 918
Founded: Nov 15, 2004
Libertarian Police State

Postby The Plutonian Empire » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:52 am

Cameroi wrote:jetpacks have a weight-range problem, unless you want to carry matter and anti-matter on your back.
as for extraterrestrial emmigration, thank the anti-science attitudes of pseudo-conservatism, largely, although you can also thank the militance of the roman empire for the resulting religious fanatacism that made the dark ages dark.

monorails, are however, a practical reality in japan, and high-speed rail, in every developed country not in the western hemisphere.

Damn, fucking religion. >:(
Pro: Nukes, Imperialism, LGBT Rights, Welfare, Universal Basic Income, Universal Healthcare, Womens' Rights, Equal Pay, Space & Science prioritizaiton, Privacy, Net Neutrality, Free Love Freedom.
Neutral: Abortion, Religion, Environmentalism.
Against: Capitalism, Fascism, Surveillance, Police Militarization, Misogyny, Thought Policing.

RIP: Grandma Pat, 1934 - 2009
Celestia 1.6.1., Space Engine 0.980, Lavender Skies
Political Compass as of: Dec. 23, 2018
Economic Left/Right: -7.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.69

User avatar
Blitzkrenia
Minister
 
Posts: 3373
Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Blitzkrenia » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:56 am

The Plutonian Empire wrote:
Cameroi wrote:jetpacks have a weight-range problem, unless you want to carry matter and anti-matter on your back.
as for extraterrestrial emmigration, thank the anti-science attitudes of pseudo-conservatism, largely, although you can also thank the militance of the roman empire for the resulting religious fanatacism that made the dark ages dark.

monorails, are however, a practical reality in japan, and high-speed rail, in every developed country not in the western hemisphere.

Damn, fucking religion. >:(

Hugs? :hug: It's new year's. Make love, not flamewars.
"Seriousness is the only refuge of the shallow." -Oscar Wilde

User avatar
Hassett
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1957
Founded: Sep 11, 2009
Anarchy

Postby Hassett » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:56 am

Jetbacks have been around since the sixties, where have you been?
Unless you want one in your garage, I can see your point.
Black and Yellow
Economic Left/Right: 8.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.82
-Former United States
-Hassett: A History through Flags

User avatar
Sun Aut Ex
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5402
Founded: Nov 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Sun Aut Ex » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:00 am

Nobody knows who really said it, but "640K of memory should be enough for anybody".

My 4GB says otherwise.
Strykyh wrote:I wasn't trying to be intelligent.

Keronians wrote:
So you think it's ok to waste valuable police time and resources to pander to minority superstitions?

"All available officers, report downtown, armed suspected firing wildly into the public."
"I'll be about ten minutes, I have to go to ID a Muslim woman."


Yes.

Unless of course it's not OK for a woman to ask for a female to ask for a female officer to carry out body checks. In which case, the answer would be no.

"All available officers, report downtown, armed suspected firing wildly into the public."
"I'll be about then minutes, I have to go to carry out a body check on a woman."

User avatar
Tunizcha
Senator
 
Posts: 4174
Founded: Mar 23, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tunizcha » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:01 am

Blitzkrenia wrote:
The Plutonian Empire wrote:
Cameroi wrote:jetpacks have a weight-range problem, unless you want to carry matter and anti-matter on your back.
as for extraterrestrial emmigration, thank the anti-science attitudes of pseudo-conservatism, largely, although you can also thank the militance of the roman empire for the resulting religious fanatacism that made the dark ages dark.

monorails, are however, a practical reality in japan, and high-speed rail, in every developed country not in the western hemisphere.

Damn, fucking religion. >:(

Hugs? :hug: It's new year's. Make love, not flamewars.


We didn't start the flamewars.
Barzan wrote: I'll stick with rape, thank you.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:It's Rape night on NSG.
*/l、
゙(゚、 。 7
l、゙ ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ

This is Koji. Copy and paste Koji to your sig so he can acheive world domination.

User avatar
Brostkorgen
Envoy
 
Posts: 246
Founded: Jul 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Brostkorgen » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:47 am

I always imagined (and sort of hoped for) 2010 to be a lot like The Road Warrior...
Be excellent to each other and PARTY ON, DUDES!
Strange things are always afoot at the Brostkorgen Circle-K.

SpanishCleric wrote:In case you are unaware, everyone on the internet is an extremist in one fashion or another.

User avatar
New Ziedrich
Minister
 
Posts: 2614
Founded: Jan 24, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby New Ziedrich » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:49 am

greed and death wrote:
New Ziedrich wrote:Moon apartment has been delayed unti 2040 due to ignorance and apathy. Also, where's my fusion and orbital solar power? >:(

LBJ cut the funding for those things.
He said we could have technology, or social programs.
He choose the social programs.


Interesting. Have a quote or something on hand?
Science makes everything better!
“Humanity has the stars in its future, and that future is too important to be lost under the burden of juvenile folly and ignorant superstition.”
"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dresderstan, Duhon, Geneviev, Greed and Death, Heloin, Jean-Paul Sartre, Lower Nubia, MSN [Bot], Nakena, Neanderthaland, Pangurstan, Serconas, The Black Forrest, The Lone Alliance, Uiiop

Advertisement

Remove ads