NATION

PASSWORD

Islamic State Crisis Megathread (ISIS/ISIL/IS)

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

AkAr Cydonia
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby AkAr Cydonia » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:44 pm

-United Islamic Emirate- wrote:
Page wrote:Association itself is not an offense. If the people in question were asking "can we have some money/a ride/a place to stay while we do our thing?" then that would be different. But meeting some guy on the street whose like "Hi, I'm a terrorist" and instead of reporting him you're like "wanna go to Chilis and talk about Game of Thrones?" that's not illegal.

I never met these people in person they where all met through twitter. I talked to them via kik to ask questions about what it was like over there and to truly meet these people we see on tv being called terrorists. I did NOT know any of them in real life they where all online friends. That I briefly talked to for a few weeks over kik. I talked to 1 who is confermined dead,another who I am unsure about but hasn't spoken with since novemeber, another one just one day because my friend in bangladesh brought him into a group chat,than one other over twitter just said "Salaam Alaykum" to him and he reasoned with an equal response and he's also dead I think,and and last one wasnt my friend at all he was kind of a jerk in fact so never talked to him again. There is no law against having friends from other countries who are in other countries doing these things in that case having a friend or family member in a gang would be illegal and your not involved with them. I am NOT in Syria or Iraq I am not planning a single attack I am NOT a terrorist! I have not broken a law. In this country I am allowed to have an opinion weather be it fascism,racism,islamism,homophobia,liberalism,conservatism etc. So long as I do not act out of violence for my beliefs or join them.

If you talked with terrorists who are fighting for the IS over Twitter most likely you are on a list, all those Twitter accounts and Facebook accounts that support and advocate for the IS are currently being watched, that's why they are allowed to be on the internet, social media websites are the #1 intelligence gatherer.
The PRISM Program has its hands in everything, If your smart you would stop doing what your doing, this is how radicalization starts, curiosity killed the cat.
Last edited by AkAr Cydonia on Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-United Islamic Emirate-
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby -United Islamic Emirate- » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:46 pm

AkAr Cydonia wrote:
-United Islamic Emirate- wrote:I never met these people in person they where all met through twitter. I talked to them via kik to ask questions about what it was like over there and to truly meet these people we see on tv being called terrorists. I did NOT know any of them in real life they where all online friends. That I briefly talked to for a few weeks over kik. I talked to 1 who is confermined dead,another who I am unsure about but hasn't spoken with since novemeber, another one just one day because my friend in bangladesh brought him into a group chat,than one other over twitter just said "Salaam Alaykum" to him and he reasoned with an equal response and he's also dead I think,and and last one wasnt my friend at all he was kind of a jerk in fact so never talked to him again. There is no law against having friends from other countries who are in other countries doing these things in that case having a friend or family member in a gang would be illegal and your not involved with them. I am NOT in Syria or Iraq I am not planning a single attack I am NOT a terrorist! I have not broken a law. In this country I am allowed to have an opinion weather be it fascism,racism,islamism,homophobia,liberalism,conservatism etc. So long as I do not act out of violence for my beliefs or join them.

If you talked with terrorists who are fighting for the IS over Twitter most likely you are on a list, all those Twitter accounts and Facebook accounts that support and advocate for the IS are currently being watched, that's why they are allowed to be on the internet, social media websites are the #1 intelligence gatherer.

I don't use FB and I left twitter because of my fears. And I know I'm on a watch list and I hope the government see's this all too that I am not a terrorist I don't fund or give weapons to them and the government knows damn well credit card purchases where you have traveled you r curent mental state every thing. And they know I am not a terrorist.
نحن أبناء الإسلام التي أثارها الهدى والنور من الاسود مثل الشيخ أسامة ورفيقه أيمن مليئة شجاعة مثل أبو مصعب والأمير خطاب نموذجنا دور محمد الحبيب هو لدينا الضوء والمعلم ويترك كافة الأمر إلى الله
GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I support a FreeSyriaDo you?
http://ahraralsham.net/
Want to add me on kik? send me a TG!

AkAr Cydonia
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby AkAr Cydonia » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:51 pm

Your not on the same list as those who advocate for eqality, liberty, freedom and restoration of their soverign country...just saying.

Napkiraly
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Napkiraly » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:52 pm

An interesting article on both ISIS and terrorism in general. I agree with the end statement, more or less. http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/fareed-zakaria/2015/02/05/bd439ca6-ad7d-11e4-9c91-e9d2f9fde644_story.html

Al Nahar
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Al Nahar » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:18 pm

AkAr Cydonia wrote:Your not on the same list as those who advocate for eqality, liberty, freedom and restoration of their soverign country...just saying.

Whose list is that?
Missiles are our signature
تحيا الأمة العربية
Long Live Free Syria, Long Live Free Libya, Long Live the Arab Nation
Pro-Arab Nationalism, Secularism, Fatah Al Sisi, General Haftar, FSA Secular Rebels
Anti-Iran, Anti-Hezbollah, Anti-Muslim Brotherhood, Anti-Wahabist/Salafi, Anti-Zionist.

Celebration
Founding member of the League of Arab States https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=320477

-United Islamic Emirate-
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby -United Islamic Emirate- » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:24 pm

Al Nahar wrote:
AkAr Cydonia wrote:Your not on the same list as those who advocate for eqality, liberty, freedom and restoration of their soverign country...just saying.

Whose list is that?

Me :(
نحن أبناء الإسلام التي أثارها الهدى والنور من الاسود مثل الشيخ أسامة ورفيقه أيمن مليئة شجاعة مثل أبو مصعب والأمير خطاب نموذجنا دور محمد الحبيب هو لدينا الضوء والمعلم ويترك كافة الأمر إلى الله
GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I support a FreeSyriaDo you?
http://ahraralsham.net/
Want to add me on kik? send me a TG!

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:32 pm

-United Islamic Emirate- wrote:
Benuty wrote:Does NSG even give a damn about the rules of the federal government?

I can understand the Anti-Marijuana Lobotomies the mods push down, but it isn't like they are admitting to being part of a terrorist group.

talking to a person over social networking like NS's tg's is not being part of a terrorist group.

Oddly enough, recruiting for a terrorist group through social media IS considered being a terrorist.
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

West Aurelia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby West Aurelia » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:38 pm

_REPUBLIC OF WEST AURELIA_
Official factbook
#Valaransofab

UED
Senator

Founded: Jul 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby UED » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:40 pm

ISIS still stands?

I'm really hoping they collapse before 2015 ends...
Political and religious views don't define whether you are a good or bad person, unless you want to actively hurt everyone who doesn't believe what you say.

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:40 pm

An editorial claiming Jordan has no balls and a report that some Japanese are so determined to be inoffensive that they'll gladly let the IS walk all over them.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:41 pm

UED wrote:ISIS still stands?

They pissed off King Abdullah and his country instead of cowing them into pulling out as they had hoped. Now all we need for IS to secure a Darwin Award is for them to release a video of them murdering an Israeli hostage.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.

UED
Senator

Founded: Jul 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby UED » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:44 pm

Gauthier wrote:

They pissed off King Abdullah and his country instead of cowing them into pulling out as they had hoped. Now all we need for IS to secure a Darwin Award is for them to release a video of them murdering an Israeli hostage.

Isn't the US trying to hold Israel from intervening because the arabs would be wary of fighting with the Israelis against ISIS?
Political and religious views don't define whether you are a good or bad person, unless you want to actively hurt everyone who doesn't believe what you say.

The balkens
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The balkens » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:44 pm

Gauthier wrote:

An editorial claiming Jordan has no balls and a report that some Japanese are so determined to be inoffensive that they'll gladly let the IS walk all over them.

Turns out being A-bombed will change your culture so much that you go from being blood thirsty conquerors to being docile and relient on your allies, who knew?

Jesus Christ, what have we done?

Nebalon
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Nebalon » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:47 pm

The balkens wrote:
Gauthier wrote:

Turns out being A-bombed will change your culture so much that you go from being blood thirsty conquerors to being docile and relient on your allies, who knew?

Which is why we need to nuke the entire middle east in a preemptive strike.
Unjustly banned, and on the third day I rose again

West Aurelia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby West Aurelia » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:49 pm

Nebalon wrote:
The balkens wrote:

Hahahaha... no.
Official factbook
#Valaransofab

The balkens
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The balkens » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:51 pm

Gauthier wrote:

ISIS Theatre presents, Darwin.
"Hey boss! look who we and Kalid captured today while we were in southern Syria!"
"Omar, what country is this man from?" "Uh...." "Lebanon?" "No..." "Jordan?" "No...." "Iraq?" "No." "WELL COME ON TELL ME!"

"Israel."

"YOU FUCKED UP. YOU. FUCKED. UP! THATS IT! I AM GOING HOME! I DONT WANT TO BE A JIHIDI! I WANT A HOT WIFE! A TV! STEAK! EGGS AND ALL THAT GOOD WESTERN SHIT! YOU KILLED US ALL!" "Woah, whats the problem?"

"DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHO YOU JUST PISSED OFF!? THOSE IDIOTS AT HAMAS KILLED THREE OF THEM AND THEY DECLARED WAR!!!"
Last edited by The balkens on Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:53 pm

The balkens wrote:
Gauthier wrote:

Granted, they weren't always blood-thirsty conquerors. It's more along the lines of them wanting to warm up to the West, to be seen as equals rather than uppity inferiors to going around conquering places to being docile and reliant on Uncle Sam. Ironically enough, Uncle Sam saw in the wake of the Cold War that a docile Japan wasn't going to be handy in any potential conflict with Mother Russia.

Even more interesting to note is that in declassified CIA files, they've found documentation suggesting that the US government considered restoring the militarists (specifically, a clique of militarists and suspected war criminals led by Takushiro Hattori, the private secretary of Hideki Tojo) to power via a CIA operation a la Iran. However, the plot didn't materialize because Masanobu Tsuji (wanted for his role in the Baatan Death March, but never charged) talked the group out of it.

The more you know.
Last edited by Ganos Lao on Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This nation is controlled by the player who was once Neo-Ixania on the Jolt Forums! It is also undergoing reconstruction.

The balkens
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The balkens » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:54 pm

Ganos Lao wrote:
The balkens wrote:

Granted, they weren't always blood-thirsty conquerors. It's more along the lines of them wanting to warm up to the West, to be seen as equals rather than uppity inferiors to going around conquering places to being docile and reliant on Uncle Sam. Ironically enough, Uncle Sam saw in the wake of the Cold War that a docile Japan wasn't going to be handy in any potential conflict with Mother Russia.

Even more interesting to note is that in declassified CIA files, they've found documentation suggesting that the US government considered restoring the militarists (specifically, a clique of militarists and suspected war criminals led by Takushiro Hattori, the private secretary of Hideki Tojo) to power via a CIA operation a la Iran. However, the plot didn't materialize because Masanobu Tsuji (wanted for his role in the Baatan Death March, but never charged) talked the group out of it.

The more you know.

Jesus.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:56 pm

The Nuclear Fist wrote:
-United Islamic Emirate- wrote:Yet again not every member is like this. I have 2 friends in the group and 3 in Al-Nusra. I have another friend who has 5 mates in the group. There normal people like you and me.But ISIS has its evils which the media finds and enhances to make them seem worse than who they are.

Congratulations, you think you know the five people in ISIS who aren't complete shit piles.

The organization still commits genocide, mass rape, slavery, widespread murder, and similar acts of brutality across the region.

You should probably pass that info about who you know over to the FBI. You might actually do some good for once.

To be honest, I'd be surprised if those 5 people weren't total shit piles. I'm pretty sure that you must be a terribad person to want to join ISIS. Hell, by joining ISIS, you're a bad person, by definition, just like you're a bad person if you're a serial killer/child rapist (or any kind of rapist)/child abuser/etc.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:56 pm

Nebalon wrote:
The balkens wrote:

You'd want to nuke the entire region? Even Israel, who is not only said to have nuclear weapons but is reportedly willing to employ what has been called the Samson Option?

I don't think that's going to go over with Congress.

This nation is controlled by the player who was once Neo-Ixania on the Jolt Forums! It is also undergoing reconstruction.

The balkens
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The balkens » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:59 pm

Grenartia wrote:
The Nuclear Fist wrote:Congratulations, you think you know the five people in ISIS who aren't complete shit piles.

The organization still commits genocide, mass rape, slavery, widespread murder, and similar acts of brutality across the region.

You should probably pass that info about who you know over to the FBI. You might actually do some good for once.

To be honest, I'd be surprised if those 5 people weren't total shit piles. I'm pretty sure that you must be a terribad person to want to join ISIS. Hell, by joining ISIS, you're a bad person, by definition, just like you're a bad person if you're a serial killer/child rapist (or any kind of rapist)/child abuser/etc.

Seriously, its like the CIA created ISIS just to ID all the psychopaths in the word, round them up in one place and proceed to bomb the fuck out of them

West Aurelia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby West Aurelia » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:59 pm

Ganos Lao wrote:
Nebalon wrote:

You'd want to nuke the entire region? Even Israel, who is not only said to have nuclear weapons but is reportedly willing to employ what has been called the Samson Option?

I don't think that's going to go over with Congress.

But Congress doesn't authorize nuclear strikes.
Official factbook
#Valaransofab

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:02 am

The balkens wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

Seriously, its like the CIA created ISIS just to ID all the psychopaths in the word, round them up in one place and proceed to bomb the fuck out of them

The last time there was so many psychos joining up for a common cause The Joker was running wild in Gotham.

Herargon
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Herargon » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:03 am

AkAr Cydonia wrote:You can report terrorist activity to both the FBI and INTERPOL, you must be willing to go fully through with it though, this isn't a joke, if someone claims to have friends in known terrorist organizations they are by affiliation a sympathizer for knowing of the crime and sill befriending someone, both the FBI and INTERPOL will need information on yourself and the individual in question, this goes pass allegations because he willingly admitted it along with having terrorist propoganda, which is also illegal.

Just go to the FBI or INTERPOLs website to get the correct forms and report away.

Wish I was back in the sandbox to deal with these scum.

So if I have had a friend of which I never knew he was in a terrorist group, am I alleged to terrorists? Even when I only find it out later?
That's f**ked up. It is not true according to logical rationalism.
Also, may I inform that it's written "still".
Pro: tolerance, individualism, technocratism, democratism, freedom, freedom of speech and moderate religious expression, the ban on hate speech, constitutional monarchism, the Rhine model
Against: intolerance, radicalism, strong discrimination, populism, fascism, nazism, communism, totalitarianism, authoritarianism, absolutarianism, fundamentalism, strong religious expression, strong nationalism, police states

If you like philosophy, then here you can see what your own philosophical alignements are.

Ifreann wrote:That would certainly save the local regiment of American troops the trouble of plugging your head in ye olde shittere.
How scifi alliances actually work.

Herargon
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Herargon » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:06 am

The balkens wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

They actually did that. They gave money and supplies to wahhabist groups there.
Divide et impera.
Pro: tolerance, individualism, technocratism, democratism, freedom, freedom of speech and moderate religious expression, the ban on hate speech, constitutional monarchism, the Rhine model
Against: intolerance, radicalism, strong discrimination, populism, fascism, nazism, communism, totalitarianism, authoritarianism, absolutarianism, fundamentalism, strong religious expression, strong nationalism, police states

If you like philosophy, then here you can see what your own philosophical alignements are.

Ifreann wrote:That would certainly save the local regiment of American troops the trouble of plugging your head in ye olde shittere.
How scifi alliances actually work.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General