NATION

PASSWORD

Islamic State Crisis Megathread (ISIS/ISIL/IS)

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Klishi Islands
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Klishi Islands » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:25 pm

The Grand World Order wrote:
-United Islamic Emirate- wrote:Yet again not every member is like this. I have 2 friends in the group and 3 in Al-Nusra. I have another friend who has 5 mates in the group. There normal people like you and me.But ISIS has its evils which the media finds and enhances to make them seem worse than who they are.

You just admitted that you regularly associate with members of officially recognized terrorist groups, both which have DoD agendas against them. You are a US citizen currently in the US.

That is a Federal offense and I am a Federal employee.

Do you have the authority to report him/his nation to authorities? Also, any moderator opinions on this?
Economic Center-Left, Social Libertarian. Basically an ebul establishment neoliberal.
The political compass is no longer objective, so I've removed it from my sig. TG me for my specific positions.
"Bullshit is everywhere. There is very little that you will encounter in life that has not been, in some ways, infused with bullshit." ~ Jon Stewart

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when open. ~ Unknown

These quotes sum up how I feel about the political climate in America. Let's try to keep the debate healthy, open, and honest

West Aurelia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby West Aurelia » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:32 pm

-United Islamic Emirate- wrote:Yet again not every member is like this. I have 2 friends in the group and 3 in Al-Nusra. I have another friend who has 5 mates in the group. There normal people like you and me.But ISIS has its evils which the media finds and enhances to make them seem worse than who they are.

You just admitted that you regularly associate with members of officially recognized terrorist groups, both which have DoD agendas against them. You are a US citizen currently in the US.

Is it illegal to have friends in terrorist groups? Or is it illegal to not report it?
_REPUBLIC OF WEST AURELIA_
Official factbook
#Valaransofab

Napkiraly
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Napkiraly » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:33 pm

The Klishi Islands wrote:

Do you have the authority to report him/his nation to authorities? Also, any moderator opinions on this?

Technically speaking I don't think you have to be a federal employee in order to bring him to the attention of the authorities.

The Klishi Islands
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Klishi Islands » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:38 pm

Napkiraly wrote:
The Klishi Islands wrote:

Technically speaking I don't think you have to be a federal employee in order to bring him to the attention of the authorities.

Duh. My bad. Should someone, maybe a mod, report him?
Economic Center-Left, Social Libertarian. Basically an ebul establishment neoliberal.
The political compass is no longer objective, so I've removed it from my sig. TG me for my specific positions.
"Bullshit is everywhere. There is very little that you will encounter in life that has not been, in some ways, infused with bullshit." ~ Jon Stewart

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when open. ~ Unknown

These quotes sum up how I feel about the political climate in America. Let's try to keep the debate healthy, open, and honest

Page
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:38 pm

Association itself is not an offense. If the people in question were asking "can we have some money/a ride/a place to stay while we do our thing?" then that would be different. But meeting some guy on the street whose like "Hi, I'm a terrorist" and instead of reporting him you're like "wanna go to Chilis and talk about Game of Thrones?" that's not illegal.
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

AkAr Cydonia
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby AkAr Cydonia » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:39 pm

You can report terrorist activity to both the FBI and INTERPOL, you must be willing to go fully through with it though, this isn't a joke, if someone claims to have friends in known terrorist organizations they are by affiliation a sympathizer for knowing of the crime and sill befriending someone, both the FBI and INTERPOL will need information on yourself and the individual in question, this goes pass allegations because he willingly admitted it along with having terrorist propoganda, which is also illegal.

Just go to the FBI or INTERPOLs website to get the correct forms and report away.

Wish I was back in the sandbox to deal with these scum.
Last edited by AkAr Cydonia on Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:53 pm

AkAr Cydonia wrote:You can report terrorist activity to both the FBI and INTERPOL, you must be willing to go fully through with it though, this isn't a joke, if someone claims to have friends in known terrorist organizations they are by affiliation a sympathizer for knowing of the crime and sill befriending someone, both the FBI and INTERPOL will need information on yourself and the individual in question, this goes pass allegations because he willingly admitted it along with having terrorist propoganda, which is also illegal.

Just go to the FBI or INTERPOLs website to get the correct forms and report away.

Do I get to meet an FBI agent? :p

Also, Grand, what do you do?
“There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind.
The second way is to be kind.
The third way is to be kind.”
― Fred Rogers
Currently looking for an artist for a Star Wars fan comic I want to make.

New Jordslag
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Jordslag » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:57 pm

Zeinbrad wrote:
AkAr Cydonia wrote:You can report terrorist activity to both the FBI and INTERPOL, you must be willing to go fully through with it though, this isn't a joke, if someone claims to have friends in known terrorist organizations they are by affiliation a sympathizer for knowing of the crime and sill befriending someone, both the FBI and INTERPOL will need information on yourself and the individual in question, this goes pass allegations because he willingly admitted it along with having terrorist propoganda, which is also illegal.

He TGed me and told me it was some agency where they looked for Terrorist threats online.
My favorite games are the Pokemon Games. Shoot me a TG if you want to talk about them.
Don't worry! It's all just a tall tale, okay?
Favorite Ecchi Fan of Lith and Self-Proclaimed Pokemon King of NS.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
New Jordslag wrote:Then we can have another New York. No such thing as too many New Yorks.

And somewhere in New York, Big Jim P gets a cold shudder down his spine.

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:12 pm

Does NSG even give a damn about the rules of the federal government?

I can understand the Anti-Marijuana Lobotomies the mods push down, but it isn't like they are admitting to being part of a terrorist group.
Last edited by Benuty on Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Margno
Minister

Founded: Sep 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Margno » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:17 pm

You also play a fascist on this site. Should I put in a call to the SPLC or the anti defamation league? What am I gonna give them? Your handle on an internet forum? Then I'm going to fucking jail for all the people I've harassed and said "I'll fucking kill you" to on Starcraft. I assume if a nineteen year old completely benign anarchist like myself knows to use tor, UIE does.
Don't make idle threats.
Last edited by Margno on Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Never, never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way.
We have nothing to lose but the world. We have our souls to gain.
You!
Me.
Nothing you can possibly do can make God love you any more or any less.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:18 pm

Sure, and I am famous Psychosurgeon Walter Freeman.
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Napkiraly
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Napkiraly » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:21 pm

Benuty wrote:

Sure, and I am famous Psychosurgeon Walter Freeman.

To be fair, it does say he's a Marine. Which does make him a federal employee.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:22 pm

Napkiraly wrote:
Benuty wrote:Sure, and I am famous Psychosurgeon Walter Freeman.

Eh you have a point.

Typically though the military just doesn't have the same ring as the civilian federal government".

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:24 pm

Oh. You are a mailman?
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Margno
Minister

Founded: Sep 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Margno » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:24 pm

Napkiraly wrote:
Benuty wrote:Sure, and I am famous Psychosurgeon Walter Freeman.

Maybe I should start saying Hey Americans, overthrow your government! Break immoral laws! to every marine I meet on this site. I've said it a lot already, and no FBI agents at my door. I guess they're slacking.
Never, never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way.
We have nothing to lose but the world. We have our souls to gain.
You!
Me.
Nothing you can possibly do can make God love you any more or any less.

Napkiraly
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Napkiraly » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:25 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:

Oh. You are a mailman?

United States Marine, it would seem.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:25 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:

Oh. You are a mailman?

Last edited by Benuty on Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Napkiraly
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Napkiraly » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:25 pm

Benuty wrote:
Napkiraly wrote:To be fair, it does say he's a Marine. Which does make him a federal employee.

Eh you have a point.

Typically though the military just doesn't have the same ring as the civilian federal government".

Yeah, but it does make him correct technically.
Last edited by Napkiraly on Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:27 pm

Napkiraly wrote:
Benuty wrote:Eh you have a point.

Yeah, but it does make him correct technically.

Still its rather an annoyance.

Its like being the guy shouting fire in a theater because the guy next to him in the hipster shirt was snoring.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:28 pm

Napkiraly wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:
Oh. You are a mailman?

United States Marine, it would seem.

Ask him for his DD-214
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Napkiraly
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Napkiraly » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:29 pm

Benuty wrote:
Napkiraly wrote:Yeah, but it does make him correct technically.

Still its rather an annoyance.

Its like being the guy shouting fire in a theater because the guy next to him in the hipster shirt was snoring.

Tbf that's sympathetic. Being a hipster ought to be a crime.

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:34 pm

Margno wrote:

You also play a fascist on this site. Should I put in a call to the SPLC or the anti defamation league? What am I gonna give them? Your handle on an internet forum? Then I'm going to fucking jail for all the people I've harassed and said "I'll fucking kill you" to on Starcraft. I assume if a nineteen year old completely benign anarchist like myself knows to use tor, UIE does.
Don't make idle threats.

Huh?
“There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind.
The second way is to be kind.
The third way is to be kind.”
― Fred Rogers
Currently looking for an artist for a Star Wars fan comic I want to make.

-United Islamic Emirate-
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby -United Islamic Emirate- » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:37 pm

Page wrote:Association itself is not an offense. If the people in question were asking "can we have some money/a ride/a place to stay while we do our thing?" then that would be different. But meeting some guy on the street whose like "Hi, I'm a terrorist" and instead of reporting him you're like "wanna go to Chilis and talk about Game of Thrones?" that's not illegal.

I never met these people in person they where all met through twitter. I talked to them via kik to ask questions about what it was like over there and to truly meet these people we see on tv being called terrorists. I did NOT know any of them in real life they where all online friends. That I briefly talked to for a few weeks over kik. I talked to 1 who is confermined dead,another who I am unsure about but hasn't spoken with since novemeber, another one just one day because my friend in bangladesh brought him into a group chat,than one other over twitter just said "Salaam Alaykum" to him and he reasoned with an equal response and he's also dead I think,and and last one wasnt my friend at all he was kind of a jerk in fact so never talked to him again. There is no law against having friends from other countries who are in other countries doing these things in that case having a friend or family member in a gang would be illegal and your not involved with them. I am NOT in Syria or Iraq I am not planning a single attack I am NOT a terrorist! I have not broken a law. In this country I am allowed to have an opinion weather be it fascism,racism,islamism,homophobia,liberalism,conservatism etc. So long as I do not act out of violence for my beliefs or join them.
نحن أبناء الإسلام التي أثارها الهدى والنور من الاسود مثل الشيخ أسامة ورفيقه أيمن مليئة شجاعة مثل أبو مصعب والأمير خطاب نموذجنا دور محمد الحبيب هو لدينا الضوء والمعلم ويترك كافة الأمر إلى الله
GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I support a FreeSyriaDo you?
http://ahraralsham.net/
Want to add me on kik? send me a TG!

AkAr Cydonia
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby AkAr Cydonia » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:38 pm

Zeinbrad wrote:

You might who knows, they would probably make a visit if this is/was real and make you show them the posts in question in person.

I was in the Canadian Forces from 2006-2013, now I just train certain individuals here in Alberta Canada and Petawawa Ontario.

-United Islamic Emirate-
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby -United Islamic Emirate- » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:41 pm

Benuty wrote:Does NSG even give a damn about the rules of the federal government?

I can understand the Anti-Marijuana Lobotomies the mods push down, but it isn't like they are admitting to being part of a terrorist group.

talking to a person over social networking like NS's tg's is not being part of a terrorist group.
نحن أبناء الإسلام التي أثارها الهدى والنور من الاسود مثل الشيخ أسامة ورفيقه أيمن مليئة شجاعة مثل أبو مصعب والأمير خطاب نموذجنا دور محمد الحبيب هو لدينا الضوء والمعلم ويترك كافة الأمر إلى الله
GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I support a FreeSyriaDo you?
http://ahraralsham.net/
Want to add me on kik? send me a TG!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General