NATION

PASSWORD

Pelosi loses it and chases Republican across house floor

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Ben Boys
Senator

Founded: Apr 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Ben Boys » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:27 pm

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
The Ben Boys wrote:Cool. Thing is I believe most of that, I just realize there's a tilt. Not to the extent of MSNBC and Fox in their respective spectrums, but I gotta be a realist and at least aknowledge that the media isn't the high minded crusaders of social justice and "telling the people the truth".

That's waaaay overstating it. They didn't even know who he was, identifying him as "the heckler". Moreover, he was not attacking the government or the system, though the outburst being directed at the president was what brought the incident to light. Again, a breach of decorum and incredibly inappropriate.

You think that it mattered that they didn't immediately know his name? This was an elected Congressional Representative heckling The President of the United States on live television while the man was fulfilling his Constitutional obligations. That's the equivalent of holding up your middle finger in the background during the inauguration.

Someone stared at my prick when I had for fill my body's obligation at the urinal. That's the equivalent of sexual harassment. When I put it that way it has a whole new meaning.

As I stated earlier, it's because of Pelosi's position within the party. It isn't as bad in context, obviously, and I definitely considered the State of the Union incident worse after a quick refresher (again it was meant more as an aside) but this incident isn't getting the attention I believe it should get.

"Both Religion and science require a belief in God. For believers, God is in the beginning, and for physicists He is at the end of all considerations"-Max Planck

Packers Nation

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jun 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:45 pm

The Ben Boys wrote:
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
You think that it mattered that they didn't immediately know his name? This was an elected Congressional Representative heckling The President of the United States on live television while the man was fulfilling his Constitutional obligations. That's the equivalent of holding up your middle finger in the background during the inauguration.

Someone stared at my prick when I had for fill my body's obligation at the urinal. That's the equivalent of sexual harassment. When I put it that way it has a whole new meaning.

As I stated earlier, it's because of Pelosi's position within the party. It isn't as bad in context, obviously, and I definitely considered the State of the Union incident worse after a quick refresher (again it was meant more as an aside) but this incident isn't getting the attention I believe it should get.

I think that it's getting exactly the amount of attention that it deserves. It was in the media, the public decided that they didn't care all that much, it stopped getting coverage.

The Ben Boys
Senator

Founded: Apr 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Ben Boys » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:50 pm

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:It was in the media, the public decided that they didn't care all that much, it stopped getting coverage.

I don't think it works that way. If it doesn't get that much attention to begin with... it isn't going to get much attention.

"Both Religion and science require a belief in God. For believers, God is in the beginning, and for physicists He is at the end of all considerations"-Max Planck

Packers Nation

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jun 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:57 pm

The Ben Boys wrote:
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:It was in the media, the public decided that they didn't care all that much, it stopped getting coverage.

I don't think it works that way. If it doesn't get that much attention to begin with... it isn't going to get much attention.

It got attention in the first place. That's how someone was able to link it here.

Boston and Surrounding Provinces
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Boston and Surrounding Provinces » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:18 pm

I think my ribs are broken from laughter. We all knew that would happen at some point.
"Vita ac Libertas”
Pro: Libertarian, capitalism, gay rights, civil rights, Bill of Rights
Anti: Conservatives, Liberals, communism, gun control
Empire of Narnia wrote:I wish I could sell my body parts for money. I would buy so many toys.

Altraxa wrote:With Cthulu, all things are possible. Remember, impossible is a word for those who haven't sacrificed enough virgins

Eaglleia wrote:Clearly, there needs to be a dinosaur rights act to properly define the acceptable treatment of dinosaurs.
"New England Confederacy"
I am 95% LibertarianDo you like public parks? Well then you're a STAAAAATIST!

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:26 pm

Boston and Surrounding Provinces wrote:I think my ribs are broken from laughter. We all knew that would happen at some point.

Knew what would happen? That some Republican troll would make it to Congress and push a Democrat to the point where they lost it and did something inappropriate while the Tea Party peanut gallery laughed their asses off and then acted holier-than-thou while still also making remarks that were even more inappropriate? Yes, I suppose we did know that would happen some day.
Economic:-8.12 Social:-7.59 Moral Rules:5 Moral Order:-5
Muravyets: Maineiacs, you are brilliant, too! I stand in delighted awe.
Sane Outcasts:When your best case scenario is five kilometers of nuclear contamination, you know someone fucked up.
Geniasis: Christian values are incompatible with Conservative ideals. I cannot both follow the teachings of Christ and be a Republican. Therefore, I choose to not be a Republican.
Galloism: If someone will build a wall around Donald Trump, I'll pay for it.
Bottle tells it like it is
add 6,928 to post count

UED
Senator

Founded: Jul 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby UED » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:09 pm

Wow
:rofl:
Political and religious views don't define whether you are a good or bad person, unless you want to actively hurt everyone who doesn't believe what you say.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General