NATION

PASSWORD

Pelosi loses it and chases Republican across house floor

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kelmet » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:16 pm

Dyakovo wrote:
Kelmet wrote:
And

As I said. Your reading comprehension issues aside, no-one did anything of the sort.

I was drawing the similarities between what always happens on political threads here on NS, due to the majority of user being Liberal,

And you attacking my "reading issues" when you don't even know me, how cute :blush:
Call me Kel
Captain US Army Intelligence

Co-OP and OP Experience

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:16 pm

Kelmet wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:She didn't "go in a hissy fit", nor was her reaction due to someone criticizing her.
Her reaction was due to him lying tl the American people on the House floor.

Why would she get that mad over something that happens every day unless it was directed at her?

Source that elected representatives blatantly lie to the public from the House floor every day?
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent...
Freedom from religion is an integral part of Freedom of religion
Married to Koshka
USMC veteran MOS 0331/8152
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Ifreann: Odds are you're secretly a zebra with a very special keyboard.
Ostro: I think women need to be trained
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:17 pm

Kelmet wrote:I like how you guys took it from an opinion on what she did to

Oh, Fox new's and the evil republicans

Well? If you looked at the video, he is a republican talking on fox news. So your point?
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jun 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:17 pm

Viritica wrote:
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
Oh, so now we're back to the subject, and not odd accusations that I'm angry because Pelosi's being mocked? Good to know.

I don't think that Pelosi needs a defense for her actions. It was a mild break with decorum, and probably not worth the energy that it took for you to make a thread.

Where was I rude to you?

You certainly seemed to be angry since you're talking a whole holier than thou attitude and said "Pfft, there doesn't need to be a thread for this."

I made this thread for one reason: to have a good ole time and and laugh at Pelosi for acting like a crazy old senile bat. I mean, I've seen other people make threads dedicated to mocking Republicans for making mistakes and I never heard a peep from you regarding them. Why the sudden disgust for this thread? What's so bad about laughing at her silly mistake?

And you were rude to me with the whole "I don't even take you seriously bro" thing. And if you can't understand how someone would take offense at that then you truly are dense.

Okay, so you're laughing at Pelosi. We're simply disagreeing with your idea that her actions are a source of mockery, and questioning the premise of some of your assumptions. That's not a holier than thou attitude. That's simply how disagreements work. If you're not able to handle disagreements without accusing others of having a poor attitude or of having ugly motivations, then it's going to be very difficult for you to find people willing to engage with you after a while. And, yes, one of the things that I'm calling into question is the need for this thread over what seems to have been a minor matter. I don't see the need for it, you disagree. I fail to see how this implies any anger on my part.

My comment regarding taking you seriously was an attempt to explain why you were mistaken in your thought that I was angry. I can't get angry at you, since I don't take you seriously at all. If you're not able to handle people explaining to you why you're wrong regarding their motivations and feelings, then perhaps you shouldn't attempt to characterize their motivations and feelings.
Last edited by Yumyumsuppertime on Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Viritica
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Viritica » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:17 pm

Dyakovo wrote:
Viritica wrote:It seems pretty childish. She went into a massive hissy fit over people criticizing her.

Politicians get criticized by everyone and everything. If you can't handle it you shouldn't be a politician.

She didn't "go in a hissy fit", nor was her reaction due to someone criticizing her.

Lying, criticism, whatever. I'm not here to debate the merits of what he said. She chased him around the House floor, made Tweets to her cult of followers calling "insignificant", and accepted an apology that there's no proof he gave.
Empire of Viritica (PMT) · Factbook (Incomplete)
Hamas started this after all
NSG's Resident KKKoch Rethuglican Shill
Watch Mark Levin shred Jon Stewart
The Jewish Reich is upon us

Conservative Atheist, Pro-Choice, Pro-LGBT rights, Pro-Israel, Zionist, Anti-UN

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Postby Kelmet » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:17 pm

Dyakovo wrote:
Kelmet wrote:Why would she get that mad over something that happens every day unless it was directed at her?

Source that elected representatives blatantly lie to the public from the House floor every day?

Politics? :lol2:
Last edited by Kelmet on Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Kel

Co-OP and OP Experience

Viritica
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Viritica » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:18 pm

Scomagia wrote:
Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:Viritica - and anyone else getting caught up in things here: Attack the argument, not the poster. And kindly refrain from 'nuh uh, you' and 'this one time you hurt my feels so I'ma hurt yours' and other such back and forth snarkery. If you can't debate with some measure of civility, this may not be the place for you.

Kinda like you just said with the politicians. Amazing how that works.

Seems very odd that you addressed that primarily towards Viriticia.

I've told Nathi off before.

I don't think she likes me.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:18 pm

Scomagia wrote:
Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:Viritica - and anyone else getting caught up in things here: Attack the argument, not the poster. And kindly refrain from 'nuh uh, you' and 'this one time you hurt my feels so I'ma hurt yours' and other such back and forth snarkery. If you can't debate with some measure of civility, this may not be the place for you.

Kinda like you just said with the politicians. Amazing how that works.

Seems very odd that you addressed that primarily towards Viriticia.

The mods take history into consideration.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Postby Kelmet » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:18 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:

Well? If you looked at the video, he is a republican talking on fox news. So your point?

I was drawing the similarities between what always happens on political threads here on NS, due to the majority of users being Liberal,
Call me Kel

Co-OP and OP Experience

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:18 pm

There's no apostrophe in "news".

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:19 pm

Kelmet wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:As I said. Your reading comprehension issues aside, no-one did anything of the sort.

I was drawing the similarities between what always happens on political threads here on NS, due to the majority of user being Liberal,

And you attacking my "reading issues" when you don't even know me, how cute :blush:

I know you failed to read the comments you used as evidence in context.
*shrugs*
Married to Koshka
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Postby Kelmet » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:19 pm

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

Inadvertently showing how serious I take the US congress, and mass media
Call me Kel

Co-OP and OP Experience

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:20 pm

Viritica wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:She didn't "go in a hissy fit", nor was her reaction due to someone criticizing her.

Lying, criticism, whatever. I'm not here to debate the merits of what he said. She chased him around the House floor, made Tweets to her cult of followers calling "insignificant", and accepted an apology that there's no proof he gave.

So? How is quickly walking across the room to his side equate to chasing?

Is there more video of him running around the room crying "she is after me!!!!!"

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:20 pm

Kelmet wrote:
And yet she still would have been 100% accurate.

She would have been. That's not a slam on Republicans as being evil, it's what I consider to be an accurate description of the Congressman in question.

Kelinfort
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kelinfort » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:20 pm

Look, newbies telling me how to do my job and generally piss me off would get to me, but you can't pull this shit. Not to mention, it's a huge distraction now from policy.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:21 pm

Kelmet wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

I was drawing the similarities between what always happens on political threads here on NS, due to the majority of users being Liberal,

*shrugs* Defending Fox is rather strange way to argue. Low grade infotainment that it is.....

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:21 pm

Geilinor wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:
i disagree but whatever.

People can be really theatrical and rude (like in the OP) because democracy, through its adversarial nature promotes confrontationalism and has a higher tolerance for theatrics. The elected representatives in general also come from really aggressive professions (like running businesses or being lawyers) and this promotes a different dynamic than if you were raised a gentleman, in a mansion, and with all the proprieties of good manner from a young age. It's just different.

An aggressive profession is better than having all your status and power handed to you on a golden platter without needing an actual profession.

not if you want to avoid/minimize incidents of immature theatrical behavior like the type described by the OP...

There's a difference between a society where everyone is primarily raised to serve, behave well, and be civilized and another where people are raised from day one to be competitive, aggressive, politicians. Its the latter group that fills our governments now sadly.

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Postby Kelmet » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:21 pm

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
Kelmet wrote:

She would have been. That's not a slam on Republicans as being evil, it's what I consider to be an accurate description of the Congressman in question.

The Congressmen in question has been know to stretch the truth on more than one occasion.
Call me Kel

Co-OP and OP Experience

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:21 pm

Viritica wrote:

Remember what I said about being honest?
Married to Koshka

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Postby Kelmet » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:22 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Kelmet wrote:I was drawing the similarities between what always happens on political threads here on NS, due to the majority of users being Liberal,

*shrugs* Defending Fox is rather strange way to argue. Low grade infotainment that it is.....

I would never defend a news corporation. Just saying how popular of a target they are.
Call me Kel

Co-OP and OP Experience

Viritica
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Viritica » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:23 pm

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
Viritica wrote:You certainly seemed to be angry since you're talking a whole holier than thou attitude and said "Pfft, there doesn't need to be a thread for this."

I made this thread for one reason: to have a good ole time and and laugh at Pelosi for acting like a crazy old senile bat. I mean, I've seen other people make threads dedicated to mocking Republicans for making mistakes and I never heard a peep from you regarding them. Why the sudden disgust for this thread? What's so bad about laughing at her silly mistake?

And you were rude to me with the whole "I don't even take you seriously bro" thing. And if you can't understand how someone would take offense at that then you truly are dense.

1. Okay, so you're laughing at Pelosi. We're simply disagreeing with your idea that her actions are a source of mockery, and questioning the premise of some of your assumptions. That's not a holier than thou attitude. That's simply how disagreements work. If you're not able to handle disagreements without accusing others of having a poor attitude or of having ugly motivations, then it's going to be very difficult for you to find people willing to engage with you after a while. And, yes, one of the things that I'm calling into question is the need for this thread over what seems to have been a minor matter. I don't see the need for it, you disagree. I fail to see how this implies any anger on my part.

2. My comment regarding taking you seriously was an attempt to explain why you were mistaken in your thought that I was angry. I can't get angry at you, since I don't take you seriously at all. If you're not able to handle people explaining to you why you're wrong regarding their motivations and feelings, then perhaps you shouldn't attempt to characterize their motivations and feelings.

1. But how are her actions not a source of mockery? I mean, honestly. She blatantly breaks House decorum, chases a Republican around the floor, made Tweets calling him "insignificant" (if that isn't childish then I don't know what is), and accepted an apology she has no proof he ever gave. If you can't see how people would mock that, then you're dense. It's as simple as that. And you still haven't addressed my other point. There have been plenty of other threads on this forum dedicated to mocking Republicans. Two that happened fairly recently (one was that whole Republican gets a Democrat confused with a foreigner thing). I never heard a peep from you regarding those threads. So why the sudden interest in this one? Why can't we have a laugh at Pelosi's funny mistake?

2. You certainly came off as if you were angry. You seem to be fairly ravenous in defending Pelosi in this instance. I'm somewhat maybe not really sorry that I got your emotions mixed up. It's a rather moot point, and I honestly don't care if you don't take me seriously. I do take offense at insults, though.

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:23 pm

Kelmet wrote:
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

Inadvertently showing how serious I take the US congress, and mass media

And punctuation.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:23 pm

Kelmet wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

I would never defend a news corporation. Just saying how popular of a target they are.

The like the attention as it suits the following.

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:24 pm

Kelmet wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

That might have something to do with their going to court tl defend their "right" to lie...
Married to Koshka

Viritica
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Viritica » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:24 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Viritica wrote:Lying, criticism, whatever. I'm not here to debate the merits of what he said. She chased him around the House floor, made Tweets to her cult of followers calling "insignificant", and accepted an apology that there's no proof he gave.

So? How is quickly walking across the room to his side equate to chasing?

Is there more video of him running around the room crying "she is after me!!!!!"

It's breaking House decorum and following him. It's not something really becoming of a Congresswoman.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General