NATION

PASSWORD

Pelosi loses it and chases Republican across house floor

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jun 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:55 pm

Viritica wrote:
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
A response to what? An inaccurate and irrelevant comment regarding both my mood and my motivations for this supposed mood? What response would have been more appropriate than dismissal?

It seems to be fairly accurate. Accusing Marino of lying isn't much of a defense for Pelosi's actions. Unless you're a kindergartner and you go and hit someone and then defend yourself by saying "HE LIED TO MEEEEE!!!!"

And to top it all off you were blatantly rude to me for... Whatever odd reasons. You, of all people, who bitches at others for being impolite.

Oh, so now we're back to the subject, and not odd accusations that I'm angry because Pelosi's being mocked? Good to know.

I don't think that Pelosi needs a defense for her actions. It was a mild break with decorum, and probably not worth the energy that it took for you to make a thread.

Where was I rude to you?

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:55 pm

Viritica wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:Yes there is. There is the fact that she accepted an apology. He's a proven liar, so there's literally no reason to believe him.
So it just goes back to either you believe him because he's a man, or because he's a Republican...
In your case, I'm leaning towards "he's a Republican" as the more likely reason.

You... Basically just ignored literally everything else I said.

For good reason. Your supposed reasons make no sense.
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent...
Freedom from religion is an integral part of Freedom of religion
Married to Koshka
USMC veteran MOS 0331/8152
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Ifreann: Odds are you're secretly a zebra with a very special keyboard.
Ostro: I think women need to be trained
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

Viritica
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Viritica » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:56 pm

Dyakovo wrote:
Viritica wrote:It seems to be fairly accurate. Accusing Marino of lying isn't much of a defense for Pelosi's actions. Unless you're a kindergartner and you go and hit someone and then defend yourself by saying "HE LIED TO MEEEEE!!!!"

And to top it all off you were blatantly rude to me for... Whatever odd reasons. You, of all people, who bitches at others for being impolite.

She didn't "go to hit him".
She berated him for being what he is, a lying sack of shit.

:eyebrow:

I never said she went to hit him.

Also, I feel like she would have made the situation worse for herself if she went and called him a "lying sack of shit".
Empire of Viritica (PMT) · Factbook (Incomplete)
Hamas started this after all
NSG's Resident KKKoch Rethuglican Shill
Watch Mark Levin shred Jon Stewart
The Jewish Reich is upon us

Conservative Atheist, Pro-Choice, Pro-LGBT rights, Pro-Israel, Zionist, Anti-UN

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jun 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:58 pm

Viritica wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:...

Also, I feel like she would have made the situation worse for herself if she went and called him a "lying sack of shit".

And yet she still would have been 100% accurate.

Viritica
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Viritica » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:59 pm

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
Viritica wrote:It seems to be fairly accurate. Accusing Marino of lying isn't much of a defense for Pelosi's actions. Unless you're a kindergartner and you go and hit someone and then defend yourself by saying "HE LIED TO MEEEEE!!!!"

Oh, so now we're back to the subject, and not odd accusations that I'm angry because Pelosi's being mocked? Good to know.

I don't think that Pelosi needs a defense for her actions. It was a mild break with decorum, and probably not worth the energy that it took for you to make a thread.

Where was I rude to you?

You certainly seemed to be angry since you're talking a whole holier than thou attitude and said "Pfft, there doesn't need to be a thread for this."

I made this thread for one reason: to have a good ole time and and laugh at Pelosi for acting like a crazy old senile bat. I mean, I've seen other people make threads dedicated to mocking Republicans for making mistakes and I never heard a peep from you regarding them. Why the sudden disgust for this thread? What's so bad about laughing at her silly mistake?

And you were rude to me with the whole "I don't even take you seriously bro" thing. And if you can't understand how someone would take offense at that then you truly are dense.

Viritica
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Viritica » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:00 pm

Dyakovo wrote:
Viritica wrote:You... Basically just ignored literally everything else I said.

For good reason. Your supposed reasons make no sense.

But they do.

Viritica
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Viritica » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:00 pm

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
Viritica wrote: :eyebrow:

Which ain't much of a defense at all. So it's a moot point, really.

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:00 pm

Viritica wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:...

Take a look at the comparison you made. Then refer back to my comment earlier in the thread about being honest in your criticism.
And in any case, no-one is defending her actions anyway. Literally everyone who has been defending her has acknowledged that she acted inappropriately.
Married to Koshka
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

Viritica
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Viritica » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:01 pm

Dyakovo wrote:

Take a look at the comparison you made. Then refer back to my comment earlier in the thread about being honest in your criticism.
And in any case, no-one is defending her actions anyway. Literally everyone who has been defending her has acknowledged that she acted inappropriately.

And yet you still can't seem to understand how her actions are utterly childish.

The balkens
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The balkens » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:01 pm

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

Imagine how fox news would react.

Would've been fucking hilarious.

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:02 pm

If they're gonna do it, at least make it like the Taiwanese Parliament, ffs.
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kelmet » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:05 pm

I like how you guys took it from an opinion on what she did to

Oh, Fox new's and the evil republicans
Call me Kel
Captain US Army Intelligence

Co-OP and OP Experience

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:07 pm

Viritica wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:Take a look at the comparison you made. Then refer back to my comment earlier in the thread about being honest in your criticism.

And yet you still can't seem to understand how her actions are utterly childish.

Because they aren't. Inappropriate? Yes. Childish? No. Nothing she did was childish.
What you don't seem to get is "inappropriate for a elected representative"=/="childish".
Married to Koshka

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Postby Kelmet » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:08 pm

Dyakovo wrote:
Viritica wrote:And yet you still can't seem to understand how her actions are utterly childish.

Because they aren't. Inappropriate? Yes. Childish? No. Nothing she did was childish.
What you don't seem to get is "inappropriate for a elected representative"=/="childish".

Well chancing someone down across the room just to tell them they are wrong in that manner is childish.
Call me Kel

Co-OP and OP Experience

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:08 pm

Kelmet wrote:I like how you guys took it from an opinion on what she did to

No-one did anything of the sort.
Married to Koshka

Viritica
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Viritica » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:08 pm

Dyakovo wrote:
Viritica wrote:And yet you still can't seem to understand how her actions are utterly childish.

It seems pretty childish. She went into a massive hissy fit over people criticizing her.

Politicians get criticized by everyone and everything. If you can't handle it you shouldn't be a politician.

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Postby Kelmet » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:10 pm

Dyakovo wrote:
Kelmet wrote:I like how you guys took it from an opinion on what she did to

No-one did anything of the sort.

And

Last edited by Kelmet on Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Kel

Co-OP and OP Experience

The Neo-Confederate States of America
Attaché

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Neo-Confederate States of America » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:10 pm

Viritica wrote:No, really.
On Sunday morning, Rep. Tom Marino, (R-PA), posted a YouTube video of his interview on Fox News' "Fox and Friends," during which he described how former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi accosted him on the House floor Friday, saying she called him “a liar, a liar” and twice dubbed him as “insignificant.”

“In an unusual breach of decorum, even for the divided Congress,” John Parkinson and Chris Good reported for ABC News Friday, “House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi chased Rep. Tom Marino across the House floor, taking offense at comments by the Pennsylvania Republican during debate on the border funding bill Friday night.”

As Fox News reported Sept. 9, 2009, House Democrats demanded that Tom Wilson, (R-SC), "apologize or face censure" after he shouted "you lie" during President Barack Obama's speech to a joint session of Congress in the House chamber.

“You know something that I find quite interesting about the other side?” the Pennsylvania Republican congressman asked as he concluded his comments on the border supplemental. “Under the leadership of the former Speaker [Pelosi], and under the leadership of their former leader [Rep. Steny Hoyer], when in 2009 and 2010, they had the House, the Senate and the White House, and they knew this problem existed.”

“They didn’t have the strength to go after it back then," Marino added. "But now are trying to make a political issue out of it now.”

“Off-mic,” Parkinson and Good described how Pelosi “then approached Marino, crossing the aisle in view of cameras, and apparently challenged Marino’s assertion that Democrats did not do anything about the issue when they had majority control.”

“Yes it is true,” Marino told Pelosi. “I did the research on it. You might want to try it. You might want to try it, Madam Leader. Do the research on it. Do the research. I did it. That’s one thing that you don’t do.”

"Apparently," Marino surmised of Pelosi's response to his comments, "I hit the right nerve.”

“After Marino concluded his remarks, and as many Republicans applauded their colleague,” Parkinson and Good described how “Pelosi crossed the chamber again in view of cameras, enraged, pointing and sticking her finger at Marino.”

She then chased Marino up a Republican aisle, "gesturing and arguing with him," relenting only "after Republicans tried to get between Pelosi and Marino.

After Pelosi returned to the Democratic side of the chamber, the House "promptly voted to approve the $694 million border supplemental, 223-189."

“According to Pelosi spokeswoman Evangeline George,” Parkinson and Good added in an update, “Leader Pelosi just wanted to remind the Congressman that House Democrats had the courage to pass the DREAM Act – and have the courage to stand up for what the American people want: bipartisan, comprehensive immigration reform.”

However, at the time House Democrats passed the DREAM Act, it was not "what the American people wanted."

As Politico reported Nov. 10, 2010, Pelosi ignored the “risk” of “appearing out of sync with voters -- "who sent a message during the midterm election that they want lawmakers to focus on job creation” and pushed for a vote on the DREAM Act “during the lame-duck session.”

A November 22, 2010 poll conducted by Pulse Opinion Research on behalf of the Federation for American Immigration Reform showed that – while 54 percent of voters opposed the DREAM Act – 59 percent opposed using a lame duck Congress to pass it, saying they should focus on economic issues rather than social policies.

Still, in a Dec. 8, 2010 post on her Democratic Leader website, Pelosi touted the passage of the DREAM Act by the Democrat-controlled House by a vote of 216 to 198.

As Deseret News reported Dec. 18, 2010, the Dream Act was defeated in the Democrat-controlled Senate by a vote of 55-41, falling five votes short of the 60 needed to break through “largely GOP opposition and win its enactment” before Republicans would take over the House and narrow the Democrat’s majority in the Senate the following month.

A March 16-20 Siena College poll showed that 56 percent of voters in New York opposed a state version of the DREAM Act, which failed in the New York Senate.

On Nov. 28, 2011, The Daily Caller reported that a poll conducted by the University of Southern California’s Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences and the Los Angeles Times showed that 55 percent of registered voters in California -- Pelosi's home state -- opposed the state’s DREAM Act, which was signed into law" the previous month.

Following Friday’s vote, Pelosi tweeted that the House GOP “has reached a new low with votes to deport DREAMers and unaccompanied children escaping violence” and called the vote “unconscionable.”

The “bill-says u aren't welcome,” Pelosi said in a tweet directed at “DREAMers,” adding that “this is a call 2 action” to “hold them accountable.”

“It's time to stop catering to most radical voices of the GOP & address #BorderCrisis in thoughtful & compassionate manner,” Pelosi added in a tweet directed at Republican House Speaker John Boehner.

However, as CNN reported Thursday, “the current crisis on the nation's southern border appears to be fueling a notable shift in American attitudes toward immigration policy with border security growing in importance.”

While 54 percent of Americans supported the idea of legal status for illegal immigrants in February, and only 41 percent preferred tighter border security, Thursday’s CNN/ORC International poll showed that 51 percent of Americans now prefer tighter border security and only 45 percent favor providing illegal immigrants with legal status.

The Washington Examiner reported Monday, a July 19-21 YouGov poll showed that “a huge majority of Americans, 81 percent, believe the new immigration crisis of unaccompanied children streaming over the U.S.-Mexico border is serious, and almost as many want them gone.”

Parkinson and Good also noted in the updated ABC News report that Pelosi’s spokeswoman said the angered former House Speaker had “accepted” Marino’s “apology.” However, Marino’s chief of staff, Bill Tighe, insisted in an email that Marino “did not apologize to Leader Pelosi and does not intend to do so as he has nothing to apologize for.”

“She was entirely out of line in approaching him while he was recognized and delivering remarks on the Floor,” Tighe wrote. “Her staff’s comment in your story about her accepting his apology in simply not true.”

So yeah, in an unusual breach of House decorum Nancy Pelosi went ballistic and chased Republican Tom Marino across the House floor aiming her skeletal finger at him after he got done blasting her and her party over their piss poor handling of the border crisis. Even more interesting, she twice dubbed him "insignificant" and apparently accepted an apology that he never gave her. Apparently Marino really did hit the right nerve.

IMO, Pelosi's losing it and can't seem to handle any harsh criticism leveled against her. Maybe she's just going senile? Who can say.

Thoughts, oh ye of NSG?

If this is the case, (which it is) I think I should start watching C-SPAN more often.
♚ Proud Member of The Partido Tradicionalista!♚
El Partido Tradicionalista!
American, Christian, 15, Heterosexual, Proud Rightist
Senator Anton Vrijstaat in NSGS.
ن In Solidarity with Middle Eastern Christians ن
Neo-Conservative: 11% Nationalistic, 47% Fundamentalist, 27% Reactionary, 10% Authoritarian, 60% Capitalist, 56% Militaristic, 62% Anthropocentric
Economic Left/Right: 7.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.54

_[' ]_
(-_Q)
︻╦╤─── Put this in your sig
[█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃▃▃▃ if you're a
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ Capitalist/Conservative/Libertarian
I█████████████████]
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤

R.I.P Nevanmaa.
Founded, Fri Jun 29 2012 - Unjustly deleted, Sun Apr 6 2014

R.I.P Viritica.
Founded, Fri Nov 25 2011 - Unjustly deleted, Wed Aug 6 2014

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:11 pm

Kelmet wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:Because they aren't. Inappropriate? Yes. Childish? No. Nothing she did was childish.

Well chancing chasing someone down across the room just to tell them they are wrong in that manner is childish.

And again, describing what she did as "chasing him across the room" is at best a stretch.
Married to Koshka

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Postby Kelmet » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:12 pm

Dyakovo wrote:
Kelmet wrote:Well chancing chasing someone down across the room just to tell them they are wrong in that manner is childish.

And again, describing what she did as "chasing him across the room" is at best a stretch.

She did appear to be in a bit of a hurry.
Call me Kel

Co-OP and OP Experience

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:12 pm

Viritica - and anyone else getting caught up in things here: Attack the argument, not the poster. And kindly refrain from 'nuh uh, you' and 'this one time you hurt my feels so I'ma hurt yours' and other such back and forth snarkery. If you can't debate with some measure of civility, this may not be the place for you.

Kinda like you just said with the politicians. Amazing how that works.

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:13 pm

Viritica wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:Because they aren't. Inappropriate? Yes. Childish? No. Nothing she did was childish.

It seems pretty childish. She went into a massive hissy fit over people criticizing her.

Politicians get criticized by everyone and everything. If you can't handle it you shouldn't be a politician.

She didn't "go in a hissy fit", nor was her reaction due to someone criticizing her.
Her reaction was due to him lying tl the American people on the House floor.
Married to Koshka

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Postby Kelmet » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:14 pm

Dyakovo wrote:
Viritica wrote:It seems pretty childish. She went into a massive hissy fit over people criticizing her.

She didn't "go in a hissy fit", nor was her reaction due to someone criticizing her.
Her reaction was due to him lying tl the American people on the House floor.

Why would she get that mad over something that happens every day unless it was directed at her?
Call me Kel

Co-OP and OP Experience

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:14 pm

Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:Viritica - and anyone else getting caught up in things here: Attack the argument, not the poster. And kindly refrain from 'nuh uh, you' and 'this one time you hurt my feels so I'ma hurt yours' and other such back and forth snarkery. If you can't debate with some measure of civility, this may not be the place for you.

Kinda like you just said with the politicians. Amazing how that works.

Seems very odd that you addressed that primarily towards Viriticia.
Insert trite farewell here

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:14 pm

Kelmet wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:No-one did anything of the sort.

And

As I said. Your reading comprehension issues aside, no-one did anything of the sort.
Married to Koshka

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General