NATION

PASSWORD

Pelosi loses it and chases Republican across house floor

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:38 pm

Geilinor wrote:
Viritica wrote:No, and no (is this whole "because she's a woman" thing some sort of default setting for you people).

It's a default setting because of terms like "wicked witch of the West".

Which, last I checked, is not something spouted by the majority of Conservatives, let alone the Conservative posters here.
Insert trite farewell here

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Rich Port » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:38 pm

Scomagia wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:
Again, if you think this is bad, you ain't seen nothin'.

Besides, I rather prefer a rowdy Congress. Keeps 'em on their toes.

Oh, I know it gets much worse in other places.

I don't. I prefer a Congress made up of mature adults. I've yet to see one, though.

Exactly. They're just whiny pissants already. Making Congress gritty and, I dunno... Revolutionary, maybe, would maybe change something.

This false politeness they've got going is just sickeningly obnoxious and un-American.
Last edited by The Rich Port on Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Viritica
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Viritica » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:39 pm

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
Viritica wrote:No. But chasing that man across the House floor, calling him "insignificant" multiple times, and accepting an apology he never gave is.

Considering that he lied so blatantly about the Democrats' record on border security, why are you giving him the benefit of the doubt when he says that he didn't apologize?

Because there's no evidence he did? Because he certainly doesn't seem like the type to? Because he's gotten no bad publicity from this? Because Pelosi went into a childish rant trying to prove how superior she apparently is?
Empire of Viritica (PMT) · Factbook (Incomplete)
Hamas started this after all
NSG's Resident KKKoch Rethuglican Shill
Watch Mark Levin shred Jon Stewart
The Jewish Reich is upon us

Conservative Atheist, Pro-Choice, Pro-LGBT rights, Pro-Israel, Zionist, Anti-UN

Viritica
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Viritica » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:39 pm

Geilinor wrote:
Viritica wrote:No, and no (is this whole "because she's a woman" thing some sort of default setting for you people).

It's a default setting because of terms like "wicked witch of the West".

That's a name I've not once called her.

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jun 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:40 pm

Viritica wrote:
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
In order to get pissed at you, Viritica, I would have to start by taking you seriously. You have no reason to be concerned over that possibility in the foreseeable future.

Geez, Yumyum, that hits me right in my feels. I might have to cry for a few days.

No, not really. But if you don't have a real response then please don't respond at all.

A response to what? An inaccurate and irrelevant comment regarding both my mood and my motivations for this supposed mood? What response would have been more appropriate than dismissal?

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:40 pm

The Rich Port wrote:
Scomagia wrote:Oh, I know it gets much worse in other places.

I don't. I prefer a Congress made up of mature adults. I've yet to see one, though.

Exactly. They're just whiny pissants already. Making Congress gritty and, I dunno... Revolutionary, maybe, would maybe change something.

This false politeness they've got going is just sickeningly obnoxious and un-American.

Hell, maybe you're right and a good battle royale is what they need.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:41 pm

Scomagia wrote:
Geilinor wrote:It's a default setting because of terms like "wicked witch of the West".

Which, last I checked, is not something spouted by the majority of Conservatives, let alone the Conservative posters here.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... losi-wick/
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:42 pm

Viritica wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:Why?
It can't be because of a record of honesty, because he certainly lacks that.
Is it because he's a man? A Republican?

No, and no (is this whole "because she's a woman" thing some sort of default setting for you people).

I'm more inclined to believe him because there's no evidence an apology was made. He certainly doesn't seem like the type to apologize, and Pelosi already went into a childish rant trying to prove how superior she apparently is,

Yes there is. There is the fact that she accepted an apology. He's a proven liar, so there's literally no reason to believe him.
So it just goes back to either you believe him because he's a man, or because he's a Republican...
In your case, I'm leaning towards "he's a Republican" as the more likely reason.
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent...
Freedom from religion is an integral part of Freedom of religion
Married to Koshka
USMC veteran MOS 0331/8152
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Ifreann: Odds are you're secretly a zebra with a very special keyboard.
Ostro: I think women need to be trained
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:42 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Scomagia wrote:Which, last I checked, is not something spouted by the majority of Conservatives, let alone the Conservative posters here.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... losi-wick/

And that's the majority of Conservatives and Conservative posters here.....how?

Dragonia Re Xzua
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dragonia Re Xzua » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:42 pm

A politician speaking ill of others is not surprising. What was surprising was that there was an actual reaction this time, Pelosi running around the House floor trying to poke Marino's eyes out with her toothpick fingers. :blink:

Also, Geilinor, I believe the saying is "the wicked bitch of the West."
Humans are monsters, we will never change, we will always want to claw out the throats of those with a difference in opinion, we will never be in an age of peace because of our lust for war, poverty will continue to exist as long as monetary needs exist. We rape, enslave, and conquer with no regards to others. We live by the sword, and we will, justifiably, die by the sword.

Hope is for unrealistic idealists. Pessimism is your friend.

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:42 pm

Viritica wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:Why?
It can't be because of a record of honesty, because he certainly lacks that.
Is it because he's a man? A Republican?

No, and no (is this whole "because she's a woman" thing some sort of default setting for you people).

I'm more inclined to believe him because there's no evidence an apology was made. He certainly doesn't seem like the type to apologize, and Pelosi already went into a childish rant trying to prove how superior she apparently is,

What evidence would you accept? At this point it's a he said-she said, and he has a more recent record of blatantly lying in order to advance a political agenda and demean the opposition.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:43 pm

Scomagia wrote:

And that's the majority of Conservatives and Conservative posters here.....how?

*shrugs* Where did you get your data about the majority of conservatives in general?
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:43 pm

Viritica wrote:
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
No, I don't think so, but I think that when you send a bunch of potential combat troops to an area, that's what you want people to think.

We already have a bunch of men with guns guarding the border. What's your point?

That a buildup of military style forces is meant to make potential illegal immigrants think that they're going to be shot.

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Rich Port » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:44 pm

Dyakovo wrote:

Yes there is. There is the fact that she accepted an apology. He's a proven liar, so there's literally no reason to believe him.
So it just goes back to either you believe him because he's a man, or because he's a Republican...
In your case, I'm leaning towards "he's a Republican" as the more likely reason.

I seriously doubt the former is not so below Viritica's intellectual standards...
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:44 pm

Viritica wrote:
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
No, I don't think so, but I think that when you send a bunch of potential combat troops to an area, that's what you want people to think.

We already have a bunch of men with guns guarding the border. What's your point?

You do realize there's a difference between being trained as law enforcement and being trained as a soldier, yes?
Married to Koshka
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:45 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Scomagia wrote:And that's the majority of Conservatives and Conservative posters here.....how?

*shrugs* Where did you get your data about the majority of conservatives in general?

Something makes me doubt that it's especially common among conservatives. Maybe because it's only been a small portion of the conservative body that has referred to her like that.

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:46 pm

Viritica wrote:
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
Considering that he lied so blatantly about the Democrats' record on border security, why are you giving him the benefit of the doubt when he says that he didn't apologize?

Because there's no evidence he did? Because he certainly doesn't seem like the type to? Because he's gotten no bad publicity from this? Because Pelosi went into a childish rant trying to prove how superior she apparently is?

There's no evidence that he blatantly lied about the Democrats? That's what Pelosi was confronting him on, and she was right on matters of fact even if you find her manner of approaching him to be laughable. He lies. He had just lied. He had just lied in order to make the other side look bad, and to score cheap points.

There's also no evidence that he didn't apologize, so it comes down to who you trust more, and I'm going to go with the person who didn't just lie directly to the American people on the House floor.

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:46 pm

Dyakovo wrote:
Viritica wrote:We already have a bunch of men with guns guarding the border. What's your point?

You do realize there's a difference between being trained as law enforcement and being trained as a soldier, yes?

The soldier is less likely to kill you for no reason?

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:47 pm

Dyakovo wrote:

I'm leaning more towards "Because she's a Democrat".

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:47 pm

Scomagia wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:You do realize there's a difference between being trained as law enforcement and being trained as a soldier, yes?

The soldier is less likely to kill you for no reason?

Not when put into a role he hasn't been trained for.
Married to Koshka

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:48 pm

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:Yes there is. There is the fact that she accepted an apology. He's a proven liar, so there's literally no reason to believe him.

I'm leaning more towards "Because she's a Democrat".

Eh... Amounts to the same thing, really.
Married to Koshka

Viritica
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Viritica » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:49 pm

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
Viritica wrote:Geez, Yumyum, that hits me right in my feels. I might have to cry for a few days.

No, not really. But if you don't have a real response then please don't respond at all.

A response to what? An inaccurate and irrelevant comment regarding both my mood and my motivations for this supposed mood? What response would have been more appropriate than dismissal?

It seems to be fairly accurate. Accusing Marino of lying isn't much of a defense for Pelosi's actions. Unless you're a kindergartner and you go and hit someone and then defend yourself by saying "HE LIED TO MEEEEE!!!!"

And to top it all off you were blatantly rude to me for... Whatever odd reasons. You, of all people, who bitches at others for being impolite.

Viritica
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Viritica » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:49 pm

Dyakovo wrote:

You... Basically just ignored literally everything else I said.

Tuva SSR
Minister

Founded: Nov 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Tuva SSR » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:49 pm

I'm imagining a cartoon:
Pelosi chases the Republican,floor board in hand,all around the House.

Welcome to Deadliest Warrior Season 4! Battles in DC!
Mallorea and Riva should resign
Vajrayana Buddhist and proud.
My Steam name is Mustache Cash Stash.
I support thermonuclear warfare. Do you?
RIP Leningrad Union,unjustly deleted on February 17,2014
I have survived 1 embargo,one WA condemnation proposal,and dozens of Wars,and always come out unscathed.You just can't defeat me.
5,Complete Peace
4,Peace
3,Struggling Relations
2,War
1,Total War
Current DEFCON-2
Fourth Gilnean-Lithuanian War

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:54 pm

Viritica wrote:
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

It seems to be fairly accurate. Accusing Marino of lying isn't much of a defense for Pelosi's actions. Unless you're a kindergartner and you go and hit someone and then defend yourself by saying "HE LIED TO MEEEEE!!!!"

And to top it all off you were blatantly rude to me for... Whatever odd reasons. You, of all people, who bitches at others for being impolite.

She didn't "go to hit him".
She berated him for being what he is, a lying sack of shit.
Married to Koshka

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General