NATION

PASSWORD

Dogs should be Banned

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Liberated Counties
Senator

Founded: Oct 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Liberated Counties » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:27 am

Limborg wrote:
Liberated Counties wrote:
My German Shepard bit me once, granted 5-year old me tried to pull his ear off, so it was pretty justified on the dogs part.

Did he/she bit you or just snapped at you?

Alot of people don't see the difference between a bite out of fear/pain ect. and a real bite. There is however a clear difference between the two.

It was more of a "Gtfo" bite which left marks on my forearm. I don't really remember what happened after, it was so long ago. According to my parents he was all apologetic for like two weeks after, though. :p
I am a Liberal Capitalist living in the UK.

IIwiki Page | NStracker Page | Factbook

Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!

Limborg
Senator

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Limborg » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:37 am

Liberated Counties wrote:
Limborg wrote:
Did he/she bit you or just snapped at you?

Alot of people don't see the difference between a bite out of fear/pain ect. and a real bite. There is however a clear difference between the two.

It was more of a "Gtfo" bite which left marks on my forearm. I don't really remember what happened after, it was so long ago. According to my parents he was all apologetic for like two weeks after, though. :p

he most likely just snapped at you ;) if he would really bite you you would have more damage. Its pretty easy to get to know it though. A dog snaps at you if he (like you said) wants you to back off. A dog rarely bites, even an unplanned "dogfight" is nothing more then two dogs snapping at eachother to see who's more dominant. If a dog really bites, a person would stand little chance. Its also easy to know when a dog is out to kill or not for example, if a dog is really out to kill something or someone it won't make much noise, so aslong as a dog barks and all, you know its not life threatening. The story of the OP seems like just a guard dog that got out of his cage or so.. Running from a guard dog is a pretty stupid thing to do. Anyhow, the dog is never to be blamed, its either yourself or the owner of the dog.
Last edited by Limborg on Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Destiny Island
Minister

Founded: Feb 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Destiny Island » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:40 am

God this thread should not be still here. This was pretty terrific bait, even if IM didn't intend it that way.
The game.
Kirby Delauter.

The rhomaio
Spokesperson

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Toasters should be banned

Postby The rhomaio » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:53 am

Yesterday, while I was taking a walk in the kitchen, a vicious grey toaster suddenly launched toast in my direction. Within seconds it was falling down towards me and I was running for my life. I never knew I could run that fast but I managed to emerge from the incident, unscathed. This isn't the first time this sort of thing has happened to me; in fact as a little kid, toasters have attacked me on many occasions throughout various cities around the world. I also cannot stand the sight of burnt bread on plates.

I have come to the conclusion that toasters should be banned. And its not just because I personally don't like them. Here are some reasons why it would benefit public policy to outlaw them

1. They are dangerous

Toasters are very dangerous because they can burn people. Owners can try to control their Toasters but the fact of the matter is, they can't always keep everything under control; accidents will happen. Toasters are a safety hazard, not just to the people who buy them but also to everyone else. When guests come to a house with toasters their lives may be in danger; when toasters are turned on for toasting, pedestrians are in danger. Its not right that someone can buy a toaster and then endanger other people.

The power of toaster burns must not be underestimated. Some toasters have so much power that they can burn human fingers off; they are a carnivorous appliance after all. I've heard some horror stories about toasters going crazy and maiming people. If a toaster attacks you and burns you and then you get infected by disease, you could die if not treated. Sure, toaster owners are liable and you can go after them for what their toasters do. But the system is imperfect (you need to prove stuff, how crazy is that?). Also, if a toaster attacks you and you lose your fingers or a hand... do you REALLY think an owner can adequately compensate you for your loss with money (your body parts are priceless)? If toasters did not exist, the danger would not be there.

2. The burnt Bread

People have a right to see un-toasted bread without having to worry about seeing unsightly burnt toast. People should not have to contend with these sights.I suppose if you accidentally saw burnt toast, you could go after the owner and try to sue him but there are obviously problems with this (1. the courts aren't likely to award you sufficient damages 2. you don't know who the owner is, you just know that you've just seen some seriouslly burnt toast). If toasters were not around in society, there would be no burnt toast. I think we could adopt an approach similar to North Korea, where they have a no tolerance policy towards anything that offends one person, (Sure, he's a semi-insane dictator, but what's wrong with me getting the reigns?)

___

So NSG, what do you think?

Is it time to outlaw toast? Make our kitchens safe from unsightly toast and random toaster attacks?
Byzantine Nations! Come to your true home, Basileia ton Rhomaion! at Basileia ton Rhomaion
Whoever would lead someone to faith needs the ability to speak well and to reason properly, without violence and threats… To convince a reasonable soul, one does not need a strong arm, or weapons of any kind, or any other means of threatening a person with death." Manuel II
Sun Wukong wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:Dogs are not NECESSARY for a society to function. We can easily envision a society without them that is safer and still livable.

Careful now. You just inadvertently argued for your own execution.

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:54 am

Destiny Island wrote:God this thread should not be still here. This was pretty terrific bait, even if IM didn't intend it that way.

Working as intended, I assure you.
CVT Temp wrote:I mean, we can actually create a mathematical definition for evolution in terms of the evolutionary algorithm and then write code to deal with abstract instances of evolution, which basically equates to mathematical proof that evolution works. All that remains is to show that biological systems replicate in such a way as to satisfy the minimal criteria required for evolution to apply to them, something which has already been adequately shown time and again. At this point, we've pretty much proven that not only can evolution happen, it pretty much must happen since it's basically impossible to prevent it from happening.

Limborg
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Limborg » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:56 am

The rhomaio wrote:Yesterday, while I was taking a walk in the kitchen, a vicious grey toaster suddenly launched toast in my direction. Within seconds it was falling down towards me and I was running for my life. I never knew I could run that fast but I managed to emerge from the incident, unscathed. This isn't the first time this sort of thing has happened to me; in fact as a little kid, toasters have attacked me on many occasions throughout various cities around the world. I also cannot stand the sight of burnt bread on plates.

I have come to the conclusion that toasters should be banned. And its not just because I personally don't like them. Here are some reasons why it would benefit public policy to outlaw them

1. They are dangerous

Toasters are very dangerous because they can burn people. Owners can try to control their Toasters but the fact of the matter is, they can't always keep everything under control; accidents will happen. Toasters are a safety hazard, not just to the people who buy them but also to everyone else. When guests come to a house with toasters their lives may be in danger; when toasters are turned on for toasting, pedestrians are in danger. Its not right that someone can buy a toaster and then endanger other people.

The power of toaster burns must not be underestimated. Some toasters have so much power that they can burn human fingers off; they are a carnivorous appliance after all. I've heard some horror stories about toasters going crazy and maiming people. If a toaster attacks you and burns you and then you get infected by disease, you could die if not treated. Sure, toaster owners are liable and you can go after them for what their toasters do. But the system is imperfect (you need to prove stuff, how crazy is that?). Also, if a toaster attacks you and you lose your fingers or a hand... do you REALLY think an owner can adequately compensate you for your loss with money (your body parts are priceless)? If toasters did not exist, the danger would not be there.

2. The burnt Bread

People have a right to see un-toasted bread without having to worry about seeing unsightly burnt toast. People should not have to contend with these sights.I suppose if you accidentally saw burnt toast, you could go after the owner and try to sue him but there are obviously problems with this (1. the courts aren't likely to award you sufficient damages 2. you don't know who the owner is, you just know that you've just seen some seriouslly burnt toast). If toasters were not around in society, there would be no burnt toast. I think we could adopt an approach similar to North Korea, where they have a no tolerance policy towards anything that offends one person, (Sure, he's a semi-insane dictator, but what's wrong with me getting the reigns?)

___

Is it time to outlaw toast? Make our kitchens safe from unsightly toast and random toaster attacks?

:rofl:

Destiny Island
Minister

Founded: Feb 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Destiny Island » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:05 am

The rhomaio wrote:Yesterday, while I was taking a walk in the kitchen, a vicious grey toaster suddenly launched toast in my direction. Within seconds it was falling down towards me and I was running for my life. I never knew I could run that fast but I managed to emerge from the incident, unscathed. This isn't the first time this sort of thing has happened to me; in fact as a little kid, toasters have attacked me on many occasions throughout various cities around the world. I also cannot stand the sight of burnt bread on plates.

1. They are dangerous

2. The burnt Bread

___

The game.
Kirby Delauter.

Lightwood (Ancient)
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lightwood (Ancient) » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:05 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:by the way...

I suppose most of the people who oppose this have never been bitten by a dog? It might affect your opinion on this issue I suppose.

Um no. we have. but either the dog didn't mean to (in my case) or the person did something wrong. also a possibility is that the dog is abused or was raised wrong, and did the same thing humans do, which is lash out.

Miley World
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Miley World » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:07 am

The Rad and Dog Lover Queendom of Miley World thinks the creator of this topic should be banned. There's no animal cuter and more human friendly than dogs! Honestly I'm sorry for you that you got attacked by a dog, and I was myself kinda attacked once, I was walking in the streets and a dog was barking after me and I was scared, luckily his owner called him back. But it's not a reason to ban ALL dogs, they're the most human friendly animal and they loves you (the owner) no matter what. Miley Cyrus currently has 4 dogs and she owned many other dogs in the past and I've never heard any of her dogs attacking a human. The only bad thing that happened is Ziggy attacked Lila. Lila died and Miley got rid of Ziggy. Miley seem to train her dogs very well, she owns a pitbull and Mary Jane (the pitbull) never attacked anyone as far as I know. I think you should blame dog owners more than the dog himself or herself.
Miley World embassy program: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=302332
Miley World domestic sports leagues: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=139410
football (soccer): unranked
american football: unranked
hockey: unranked
baseball: unranked

Miley World's official twitter: @MileyWorld_NS follow us!

Limborg
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Limborg » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:10 am

Miley World wrote:The Rad and Dog Lover Queendom of Miley World thinks the creator of this topic should be banned. There's no animal cuter and more human friendly than dogs! Honestly I'm sorry for you that you got attacked by a dog, and I was myself kinda attacked once, I was walking in the streets and a dog was barking after me and I was scared, luckily his owner called him back. But it's not a reason to ban ALL dogs, they're the most human friendly animal and they loves you (the owner) no matter what. Miley Cyrus currently has 4 dogs and she owned many other dogs in the past and I've never heard any of her dogs attacking a human. The only bad thing that happened is Ziggy attacked Lila. Lila died and Miley got rid of Ziggy. Miley seem to train her dogs very well, she owns a pitbull and Mary Jane (the pitbull) never attacked anyone as far as I know. I think you should blame dog owners more than the dog himself or herself.

Dogs don't love.

Cyrisnia
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Cyrisnia » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:11 am

1. They are dangerous

2. The burnt Bread

___

TAKE MY MONEY.
Last edited by Cyrisnia on Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
R E D L E G S

【BORN TO ABOLISH】
SOUTH IS A F**K
鬼神 Kill Em All 1859
I am free man
410,757,864,530 DEAD REBS

Lightwood (Ancient)
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lightwood (Ancient) » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:23 am

Limborg wrote:
Miley World wrote:The Rad and Dog Lover Queendom of Miley World thinks the creator of this topic should be banned. There's no animal cuter and more human friendly than dogs! Honestly I'm sorry for you that you got attacked by a dog, and I was myself kinda attacked once, I was walking in the streets and a dog was barking after me and I was scared, luckily his owner called him back. But it's not a reason to ban ALL dogs, they're the most human friendly animal and they loves you (the owner) no matter what. Miley Cyrus currently has 4 dogs and she owned many other dogs in the past and I've never heard any of her dogs attacking a human. The only bad thing that happened is Ziggy attacked Lila. Lila died and Miley got rid of Ziggy. Miley seem to train her dogs very well, she owns a pitbull and Mary Jane (the pitbull) never attacked anyone as far as I know. I think you should blame dog owners more than the dog himself or herself.

Dogs don't love.

clearly you have never owned an animal in your life, outside of maybe a fish

Limborg
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Limborg » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:31 am

Lightwood wrote:
Limborg wrote:
Dogs don't love.

clearly you have never owned an animal in your life, outside of maybe a fish

I own a dog, a cat, three bearded dragons, three fishes and i have owned many more animals before. The comment i made is just a fact; Dogs don't and can't love, saying that a dog can love you is just a false illusion made by people like you. A dog does what it has to do, that's not love, thats just instinct and dependence. Clearly you lack any knowledge on animals at all.
Last edited by Limborg on Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:33 am

While we're at it, let's ban babies. The things poop everywhere (they can't even be potty-trained like dogs) and agonize everyone in hearing range when they wail. If you must endure the stench and screaming of an unhappy infant, do you really think an owner can adequately compensate you for the lost time and comfort (both are priceless)? There should be a no-tolerance policy for babies wailing in public spaces! Ban babies from polluting public air with their stench and sound. Make the parks and planes safe from this scourge.

Harumph.

never mind that they play an important role in society, as do dogs
早晨!ToBu for short.
[violet] wrote:You are my go-to nation for long names.
Oct 16 2018- Indo States wrote:YOU'RE FALSE TOBU
Apr 21 2020- Llalta wrote:omg tobu you’ve literally given me asthma with ur art

Seno Zhou Varada
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Seno Zhou Varada » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:37 am

1. They are dangerous

2. The burnt Bread

___

Toasters... thinking they're all cool and stuff... make a sandwich with non-toasted bread instead!
Political Compass: Economic: -8.88 Social: -9.54
Libertarian Socialist with Anarcho-Communist Leanings
Still dirty commie, shower is currently being collectivised.

Flyover
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Flyover » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:38 am

One time, I saw a baby bite somebody, then it pooped and that was the worst.

Plz ban babies plz.

You can also substitute "baby" with:
Horses
Cats
Grown Ups
Bad OPs
Liberals
Lawyers
Glenn Beck
Max Berry
Snoop Dogg
My Neighbor
This Thread
Your Neighbors
You
Aliens
Madonna
Hobos
Cars
Ghosts
Gangsters
Police
Obama
ETCETC

We can all play the "Ban things I don't like for no good reason" game.
Last edited by Flyover on Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Capitalist, Male, Cosmopolitan, American, Human-Rights Advocate. NS' Most Complicated Poster

Impeach Stupid, Tax Memes, Legalize Putting Things in the Wrong Order.

Quotes of Note:
This isn't Burger King, you can't have it your way. -Torisakia

Greater Israelia
Envoy

Founded: Jul 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Israelia » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:41 am

Such bolonie. You must be kidding.
Standing on the truth of God's word and the gospel.
The United States is a Christian state.
Hayashi wrote:I want to see a candidate that will stand up and declare "I believe in the power of The Lord, Jesus Christ.
Romans 10:9 - If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Greater Israelia
Envoy

Founded: Jul 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Israelia » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:42 am

Limborg wrote:
Lightwood wrote:clearly you have never owned an animal in your life, outside of maybe a fish

I own a dog, a cat, three bearded dragons, three fishes and i have owned many more animals before. The comment i made is just a fact; Dogs don't and can't love, saying that a dog can love you is just a false illusion made by people like you. A dog does what it has to do, that's not love, thats just instinct and dependence. Clearly you lack any knowledge on animals at all.

I have a dog and a bearded dragon. I love bearded dragons! :D
Standing on the truth of God's word and the gospel.
The United States is a Christian state.
Hayashi wrote:I want to see a candidate that will stand up and declare "I believe in the power of The Lord, Jesus Christ.
Romans 10:9 - If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Seno Zhou Varada
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Seno Zhou Varada » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:44 am

:blink: is the world ending early? I swear the calendar said it would be next July. Oh well

(remember this is a joke)
Political Compass: Economic: -8.88 Social: -9.54
Libertarian Socialist with Anarcho-Communist Leanings
Still dirty commie, shower is currently being collectivised.

The Floating Island of the Sleeping God
Minister

Founded: Oct 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Floating Island of the Sleeping God » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:44 am

Greater Israelia wrote:
Limborg wrote:

I have a dog and a bearded dragon. I love bearded dragons! :D

But, apparently, they don't love you.
"When Fascism comes to America, it will come wrapped in the flag and bearing the cross."
-Sinclair Lewis, It Can't Happen Here
The Blaatschapen wrote:Just to note, liberals are not sheep. Sheep are liberals ;)

Catholic Priest of Lithianity

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:45 am

The raptors that eascaped jurassic park wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:Yesterday, while I was taking a walk by the harbor, a vicious white dog suddenly barked in my direction. Within seconds it was chasing me down the lenght of the harbor and I was running for my life. I never knew I could run that fast but I managed to emerge from the incident, unscathed. This isn't the first time this sort of thing has happened to me; in fact as a little kid dogs have attacked me on many occasions throughout various cities around the world. I also cannot stand the sight of dog droppings on the sidewalk.

I have come to the conclusion that dogs should be banned. And its not just because I personally don't like them. Here are some reasons why it would benefit public policy to outlaw them.

1. They are dangerous

Dogs are very dangerous because they can bite people. Owners can try to control their dogs but the fact of the matter is, they can't always keep everything under control; accidents will happen. Dogs are a safety hazard, not just to the people who buy them but also to everyone else. When guests come to a house with dogs their lives may be in danger; when dogs are taken out for walks, pedestrians are in danger. Its not right that someone can buy a dog and then endanger other people.

The power of dog bites must not be underestimated. Some dogs have so much power that they can bite human fingers off; they are a carnivorous species after all. I've heard some horror stories about dogs going crazy and maiming people. If a dog attacks you and bites you and then you get infected by disease, you could die if not treated. Sure, dog owners are liable and you can go after them for what their dogs do. But the system is imperfect (you need to prove stuff, courts are slow). Also, if a dog attacks you and you lose your fingers or a hand... do you REALLY think an owner can adequately compensate you for your loss with money (your body parts are priceless)? If dogs did not exist, the danger would not be there.

2. The Dog Droppings

People have a right to walk down sidewalks and throughout parks without having to worry about stepping on dog droppings. People should not have to contend with these sights. Yes in theory owners are supposed to clean up after their dogs but in my experience, too many owners don't and its costing the rest of us. I suppose if you accidentally step on dog droppings you could go after the owner and try to sue him but there are obviously problems with this (1. the courts aren't likely to award you sufficient damages 2. you don't know who the owner is, you just know that you've just stepped on some serious crap). If dogs were not around in society, there would be no dog droppings. I think we could adopt an approach similar to Singapore, where they have a no tolerance policy towards chewing gum on the floor in public areas with respect to the dog dropping problem.

___

Is it time to outlaw dogs? Make our streets safe from droppings and random dog attacks?

People Lille you are to be destroyed and your remains incenerated.
Seriously people as stupid and unimaginative as you should not exist!

And you should learn how to respond on these forums before you go popping off. *** Warned *** for the flaming.
Last edited by Dread Lady Nathicana on Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General