NATION

PASSWORD

Brown, Cameron, Clegg, Other?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Samurkhan
Diplomat
 
Posts: 697
Founded: Sep 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Samurkhan » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:22 pm

Fartsniffage wrote:
Samurkhan wrote:I'm from Stretford and Urmston. I will vote Labour.


I work near you.


Not Trafford Centre is it? That's all of Urmston it seems sometimes.

User avatar
Kobrania
Minister
 
Posts: 3446
Founded: May 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kobrania » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:22 pm

My 3rd Floor Flat wrote:*Sighs*

Britain won't be able to last through another term under labour, even though i'm an advocate of the Welfare state and so on I cannot vote Labour, it will be criminal.

A vote for the Liberal Democrats is a wasted vote.

The BNP is the only party addressing the issues which need to be addressed bu they're doing it wrong AND for the wrong reasons.

I'm going to have to vote Conservative; Britain needs to reign back it's bloated Labour induced public services, streamline then, sort out the economy, and reverse the politically correct nonsensical laws that have come to plague the nation.

But by god it's going to be a tough few years ahead of us.

What is wrong with political correctness? It stops you ffending people and being assaulted for offending people.
"Only when you acknowledge that your country has done evil and ignore it will you be a patriot." -TJ.

ZIONISM = JUSTIFYING GENOCIDE WITH GOD.

Kobrania, the anti-KMA.

User avatar
Fartsniffage
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 29941
Founded: Dec 19, 2005
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Fartsniffage » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:24 pm

Samurkhan wrote:Not Trafford Centre is it? That's all of Urmston it seems sometimes.


Nah, I work in Old Trafford. Not the football ground, the area.

User avatar
Samurkhan
Diplomat
 
Posts: 697
Founded: Sep 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Samurkhan » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:24 pm

Fartsniffage wrote:
Samurkhan wrote:Not Trafford Centre is it? That's all of Urmston it seems sometimes.


Nah, I work in Old Trafford. Not the football ground, the area.


You work so close to heaven then.

User avatar
Krytenia
Senator
 
Posts: 3558
Founded: Apr 22, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Krytenia » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:25 pm

Kobrania wrote:
My 3rd Floor Flat wrote:*Sighs*

Britain won't be able to last through another term under labour, even though i'm an advocate of the Welfare state and so on I cannot vote Labour, it will be criminal.

A vote for the Liberal Democrats is a wasted vote.

The BNP is the only party addressing the issues which need to be addressed bu they're doing it wrong AND for the wrong reasons.

I'm going to have to vote Conservative; Britain needs to reign back it's bloated Labour induced public services, streamline then, sort out the economy, and reverse the politically correct nonsensical laws that have come to plague the nation.

But by god it's going to be a tough few years ahead of us.

What is wrong with political correctness? It stops you ffending people and being assaulted for offending people.

There's nothing wrong with political correctness per se; it's the lack of common sense when it is applied which is wrong.
KRYTENIA: Losing in semi-finals since 2004.

Hosts:
Cup of Harmony VII, AOCAF I, Cup of Harmony XV, World Cup XXIV, AOCAF XIII, World Cup XXIX, AOCAF XVII, AOCAF XXIII, World Cup XL, Cup of Harmony XXXII, Baptism of Fire XXXII, AOCAF XXVII, Baptism of Fire XXXVI, World Cup L, Baptism of Fire XL, Cup of Harmony LXIV, AOCAF XLVIII, World Cup LXXV
Champions: AOCAF LII
Runner-Up: AOCAF VII, World Cup LVIII

Creator, AOCAF & Cygnus Cup - Host, VI Winter Olympics (Ashton) & VII Summer Olympics (Emberton)

User avatar
Kylarnatia
N&I RP Mentor
 
Posts: 8373
Founded: Jul 07, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kylarnatia » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:25 pm

Kobrania wrote:
Kylarnatia wrote:
Kobrania wrote:
Kylarnatia wrote:
Kobrania wrote:
Kylarnatia wrote:1. I'm too young to vote.

2. I couldn't give a f*ck, as this nation's in the deepest debt crisis it's had so far.

tbh, all politicans are the same. They all seem to corrupt their power one way or the other, if it's either accidental or right under our noses.

All I can do is no longer hate Brown, but feel sorry for him. He has done some stupid things, yes, but now it seems every single mistake he makes, people get on his case to make him look even more worse then he already is.

Cameron, well, I wouldn't mind if he won; but he wouldn't make much diffrence straight away. And by the time he would have done something, people would have lost intrest.

Clegg, meh.

Cameron is just a stck up bastard, most of the expenses scandals were conservative in origin.


That quote has just made me smile in agreement good sir, thankyou :)

Sorry for the spelling mistakes, but yes, I don't want another thatcher in office, else i would be forced to become like the french, and cleanse the streets of London in petroleum and flame.


Once again, I have to agree. But deep down, I would like more churchill back in this country, if you know what I mean.

not really, he was a drunk and a poor general, he only had one good idea (Normandy landings)


This is were I have to disagree. Yes, he was drunk and abit poor, but with his attitude; he showed Britian that we are better then most others if we work hard at it.
The Ancient Empire of Kylarnatia // Imperium Antiquum Kylarnatiae
Lord of Gholgoth | Factbook (Work in Progress) | Embassy & Consulate Programme
N&I Roleplay Mentor specialising in PMT-FaNT, worldbuilding and storytelling. Any questions? Ask away!
NationState's friendly neighbourhood Egyptologist
Come one, come all to my Trading Card Bazaar!
"Kylarnatia is a rare Nile platypus." - Kyrusia


User avatar
Fartsniffage
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 29941
Founded: Dec 19, 2005
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Fartsniffage » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:31 pm

Samurkhan wrote:You work so close to heaven then.


I can see it from my office.

Gets me through those awful Monday afternoons.

User avatar
Krytenia
Senator
 
Posts: 3558
Founded: Apr 22, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Krytenia » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:35 pm

Fartsniffage wrote:
Samurkhan wrote:You work so close to heaven then.


I can see it from my office.

Gets me through those awful Monday afternoons.


HEATHEN!!!
KRYTENIA: Losing in semi-finals since 2004.

Hosts:
Cup of Harmony VII, AOCAF I, Cup of Harmony XV, World Cup XXIV, AOCAF XIII, World Cup XXIX, AOCAF XVII, AOCAF XXIII, World Cup XL, Cup of Harmony XXXII, Baptism of Fire XXXII, AOCAF XXVII, Baptism of Fire XXXVI, World Cup L, Baptism of Fire XL, Cup of Harmony LXIV, AOCAF XLVIII, World Cup LXXV
Champions: AOCAF LII
Runner-Up: AOCAF VII, World Cup LVIII

Creator, AOCAF & Cygnus Cup - Host, VI Winter Olympics (Ashton) & VII Summer Olympics (Emberton)

User avatar
My 3rd Floor Flat
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1344
Founded: Nov 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby My 3rd Floor Flat » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:38 pm

Krytenia wrote:
Kobrania wrote:
My 3rd Floor Flat wrote:*Sighs*

Britain won't be able to last through another term under labour, even though i'm an advocate of the Welfare state and so on I cannot vote Labour, it will be criminal.

A vote for the Liberal Democrats is a wasted vote.

The BNP is the only party addressing the issues which need to be addressed bu they're doing it wrong AND for the wrong reasons.

I'm going to have to vote Conservative; Britain needs to reign back it's bloated Labour induced public services, streamline then, sort out the economy, and reverse the politically correct nonsensical laws that have come to plague the nation.

But by god it's going to be a tough few years ahead of us.

What is wrong with political correctness? It stops you ffending people and being assaulted for offending people.

There's nothing wrong with political correctness per se; it's the lack of common sense when it is applied which is wrong.


Krytenia you are quite right.

Our government is severly lacking in commonsense at the moment...
Nadkor wrote: One of the things you'll notice about the BBC is that it gets accused of bias by everyone.

Mad hatters in jeans wrote:
Crabulonia wrote:^ Very pleased that 3rd Floor Flat is voting same as I.

3rd floor flat is pretty sharp so you can count yourself lucky.

User avatar
Krytenia
Senator
 
Posts: 3558
Founded: Apr 22, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Krytenia » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:43 pm

My 3rd Floor Flat wrote:
Krytenia wrote:
Kobrania wrote:
My 3rd Floor Flat wrote:*Sighs*

Britain won't be able to last through another term under labour, even though i'm an advocate of the Welfare state and so on I cannot vote Labour, it will be criminal.

A vote for the Liberal Democrats is a wasted vote.

The BNP is the only party addressing the issues which need to be addressed bu they're doing it wrong AND for the wrong reasons.

I'm going to have to vote Conservative; Britain needs to reign back it's bloated Labour induced public services, streamline then, sort out the economy, and reverse the politically correct nonsensical laws that have come to plague the nation.

But by god it's going to be a tough few years ahead of us.

What is wrong with political correctness? It stops you ffending people and being assaulted for offending people.

There's nothing wrong with political correctness per se; it's the lack of common sense when it is applied which is wrong.


Krytenia you are quite right.

Our government is severly lacking in commonsense at the moment...

Alas, for whatever reason, it is something especially endemic to the Labour Party.
KRYTENIA: Losing in semi-finals since 2004.

Hosts:
Cup of Harmony VII, AOCAF I, Cup of Harmony XV, World Cup XXIV, AOCAF XIII, World Cup XXIX, AOCAF XVII, AOCAF XXIII, World Cup XL, Cup of Harmony XXXII, Baptism of Fire XXXII, AOCAF XXVII, Baptism of Fire XXXVI, World Cup L, Baptism of Fire XL, Cup of Harmony LXIV, AOCAF XLVIII, World Cup LXXV
Champions: AOCAF LII
Runner-Up: AOCAF VII, World Cup LVIII

Creator, AOCAF & Cygnus Cup - Host, VI Winter Olympics (Ashton) & VII Summer Olympics (Emberton)

User avatar
Fartsniffage
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 29941
Founded: Dec 19, 2005
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Fartsniffage » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:45 pm

Krytenia wrote:HEATHEN!!!


You bought your council house yet bitter?

User avatar
Krytenia
Senator
 
Posts: 3558
Founded: Apr 22, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Krytenia » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:48 pm

Fartsniffage wrote:
Krytenia wrote:HEATHEN!!!


You bought your council house yet bitter?

No, seriously, Heathen. It was Newton Heath's old nickname.
KRYTENIA: Losing in semi-finals since 2004.

Hosts:
Cup of Harmony VII, AOCAF I, Cup of Harmony XV, World Cup XXIV, AOCAF XIII, World Cup XXIX, AOCAF XVII, AOCAF XXIII, World Cup XL, Cup of Harmony XXXII, Baptism of Fire XXXII, AOCAF XXVII, Baptism of Fire XXXVI, World Cup L, Baptism of Fire XL, Cup of Harmony LXIV, AOCAF XLVIII, World Cup LXXV
Champions: AOCAF LII
Runner-Up: AOCAF VII, World Cup LVIII

Creator, AOCAF & Cygnus Cup - Host, VI Winter Olympics (Ashton) & VII Summer Olympics (Emberton)

User avatar
Fartsniffage
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 29941
Founded: Dec 19, 2005
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Fartsniffage » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:54 pm

Krytenia wrote:No, seriously, Heathen. It was Newton Heath's old nickname.


What does that have to do with LCCC?

User avatar
Samurkhan
Diplomat
 
Posts: 697
Founded: Sep 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Samurkhan » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:56 pm

If only Newton Heath Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway Football Club had been a sexier title. But it would be harder to fit NHLYRFC on the neck of the kit.

User avatar
AB Again
Attaché
 
Posts: 83
Founded: Feb 14, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby AB Again » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:00 pm

Well I'm not actually in any constituency, but I am British.

I won't be voting - I chose to leave so I choose to leave the pleasant task of selecting the least worst politician to those that will suffer under them.

User avatar
Krytenia
Senator
 
Posts: 3558
Founded: Apr 22, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Krytenia » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:02 pm

Fartsniffage wrote:
Krytenia wrote:No, seriously, Heathen. It was Newton Heath's old nickname.


What does that have to do with LCCC?

Good answer.
KRYTENIA: Losing in semi-finals since 2004.

Hosts:
Cup of Harmony VII, AOCAF I, Cup of Harmony XV, World Cup XXIV, AOCAF XIII, World Cup XXIX, AOCAF XVII, AOCAF XXIII, World Cup XL, Cup of Harmony XXXII, Baptism of Fire XXXII, AOCAF XXVII, Baptism of Fire XXXVI, World Cup L, Baptism of Fire XL, Cup of Harmony LXIV, AOCAF XLVIII, World Cup LXXV
Champions: AOCAF LII
Runner-Up: AOCAF VII, World Cup LVIII

Creator, AOCAF & Cygnus Cup - Host, VI Winter Olympics (Ashton) & VII Summer Olympics (Emberton)

User avatar
Tagmatium
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 16593
Founded: Dec 17, 2004
Democratic Socialists

Postby Tagmatium » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:36 pm

Kobrania wrote:Clegg, go Lib Dems!!!

I would actually rather go Guy Fawkes, but since I don't have access to military grade explosive, I thought what the hay..

Again, you actually know much about the whole Guy Fawkes thing? I thought you were better than that, Kob.

He wasn't some anti-government hero, he wanted to put in place a Catholic theocracy.

Admittedly, was a case of Catholic bigot vs Protestant bigot, but the only thing which Guy Fawkes had going for him is that he was ballsy enough not to break under torture - at least, by the time he broke, the rest of the conspirators had already been found out.
Last edited by Tagmatium on Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The above post may or may not be serious.
"For too long, we have been a passive, tolerant society, saying to our citizens: as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone."
North Calaveras wrote:Tagmatium, it was never about pie...

User avatar
Burchadinger
Minister
 
Posts: 2423
Founded: Jun 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Burchadinger » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:38 pm

London, Lib Dem. Full Stop...
Runners Up - DBC XXV
Third Place - AOCAF XXXIII

Call me Burch and not Burcha

User avatar
The Naked Ape
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 133
Founded: Apr 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Naked Ape » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:43 pm

Brecon and Radnorshire. We already have a Lib Dem MP so I'll be voting to retain him.

User avatar
Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry
 
Posts: 15007
Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:45 pm

I might be thinking about an independent.

User avatar
Aston
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 10
Founded: Antiquity
Democratic Socialists

Postby Aston » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:45 pm

Suffolk Central (Tory safe seat)

As yet I don't know who I'll be voting for (I might even stand myself) I've just ruled out the tree-hugging lefty halfwits and labour.

User avatar
Greed and Death
Post Czar
 
Posts: 48574
Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Greed and Death » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:45 pm

I have fake British citizenship and stuff and i will be flying in to vote Tory. they are paying each yank 5,000 pounds + expenses.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

User avatar
Ozymos
Minister
 
Posts: 3082
Founded: Oct 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ozymos » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:42 pm

Fartsniffage wrote:Cameron will win, my constituency will vote Labour and I'll waste my vote on the Lib Dem candidate.

For me, the only question is by how many seats will the Torys lead.


Don't be so sure. Whilst I noted in another thread that my view of Gordon Brown is a "gormless tw*t with zero charisma and even less testicles", as Labour he still represents the working classes, who make up the majority of Britain. And with the current recession, and then a quick look back at the last time the Tories were in power, I reckon a significant majority of Britain fancies keeping it's job, and feels it has a better chance with Labour than it does with the Tories.

And yes, you will waste your vote on the Lib Dems. Liberal as I am, the odds of them being a dominant party are somewhat slim.
Last edited by Ozymos on Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Through adversity, to the stars!"
The Intersystems Alliance
Liu Xiu | Excalibur Squadron

User avatar
Tagmatium
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 16593
Founded: Dec 17, 2004
Democratic Socialists

Postby Tagmatium » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:47 pm

Ozymos wrote:Don't be so sure. Whilst I noted in another thread that my view of Gordon Brown is a "gormless tw*t with zero charisma and even less testicles", as Labour he still represents the working classes, who make up the majority of Britain. And with the current recession, and then a quick look back at the last time the Tories were in power, I reckon a significant majority of Britain fancies keeping it's job, and feels it has a better chance with Labour than it does with the Tories.

And yes, you will waste your vote on the Lib Dems. Liberal as I am, the odds of them being a dominant party are somewhat slim.

I suspect Brown knows that his government is a spent force and has been for a while, which is why he's not really been putting much in to it. He wasn't as much of a grey blur under Blair, and the Labour government has been going down for a good long while.

Both my parents are members of the local Labour party and have been active members for as long as I can remember. Under Brown... its petered out. They (the government) are just foundering and have been since mid-way through the Iraq War, since it was found out that they had actually lied about the presence of WMDs.

Brown could have, and would have, won a General if he had called it as soon as he became PM and I doubt that Labour would have looked like quite such a spent force for this period, but they were virtually wasted when they didn't do it.
The above post may or may not be serious.
"For too long, we have been a passive, tolerant society, saying to our citizens: as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone."
North Calaveras wrote:Tagmatium, it was never about pie...

User avatar
Ozymos
Minister
 
Posts: 3082
Founded: Oct 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ozymos » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:50 pm

Tagmatium wrote:
Ozymos wrote:Don't be so sure. Whilst I noted in another thread that my view of Gordon Brown is a "gormless tw*t with zero charisma and even less testicles", as Labour he still represents the working classes, who make up the majority of Britain. And with the current recession, and then a quick look back at the last time the Tories were in power, I reckon a significant majority of Britain fancies keeping it's job, and feels it has a better chance with Labour than it does with the Tories.

And yes, you will waste your vote on the Lib Dems. Liberal as I am, the odds of them being a dominant party are somewhat slim.

I suspect Brown knows that his government is a spent force and has been for a while, which is why he's not really been putting much in to it. He wasn't as much of a grey blur under Blair, and the Labour government has been going down for a good long while.

Both my parents are members of the local Labour party and have been active members for as long as I can remember. Under Brown... its petered out. They (the government) are just foundering and have been since mid-way through the Iraq War, since it was found out that they had actually lied about the presence of WMDs.

Brown could have, and would have, won a General if he had called it as soon as he became PM and I doubt that Labour would have looked like quite such a spent force for this period, but they were virtually wasted when they didn't do it.


If I was taking bets at this point, my best estimate (A Level Politics student re-emerging here) would be either a very close Labour win, or a Labour-Lib Dem coalition.

If Labour want to win big, they need a shake up in the ranks. Brown and Darling have got to go, for starters.

And i'm not ashamed to say this; needs moar Blair ;)
"Through adversity, to the stars!"
The Intersystems Alliance
Liu Xiu | Excalibur Squadron

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ameriganastan, An Alan Smithee Nation, Confederate States of German America, Conserative Morality, Dooom35796821595, East Damann, El-Amin Caliphate, Grinning Dragon, Guyabanos, Heloin, Majestic-12 [Bot], Novus America, Papalotltlan, Platypus Bureaucracy, Talvezout, The blAAtschApen, The Liberated Territories, The New California Republic, The South Falls, Washington Resistance Army, Western Vale Confederacy, Yagon, Yahoo [Bot], Yusseria, Zurkerx

Advertisement

Remove ads