NATION

PASSWORD

Internment camps for Ukraine?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
User avatar
Trezchoix
Diplomat
 
Posts: 701
Founded: Apr 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Internment camps for Ukraine?

Postby Trezchoix » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:10 pm

http://rt.com/news/170572-rand-east-ukraine-plan/

A leaked memorandum from the RAND corporation think tank suggests the Ukrainian govt should engage in an all-out war in eastern regions, including shutting down all communications, putting citizens in internment camps and kill all who resist such actions.

The RAND Corporation is non-profit global think tank which offers research and analysis to the US armed forces.

In the shocking letter, which has been leaked by the media, the advice offers a step by step brutal guide in how to deal with the population in eastern Ukraine.

‘Military op’s advantages overweigh disadvantage’

In the first line the memorandum notes that the peace plan outlined by new president Poroshenko is likely to fail. However, it soothes, the political and material downsides of the operation will be “outweighed” by the gains.

The chilling letter then lists the advantages that a full scale military onslaught against the two breakaway eastern Ukrainian regions would have.

The pro-Russian political movement, claims the advice, would become decimated and the pro-Russian voters would get disorganized.

Instead of upholding the region’s coal supplies as a source of future employment, it says the decimation of the coal industry in the fighting would mean they would be quickly shut down, thereby relieving the Ukraine of burdensome subsidy costs.

Shutting down the Donbass industries would also mean a reduction in Russian gas consumption and the destruction of the local oligarch Rinat Akhmetov’s clan and his political and economic clout.

Stage 1: Suspend Constitution, impose martial law

The shocking memorandum then lists a three stage military campaign to guarantee victory. Stage One, called the total isolation of the rebel regions, presuming that all civilians who have stayed behind are “complicit in the unrest or supportive of it.”

It proposes martial law should be imposed in the area with a strict curfew between 20:00 and 06:00, while all local authorities would have their competencies terminated and Constitution be suspended in the area.

The regions should then be encircled with troops with special attention being given to areas which border on Russia.

As regards the media it recommends that all broadcasting services, telephone and mobile communications and internet services in the region should be shut down and that the international media should be “subject to a special procedure.”

Stage 2: Internment camps for male adults, any one resisting to be killed on the spot

Then begins Stage Two of the operation, called mop-up, which involves a gradual tightening of the circle of troops round the region, followed by airstrikes and then artillery and mortar assaults against the “enemy’s” strategic facilities.

Without any apparent regard for human life the RAND authors then advise that the use of non-conventional arms should not be ruled out “to ensure smaller casualties among our own personnel”.

The authors, who seemingly have little or no knowledge of the situation in eastern Ukraine, then say that settlements should be "liberated" one by one with armor going in first, followed by infantry who should shoot to kill anyone bearing arms.

In what appears to be advising ethnic cleansing, all male adults should be removed to internment camps, while anyone who attempts to resist should be executed; children under 13 and people over the age of 60 should be moved to specially equipped facilities in other areas.

In a bizarre piece of advice that appears at best unrealistic and at worst deranged RAND then says that anyone with bruises, scuff marks, traces of gun powder or gun oil on their clothes should be tried in court for separatism and terrorism. Any lucky residents who don’t fall into these categories would be allowed to return home after a period of two months “of internment” and would then be slapped under surveillance by the security services.

Stage 3: Property of convicted and displaced to be nationalized

Stage Three, which is risibly called ‘Back to Normal’, says that all refugees “from the warzone” should then be allowed to return home. This is presuming that in the first place they would have a home to return to and in the second place they would want to return home to a region now so divided along Ukrainian and Russian ethnicities.

However men aged 18-60 shall be “checked” in internment camps, while the property of convicted and displaced residents of Donetsk and Lugansk regions shall be nationalized.

The area of the punitive operation shall be made “off limits” to the foreign media, the memorandum concludes.

Pictures of the letter are on the website.

But one of my questions is, is this a real letter? IF so what do you think on the subject? how would you deal with Ukraine and or this corporation if it is a real letter?

I'll go with there's a possibility due to the fact that there a reasonably big news company that's been around awhile. And its doesn't surprise me that this is happening ( If real ) "think-tanks" much like corporations I believe are involved in quite a lot of things around the world. we all know about the United Fruit Company in Guatemala or how about the 1953 coup in Iran . Along with dealing with Ukraine? well let Ukrainians solve there own problems.
A attempt a communism is like trying cyanide, It'll only happen once.
Nation States the only place where communism and socialism work.

ACHTUNG! GRAMER NAZI

UBER CAPITALIST

User avatar
Benuty
Post Czar
 
Posts: 36367
Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:13 pm

I sorry, but the source is RT and it is backed by a supposed non-profit that is well received with the US military. Not sure whether to trust any of that at all.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity.
Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

User avatar
The New Sea Territory
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 16992
Founded: Dec 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Sea Territory » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:13 pm

Dahell?
| Ⓐ | Anarchist Communist | Heideggerian Marxist | Vegetarian | Bisexual | Stirnerite | Slavic/Germanic Pagan | ᛟ |
Solntsa Roshcha --- Postmodern Poyltheist
"Christianity had brutally planted the poisoned blade in the healthy, quivering flesh of all humanity; it had goaded a cold wave
of darkness with mystically brutal fury to dim the serene and festive exultation of the dionysian spirit of our pagan ancestors."
-Renzo Novatore, Verso il Nulla Creatore

User avatar
Fascist Russian Empire
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9267
Founded: Aug 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Russian Empire » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:15 pm

Not exactly what I'd call a reliable source, just saying.

User avatar
Ikania
Minister
 
Posts: 3446
Founded: Jun 28, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ikania » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:16 pm

RT=/=fact
Gnome King of NationStates
Costa Fierro wrote:hope you get hit by a bus you cancerous piece of shit
Kamchastkia wrote:Piece of fucking shit
Kill yourself
Prussia-Steinbach wrote:You're historically illiterate and a piece of shit human
I am promising you that if I ever get ahold of you, I will cripple or kill you.
New World Oceania wrote:I wish you weren't such a straight up goddamn fucking idiot
go fuck yourself
94 Block wrote:But you can go fuck yourself, ungrateful cunt.
Cameron Romefeller wrote:you knuckle dragging fuckstick from a backwater gcr
Canton Empire wrote:You are a scumbag who deserves a special spot in hell for what you do
Big Bad Badger wrote:Ike, the petulant child act is getting old.

User avatar
United lunar colonies
Attaché
 
Posts: 84
Founded: Jun 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby United lunar colonies » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:18 pm

These hardcore military types in the US would certainly love to start another proxy war with Russia

User avatar
New Sakatia
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 103
Founded: Apr 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Sakatia » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:18 pm

Refer to me as Sakatia not New Sakatia.
My factbook (Take a look)

User avatar
Avenio
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11113
Founded: Feb 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Avenio » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:19 pm


User avatar
Benuty
Post Czar
 
Posts: 36367
Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:20 pm


Well Joan Rivers is a known attention whore so no surprise there.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity.
Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

User avatar
Zavea
Diplomat
 
Posts: 609
Founded: Apr 20, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Zavea » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:21 pm



brief google-fu indicates that this global research website is strongly associated with russia today and has a strong record of criticizing anything to do with NATO
is it pronounced zay-vee-uh or zuh-vay-uh? i can't decide

User avatar
Regnum Dominae
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12345
Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Regnum Dominae » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:22 pm

I support peace in Israel and Palestine. The governments and people in power on all sides are an absolute disgrace, and their unwillingness to pursue peace is a disservice to the people they are meant to be serving. The status quo is not simply untenable; it is unquestionably unacceptable.

User avatar
Benuty
Post Czar
 
Posts: 36367
Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:23 pm


Global research actually admits it believes the crap it spews out. So I have got to admire their stupid honesty.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity.
Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

User avatar
Trezchoix
Diplomat
 
Posts: 701
Founded: Apr 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Trezchoix » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:23 pm

that's what figured I wasn't to sure about the whole article but it wouldn't surprise me if it happened. sadly
A attempt a communism is like trying cyanide, It'll only happen once.
Nation States the only place where communism and socialism work.

ACHTUNG! GRAMER NAZI

UBER CAPITALIST

User avatar
United Republics of America-
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 9
Founded: Jul 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby United Republics of America- » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:24 pm

What in Christ is flicking going on?

User avatar
Regnum Dominae
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12345
Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Regnum Dominae » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:24 pm

Google news search for "rand corporation ukraine internment" turns up nothing from reliable sources. Unless/until reliable sources start picking up on this, I'm going to remain skeptical.
I support peace in Israel and Palestine. The governments and people in power on all sides are an absolute disgrace, and their unwillingness to pursue peace is a disservice to the people they are meant to be serving. The status quo is not simply untenable; it is unquestionably unacceptable.

User avatar
Regnum Dominae
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12345
Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Regnum Dominae » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:25 pm

United Republics of America- wrote:What in Christ is flicking going on?

Conspiracy theory websites are inventing bizarre conspiracy theories with no connection to reality. In other words, business as usual.
I support peace in Israel and Palestine. The governments and people in power on all sides are an absolute disgrace, and their unwillingness to pursue peace is a disservice to the people they are meant to be serving. The status quo is not simply untenable; it is unquestionably unacceptable.

User avatar
United Republics of America-
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 9
Founded: Jul 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby United Republics of America- » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:26 pm

Trezchoix wrote:that's what figured I wasn't to sure about the whole article but it wouldn't surprise me if it happened. sadly

Ukraine so a lost cause.

User avatar
Neo Rome Republic
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5343
Founded: Dec 27, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neo Rome Republic » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:28 pm

I'd might've believed it, if the source wasn't Tsar Putin's bullshit propaganda machine.
Last edited by Neo Rome Republic on Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If what I say offends you, twas misunderstanding on you or my indifference.
Ethical and Metaphysical: (Pan) Humanist and Naturalist.
Political Views Sum: Centrist on social issues, Market Socialist on economic, and Radical on political governance.
This nation DOES(for most part) represent my OOC views.
''A rich man complaining about regulation and taxes, is like the drunkard at a party, complaining about not having enough to drink.'',

"An empty mind is a mind without a filter, the mind of a gullible fool. A closed mind is the mind unwilling to look at the reality outside its bubble. An open mind is one that is cautious, flexible yet balanced; looking at both the reality and the possibility."
OOC Info Page Pros And Cons Political Ideology

User avatar
Frideland
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 56
Founded: Nov 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Frideland » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:37 pm

What the heck?!

User avatar
Pope Joan
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19503
Founded: Mar 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Pope Joan » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:13 pm

Trezchoix wrote:http://rt.com/news/170572-rand-east-ukraine-plan/

A leaked memorandum from the RAND corporation think tank suggests the Ukrainian govt should engage in an all-out war in eastern regions, including shutting down all communications, putting citizens in internment camps and kill all who resist such actions.

The RAND Corporation is non-profit global think tank which offers research and analysis to the US armed forces.

In the shocking letter, which has been leaked by the media, the advice offers a step by step brutal guide in how to deal with the population in eastern Ukraine.

‘Military op’s advantages overweigh disadvantage’

In the first line the memorandum notes that the peace plan outlined by new president Poroshenko is likely to fail. However, it soothes, the political and material downsides of the operation will be “outweighed” by the gains.

The chilling letter then lists the advantages that a full scale military onslaught against the two breakaway eastern Ukrainian regions would have.

The pro-Russian political movement, claims the advice, would become decimated and the pro-Russian voters would get disorganized.

Instead of upholding the region’s coal supplies as a source of future employment, it says the decimation of the coal industry in the fighting would mean they would be quickly shut down, thereby relieving the Ukraine of burdensome subsidy costs.

Shutting down the Donbass industries would also mean a reduction in Russian gas consumption and the destruction of the local oligarch Rinat Akhmetov’s clan and his political and economic clout.

Stage 1: Suspend Constitution, impose martial law

The shocking memorandum then lists a three stage military campaign to guarantee victory. Stage One, called the total isolation of the rebel regions, presuming that all civilians who have stayed behind are “complicit in the unrest or supportive of it.”

It proposes martial law should be imposed in the area with a strict curfew between 20:00 and 06:00, while all local authorities would have their competencies terminated and Constitution be suspended in the area.

The regions should then be encircled with troops with special attention being given to areas which border on Russia.

As regards the media it recommends that all broadcasting services, telephone and mobile communications and internet services in the region should be shut down and that the international media should be “subject to a special procedure.”

Stage 2: Internment camps for male adults, any one resisting to be killed on the spot

Then begins Stage Two of the operation, called mop-up, which involves a gradual tightening of the circle of troops round the region, followed by airstrikes and then artillery and mortar assaults against the “enemy’s” strategic facilities.

Without any apparent regard for human life the RAND authors then advise that the use of non-conventional arms should not be ruled out “to ensure smaller casualties among our own personnel”.

The authors, who seemingly have little or no knowledge of the situation in eastern Ukraine, then say that settlements should be "liberated" one by one with armor going in first, followed by infantry who should shoot to kill anyone bearing arms.

In what appears to be advising ethnic cleansing, all male adults should be removed to internment camps, while anyone who attempts to resist should be executed; children under 13 and people over the age of 60 should be moved to specially equipped facilities in other areas.

In a bizarre piece of advice that appears at best unrealistic and at worst deranged RAND then says that anyone with bruises, scuff marks, traces of gun powder or gun oil on their clothes should be tried in court for separatism and terrorism. Any lucky residents who don’t fall into these categories would be allowed to return home after a period of two months “of internment” and would then be slapped under surveillance by the security services.

Stage 3: Property of convicted and displaced to be nationalized

Stage Three, which is risibly called ‘Back to Normal’, says that all refugees “from the warzone” should then be allowed to return home. This is presuming that in the first place they would have a home to return to and in the second place they would want to return home to a region now so divided along Ukrainian and Russian ethnicities.

However men aged 18-60 shall be “checked” in internment camps, while the property of convicted and displaced residents of Donetsk and Lugansk regions shall be nationalized.

The area of the punitive operation shall be made “off limits” to the foreign media, the memorandum concludes.

Pictures of the letter are on the website.

But one of my questions is, is this a real letter? IF so what do you think on the subject? how would you deal with Ukraine and or this corporation if it is a real letter?

I'll go with there's a possibility due to the fact that there a reasonably big news company that's been around awhile. And its doesn't surprise me that this is happening ( If real ) "think-tanks" much like corporations I believe are involved in quite a lot of things around the world. we all know about the United Fruit Company in Guatemala or how about the 1953 coup in Iran . Along with dealing with Ukraine? well let Ukrainians solve there own problems.


Ukraine is already blocking all broadcasts from the east.

Yay for "democracy".
"Life is difficult".

-M. Scott Peck

User avatar
Wind in the Willows
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6770
Founded: Apr 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wind in the Willows » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:15 pm

Perhaps the rebels should start setting up camps for Ukrainian soldiers then.

User avatar
Shnercropolis
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9391
Founded: Sep 30, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Shnercropolis » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:29 pm

Here's the source rt cites: http://beforeitsnews.com/politics/2014/ ... 34472.html and the writer's bio says nothing except that they're a former RAND employee. They've written one other news story a few days ago. Not very credible.

You'll note that in one of the comments, the RAND director of Media Relations says that they haven't produced such a document.
Last edited by Shnercropolis on Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is my firm belief that I should never have to justify my beliefs.

User avatar
Cartalucci
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 158
Founded: Jun 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Cartalucci » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:37 pm

This doesn't surprise me, the US and EU will go to any lengths to secure control of Ukraine. The suffering they will inflict on the people of Ukraine to achieve that goal will only be overshadowed by the harm they will render if they are successful.

User avatar
Allet Klar Chefs
Minister
 
Posts: 2095
Founded: Apr 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Allet Klar Chefs » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:40 pm

Cartalucci wrote:This doesn't surprise me, the US and EU will go to any lengths to secure control of Ukraine. The suffering they will inflict on the people of Ukraine to achieve that goal will only be overshadowed by the harm they will render if they are successful.

The EU doesn't give a shit about the Ukraine, other than as a gas pipeline. True story.

Poroshenko might think otherwise, but he's like an unbelievably corrupt version of Willy Wonka, so he can fuck off.
Last edited by Allet Klar Chefs on Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Salus Maior
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19560
Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Salus Maior » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:43 pm

Sounds like an effective end to Ukraine's Russian problem in the long run. However, I doubt Russia would stand idly by as ethnic Russians are placed in internment camps.
Last edited by Salus Maior on Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic.

This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. -1 Timothy 1:15

“My entire endeavor has always been to clearly recognize the Will of God in all things and to follow it as completely as possible.” -Blessed Charles of Austria, last Habsburg Emperor

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Andsed, Caleonia, Dresderstan, Earthbound Immortal Squad, Google [Bot], Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States, Naturnasa, Philjia, The Emerald Legion, The New California Republic, The Reformed American Republic

Advertisement

Remove ads