NATION

PASSWORD

Elton John: "Jesus Would Support Gay Marriage"

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Scientific States
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Scientific States » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:24 pm

Shie wrote:
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
And these wives came from....

Adam and Eve.

So...incest?
Centrist, Ordoliberal, Bisexual, Agnostic, Pro Social Market Economy, Pro Labour Union, Secular Humanist, Cautious Optimist, Pro LGBT, Pro Marijuana Legalization, Pro Humanitarian Intervention etc etc.
Compass
Economic Left/Right: 0.88
Social Liberal/Authoritarian: -6.62
Political Stuff I Wrote
Why Pinochet and Allende were both terrible
The UKIP: A Bad Choice for Britain
Why South Africa is in a sorry state, and how it can be fixed.
Massive List of My OOC Pros and Cons
Hey, Putin! Leave Ukraine Alone!

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:25 pm

The Greater Hyperborean Realm wrote:
Pandeeria wrote:Isn't everyone born from incest according to Christianity?

I mean, it claims there was once only one man and women. Once they have children, if their children mate the it would be incest and so on.

Not necessarily.
Cain is mentioned to have a wife after he kills his brother. Which implies that more people than just Adam and Eve exist.

Not unless she was just one of his unnamed sisters.

Draica
Senator

Founded: Feb 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Draica » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:25 pm

The Scientific States wrote:
Draica wrote:

1. I'd like you to first retract your appeal to popularity statement from your argument before I answer your question.

So, you're refusing to answer my argument. And, I'm not appealing to popularity. I don't see the point in you bringing that up.

Yes, you were appealing to popularity. I pointed that out.

And no, I'm not refusing to you, I simply think it's necessary for you to retract that unnesscary bit of your argument. If you dont', I will still answer your question, simply suggesting..
Draica is a Federal Republic nation ran by conservatives and Libertarians! If you ever wanna rp a state visit, a war, a debate with one of my leaders or a conservative/libertarian philosopher, or just wanna tg me in general(I like TGs) drop me a TG!
Allies: Pantorrum, Korgenstin, Zebraltar, Kiribati-Tarawa, Democratic Sabha. Idoa, Allaena, Lledia.
Enemies: Arkania 5, any communist nation, Drakorvanyia.
Wars:

The Draican-Arkanian war: On-going

The Waldensian-Draican-Kiribati Cold War: Won. Dissolution of Communist Government in Waldensia

The Draican-Die erworbenen Namen war: Draica successfully defended, retaliation called off.

Shie
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Shie » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:25 pm

Genivaria wrote:
Shie wrote:They had wives, you're also ignoring the flood.

That really doesn't answer anything, it just leads to another situation of all humans coming from incest.

It does, those closely related people were killed in the great flood.
Last edited by Shie on Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jun 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:26 pm

Shie wrote:
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

Adam and Eve.

So they married their sisters. Incest.

JesusOfNazareth
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby JesusOfNazareth » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:26 pm

Pandeeria wrote:
Isn't everyone born from incest according to Christianity?

I mean, it claims there was once only one man and women. Once they have children, if their children mate the it would be incest and so on.

No, according to Genesis, which is mostly bs. I'm assuming you're talking about the Creation Story, and not only would it be incest, it just doesn't make sense. Adam and Eve had two sons, Cain and Abel...How did they reproduce?

I'll answer this, but get back to topic.

Except for notables, the Bible sadly doesn't mention a lot of women. If the older Jewish texts are taken into consideration, Adam had a mate before Eve. After the murder of Abel, Cain found his wife in the land of Nod. We can either assume that there was incest among the children of Adam and Eve, or that eventually there was an introduction of the Cain and Lilith bloodline into the Adam and Eve bloodline.

The Batorys
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Batorys » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:26 pm

Gauthier wrote:
The Batorys wrote:Elastic socks are as sinful as gay marriage.

Repent, sinner.

Did you eat shrimp cocktail? If so, you're going to hell, sinner.

No, but I did eat some ham. Guess I'm doomed to spend eternity in hell with Shie and all the gays.
Mallorea and Riva should resign
This is an alternate history version of Callisdrun.
Here is the (incomplete) Factbook
Ask me about The Forgotten Lands!
Pro: Feminism, environmentalism, BLM, LGBTQUILTBAG, BDSM, unions, hyphy, Lenin, Ho Chi Minh, Oakland, old San Francisco, the Alliance to Restore the Republic, and fully automated gay luxury space communism
Anti: Misogyny, fossil fuels, racism, homophobia, kink-shaming, capitalism, LA, Silicon Valley, techies, Brezhnev, the Galactic Empire, and the "alt-right"

The Scientific States
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The Scientific States » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:26 pm

Shie wrote:
Genivaria wrote:That really doesn't answer anything, it just leads to another situation of all humans coming from incest.

Only Noah's family was supposedly on the ark. So, more incest.

Plus, the flood was after the creation story.
Centrist, Ordoliberal, Bisexual, Agnostic, Pro Social Market Economy, Pro Labour Union, Secular Humanist, Cautious Optimist, Pro LGBT, Pro Marijuana Legalization, Pro Humanitarian Intervention etc etc.
Compass
Political Stuff I Wrote

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:26 pm

Shie wrote:
Genivaria wrote:That really doesn't answer anything, it just leads to another situation of all humans coming from incest.

:palm:
Moses and his family are the only ones left.
Where does humanity come from if there's no incest?

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:27 pm

Genivaria wrote:
Shie wrote:It does, those closely related people were killed in the great flood.

:palm:

Noah, not Moses.

The Scientific States
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The Scientific States » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:27 pm

Draica wrote:
So, you're refusing to answer my argument. And, I'm not appealing to popularity. I don't see the point in you bringing that up.

And no, I'm not refusing to you, I simply think it's necessary for you to retract that unnesscary bit of your argument. If you dont', I will still answer your question, simply suggesting..

You're only bringing this up so you don't have to answer my questions. I read the article on appealing to popularity, and just because my opinion is "popular", it does not mean I'm appealing to popularity. Now, would you like to provide an argument, instead of dodging mine by making false accusations?
Compass
Political Stuff I Wrote

Shie
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shie » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:28 pm

Shie wrote:It does, those closely related people were killed in the great flood.

On the ark they were cousins, they weren't as closely related as the children of Adam and Eve.

The Scientific States
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The Scientific States » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:28 pm

JesusOfNazareth wrote:
No, according to Genesis, which is mostly bs. I'm assuming you're talking about the Creation Story, and not only would it be incest, it just doesn't make sense. Adam and Eve had two sons, Cain and Abel...How did they reproduce?

Except for notables, the Bible sadly doesn't mention a lot of women. If the older Jewish texts are taken into consideration, Adam had a mate before Eve. After the murder of Abel, Cain found his wife in the land of Nod. We can either assume that there was incest among the children of Adam and Eve, or that eventually there was an introduction of the Cain and Lilith bloodline into the Adam and Eve bloodline.

That's odd, it seems like you're not taking the bible literally, which you claim to do.
Compass
Political Stuff I Wrote

The Scientific States
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The Scientific States » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:28 pm

Shie wrote:

On the ark they were cousins, they weren't as closely related as the children of Adam and Eve.

Your point being...
Compass
Political Stuff I Wrote

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:29 pm

JesusOfNazareth wrote:

Why are you using apocryphal texts to prove your point?

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:30 pm

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
Genivaria wrote: :palm:

Noah, not Moses.

Whoops, my bad.

Shie
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shie » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:30 pm

Shie wrote:On the ark they were cousins, they weren't as closely related as the children of Adam and Eve.

Your point being...

Mosaic law stands.

The Batorys
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Batorys » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:30 pm

Shie wrote:
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

Adam and Eve.

So gay sex is bad, but incest is fine?

Okaaaaaaaay.... we should respect your beliefs, why, again?
Pro: Feminism, environmentalism, BLM, LGBTQUILTBAG, BDSM, unions, hyphy, Lenin, Ho Chi Minh, Oakland, old San Francisco, the Alliance to Restore the Republic, and fully automated gay luxury space communism
Anti: Misogyny, fossil fuels, racism, homophobia, kink-shaming, capitalism, LA, Silicon Valley, techies, Brezhnev, the Galactic Empire, and the "alt-right"

The Greater Hyperborean Realm
Secretary

Founded: Sep 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Hyperborean Realm » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:30 pm

Shie wrote:On the ark they were cousins, they weren't as closely related as the children of Adam and Eve.

Your point being...

I think his point was that incest is relative.

The Scientific States
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The Scientific States » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:30 pm

Shie wrote:
Your point being...

Mosaic law stands.

How did you get from incest to mosaic law?
Compass
Political Stuff I Wrote

MERIZoC
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 05, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby MERIZoC » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:30 pm

The Batorys wrote:
Shie wrote:Adam and Eve.

So gay sex is bad, but incest is fine?

Okaaaaaaaay.... we should respect your beliefs, why, again?

Because icky gays.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:30 pm

Shie wrote:

I hear banjos playing.
And in the long run it doesn't make a difference how distantly related you are, if the ONLY marriage material are related to you in some way that's gonna fuck up the kids in just a few generations.
Last edited by Genivaria on Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Batorys
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Batorys » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:31 pm

Shie wrote:

Leading to even more incest.

I swear, this is starting to sound more incestuous than Game of Thrones.

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:31 pm

The Greater Hyperborean Realm wrote:
Your point being...

I think his point was that incest is relative.

Ouch.

Draica
Senator

Founded: Feb 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Draica » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:31 pm

Draica wrote:

You're only bringing this up so you don't have to answer my questions. I read the article on appealing to popularity, and just because my opinion is "popular", it does not mean I'm appealing to popularity. Now, would you like to provide an argument, instead of dodging mine by making false accusations?

Your argument is an appeal to popularity and you know it, perhaps in future discussions you will be more willing. Now, to your question, we're supposed to take the Bible literally.

One reason we should take the Bible literally is because the Lord Jesus Christ took it literally. Whenever the Lord Jesus quoted from the Old Testament, it was always clear that He believed in its literal interpretation. As an example, when Jesus was tempted by Satan in Luke 4, He answered by quoting the Old Testament. If God’s commands in Deuteronomy 8:3, 6:13, and 6:16 were not literal, Jesus would not have used them and they would have been powerless to stop Satan’s mouth, which they certainly did.

The disciples also took the commands of Christ (which are part of the Bible) literally. Jesus commanded the disciples to go and make more disciples in Matthew 28:19-20. In Acts 2 and following, we find that the disciples took Jesus' command literally and went throughout the known world of that time preaching the gospel of Christ and telling them to "believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved” (Acts 16:31). Just as the disciples took Jesus’ words literally, so must we. How else can we be sure of our salvation if we do not believe Him when He says He came to seek and save the lost (Luke 19:10), pay the penalty for our sin (Matthew 26:28), and provide eternal life (John 6:54)?

Although we take the Bible literally, there are still figures of speech within its pages. An example of a figure of speech would be that if someone said "it is raining cats and dogs outside," you would know that they did not really mean that cats and dogs were falling from the sky. They would mean it is raining really hard. There are figures of speech in the Bible which are not to be taken literally, but those are obvious. (See Psalm 17:8 for example.)

Finally, when we make ourselves the final arbiters of which parts of the Bible are to be interpreted literally, we elevate ourselves above God. Who is to say, then, that one person’s interpretation of a biblical event or truth is any more or less valid than another’s? The confusion and distortions that would inevitably result from such a system would essentially render the Scriptures null and void. The Bible is God’s Word to us and He meant it to be believed—literally and completely.

Anymore questions?
Draica is a Federal Republic nation ran by conservatives and Libertarians! If you ever wanna rp a state visit, a war, a debate with one of my leaders or a conservative/libertarian philosopher, or just wanna tg me in general(I like TGs) drop me a TG!
Allies: Pantorrum, Korgenstin, Zebraltar, Kiribati-Tarawa, Democratic Sabha. Idoa, Allaena, Lledia.
Enemies: Arkania 5, any communist nation, Drakorvanyia.
Wars:

The Draican-Arkanian war: On-going

The Waldensian-Draican-Kiribati Cold War: Won. Dissolution of Communist Government in Waldensia

The Draican-Die erworbenen Namen war: Draica successfully defended, retaliation called off.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General