NATION

PASSWORD

Communist Discussion thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bolnoa
Envoy

Founded: Feb 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Bolnoa » Sun May 18, 2014 7:58 am

Lithuanian Empire wrote:You tell that those nations were better under communism?
Let's take the Soviet Union for example.

I'm gonna have to stop you right there with the over rated "Oh Soviet example"....To bad other Communist nations didn't follow the Soviet example! I.E Yugoslavia and Vietnam

If it were an example of oh lets say...Benin then maybe I'd sense some originality in this 'example' topic.

Full of corruption, inefficient economy, huge debt, worthless currency, near-slavelabour (A Soviet worker earned about 10 dollars per month),

Those former Communist nations have an insane amount of corruption now! Somalia says hi! inefficient economy? Yes because Somalia was considered the paradise of Africa because of it's terrible economy or ya know the massive economic industry in Yugoslavia with there inefficient economy. Worthless currency? How many nations traded with the second world again? A lot I know. Slave labour kind of an international thing that's existed pre-Communist regimes.

You also forgot to add in that free healthcare,education, and massive housing industry in these areas.

economic dependancy on oil, near-starving populace (Almost everything was in deficit,the USSR had to import food), no technological advancements except space and weaponry (The first computers in USSR arrived after it's fall, 50 year old telephones and cars), repressions and more!

Like the U.S is with Oil in the middle east right? Plus in the 70s the U.S went through an Oil crisis as to where the U.S.S.R began drilling in Siberia when they to went into the crisis but dependent, I think not! Again the people in Somalia didn't starve until they were no longer Communist. At this point I need to ask where on earth did you get this information on technology? It's pretty laughable and I mean REALLY REALLY laughable!

Dude, I live in Eastern Europe and I can say - the USSR was worthless, just to the Westerners it looked strong because of it's influence and nuclear arsenal.

USSR was also a major player in WW2, may wanna consider worthless and worth.
Want to join the The Communist Legion? You are welcome to come by anytime!

Visit, see some of our dispatches! We like new members in out region and we'd be grateful if you help us grow our region to make it bigger and better then before!

Saint Francis and Galas
Lobbyist

Founded: May 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Francis and Galas » Sun May 18, 2014 8:02 am

Contrary to my nations flag I am not a communist (most certainly not a Christian communist) but I have no issues with the ideology. From what I've seen communism is great when preformed in small localized groups rather then at large national scales because of the fact that at such a national scale it is easily corrupted but with small communes or even towns I've seen it able to work fairly well with the Paris Commune coming to mind right away. I've always felt that the more libertarian interpretations of communism were at least to me the better views of the ideology and would work better especially at the small local scales.

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Sun May 18, 2014 8:05 am

Saint Francis and Galas wrote:Contrary to my nations flag I am not a communist (most certainly not a Christian communist) but I have no issues with the ideology. From what I've seen communism is great when preformed in small localized groups rather then at large national scales because of the fact that at such a national scale it is easily corrupted but with small communes or even towns I've seen it able to work fairly well with the Paris Commune coming to mind right away. I've always felt that the more libertarian interpretations of communism were at least to me the better views of the ideology and would work better especially at the small local scales.

The Paris Commune was awful, and was just as much of an abandonment of Marxism as the Soviet Union was.
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon...but down this road we've been so many times...
Please, call me Benomia. Post count +14623, founded Oct. 23, 2012.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
Verdum wrote:Hey girl, is your name Karl Marx? Because your starting an uprising in my lower classes.
Black Hand wrote:New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.
Spreewerke wrote:The metric system is the only measurement system that truly meters.
Spreewerke wrote:Salt the women, rape the earth.
Equestican wrote:Ben is love, Ben is life.
Sediczja wrote:real eyes realize real lies
I'm a poet. Come read my poems!

Saint Francis and Galas
Lobbyist

Founded: May 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Francis and Galas » Sun May 18, 2014 8:07 am

Bezombia wrote:
Saint Francis and Galas wrote:Contrary to my nations flag I am not a communist (most certainly not a Christian communist) but I have no issues with the ideology. From what I've seen communism is great when preformed in small localized groups rather then at large national scales because of the fact that at such a national scale it is easily corrupted but with small communes or even towns I've seen it able to work fairly well with the Paris Commune coming to mind right away. I've always felt that the more libertarian interpretations of communism were at least to me the better views of the ideology and would work better especially at the small local scales.

The Paris Commune was awful, and was just as much of an abandonment of Marxism as the Soviet Union was.

I wasn't saying it was good rather it was just what came to mind when I was thinking about small local communism. But what would your opinion for the best communist movement be? If any at all.

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Sun May 18, 2014 8:11 am

Saint Francis and Galas wrote:
Bezombia wrote:

I wasn't saying it was good rather it was just what came to mind when I was thinking about small local communism. But what would your opinion for the best communist movement be? If any at all.

Original Marxism-Engellianism is the only flavor that'll actually work. Everything else just tried to "fix" something that wasn't broken and just ended up creating more problems then it was worth.
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon...but down this road we've been so many times...
Verdum wrote:Hey girl, is your name Karl Marx? Because your starting an uprising in my lower classes.
Black Hand wrote:New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.
Spreewerke wrote:The metric system is the only measurement system that truly meters.

Lithuanian Empire
Minister

Founded: May 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lithuanian Empire » Sun May 18, 2014 8:21 am

Bezombia wrote:
Lithuanian Empire wrote:If the Soviet Union lasted until 1997, it would be a miracle.

The USSR went downhill from 1953, but only in the 1990s the symptoms became so visible and huge the nation just fell apart.

Only because Gorbachev was a pansy.

It wasn't only Gorbachev's fault.
In fact, Glasnost and Perestroika were started so the nation could borrow more money, as the banks no longer gave loans to the near-bankrupt nation unless it switched to free market.
However, Gorbachev is responsible for many other, much worse events and his decision to lower the repressions and the police grip, which led to the downfall.
Last edited by Lithuanian Empire on Sun May 18, 2014 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hannibal Lecter's Inspiration of the AXIS PACT!
I am the real Lith. Isle of Lithonia is a fake!

-stripped-
Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: 0.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.97
Lithuanian Empire wrote:I never watch Eurovision - it's a waste of possible time on NS.
Yes, I prefer NS rather than Eurovision.

Lithuanian Empire wrote:
United Great Britian wrote:-really lame app-

If I was the OP, I would reject this immediately.
However, Allen doesn't like my harsh/just technique, so there's hope.

Lithuanian Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Lithuanian Empire » Sun May 18, 2014 8:25 am

Bolnoa wrote:
Lithuanian Empire wrote:You tell that those nations were better under communism?
Let's take the Soviet Union for example.

I'm gonna have to stop you right there with the over rated "Oh Soviet example"....To bad other Communist nations didn't follow the Soviet example! I.E Yugoslavia and Vietnam

If it were an example of oh lets say...Benin then maybe I'd sense some originality in this 'example' topic.

Full of corruption, inefficient economy, huge debt, worthless currency, near-slavelabour (A Soviet worker earned about 10 dollars per month),

Those former Communist nations have an insane amount of corruption now! Somalia says hi! inefficient economy? Yes because Somalia was considered the paradise of Africa because of it's terrible economy or ya know the massive economic industry in Yugoslavia with there inefficient economy. Worthless currency? How many nations traded with the second world again? A lot I know. Slave labour kind of an international thing that's existed pre-Communist regimes.

You also forgot to add in that free healthcare,education, and massive housing industry in these areas.

economic dependancy on oil, near-starving populace (Almost everything was in deficit,the USSR had to import food), no technological advancements except space and weaponry (The first computers in USSR arrived after it's fall, 50 year old telephones and cars), repressions and more!

Like the U.S is with Oil in the middle east right? Plus in the 70s the U.S went through an Oil crisis as to where the U.S.S.R began drilling in Siberia when they to went into the crisis but dependent, I think not! Again the people in Somalia didn't starve until they were no longer Communist. At this point I need to ask where on earth did you get this information on technology? It's pretty laughable and I mean REALLY REALLY laughable!

Dude, I live in Eastern Europe and I can say - the USSR was worthless, just to the Westerners it looked strong because of it's influence and nuclear arsenal.

I highly recommend you to read some of Čekuolis's literature, he cleverly explains everything about the USSR. The only problem is that it is only in Lithuanian.

-stripped-
Political Compass:
Lithuanian Empire wrote:I never watch Eurovision - it's a waste of possible time on NS.

Lithuanian Empire wrote:

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Sun May 18, 2014 8:26 am

Lithuanian Empire wrote:
Bolnoa wrote:

I highly recommend you to read some of Čekuolis's literature, he cleverly explains everything about the USSR. The only problem is that it is only in Lithuanian.

In other words:
"I know that you just blew away my argument so I'm not even going to bother trying to respond to anything you said."

Lithuanian Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Lithuanian Empire » Sun May 18, 2014 8:31 am

Bezombia wrote:
Lithuanian Empire wrote:I highly recommend you to read some of Čekuolis's literature, he cleverly explains everything about the USSR. The only problem is that it is only in Lithuanian.

In other words:
"I know that you just blew away my argument so I'm not even going to bother trying to respond to anything you said."

Nah, it's because I don't have time to write long posts right now. And because it won't do anything - the point of a debate is to defeat other person's facts and make him agree, but people here are unbeatable, they will just ad hoc their way out.

Also, I recommend Collapse of an Empire: Lessons for Modern Russia by Yegor Gaidar for most NS communists. Most major economists agree with this book, and it explains the collapse of USSR very well.

-stripped-
Political Compass:

Lithuanian Empire wrote:

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Sun May 18, 2014 8:34 am

Lithuanian Empire wrote:
Bezombia wrote:
In other words:

Nah, it's because I don't have time to write long posts right now. And because it won't do anything - the point of a debate is to defeat other person's facts and make him agree, but people here are unbeatable, they will just ad hoc their way out.

Also, I recommend Collapse of an Empire: Lessons for Modern Russia by Yegor Gaidar for most NS communists. Most major economists agree with this book, and it explains the collapse of USSR very well.

So your response to his argument is literally "read a book".
Classy.

The 93rd Coalition
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The 93rd Coalition » Sun May 18, 2014 8:36 am

Bezombia wrote:
Lithuanian Empire wrote:Nah, it's because I don't have time to write long posts right now. And because it won't do anything - the point of a debate is to defeat other person's facts and make him agree, but people here are unbeatable, they will just ad hoc their way out.

Classy.

At least it's a good book. Probably.

Lithuanian Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Lithuanian Empire » Sun May 18, 2014 8:37 am

Bezombia wrote:
Lithuanian Empire wrote:Nah, it's because I don't have time to write long posts right now. And because it won't do anything - the point of a debate is to defeat other person's facts and make him agree, but people here are unbeatable, they will just ad hoc their way out.

Classy.

Yes, because the book contradicts with almost everything he said.
And I recommend it. I've read it, and it's good.

-stripped-
Political Compass:

Lithuanian Empire wrote:

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Sun May 18, 2014 8:38 am

Lithuanian Empire wrote:
Bezombia wrote:
Classy.

Yes, because the book contradicts with almost everything he said.

The point is you're basically conceding the argument by not attempting to refute what he said.
And to that end you might as well be saying "The soviet union was brought down by unicorn-riding clowns led by the armies of Satan" because it'd have the same effect.

Lithuanian Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Lithuanian Empire » Sun May 18, 2014 8:47 am

Bezombia wrote:
Lithuanian Empire wrote:Yes, because the book contradicts with almost everything he said.

The point is you're basically conceding the argument by not attempting to refute what he said.
And to that end you might as well be saying "The soviet union was brought down by unicorn-riding clowns led by the armies of Satan" because it'd have the same effect.

I said, I don't have time to write such long posts.

-stripped-
Political Compass:

Lithuanian Empire wrote:

Liberaxia
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Liberaxia » Sun May 18, 2014 8:55 am

All your properties are belong to us.
Favors: Civil Libertarianism, Constitutional Democratic Republicanism, Multilateralism, Freedom of Commerce, Popular Sovereignty, Intellectual Property, Fiat Currency, Competition Law, Intergovernmentalism, Privacy Rights
Opposes: The Security State, The Police State, Mob Rule, Traditionalism, Theocracy, Monarchism, Paternalism, Religious Law, Debt
Your friendly pro-commerce, anti-market nation.
On libertarians: The ideology whose major problem is the existence of other people with different views.

Bolnoa
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Bolnoa » Sun May 18, 2014 9:19 am

Lithuanian Empire wrote:
Bolnoa wrote:

I'm pretty sure I made it vaguely obvious that I don't have strong feelings for the U.S.S.R and it's collapse. While I do have feelings for it's role in history as well as it's role for the creation of the second world and modernization of Mongolia. If you read my message over again and notice the lack of USSR being mentioned the book you'd want me to read would only come across as inconvenient and not worth my time. As I can easily combat your "fall of the U.S.S.R" with the "Rise of the peoples republic of Laos" so in honesty this pot hole I can walk over.

The biggest thing I've noticed with Anti-Communist arguments is pretty obvious and that's the region of Eastern Europe being refrenced as well as Asia being noted.....Since ya know Communism totally was never in the Middle East,Africa, and Latin America.

I also like how you constantly say you can't make a big post...But looking at how many posts you just made I can clearly tell you can't really push me back here. Plus why not take quotes from the book and post them here? Wouldn't it prove to be beneficial and I dunno...Quicker?

As much as the U.S.S.R is refrenced I tend to steer clear of it since a vast majority are on that front. I'm on the 'other' fronts in terms of Communist nation discussion as well as leaders.

Edited for:Misreading of last post.
Last edited by Bolnoa on Sun May 18, 2014 9:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Visit, see some of our dispatches! We like new members in out region and we'd be grateful if you help us grow our region to make it bigger and better then before!

Lithuanian Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Lithuanian Empire » Sun May 18, 2014 9:23 am

African and American "communists" are hardly communist. Their leaders claim to be communist, but in reality it's just a military dictatorship.
Except for maybe Cuba.

Also, I am on my phone. Explained.

-stripped-
Political Compass:

Lithuanian Empire wrote:

Socialist Tera
Senator

Founded: Dec 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Socialist Tera » Sun May 18, 2014 9:28 am

Bezombia wrote:
Saint Francis and Galas wrote:

Original Marxism-Engellianism is the only flavor that'll actually work. Everything else just tried to "fix" something that wasn't broken and just ended up creating more problems then it was worth.

Marx and Engels is their works mainly criticized Capitalism but provided little to no ideas on how to make communism work because they saw it was ahead of their time.
Theistic Satanist, Anarchist, Survivalist, eco-socialist. ex-tankie.

Bolnoa
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Bolnoa » Sun May 18, 2014 9:57 am

Lithuanian Empire wrote:African and American "communists" are hardly communist. Their leaders claim to be communist, but in reality it's just a military dictatorship.

I dunno António was barely even a dictator. It was clear his motive was unification of his people and to liberate them from the Portuguese Empire and the South African invasion. His heart was in the right spot his legacy is overshadowed by his 'successor' though. One of the finest leaders of Angola.

While over throwing the government before and was going to be overthrown but ultimately didn't work out and was re-elected as president. Mathieu was the hardening stone of his nation odd for being a Communist leader he was a member of Islam,strange? Plus I'm pretty sure this guy is still alive.While I do disagree with some of his actions overall he was the harden leader that Benin always asks for.

So..What now?

Except for maybe Cuba.

Maybe? You mean is.
Last edited by Bolnoa on Sun May 18, 2014 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Socialist Tera
Senator

Founded: Dec 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Socialist Tera » Sun May 18, 2014 9:59 am

Lithuanian Empire wrote:African and American "communists" are hardly communist. Their leaders claim to be communist, but in reality it's just a military dictatorship.
Except for maybe Cuba.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BTDRLcPsPo
Wrong.
Theistic Satanist, Anarchist, Survivalist, eco-socialist. ex-tankie.

Lithuanian Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Lithuanian Empire » Sun May 18, 2014 10:05 am

Socialist Tera wrote:
Except for maybe Cuba.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BTDRLcPsPo
Wrong.

Well, most of them.

-stripped-
Political Compass:

Lithuanian Empire wrote:

Constantinopolis
Powerbroker

Founded: Antiquity
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Constantinopolis » Sun May 18, 2014 10:19 am

Lithuanian Empire wrote:Also, I recommend Collapse of an Empire: Lessons for Modern Russia by Yegor Gaidar for most NS communists.

Gaidar? Gaidar?? That filthy bastard can rot in hell for what he did. He was more responsible than any other single individual for the total disaster that were the 1990s. His insane free-market "shock therapy" utterly destroyed Russian industry, caused an economic crisis greater than the Great Depression, and drove tens of millions of people to abject poverty and destitution.

Fuck Gaidar.
The Holy Socialist Republic of Constantinopolis
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile." -- Albert Einstein
Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -10.00 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.64
________________Communist. Leninist. Orthodox Christian.________________
Communism is the logical conclusion of Christian morality. "Whoever loves his neighbor as himself owns no more than his neighbor does", in the words of St. Basil the Great. The anti-theism of past Leninists was a tragic mistake, and the Church should be an ally of the working class.
My posts on the 12 Great Feasts of the Orthodox Church: -I- -II- -III- -IV- -V- -VI- -VII- -VIII- [PASCHA] -IX- -X- -XI- -XII-

Bolnoa
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Bolnoa » Sun May 18, 2014 10:21 am

Lithuanian Empire wrote:

Well, most of them.

List of names:

[Insert here]

Lithuanian Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Lithuanian Empire » Sun May 18, 2014 10:25 am

Constantinopolis wrote:
Lithuanian Empire wrote:Also, I recommend Collapse of an Empire: Lessons for Modern Russia by Yegor Gaidar for most NS communists.

Gaidar? Gaidar?? That filthy bastard can rot in hell for what he did. He was more responsible than any other single individual for the total disaster that were the 1990s. His insane free-market "shock therapy" utterly destroyed Russian industry, caused an economic crisis greater than the Great Depression, and drove tens of millions of people to abject poverty and destitution.

Fuck Gaidar.

We're not judging the guy here. At least he did better than Gorbachev.

-stripped-
Political Compass:

Lithuanian Empire wrote:

Britannic Realms
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Britannic Realms » Sun May 18, 2014 10:27 am

I don't know why so many people here hate Gorbachev.
British, Bisexual, Protestant

Pro: civil rights for all, Scottish unionism, electoral reform, mixed economics, NATO, Commonwealth, foreign aid, nuclear weapons
Neutral: Irish unionism, European Union
Anti: fascism, communism, neoliberalism, populism
Disclaimer: Many of my past forum posts (particularly the oldest ones) are not representative of my current views, I'm way more progressive than I was back then lol.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General