NATION

PASSWORD

Anti-Chinese riots in Vietnam

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sklavinia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sklavinia » Thu May 15, 2014 5:12 pm

Imperial Nilfgaard wrote:Riots and Violence against Chinese citizens is spiraling in Vietnam. Reports of factories being burned and ethnic Chinese businessmen fleeing is the unfortunate byproduct of this situation.
20 people have been killed thus far in the past day.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/m ... in-vietnam

It is sad to see such hostility against the People's Republic of China. I feel like the West is purposefully trying to stoke tension in the region by pitting China's neighbors against Beijing in a thinly veiled containment policy.
"Pivot to Asia" as they like to call it.
Obama's Sino-phobic Asia tour last month as a good example of this policy.

Vietnam must immediately work to contain this nationalist outburst, or bad things may come.

First off, the Vietnamese have always hated the Chinese considering the latter has always tried to conquer the former.

Second off, hostility towards the PRC is a good thing. The PRC sucks. It's just another corrupt, polluted, human rights abusing hell-hole. The ROC is the real, true, China. Fuck the PRC!
----------------Tell King Europe to get his puppets out of Kiev!--------------
--------------------End Ukrainian fascism! Съ нами Богъ!--------------------

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Thu May 15, 2014 5:13 pm

Sklavinia wrote:
Imperial Nilfgaard wrote:Riots and Violence against Chinese citizens is spiraling in Vietnam. Reports of factories being burned and ethnic Chinese businessmen fleeing is the unfortunate byproduct of this situation.

It is sad to see such hostility against the People's Republic of China. I feel like the West is purposefully trying to stoke tension in the region by pitting China's neighbors against Beijing in a thinly veiled containment policy.

Vietnam must immediately work to contain this nationalist outburst, or bad things may come.

First off, the Vietnamese have always hated the Chinese considering the latter has always tried to conquer the former.

Second off, hostility towards the PRC is a good thing. The PRC sucks. It's just another corrupt, polluted, human rights abusing hell-hole. The ROC is the real, true, China. Fuck the PRC!

This guy. He gets it.

Tuthina
Senator

Founded: Jun 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Tuthina » Thu May 15, 2014 5:14 pm

Sklavinia wrote:

Would you mind if I ask how much do you know about ROC?
Call me Reno.
14:54:02 <Lykens> Explain your definition of Reno.

11:47 <Swilatia> Good god, copy+paste is no way to build a country!

03:08 <Democratic Koyro> NSG senate is a glaring example of why no one in NSG should ever have a position of authority
Rated as Class A: Environmental Utopia by Namor People's Rating Department
Rated as Human Rights Haven (7/10) by Namor People's Rating Department
Rated as Partially Free (4/10) by Namor People's Rating Department
Rated as Post-Industrial Nation (48 000 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually) by Syleruian Carbon Output Index
Rated as Category B by Edenist Travel Advisory Guide

Dalcaria
Minister

Founded: Jun 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Dalcaria » Thu May 15, 2014 5:15 pm

Cyyro wrote:China declares war on Vietnam, then the Soviet Union prepares to launch attack on China but China attacks first, Anyone get it?

Russia would support China in a move like that most likely, as long as China supported Russia invading the Ukraine. :p
"Take Fascism and remove the racism, ultra-nationalism, oppression, murder, and replace these things with proper civil rights and freedoms and what do you get? Us, a much stronger and more free nation than most."
"Tell me, is it still a 'revolution' or 'liberation' when you are killing our men, women, and children in front of us for not allowing themselves to be 'saved' by you? Call Communism and Democracy whatever you want, but to our people they're both the same thing; Oppression."
"You say manifest destiny, I say act of war. You're free to disagree with me, but I tend to make my arguments with a gun."
Since everyone does one of these: Impeach Democracy, Legalize Monarchy, Incompetent leadership is theft.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Thu May 15, 2014 5:17 pm

Gallia- wrote:This is almost as bad as France hating Germany for WW2.

Silly Asia, holding grudges for centuries.

Authoritarian countries don't have a history of respecting others.

Tuthina
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Tuthina » Thu May 15, 2014 5:17 pm

All sides constantly opening wounds old and new does not help though.
Call me Reno.

03:08 <Democratic Koyro> NSG senate is a glaring example of why no one in NSG should ever have a position of authority
Rated as Post-Industrial Nation (48 000 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually) by Syleruian Carbon Output Index

Dalcaria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dalcaria » Thu May 15, 2014 5:19 pm

Yeah, except Germany invaded France in WW2, and likewise China is trying to invade Vietnam again right now.

This isn't about grudges, this is about one country (China) being an blundering fool and trying to basically bait other countries into war against them so they can invade them and be "justified" for it. If China starts the war, China's the bad guy, but if Vietnam starts the war, then Vietnam is "the bad guy".
"Take Fascism and remove the racism, ultra-nationalism, oppression, murder, and replace these things with proper civil rights and freedoms and what do you get? Us, a much stronger and more free nation than most."
"Tell me, is it still a 'revolution' or 'liberation' when you are killing our men, women, and children in front of us for not allowing themselves to be 'saved' by you? Call Communism and Democracy whatever you want, but to our people they're both the same thing; Oppression."
"You say manifest destiny, I say act of war. You're free to disagree with me, but I tend to make my arguments with a gun."
Since everyone does one of these: Impeach Democracy, Legalize Monarchy, Incompetent leadership is theft.

New Connorstantinople
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Connorstantinople » Thu May 15, 2014 5:20 pm

I for one am no friend of the PRC, but its never good to see citizen, non-combatants killed. Its somewhat funny really, throughout the Chinese Dynasties, Vietnam was fighting tooth and nail against them, with exceptions like the 1970s of course. Some things don't change much. Asians hating other Asians is one of em I guess... :(
Full Member of the International Space Agency
Economic Left/Right: 5.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.62
German-American, Male, Heterosexual, Protestant Christian, and Center-Right Libertarian-leaning friendly United States citizen.
In Character, please refer to my nation as the "Lone Star Republic", thank you

This nation somewhat resembles my beliefs

http://nseconomy.thirdgeek.com/nseconom ... tantinople

New Connorstantinople
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Connorstantinople » Thu May 15, 2014 5:22 pm

Sklavinia wrote:

Taiwan all day erry day! Dern gummunists.
Full Member of the International Space Agency
Economic Left/Right: 5.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.62
German-American, Male, Heterosexual, Protestant Christian, and Center-Right Libertarian-leaning friendly United States citizen.
In Character, please refer to my nation as the "Lone Star Republic", thank you

This nation somewhat resembles my beliefs

http://nseconomy.thirdgeek.com/nseconom ... tantinople

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Thu May 15, 2014 5:24 pm

China and Vietnam have historically been at each other's throats besides periods of domination by the Chinese of the Vietnamese. Even the communist Vietnam and China had shaky relations at times. This Capitalist struggle of SE Asia does not break previous trends, and no matter what Putin tells you, Vietnamese-American relations and US influence really still aren't that great. The West is not responsible.
Economic Left/Right: -10.0 (previously -6.45)
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.18 (previously -4.72 )
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves;
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

Sklavinia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sklavinia » Thu May 15, 2014 5:25 pm

Tuthina wrote:
Sklavinia wrote:

I know it's better than the PRC, that's for sure.
----------------Tell King Europe to get his puppets out of Kiev!--------------
--------------------End Ukrainian fascism! Съ нами Богъ!--------------------

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Thu May 15, 2014 5:28 pm

Sklavinia wrote:
Tuthina wrote:Would you mind if I ask how much do you know about ROC?

They were insane and bad too.

Tuthina
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Tuthina » Thu May 15, 2014 5:29 pm

Sklavinia wrote:

I would argue regarding that, but we are getting a bit off-topic. Perhaps what is more annoying is that in this incident, Vietnamese mob is targetting anyone/anything that looks Chinese, meaning that the most material damage is done to Taiwanese.
Call me Reno.

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Thu May 15, 2014 5:33 pm

Chiang Kai-shek did some horrible things putting his ROC almost as bad as the PRC to live in. China needs widespread reform. But yeah. Vietnamese and Chinese at each other throats and a Putinist blames it on the West. Ironically, I support Putin in many things, including the Ukraine, but this West is everywhere thing he has broadcast there has to stop.
Last edited by Personal Freedom on Thu May 15, 2014 6:33 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Thu May 15, 2014 5:51 pm

Personal Freedom wrote:Chiang Kai-shek did some horrible things putting his ROC almost as bad as the PRC to live in. China needs widespread reform. But yeah. Viennese and Chinese at each other throats and a Putinist blames it on the West. Ironically, I support Putin in many things, including the Ukraine, but this West is everywhere thing he has broadcast there has to stop.

How are a bunch of south German imperial wannabees in any contest with a massive transnational power [I didn't say superpower]?
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Thu May 15, 2014 6:07 pm

Benuty wrote:
Personal Freedom wrote:Chiang Kai-shek did some horrible things putting his ROC almost as bad as the PRC to live in. China needs widespread reform. But yeah. Viennese and Chinese at each other throats and a Putinist blames it on the West. Ironically, I support Putin in many things, including the Ukraine, but this West is everywhere thing he has broadcast there has to stop.

How are a bunch of south German imperial wannabees in any contest with a massive transnational power [I didn't say superpower]?

Are we referring to China v.s. Vietnam?

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Thu May 15, 2014 6:30 pm

Personal Freedom wrote:
Benuty wrote:How are a bunch of south German imperial wannabees in any contest with a massive transnational power [I didn't say superpower]?

Are we referring to China v.s. Vietnam?

You said Viennese...should it not be Vietnamese?
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Thu May 15, 2014 6:33 pm

Benuty wrote:
Personal Freedom wrote:Are we referring to China v.s. Vietnam?

You said Viennese...should it not be Vietnamese?

Stupid auto-correct.

Imperial Nilfgaard
Senator

Founded: Jan 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Nilfgaard » Thu May 15, 2014 8:29 pm

Dalcaria wrote:
Cyyro wrote:China declares war on Vietnam, then the Soviet Union prepares to launch attack on China but China attacks first, Anyone get it?

Russia would support China in a move like that most likely, as long as China supported Russia invading the Ukraine. :p

A concurrent invasion of Ukraine and Vietnam by Russia and China respectively would probably shake the world economy a bit too much.
Down with the Banderovists!
Remember Odessa!
Крым
это часть России. Россия Своих Не Бросает!

We are the Great Souled Men of NS.
General-Secretary of the American Compartmentalist Party. ComPart for short.
Great Souled Idols: Vladimir Putin, Aleksandr Dugin, Nigel Farage, Marine Le Pen, Eric Zemmour
Manifesto - A Treatise on Souls

Proud Supporter of Bashar al-Assad's fight against terrorism

Geilinor
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Geilinor » Thu May 15, 2014 8:32 pm

Tuthina wrote:
Sklavinia wrote:

Probably enough to know that it's been a liberal democracy for over 2 decades, is ranked highly in freedom of speech and the press, healthcare, and education.
Member of the Free Democratic Party. Not left. Not right. Forward.
Economic Left/Right: -1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41

Blazedtown
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Blazedtown » Thu May 15, 2014 8:40 pm

Geilinor wrote:

Probably enough to know that it's been a liberal democracy for over 2 decades, is ranked highly in freedom of speech and the press, healthcare, and education.

Didn't you know that everything outside of America remains static?
Go Vikings.
Sunnyvale, straight the fuck up.

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Thu May 15, 2014 8:57 pm

Geilinor wrote:

But... before the communists it was a bad place. Taiwan is different then Chiang Kai-shek's China. The original ROC was a terrible place.

http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/CHINA.CHAP1.HTM
Last edited by Personal Freedom on Thu May 15, 2014 9:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Dalcaria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dalcaria » Fri May 16, 2014 1:40 am

Imperial Nilfgaard wrote:
Dalcaria wrote:Russia would support China in a move like that most likely, as long as China supported Russia invading the Ukraine. :p

A concurrent invasion of Ukraine and Vietnam by Russia and China respectively would probably shake the world economy a bit too much.

I don't think either of them have the military capabilities to achieve that just yet. It'll be until about 2020 or later when a war like that happens. Plus, they'll probably improve their economies by focusing on military output. Wars are good for rejuvenating economies in some cases unfortunately. Plus, the added resources they secure may end up paying for the resources they expend and even give them some surplus too. But really, at the end of the day, Russia is seeming more and more nationalistic as the days go by, so Putin may not be thinking very far ahead about the economy, or he may plan on using more Nazi style economic policies. As for China, the rest of the world pretty much relies on China to survive, so it's more the world that suffers rather than China. Their economy may do poorly, but then that's just justification for securing more territory and resources. Plus, they'd probably use this as a chance to focus more on autarky as well. Since they have most of the world's credit and gold, they've really got the biggest bargaining chips right now. And also, I highly doubt a war like this would end at Ukraine and Vietnam, China and Russia would most likely want much more.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General