NATION

PASSWORD

Anti-Chinese riots in Vietnam

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Thu May 15, 2014 4:38 pm

Genivaria wrote:If we can bring together Asian nations that are wary of China then it could lead to an Asian regional union like in Europe and Africa.

why would you want that?

do you not like China?
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Thu May 15, 2014 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oaledonia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Oaledonia » Thu May 15, 2014 4:39 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:do you not like China?

No.
Last edited by Wikipe-tan on January 13, 2006 4:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The lovable PMT nation of hugs and chibi! Now with 75% more Hanyū!
Oaledonian wiki | Decoli Defense | Embassy | OAF Military Info
Blackjack-and-Hookers wrote:
Oaledonia wrote:I'll go make my own genocidal galactic empire! with blackjack and hookers

You bet your ass you will!
Divair wrote:NSG summer doesn't end anymore. Climate change.
Under construction
*POLITICALLY CONTENTIOUS STATEMENTS INTENSIFY*

Roski
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Thu May 15, 2014 4:39 pm

Blazedtown wrote:
Roski wrote:

Does posting things that are objectively false give you a hard on?

Are you serious right now?
You seem to not understand the American people at all.
I'm some 17 year old psuedo-libertarian who leans to the left in social terms, is fiercly right economically, and centrist in foriegn policy. Unapologetically Pro-American, Pro-NATO, even if we do fuck up (a lot). If you can find real sources that disagree with me I will change my opinion. Call me IHOP cause I'm always flipping.

Follow my Vex Robotics team on instagram! @3921a_vex

I am the Federal Republic of Roski. I have a population slightly over 256 million with a GDP of 13.92-14.25 trillion. My gross domestic product increases each year between .4%-.1.4%. I have a military with 4.58 million total people, with 1.58 million of those active. My defense spending is 598.5 billion, or 4.2% of my Gross Domestic Product.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Thu May 15, 2014 4:40 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Genivaria wrote:If we can bring together Asian nations that are wary of China then it could lead to an Asian regional union like in Europe and Africa.

why would you want that?

do you not like China?

Correction I dislike the People's Republic of China.
The Republic of China I like just fine.

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Thu May 15, 2014 4:40 pm

Norstal wrote:
Imperial Nilfgaard wrote:Riots and Violence against Chinese citizens is spiraling in Vietnam. Reports of factories being burned and ethnic Chinese businessmen fleeing is the unfortunate byproduct of this situation.
20 people have been killed thus far in the past day.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/m ... in-vietnam

It is sad to see such hostility against the People's Republic of China. I feel like the West is purposefully trying to stoke tension in the region by pitting China's neighbors against Beijing in a thinly veiled containment policy.
"Pivot to Asia" as they like to call it.
Obama's Sino-phobic Asia tour last month as a good example of this policy.

Vietnam must immediately work to contain this nationalist outburst, or bad things may come.

...Most of South-East Asia hates Chinese people because they are seen as rich, powerful, and controlling.

You forgot "arrogant" and "domineering". ;) The Chinese have a lovely reputation, and their recent actions -- trying to lay claim to anything and everything nearby -- are making that rep into truth. I think the Chinese reputation in Asia is even worse that the US's was in Latin American during the worst of its meddling.
Gollum died for your sins.
Power is an equal-opportunity corrupter.

Roski
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Thu May 15, 2014 4:40 pm

Blazedtown wrote:
Roski wrote:I will not even read the article or the OP.

Send 200,000 US Soldiers to assist the riots.

While no doubt it would be effective, Americans don't like fighting in Vietnam. We don't like words ending in am, it reminds us of getting up in the morning.

Sure it has nothing to do with being defeated?
I'm some 17 year old psuedo-libertarian who leans to the left in social terms, is fiercly right economically, and centrist in foriegn policy. Unapologetically Pro-American, Pro-NATO, even if we do fuck up (a lot). If you can find real sources that disagree with me I will change my opinion. Call me IHOP cause I'm always flipping.

I am the Federal Republic of Roski. I have a population slightly over 256 million with a GDP of 13.92-14.25 trillion. My gross domestic product increases each year between .4%-.1.4%. I have a military with 4.58 million total people, with 1.58 million of those active. My defense spending is 598.5 billion, or 4.2% of my Gross Domestic Product.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Thu May 15, 2014 4:40 pm

Roski wrote:
Blazedtown wrote:

You still haven't provided a source.

Thafoo
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Thafoo » Thu May 15, 2014 4:40 pm

Roski wrote:
Blazedtown wrote:

Hee hee hee you silly gherkin you

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Thu May 15, 2014 4:41 pm

Genivaria wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:
why would you want that?

do you not like China?

Correction I dislike the People's Republic of China.

cause of democracy?

Roski
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Thu May 15, 2014 4:41 pm

Thafoo wrote:
Roski wrote:I will not even read the article or the OP.

Send 200,000 US Soldiers to assist the riots.

Don't do this to my country, thank you very much. We/they generally aren't fond of our/their fatigues, for somewhat obvious reasons.

Well.
We could just invade China.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Thu May 15, 2014 4:41 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Genivaria wrote:Correction I dislike the People's Republic of China.

cause of democracy?

And Human Rights , they're kind of an important thing.

Roski
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Thu May 15, 2014 4:41 pm

Genivaria wrote:
Roski wrote:

You still haven't provided a source.

How to you provide a source for something that is believed, an not an official statement from one's government?

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Thu May 15, 2014 4:42 pm

Roski wrote:
Thafoo wrote:Don't do this to my country, thank you very much. We/they generally aren't fond of our/their fatigues, for somewhat obvious reasons.

Well.

The PRC? Yeah no.

Blazedtown
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Blazedtown » Thu May 15, 2014 4:42 pm

Yes. The sooner the Vietnamese allow us to reoccupy all of those bases we built for them the better.
Go Vikings.
Sunnyvale, straight the fuck up.

Roski
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Thu May 15, 2014 4:42 pm

Roski wrote:
Thafoo wrote:Don't do this to my country, thank you very much. We/they generally aren't fond of our/their fatigues, for somewhat obvious reasons.

Well.

edit: This is a horrid idea. Do not take it seriously.

Roski
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Thu May 15, 2014 4:42 pm

Genivaria wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:
cause of democracy?

And Human Rights , they're kind of an important thing.

What are human rights?

(sarcasm)

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Thu May 15, 2014 4:43 pm

Roski wrote:
Genivaria wrote:You still haven't provided a source.

How to you provide a source for something that is believed, an not an official statement from one's government?

Believed by who exactly? You're making this wild claim with no basis whatsoever.
It sure as hell isn't what's taught in schools.

The Rhomaion
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Rhomaion » Thu May 15, 2014 4:43 pm

Roski wrote:
Blazedtown wrote:
While no doubt it would be effective, Americans don't like fighting in Vietnam. We don't like words ending in am, it reminds us of getting up in the morning.

Technically America wasn't defeated. I mean, it failed in every key objective, but it never actually invaded North Vietnam (AFAIK), and so to call it a genuine "defeat" would be tricky.
-- FreeSoc --
The Grand Empire of Rhomas and its Dominions/The Rhomish Empire

Officially a Respectable and Upstanding Role Model Nation

Thafoo
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Thafoo » Thu May 15, 2014 4:43 pm

Roski wrote:

Well.

oH MY GOD HILARIOUS

1. Devastating to companies with foreign investment, due to the obvious cessation of trade or the collateral damage of their factories and offices.
2. No reason to invade. Ergo, damaging on the international stage.
3. Why?

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Thu May 15, 2014 4:43 pm

Roski wrote:
Genivaria wrote:And Human Rights , they're kind of an important thing.

What are human rights?

(sarcasm)

The PRC doesn't know either.

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Thu May 15, 2014 4:43 pm

Roski wrote:

Well.

I assume you mean "could" in the sense that "yes, it is hypothetically possible for the US to put soldiers in China by force" and not in the sense of "...and keep them there for any length of time, much less achieve any plausible military-political objective".
Last edited by Northwest Slobovia on Thu May 15, 2014 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gollum died for your sins.
Power is an equal-opportunity corrupter.

Roski
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Thu May 15, 2014 4:44 pm

Northwest Slobovia wrote:
Roski wrote:
Well.

I assume you mean "could" in the sense that "yes, it is hypothetically possible for the US to put soldiers in China by force" and not in the sense of "...and keep them their for any length of time, much less achieve any plausible military-political objective".

One bomb and the bubble China has pops!

Blazedtown
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Blazedtown » Thu May 15, 2014 4:45 pm

Roski wrote:
Blazedtown wrote:

We weren't defeated but we didn't win. We failed our political objectives of ensuring the survival of South Vietnam, however other than maybe a couple of battles we were never defeated. We lost the will to fight at home.
Go Vikings.
Sunnyvale, straight the fuck up.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Thu May 15, 2014 4:45 pm

Roski wrote:
Northwest Slobovia wrote:I assume you mean "could" in the sense that "yes, it is hypothetically possible for the US to put soldiers in China by force" and not in the sense of "...and keep them their for any length of time, much less achieve any plausible military-political objective".

One bomb and the bubble China has pops!

Thermonuclear War is not fun in real life.

Roski
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Thu May 15, 2014 4:46 pm

The Rhomaion wrote:
Roski wrote:

Technically America wasn't defeated. I mean, it failed in every key objective, but it never actually invaded North Vietnam (AFAIK), and so to call it a genuine "defeat" would be tricky.

But it led the Defence of South Vietnam, which was defeated.
Therefore, its a defeat.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General