NATION

PASSWORD

James Cameron's Avatar... is Bad?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Finland6
Envoy

Founded: Jul 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Finland6 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:16 pm

theres an alien sex scene
*UPDATED COMPASS*
Economic Left/Right: 5.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.15

Station 12
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Station 12 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:21 pm

It's more like an alien "kiss, then make out, then fade to black" scene.
Welcome to Station 12, citizen. Have a HAPPY day.

Birnadia wrote:JOY unit is perfection. JOY unit cannot be questioned.

Verlorenen wrote:I might be a cold-hearted fascist, but honestly - Station 12, your posts scare the living hell out of me.

Manahakatouki wrote:I would but you scare the crap out of me....your nation anyway.....

New Caldaris wrote:LOL dude i rarely see your posts but when i do i am either laughing or terrified at the thought someone could even say something so sinister and evil.

Lockswania wrote:Station twelve, you scare me.

The Eurasican Union wrote:Station 12, My leader might be corrupt and evil on the inside, but if he was on your station, he'd jump into space as a form of suicide.

Vonnerz
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Vonnerz » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:50 pm

Autumn Wind wrote:I, for one, found those three-d glasses a pain in the ass. Damn things gave me a headache in the first minute and a half, and I spent the next three hours pretty much fighting with them. I should have seen this coming, mind you, as the same thing happens when I wear sunglasses.

there is very much a anti-war, anti-imperialism theme to it,

I was thinking about that on the way back from the theater, since that's what everyone says. That's when I came to a different conclusion.

It's not about anti-imperialism at all.

Basically, it's just a big ass pull.

Pandora is a gigantic living organizm... a big superbrain with it's own independent conciousness. The flora of the planet act as the central nervous system while the fauna (animals and navi) act as red and white blood cells. The Navi pray to the central intelligence, which they call Eywa. The navi, living in their environment, have no real need to develop anything other than basic technology since they coexist as part of a greater organism and thus bond perfectly to everything else on the planet- The same way white blood cells don't constantly attack your red blood cells.

Humans, on the other hand, come from Earth, which unlike Pandora is just a rock with stuff on it. In order for humans to advance, we built technology to harness the environment, and when humans multiplied enough they had to leave to find new resources.

So the humans go to Pandora, and treat the planet as if it was Earth, and the Navis as if they were humans. The Navis and Eywa treat the humans as if they were foreign anti-bodies (thus trying to kill them with megafauna) until the humans develop Avatars (which operate like the AIDS virus) to infiltrate the Navi's civilization.

Ultimately, things come to a head and the Humans fight the Navis, curb stomping them with vastly superior firepower that was designed specifically to overcome the balance that the Navis assume is a universal standard.

Then the planet retaliates by comes alive to drive out the humans, who just then, at the end, figure out how rediculously in over their heads they are. It's a curbstomp in reverse, with THE ENTIRE PLANET fighting a couple hundred humans.

HAHAHA! Get it? It's not about imperialism, respect, or ecology at all!

It's the same moral of the story as the movie Aliens:

DON'T SCREW AROUND WITH CRAZY ALIEN SHIT!!

I think I agree with you...

viewtopic.php?p=1346653#p1346653
ex nations - Vonners & Rubiconic Crossings

"At the time, we believed that we would be attacked many more times that day and in the days that followed. Without really thinking, based on just emotion, spontaneous, I grabbed the arm of then Police Commissioner Bernard Kerik, and I said to him, "Bernie, thank God George Bush is our president."" - Rudy Guiliani, 2004 Republican National Convention

“We had no domestic terror attacks under Bush. We’ve had one under Obama.” - Rudy Guilani, on Good Morning America 01/08/2010

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Rich Port » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:29 pm

THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Previous

Return to General