NATION

PASSWORD

Babygate!!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Blazedtown
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Blazedtown » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:23 pm

Aggicificicerous wrote:
Next came the new birthers who saw not the happy miracle of life but mere campaigning. Newsmax's Steve Malzberg kicked off proceedings nicely with the statement: "When I say [the pregnancy is] staged I have to believe she's pregnant, if she says she's pregnant. But what great timing! God answered Hillary Clinton's prayers and she's going to have the prop of being a new grandma while she runs for president."

He is saying the Christian god supports Hillary's bid for president? That's quite an endorsement.

No he's saying that all babies are a gift from god. As are all children.

Until they become teenagers, then they're filthy creatures who touch themselves too much.
Go Vikings.
Sunnyvale, straight the fuck up.

Bythibus
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Bythibus » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:26 pm

Bombadil wrote:
Muinordgrad wrote:Stopped reading after

I hope this is satire....

I see a great future in political commentary ahead of you.

EDIT: I understand time is fleeting and precious but the linked article is more about the prism of gender in which Hillary is framed, likely by both right and left to be fair.

On one hand, Democratic Den Mother. On the other Queen Bitch of Communism. I really hate to say it, but if she runs, a primary talking point for both sides is going to be her gender, more so than now.
Hyper-extension of the ego of a megalomaniac female with a strong desire for ruling the world.

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bombadil » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:28 pm

Aggicificicerous wrote:
Next came the new birthers who saw not the happy miracle of life but mere campaigning. Newsmax's Steve Malzberg kicked off proceedings nicely with the statement: "When I say [the pregnancy is] staged I have to believe she's pregnant, if she says she's pregnant. But what great timing! God answered Hillary Clinton's prayers and she's going to have the prop of being a new grandma while she runs for president."

He is saying the Christian god supports Hillary's bid for president? That's quite an endorsement.

Ha, no, you miss the subtleties.. since it's known fact that god would never and could never endorse a Clinton, his implication is that, clearly, it actually is staged... or the Devil's work, either way..
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

MERIZoC
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 05, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby MERIZoC » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:30 pm

Bythibus wrote:
Bombadil wrote:

EDIT: I understand time is fleeting and precious but the linked article is more about the prism of gender in which Hillary is framed, likely by both right and left to be fair.

On one hand, Democratic Den Mother. On the other Queen Bitch of Communism. I really hate to say it, but if she runs, a primary talking point for both sides is going to be her gender, more so than now.

Queen B***ch of Communism? Really? Are you being serious, or joking around like other people in this thread?

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:30 pm

Bombadil wrote:
Aggicificicerous wrote:

Ha, no, you miss the subtleties.. since it's known fact that god would never and could never endorse a Clinton, his implication is that, clearly, it actually is staged... or the Devil's work, either way..

"But if God hates the Clintons, why did He let Bill become President?"
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

MERIZoC
Postmaster of the Fleet

Left-wing Utopia

Postby MERIZoC » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:32 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Bombadil wrote:

No, that was also the Devil's work. But God got even when he put George Bush in office!

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Postby Bombadil » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:34 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Bombadil wrote:

Clearly to remind the good people of USA what bad times are and thus lay a shining path to the glorious goodness, the second coming no less, of the house of Bush.

EDIT: ..and you bastards never learn, that anti-Christ Obama!!??

Jeb's gonna lay waste with his sword of righteousness..
Last edited by Bombadil on Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

Muinordgrad
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Muinordgrad » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:42 pm

Aggicificicerous wrote:

No, bro. We're talking about Allah.
Ghospodi Pomiloy

Bythibus
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Bythibus » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:42 pm

Merizoc wrote:
Bythibus wrote:On one hand, Democratic Den Mother. On the other Queen Bitch of Communism. I really hate to say it, but if she runs, a primary talking point for both sides is going to be her gender, more so than now.

Queen B***ch of Communism? Really? Are you being serious, or joking around like other people in this thread?

Son, if I used all the terms that Fox are going to label that woman over the next two years, Queen Bitch of Communism would look like a pet name.
Hyper-extension of the ego of a megalomaniac female with a strong desire for ruling the world.

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:57 pm

There are times when I am so glad that I no longer have ringside seats to the 3-ring circus that is the US presidential election...

After reading the OP, this is most definitely one of those times.
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:10 pm

Divair2 wrote:What? Seriously, what? Why, America? Why?

well when two people love each other very much like mark and chelsea, they want to have a family, and.....
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Estado Paulista
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Estado Paulista » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:12 pm

The Clintons are the new Kennedys.
Your nation is like a son. What it does right is your merit, as well as what it does wrong is your fault. When you praise it, be lucid and avoid exaggeration. Praising it too much can make it indolent. On the other hand, when you criticize it, be harsh, but do not ridicule it. Do your best to improve it, not through derision or disdain, but through good examples and dedication.

MERIZoC
Postmaster of the Fleet

Left-wing Utopia

Postby MERIZoC » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:15 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Divair2 wrote:What? Seriously, what? Why, America? Why?

well when two people love each other very much like mark and chelsea, they want to have a family, and.....

No, the 2014 Birthers clearly showed us that it was completely staged. By Satan…..

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:20 pm

NERVUN wrote:There are times when I am so glad that I no longer have ringside seats to the 3-ring circus that is the US presidential election...

Oh, we can set something up to ensure that you get all the news and I do mean ALL the news, Nerv. :p
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:21 pm

Estado Paulista wrote:The Clintons are the new Kennedys.

I'll believe that when someone tries to shoot (not SHOE) Hillary.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Boomhaueristan
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Boomhaueristan » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:21 pm

If her daughter wanted the baby and isn't being forced to have it, how does this conflict with her stance on abortion?
Proud service member since 2016
Libcenter
Happy husband and father

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:31 pm

Boomhaueristan wrote:If her daughter wanted the baby and isn't being forced to have it, how does this conflict with her stance on abortion?

its the terminology, chelesa is pregnant with child, not a fetus, and if the pro-abortion clintons believe a baby is not a baby but a fetus, they should call it so.

i get the point, i am not so sure i like using chelesa to make it.

while i hope she doesnt win, i do think its sexist to ask if her being a grandma would change her mind about running.

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Baltenstein
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Baltenstein » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:41 pm

Being informed by the finest of right-wing conspirologist blogs, I believe the Clintons reproduce like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wutcJ7tKyRA

(Possibly NSFW)
Last edited by Baltenstein on Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
O'er the hills and o'er the main.
Through Flanders, Portugal and Spain.
King George commands and we obey.
Over the hills and far away.

THE NORTH REMEMBERS

Bythibus
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Bythibus » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:44 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Boomhaueristan wrote:If her daughter wanted the baby and isn't being forced to have it, how does this conflict with her stance on abortion?

its the terminology, chelesa is pregnant with child, not a fetus, and if the pro-abortion clintons believe a baby is not a baby but a fetus, they should call it so.

while i hope she doesnt win, i do think its sexist to ask if her being a grandma would change her mind about running.

an expecting mother and her family calling a child a child before it's legally a child is not a story in the least, regardless of their positions on undesired fetus names.

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:46 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
NERVUN wrote:There are times when I am so glad that I no longer have ringside seats to the 3-ring circus that is the US presidential election...

Oh, we can set something up to ensure that you get all the news and I do mean ALL the news, Nerv. :p

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I like my NHK where the main news of the day is how hot (or cold) it is!
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:56 pm

Bythibus wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:its the terminology, chelesa is pregnant with child, not a fetus, and if the pro-abortion clintons believe a baby is not a baby but a fetus, they should call it so.

an expecting mother and her family calling a child a child before it's legally a child is not a story in the least, regardless of their positions on undesired fetus names.

then what is?

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Baltenstein
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Baltenstein » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:57 pm

Abortionists want to take the mothers' decision to have babies away from them. (Proof: Jack Chick comics)
O'er the hills and o'er the main.
Through Flanders, Portugal and Spain.
King George commands and we obey.
Over the hills and far away.

THE NORTH REMEMBERS

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:57 pm

The amazing feats of mental gymnastics they are capable of performing are the only things that keep me from thinking that these people are total morons.
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

KayCee Masterpiece
Secretary

Founded: Apr 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby KayCee Masterpiece » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:57 pm

Bythibus wrote:
Bombadil wrote:

I have to respectfully disagree on primary talking points being gender, if anything, it will be her age.

but three others:
Her votes as Senator for the 1. initial Patriot act and 2. to invade Iraq.. they were fair game for Obama to critique her on in 2007, and will continue to be so
3. most conservatives are never going to stop asking about Libya.

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Postby Bombadil » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:09 pm

KayCee Masterpiece wrote:I have to respectfully disagree on primary talking points being gender, if anything, it will be her age.

Potentially her age will be raised as an issue - hardly defensible but given Bush was framed as an All-American fighting hero while Kerry was a lily-livered coward, anything's possible... but I think gender will certainly be a large means of not directly attacking but certainly framing.. even if in words such as 'witch', 'harridan' or, and I honestly believe it will be used.. granny state.

But three others:
Her votes as Senator for the 1. initial Patriot act and 2. to invade Iraq.. they were fair game for Obama to critique her on in 2007, and will continue to be so
3. most conservatives are never going to stop asking about Libya.

I honestly cannot see the right attacking on Patriot Act voting or invading Iraq.. that would be.. well, I was going to say madness but per my example above I'm sure they could frame it because, let's face it, voters on either side believe what they want to that supports their candidate.

For Libya.. possibly, but I don't think polling sees her as weak on foreign policy.

I assume it will be back to Clinton, that property thing, Monica.. questioning the Clinton's themselves, over and above Granny State.

十年

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General